• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I never had any skill so I just picked Bowser in the piranha prowler and just smashed everyone. I even used automatic when I did this, that's how simplistic my strategy was.

Catching a draft and smashing through a cluster of players as if you're parting the Red Sea is more satisfying than coming first.

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Lololol, talk about trolling like it was a counter strike online match.

And I'm using diddy too good. Sincerely, I can't seem to stand heavy and light weight characters, and I especially dislike using daisy and funky.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131

Except at the beginning of Rainbow Road... That thing is freakin stupid. I get pushed off there 9 times out of 10.

Same happens to me here.

I could probably represent the lightweights if I ACTUALLY got warnings from items and was a bit luckier >__>

EvilLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys
Why Don't we have a little fun room? :p
I can host it, if you want me too. XD
Or we can just play WW. Who wants to play? My FC Is 0518-9388-3859

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
So you really never get item warnings no matter what?

:phone:
I only get them like at the very very very very VERY last second so I practically have no time to dodge the item. >_______> :c :(

I'm sure you guys are glad about this happening to me

-Final-

Aria♪
Hey Guys
Why Don't we have a little fun room? :p
I can host it, if you want me too. XD
Or we can just play WW. Who wants to play? My FC Is 0518-9388-3859
Unfortunately, we don't have enough active players to organize something like this on the spot... We usually have events on Sundays, and often do WWs on Fridays, but that's about it.

You can add me if you want to race sometime. My FC is 1032 2184 0298

Speaking of which, I'm on right now if anyone wants to join.

:quill:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
So, I've been thinking of an event to do, and I wanna try something we haven't really tried before.

SO, I was thinking maybe we could try an actual war-type tourney, which is 5v5, or 6v6 depending on the total amount of players. It's basically splitting the sign-ups into two separate teams and having them work together. Skype call and any other form of teamwork would obviously be allowed, but only with those on your team. You can't have any form of communication during the race with anyone on the opposite team.

Or if people are still down for the karts only, or if people just want a normal FFA, that's fine as well.

Just need thoughts and opinions though :3

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm fine with the war thing if Shok is on my team

Edit: really though, it sounds like a good idea. We'd need to avoid stacked teams though.

BSP

Smash Legend
Oh, well Z'z could probably explain it better since he does it. It's not based off of the actual points you get in each event IIRC.

I could be wrong though.

Gatlin

Are you sure you want to? It's not exactly people working for themselves only.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I only count individual points. So if you get the least amount of points of everyone, but your team wins, you still get the least amount of points.

BSP

Smash Legend
But in a team, especially of 6, that totally throws the usual Item events off compared to a FFA

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I can guarantee you that the results individual point wise will be VERY similar to if it was FFA lol.

Gatlin

Not necessarily. If one team gets the shock and every member in their team dodges it'll whack up the scores pretty well. I don't really mind if it's counted for the chart, but scores will for sure have some difference from how someone would perform in a non-team based tourney.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I wish to do WW MKW racing tonight, perhaps starting at 10:45PM CST? That's if my job doesn't keep me forever like last Friday. Is anyone up for it?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Not necessarily. If one team gets the shock and every member in their team dodges it'll whack up the scores pretty well. I don't really mind if it's counted for the chart, but scores will for sure have some difference from how someone would perform in a non-team based tourney.
While this is true, I still can guarantee you that people will place generally how they normally would. 1-2 spots off their norm really doesnt change much at all, its literally like a 5 point difference at max unless, say, Shok takes something like 6th instead of 1st after everything is added up lol.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
If we make the people who generally place bad bag for shock then yah it won't be that different.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
So I watching some 2vs2 vids on YouTube and I think it would be cool to do a 2vs2 touney with brackets and players could do matches anyday of the week.

Plus then people like Mr. Doom could participate.

It would be single elimination. free selection or tracks.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I would love to be in the races tonight :3 Can we play at 8:30 EST instead?
I'm usually at work at that time on weekends, so there won't be any way for me to race.

I do like the idea of racing on the weekdays.

Meh, so much for racing tonight. >_>

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
While this is true, I still can guarantee you that people will place generally how they normally would. 1-2 spots off their norm really doesnt change much at all, its literally like a 5 point difference at max unless, say, Shok takes something like 6th instead of 1st after everything is added up lol.
It's not a typical FFA tourney, it shouldn't count.

I'm interested in the war idea, as long as I'm teamed up with strong people. ;)

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I wanna be on your team peachy :D

Yah I say it should be counted.

Gatlin just make the sign ups. Let's do the war thing not this Sunday though

Top Bottom