• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF is OLD

Skler

Smash Master
****ing reddit has the stupidest layout in the universe, I seriously hate reddit and think the site is a huge ADD headache.

****ing facebook is just a terrible site in general and by default is designed so people can find **** out about me I may not want them to know. There's a reason my smash user name is CLEVERLY DISGUISED so people would never be able to guess my real name.

Social media is ****ty and terrible, I go to a site called Smashboards to talk about smash brothers. I don't want to log in to facebook and get bothered by the friends I have who use facebook a lot to talk about smash brothers. I want my dingy, black and grey forum where people won't send me an invite to a party I don't want to go to when I'm trying to talk about Jigglypuff beating up an anthropomorphic Fox.

That being said, I get that some people use it and want to use it to talk about Smash Brothers, so I see no harm in letting there be articles on tournaments that people can comment on using facetweet or whatever and Pin on the Pinddit walls.

Skler

Smash Master
Hey, are we ever going to do anything about this? I still know how to do website things with Javascript and ****, but it would be a billion times easier if we just used a CMS to whip this ***** up.

It's seriously not hard to make a pretty website if MLG actually gives a crap. I'm sure they have a CMS they use for their own site, why not let some smash guy use it to make smashboards look less like it came from 2000.

We could even add rotating .gifs, it would be badass.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, the hard part is even getting something as simple as server access from MLG.

Skler

Smash Master
MLG's abandonment of Smashboards does make improving Smashboards a lot harder without building a site from the ground up.

Which is sad, because I know we have people here who are skilled and motivated enough to make a pretty site if MLG would let them. There's security issues with that I guess, so it'd never work. :(

LLDL

Smash Hero
I just read the OP, but I disagree with forums being an outdated medium and changing to a news type front page. Nobody on shoryuken posts on any tournament threads, ever (exxagerated).

TO's have no idea how big their turnouts are going to be, and it's starting to annoy me. I cannot gauge how big a tournament that I want to attend is going to be by looking at the forum thread, or how many will come to my tournament. The turnouts become word of mouth established things, like Big two or 8 on the break, which is a step back imo.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
AZ, who's no longer with MLG, just bought Smashboards from MLG.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
people may disagree but i can vouch that maybe 10 total ga smashers have used smashboards for actual smash stuff in the past few months- everyone uses facebook.

every smasher i have active contact with has heard of tournaments purely via facebook contact in an event invite or wallpost.

we've had 10 new players show up from nowhere in the past month who have never heard of swf. we tell tehm go to swf and they don't because it's a forum l0l just use facebook pls

hell i haven't been here in a month or someting because i'm actually playing smash and discussing it on facebook

Top Bottom