• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe SWF Mario Kart Events Thread [Definite Return for Mario Kart 8 :)]

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Lol ok.
I want to make it so shadowcat is able to play(since he's the best no matter what the rankings show).
So shadowcat what time/weekend day works for you?

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
lol havent been on this thread in a week.

Im off this saturday so i could play. but im like mega rusty since i havent touched my 3ds in a while. Did they patch everything yet? :awesome:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
lol havent been on this thread in a week.

Im off this saturday so i could play. but im like mega rusty since i havent touched my 3ds in a while. Did they patch everything yet? :awesome:
It won't be until mid-May when the patch is supposed to be out. Until then, we're still stuck with the glitched tracks.
That shouldn't stop us from not abusing the Maka Wuhu glitches (among other things)... unless that sort of play is allowed.
I'm down to do MK7 tournaments yea, but friendlies and such are cool too. And nah, I'm not a fan of Mario Kart Wii, I do have it but I haven't played it in a long time.
My thoughts exactly.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Generally for MK7 tournaments on here we ban/penalize for the use of the Maka Wuhu glitch.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, that's good. I'm sure you understand when I say how much I don't like when people on WW constantly pick Maka Wuhu solely for that exploit.
I'd only use the Maka Wuhu glitch if I have to now. Unfortunately, you can't predict what your opponents are going to do, so you could end up being the only glitcher of the bunch on some occasions.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'd only use the Maka Wuhu glitch if I have to now. Unfortunately, you can't predict what your opponents are going to do, so you could end up being the only glitcher of the bunch on some occasions.
While that is true, the problem is that almost everyone in WW and in the Real(life) Karts room will glitch Maka Wuhu. Those who don't are either new to the game, or have a misplaced sense of chivalry.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just do the glitch, jesus, I dont see why everyone tries to be all 'chivalrous' by not doing it. So what if it's a glitch, just cuz it wasnt meant to be like that doesnt mean you shouldnt do it. That would be like playing Melee, but saying you'll never wavedash because it's a glitch, or saying if you play a character like Falco in Brawl you'll never chain grab as it wasnt supposed to be in the game. If it's an option, take advantage of it.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Just do the glitch, jesus, I dont see why everyone tries to be all 'chivalrous' by not doing it. So what if it's a glitch, just cuz it wasnt meant to be like that doesnt mean you shouldnt do it. That would be like playing Melee, but saying you'll never wavedash because it's a glitch, or saying if you play a character like Falco in Brawl you'll never chain grab as it wasnt supposed to be in the game. If it's an option, take advantage of it.
Assuming we don't glitch? I glitch the hell out of it, because it comes down to glitch and win, or chivalry and lose, and I sure don't want to lose a race. Of course, glitching will no longer be an issue later this month when Nintendo patches it, so everyone who glitches Maka Wuhu and Wuhu Loop should get their fill until then.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I was more talking to MSG cuz every time ive played with him he opts not to do it.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I'm still gonna do it even when it's patched.

Btw I'm not sure about Saturday long term for mk7. I got a job offer and I could possibly work Saturday(that is if everything works out)

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I don't know yet I'm just saying Im not 100% sure if saturday will guaranty work.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was more talking to MSG cuz every time ive played with him he opts not to do it.
You could say that Real(life) Karts was what baited me into executing Maka Wuhu's glitch. Of course, this did happen some time after you switched back to Mario Kart Wii.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
You could say that Real(life) Karts was what baited me into executing Maka Wuhu's glitch. Of course, this did happen some time after you switched back to Mario Kart Wii.
Yeah, there's a racer named Brendan from Canada who always picks Maka Wuhu. He was in the top 3 of that room for a while. Not sure where he ranks now. All he did was glitch Maka Wuhu over and over. When I finally raced him on a different track, it turns out he's not all that great, making me believe he ranked in the top 3 because of Maka Wuhu.

This glitch sounds worse than Grumble Volcano's in terms of how much it's done >.>
Not only that, it's easy as hell to pull off.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Time will tell. It's no big deal.
Can we get another mkwii tourney going though? :p

Gatlin

I don't think I'll be able to host/play in one if one happens to occur this Sunday. Finals and lack of internet connection for wii/laptop and all that.

:phone:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Can we at least get one planned for the one after that?
Let's do a team tourney since those take a long time to sort out teams.

Gatlin

Can we at least get one planned for the one after that?
Let's do a team tourney since those take a long time to sort out teams.
Okay. I want to wait until air is able to join though since he's missed so many recent ones.

I'm a little nervous doing a team tourney since the last one didn't have the best attendance. Hopefully giving it more time for sign up's will help :x

:phone:

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Some of the dumbest things happen in Mario Kart wii.

I go from getting hit by three blue shells on the last lap to glitching through/over the wall on the boost/warp jump on Rainbow Road after battling back from a gib at the start, to half the pack getting locked in place by a hacker.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, there's a racer named Brendan from Canada who always picks Maka Wuhu. He was in the top 3 of that room for a while. Not sure where he ranks now. All he did was glitch Maka Wuhu over and over. When I finally raced him on a different track, it turns out he's not all that great, making me believe he ranked in the top 3 because of Maka Wuhu.
The points that you earn in a community are not permanent, so that player from Canada is no longer a top 7 player of Real(life) Karts. What does bug me is how he even got over 9000 points, as at most, you can only get up to 40 points per cup, and that's only if there are 8 players participating. And you can only keep your gained points if you finish the whole GP; if you get disconnected, you don't earn anything.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
loose juice doesnt sound like a good thing imo. Makes it sound like your *** is leaking or something.

Top Bottom