• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Ganondorf

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Oh, we're interested.

Some delays, recently, I figure?

Think you'll step your **** up after that Scarborough event? :laugh:

Murder
:034:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Oh, we're interested.

Some delays, recently, I figure?

Think you'll step your **** up after that Scarborough event? :laugh:

Murder
Yeah people haven't done their matches for quite a while now.

I am actually doing/playing alot better ever since that tournament. It got me into a more competitive feeling, where you want to beat your opponent rather than toy with them.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's not a very Ganon-like feeling, Ray >: (

When I play with Ganon I want to toy with them WHILE I beat them (into dust)

@HomE

Smash Ace
GJ Kalm, did you take 3rd? or like 5th?

either way very impressive

*slow clap*

EDIT: Saved Kalm from a triple post
xD

Noobicidal

Smash Master
*takes the role of the seemingly displeased, yet smirking onlooker*

Well, at least you don't have to worry about G-reg now.

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I fought San in a clan war not too long before my wii broke. It was a best 2/3 match, I got 2 stocked with Ganon Vs Ike both times. He's better than Renegade, from my experiences, probably the best Ike on wifi. Nice job Kalm, 4th place is impressive.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Something that really surprised me about those matches was your lack of Dtilt followups at low percentages. Ike is one of those special matches where it's a battle to see who can get the most damage effectively to set up a gimp; alternatively, you could try to just powerhouse him out, but gimping is a lot more effective (you know this lol). What surprised me was that I only saw you Dtilt once or twice in the entire set, and instead you try to chain choke or read for a punish. At lower percentages, it is ALWAYS best to Dtilt (against Ike). It's a free 18% or whatever, and with a good reading ability like yours, I'm sure you could tack on 20+ percent to that, probably knocking him offstage to set up a gimp or at least put on the pressure to get him sweating. After a few kicks, just shield and retreat to reset. Most of the time you just shielded or stood there right away, taking unnecessary damage from his get up attack and putting yourself(a good amount of the time) in a negative situation.

Speaking of followups, do any of you have a hard time buffering a forward tilt? I feel like such a nub cause I can't do it consistently :ohwell:

THAT iDA STAGE SPIKE WAS ALSKDFJAOIM SEX

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, I have no problem buffering, I was just careless after those flame chokes. I never had as much trouble reading my opponents as much as I did against San. He's something different.

TP

Smash Master
Well, I have no problem buffering, I was just careless after those flame chokes. I never had as much trouble reading my opponents as much as I did against San. He's something different.
You shouldn't try to read an Ike in the first place. Amazing getup attack and the longest rolls in the game? I'll take my Dtilt, thanks.

GGs though. SEX iDA SPIKE!

@HomE

Smash Ace
I watched both of these yesterday day, i could tell Kalm wasnt playing his best (Lag) and like Red8 said i was a little shocked at the lack of D-tilt or Jab follow-ups after Gerudo... that first match was yours. With all the power i have around here, I'm calling johns on this and saying Kalm wins the Low tier tourny.. I've seen Kalm play ALOT and that was not his "A" game, rather close to" C+" game IMO. SAN is very good but if this was IRL i would have to give the edge to Kalm...

Gj

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Notice how San never fell for your DAirs.

You should have just started doing ftilts. As in, wait a beat, then ftilt. San always dodged. :ohwell:

'course, san was too good with those jabs. On wifi, jeez. :eek:

In particular, there was one occasion, early in match, where you had a jab from choke -> off the edge, and against Ike? Why wouldn't you take that.

Lol @ the Dash Attack stage spike.

@HomE

Smash Ace
In particular, there was one occasion, early in match, where you had a jab from choke -> off the edge, and against Ike? Why wouldn't you take that.
I REALLLLLY noticed this also, at like 60% you got a Gerudo and could have Jab'd him off the right side of the stage.. But whatevs, like i said before with no lag or IRL Kalm would have not made the mistakes he did..

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
like i said before with no lag or IRL Kalm would have not made the mistakes he did..
You took the words right out of my mouth. As I've said before, the lag was very disturbing, and more so for a character that has to rely on nothing but prediction.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Well as far as the Ftilt goes, I didn't mean you necessarily, just in general. I can't really do it :(

Top Bottom