• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Roster Evolution: Back From The Shadows Edition! (Game 4 Has Begun!)

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
SWF ROSTER EVOLUTION!
Hello everyone, and welcome to Roster Evolution! This is a game based on several rosters evolving while being faced against each other in a survival like showdown, in which the community gets to vote on which people to eliminate.
-The total amount of players per game is 16. The minimum is eight.
-Players can ONLY join during the initial round.
-If players want to join they'll be put on que for the next game (with limited slots).
-We will always start with a roster of 15.
-The maximum amount of series allowed for the initial roster is 11.
-We may have special rules (IE: Only add females, males, villains, heroes, etc.) if you guys would like to see it, or unless I decide to do so.
-All roster must have every member of the original 8. No exceptions.
-You are not allowed to cut any character who was on your original roster.
-DK, Yoshi, and Wario must count as members of their own series.
-Birdo and Waluigi must count as Mario characters.
-Rosters can't be duplicates. If someone copies, then they need to change the roster before Elimination Begins or they WILL be eliminated.
-If there is a tie we will have a lightening round (a fast short round consisting of those two or more) if an another tie happens an third party will end it.
-Typical Flow Pattern:
Break Round: Contestants still in the game build up a roster according to the conditions I set. Failure to post a roster within the conditions when the break period is over will result in disqualification.
Elimination Round: I'll put up a separate PM for each player (and anyone not playing who wishes to vote) for voting. This means no posting the reason why you voted for someone in this thread. Also, if you wish to vote but aren't playing, you MUST either post in this thread that you would like to vote OR create a PM with me as the only other person in it. Once I return to announce the loser (Who got the most votes and has been eliminated) I'll open up entry for the next break.
-When you vote for someone, please post in the PMs during the elimination round as for who you voted for and why you voted for them. All votes for now on must have a bigger explanation. Votes like "I voted for X for lacking Y" will no longer be accepted, but those like "I voted for X for lacking Y. Honestly, Y is just too significant to leave out at this point" will be accepted.
-The champion from the previous game is allowed to participate in the following game, however, if the final round is between them and someone else, victory will automatically go to the non-champion (in other words, the last champ can only get up to second place or lower). After that game, this rule no longer applies to them.
Q-1: Is this a game where we pick the roster that Smash will end up with?
A-1: No. You only vote for the roster you dislike the most, it could be the most obscure roster ever, or it could be the safest roster ever, if you don't like that particular roster, then that's where you put your vote at.
Q-2: Can we put in anyone?
A-2: Yes, outside of three rules: First rule is that you cannot add characters who do not originate from video games (IE: Shrek, Goku) Second rule is that if you add someone like Mega Man, a third party, you cannot add anyone else from their company (IE: If you add Mega Man, you cannot add Ryu). Last rule is that you must have the Original Eight (Mario, Pikachu, Link, DK, Kirby, Samus, Yoshi, Fox) in all of your rosters, starting from the first one.
Q-3: Can we cut anyone?
A-3: Outside of the Original Eight, yes. But you are only permitted with three cuts per round. In some rounds, I will not allow cuts at all.
Q-4: Do we have to stick with the same roster each time?
A-4: Not usually. Most of the time we allow a certain amount of cuts (three) which allow the player to change his roster under the guidelines, but during some special rounds cuts are not given, you just have to deal with it.
Q-5: Do transformation/duo characters count as separate slots?
A-5: No, if you want them to take up an extra slot, then that character is not an transformation/ duo character, that counts as their own slot.
Q-6: Can there be duplicate rosters?
A-6: No. Each players roster has to be different from one another (at least one difference through character slots) if there happens to be two or more duplicate rosters at the end of the break period and there are no changes, the first copy of the roster will stay and the rest will be eliminated immediately from the game.
Q-7: Can I put in symbols or emblems for slots?
A-7: No, you need actual characters in your rosters, any roster that has a symbol or emblem will not be counted for.
Q-8: Do I have to make my roster in the Roster Maker?
A-8: No, but that is the preferred option. If you are going to use text, you must also keep it organized and not just leave it a miniature wall of text.
Q-9: Am I allowed to vote, even if I am not playing?
A-9: Sure. Just make sure you state why you voted for that roster.
Game 1:
1st- @YoshiandToad
2nd- @ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
3rd- @ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
Game 2:
1st- @andimidna
2nd- @Smasher 101
3rd- @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
Game 3:
1st- @ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma
2nd- @ E=Mewtwenty2 E=Mewtwenty2
3rd- @ Chase Chase
Shoutout to @lonekonwolf for creating this game back in the old days, and to @Liberation for running it when lonekon was unable to.

Members of Game 4:
@badfart47
@Weegee Da Meme
@ Chase Chase
@ E=Mewtwenty2 E=Mewtwenty2
@Zzuxon

Total members needed for Game 4: 8 (5 have been filled)

:007:

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
Oh heck yes I am so ready for this. I'm going to do better than my Game 2 performance. I will come back and post my fifteen character roster.

EDIT: I have my roster.

NEWCOMERS:
  • Mario (Mario)
  • Yoshi (Yoshi)
  • Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
  • Wario (Wario)
  • Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
  • Link (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Samus Aran (Metroid)
  • Pit (Kid Icarus)
  • Ness (EarthBound)
  • Fox McCloud (Star Fox)
  • Pikachu (Pokémon)
  • Kirby (Kirby)
  • Marth (Fire Emblem)
  • Olimar (Pikmin)
  • Villager (Animal Crossing)
Please don't be as hard as lonekonwolf was. I'd like to actually add characters every round instead of constantly getting rid of them.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You know, about a week ago I was wondering if this would ever happen again. I'm totally ready to get my win this time! I was so close the one time I played.

Newcomers:
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Link
Kirby
Samus
Fox
Captain Falcon
Pit
Villager
Ness
Marth
Pikmin and Olimar

New Series:
Mario
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Pokemon
Zelda
Kirby
Metriod
Starfox
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Animal Crossing
Earthbound/Mother
Fire Emblem
Pikmin

Last edited:
Count me in. I haven't played this game before, but I'm really interested on trying it. (I'll post my roster later)

EDIT: The roster:

Newcomers:
  • Mario (Mario)
  • Bowser (Mario)
  • Yoshi (Yoshi)
  • Wario (Wario)
  • Link (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Samus (Metroid)
  • Fox (Star Fox)
  • Marth (Fire Emblem)
  • Kirby (Kirby)
  • Pikachu (Pokemon)
  • Olimar (Pikmin)
  • Pit (Kid Icarus)

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Huh, glad to see this game is still running! While I haven't really been active on Smashboards lately, I would love to play this game again and defend my title as champion! Third place champion, but I digress.

However, if I don't have my roster in by the deadline, please just start without me. ;)

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Characters:
Mario (Super Mario)
Bowser (Super Mario)
Yoshi (Yoshi's Island)
Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
Link (The Legend of Zelda)
Kirby (Kirby)
Samus (Metroid)
Fox (Starfox)
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Marth (Fire Emblem)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Pikachu (Pokémon)
Ness (Earthbound)
R.O.B (Gyromite?)

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

Explanation:
Original 8 - Self-explanatory
Captain Falcon - It would be a sin not to include him.
Villager - Animal Crossing has proven itself to be a very iconic and popular Nintendo series.
Robin - I wanted to add some kind of FE character, and while Marth is the original, Robin felt like a better choice. He represents an extremely popular and recent FE game, AND represents both the magic and weaponry in the games.
Bowser - Villain, additional Mario representation, iconic.
Olimar - While I was hesitant to include him, he does have a unique moveset, is from a relatively popular series, and is relevant.
Pit - Along with Olimar, I was hesitant to include him, but given his popularity in Smash, and his recent surge of importance, it felt right.
Duck Hunt - I wanted to include a retro character, and some kind of wtf character. Duck Hunt fits the bill for both, and is extremely iconic.

kylexv

Smash Master
I'm back and ready for action.

Characters: 15
Series: 14 (Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Game & Watch, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Pikmin)

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

Characters:
  • Mario (Super Mario)
  • Luigi (Super Mario)
  • Yoshi (Yoshi's Island)
  • Link (Legend of Zelda)
  • Marth (Fire Emblem)
  • Pit (Kid Icarus)
  • Kirby (Kirby)
  • Olimar (Pikmin)
  • Ness (Earthbound)
  • Pikachu (Pokemon)
  • Samus (Metroid)
  • Fox (Star Fox)
  • Mr. Game and Watch (Game and Watch)

E=Mewtwenty2

Smash Cadet
Finally have my roster ready.

Super Mario series: Mario, Bowser
Pokémon series: Pikachu, Mewtwo
Legend of Zelda series: Link
Donkey Kong series: DK
Kirby series: Kirby
Metroid series: Samus
Yoshi series: Yoshi
Star Fox series: Fox
Wario series: Wario
Animal Crossing series: Villager
Pikmin series: Olimar
F-Zero series: Captain Falcon
Fire Emblem series: Marth

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Finally have my roster ready.

Legend of Zelda series: Link
Pikmin series: Olimar
You should make this in roster maker man.. makes it easier for everyone.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
You should make this in roster maker man.. makes it easier for everyone.
While the Roster Maker is much more eye appealing, I don't want anyone to feel unable to play just because they don't have/ are unable to use the Roster Maker. And since his roster isn't really an eye sore either, it is fine by me.

Anyways, voting will officially start tomorrow, meaning all spots for this game are CLOSED. If anyone wants a que for the next game, feel free. Although, I should announce that voting will take place inside PMs rather than on a different site, mostly to prevent anyone but me from seeing the results, thus making things more suspenseful. This means that no one is allowed to post who they voted for in this thread. This also means that if anyone who is not playing wishes to vote, they must post in this thread that they would like to vote, or create a PM so you can vote.

:094:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
The voting is finally over! Let's announce the results, shall we?
@ kylexv kylexv had the most votes with three, with @ E=Mewtwenty2 E=Mewtwenty2 having the second most, with two.
REASONS FOR EACH VOTE:
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod voted for @ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma de to: "Too many Marioverse characters + lacking Ness."
E=Mewtwenty2 voted for kylexv due to: "Lack of a second Pokémon character, Peach over Bowser, and having Pit too early."
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus voted for kylexv due to: "Peach as the second Mario character."
@ Pokechu Pokechu voted for E=Mewtwenty2 due to: "Having a second Pokémon character, having Bowser and Wario, and lacking Pit."
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club voted for E=Mewtwenty2 due to: "Too many Marioverse characters."
@ Chase Chase voted for The Light Music Club due to: "Lacking variety."
M.P. voted for kylexv due to: "Looking the least appealing."
kylexv voted for GreenReaperGod due to: "Lacking variety"

Sorry kyle, but it looks like Lady Luck wasn't shining down on you this round. With that out of the way, let's start on the next round! No special rules, just add five characters to your roster! Rosters are due by Monday. Good luck!

My new roster:

Newcomers and reasonings:
- Ness (EarthBound): For GreenReaperGod Added because he is unique character and staple in Smash, and he was going to be in my original roster instead of Bowser, but then the roster would've been identical to Chase's roster, so I had to change it.
- Lucario (Pokemon): I wanted to add a second Pokemon character and I felt it shouldn't be from Gen 1, and Lucario is more iconic than Greninja.
- Zelda (The Legend of Zelda): I also wanted to add a second Zelda rep, and I chose Zelda over Ganondorf due to lack of females in my roster.
- King Dedede (Kirby): I was torn whether to give Kirby or DK a second rep (either Dedede or Diddy), and I chose Dedede due to Diddy could be viewed as "another Marioverse character" (I didn't add Luigi for the same reason) and I already had five, I chose Dedede over MK because he is more iconic and more important in Kirby series than him.
- Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch): I wanted to include a retro rep, and I chose Mr. Game & Watch, due Game & Watch era's importance to Nintendo and him being a staple in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

I wanted some bad guys and thought Pokemon and Zelda need 2 each.

Newcomers:
Wario
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Little Mac
Mr. Game and Watch

Series:
Mario
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Pokemon
Zelda
Kirby
Metriod
Starfox
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Animal Crossing
Earthbound/Mother
Fire Emblem
Pikmin

WarioWare
Game and Watch
Punch Out!

E=Mewtwenty2

Smash Cadet
Legend of Zelda series: Link, Zelda
EarthBound series: Ness
Splatoon series: Inkling
Kid Icarus series: Pit
Game + Watch series: Mr. Game + Watch

Chase

Smash Ace

• Luigi (Luigi's Mansion/Mario)
  • Mr. Game and Watch (Game and Watch)
  • Mewtwo (Pokémon)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)
  • Shulk (Xenoblade)
  • ON THE DOCKET: Zelda, DIddy Kong, Dedede, Chibi-Robo, Inkling, Marshal
  • SERIES: 20

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
whoah im a bit late with this but at least it's monday

imgur not working for me :x

Newcomers:
Wario (Wario)
Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
Charizard (Pokémon)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Captain Falcon (F-Zero)

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

Newcomers:
  • Bowser (Super Mario)
  • Zelda (Legend of Zelda)
  • Shulk (Xenoblade)
  • Jigglypuff (Pokemon)
Series (16):
  • Super Mario
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Donkey Kong
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kid Icarus
  • Xenoblade
  • Pokemon
  • Metroid
  • Star Fox
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby
  • Pikmin
  • Animal Crossing
  • Earthbound
  • Game & Watch

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Sorry guys. For some odd reason I couldn't reply to this thread (and a few others) and I couldn't report this issue. Thankfully, that issue is gone. Anyways, for voting, just use the same PMs I already set up for you guys. Let's see how voting goes this round. Voting will go until Saturday.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Sorry, I thought I said Monday. I'll update this post with the results in a bit.
EDIT: Results are finally up.
This time, @ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod was the unlucky fella, being the only one to get more than one vote against him other than @ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus .
@ E=Mewtwenty2 E=Mewtwenty2 voted for @ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod due to: "having Jigglypuff and Shulk".
@ Pokechu Pokechu voted for @ Chase Chase due to: "having Isaac and Shulk and lacking a second Zelda character".
@ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma voted for Golden Icarus due to: "having Robin over Marth."
Chase voted for GreenReaperGod due to: "having Jigglypuff".
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club voted for GreenReaperGod due to: "having three Mario characters".
Sorry this took so long to update. IRL issues kept wasting my time. Anyways, special rules this round! You can only add five characters from series you already have represented currently. Good luck! Oh, and rosters are due by Thursday!

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
It's been 3 hours... it's almost not even Monday anymore. (for me at least, it's 9 PM) :/

how long is "a bit" qq

you were just on 25 minutes ago... but i am just impatient overall -shrug-

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
Text roster this time, as I'm away.

Mario
Luigi
Bowser (NEW!)
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong (NEW!)
Wario
Link
Zelda (NEW!)
Samus
Pit
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Lucario (NEW!)
Marth
Olimar
Villager
Kirby
Dedede (NEW!)
Fox
Ness
Isaac
Shulk

Newcomers are Bowser, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Lucario, and Dedede

Characters on deck: Chibi-Robo, Marshal, Inkling, Robin, Ridley

Newcomers and reasonings
- Luigi (Mario): Should be obvious, was left out from previous roster to avoid having too much Marioverse characters.
- Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong): DK is one of Nintendo's biggest series, and I was considering adding Diddy to previous roster, but added Dedede instead to avoid having too much Marioverse.
- Ganondorf (Zelda): The obvious choice for third Zelda rep, also I wanted to have more villains in my roster.
- Mewtwo (Pokemon): Popular Pokemon, and a villain.
- Robin (Fire Emblem): Probably my hardest choice yet, I was hard to choose should I add a second character to Metroid, Fire Emblem or Star Fox. I chose Fire Emblem due to having most options of the three, and I chose Robin for two reasons: 1. He has a female alt, and I don't have much females in my roster and 2. Not being "another ordinary swordfighter".

Last edited:

E=Mewtwenty2

Smash Cadet
Super Mario series: Mario, Bowser, Peach
Pokémon series: Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario
Legend of Zelda series: Link, Zelda
Donkey Kong series: DK, Diddy
Kirby series: Kirby, King Dedede
Metroid series: Samus, Ridley
EarthBound series: Ness
Splatoon series: Inkling
Kid Icarus series: Pit
Game + Watch series: Mr. Game + Watch

REASONINGS:
Peach: Honestly,not having three Mario characters at this point would be crazy. I was torn between her and Luigi, but since most rosters have the fighting machine already, I went for the damsel.
Lucario: Solely because I couldn't think of any other series to give another character to. I chose him over Charizard and Meowth to avoid getting voted for "overrepresenting Gen 1".
Diddy: I figured it was time for DK to get another character.
King Dedede: See Diddy, but replace DK with Kirby.
Ridley: Here's where things got tricky. I wasn't sure if I should throw in Ganondorf or not, and it is certainly too early for Yoshi, Star Fox, or any other series another character. Thus, Ridley was the only option.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Well, it is past Thursday, and @ Pokechu Pokechu has yet to post their roster, so that means they've been officially eliminated. Voting will go as usual: use the PMs I gave you to vote. Voting goes until Sunday.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oh the deadline was thursday? shoot i had my roster in the roster maker but it crashed

thought it said friday too..

sigh -shrug- oh well.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Well, hardly anyone decided to vote this time. Here's the votes that did surface though.
This time, @ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus got the boot. He was the only one to get more than one vote on him.
@ E=Mewtwenty2 E=Mewtwenty2 voted for Golden Icarus due to: "having Marth and Robin."
@ Mew N' Sunset Shimmer Mew N' Sunset Shimmer voted for Golden Icarus due to: "having Mewtwo over more deserving Pokémon."
@ Chase Chase voted for E=Mewtwenty2 due to: "having Inkling."
@ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma voted for @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club due to: "lacking any non-Gen 1 Pokémon and for only having one female character."
I guess it's true what they say. All that glitters really isn't gold. Sorry Golden Icarus, but the gold rush is over for you. Anyhoo, next round will be a regular round: five new characters and no special rules. Rosters are due by Wednesday!

Top Bottom