• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Browny

Smash Hater
Lucas -1
Megaman -1
Ganondorf -1
Roy +1
Little Mac +1

Updated :)

For this round and other rounds where too many characters bunch up in a tier, I add a gap between the tiers. This way on the next round of voting those gaps will fill up and spread this list out.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Link dropped even more than Lucas O.O

And I guess the next vote round starts automatically, so:

:4miibrawl:+1
:4shulk:+1
:4ganondorf:+1
:4lucario:+1
:4kirby: -1

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1: :4sheik::rosalina::4pikachu::4ness:

2: GAP

3: :4luigi::4zss::4sonic::4yoshi::4fox::4falcon::4kirby::4mario::4pacman::4feroy::4ryu:

4: GAP

5: :4diddy::4lucas::4megaman::4wario::4peach::4metaknight::4rob::4villager::4greninja::4olimar::4pit::4shulk::4tlink::4lucario::4falco::4miibrawl::4robinf::4myfriends::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4gaw::4wiifit:

6: GAP

7::4marth::4ganondorf::4link::4mewtwo::4jigglypuff::4miisword::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4drmario::4littlemac::4lucina::4miigun::4palutena::4samus::4zelda:

:4drmario: + 1 Criminally underrated.
:4sonic: - 1 I think he's a bit too high
:4kirby: - 1 Same as with Sonic, solid character but not as good as the likes of Luigi or Fox.
:4jigglypuff: + 1 Not the best, but certainly not among the absolute worst.
:4diddy: +1 He can go up a bit higher than this.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
+1:4bowserjr:: Bottom tier? Top kek.
+1:4diddy:: Not exactly the monster threat he once was, but his neutral game is still absolutely dominating and the tier above him would be a perfect fit for Diddy in his current state.
-1:4ness:: Just because he's the easiest character to pick up and play shots fired! doesn't mean that he's among Sheik, Pikachu, and Rosalina in terms of tournament viability.
+1:4charizard:: The buffs he got to his throws and Fair make a big difference for this big guy and will (hopefully) be what keep him out of bottom tier.
-1:4kirby:: He's good, but what the heck's he doing there?
Also, I like how only three heavyweight characters are out of bottom tier.

Browny

Smash Hater
I am sensing a trend here with your posts

Link dropped even more than Lucas O.O
This is why I added the gaps, since with too many characters per tier, some characters drop far more that it seems. Lucas was equal rank 2 along with everyone else, despite him being near the bottom of the rank so when he went down a tier it looked like he didn't drop too far. Link on the other hand was quite high up on tier 3, so when he dropped down one, it seemed like a big fall.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I am sensing a trend here with your posts

This is why I added the gaps, since with too many characters per tier, some characters drop far more that it seems. Lucas was equal rank 2 along with everyone else, despite him being near the bottom of the rank so when he went down a tier it looked like he dropped a long way. Link on the other hand was quite high up on tier 3, so when he dropped down one, it seemed like a big fall.
UGHHHH FINE ILL CHANGE IT UP

:4peach::4zelda::4wiifit::4lucina::4drmario::substitute::secretkpop:+1

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:4littlemac:+1 Mac is a monster on the ground to the point where aerial game doesn't even matter.

:4kirby: +1 I'm an advocate of Kirby's placing, so I'm changing my vote a bit to help him out.

:4peach:+1 One of a hardest characters to learn, but once you get the floats cancelling down, she's just one huge hitbox.

:4rob:+1 Incredibly dangerous upclose and far away, ROB is just scary no matter where he is.

:4dedede:+1 I'm a D3 main, so bias. But when I hear everyone say Bowser and Charizard aren't bad and they need to move up, it's ridiculous they don't add D3 to the list. The ignorance is actually a little irritating. IMO, he's the best heavy, maybe only beaten by Bowser for lack of better MUs. He's a trap master and has some of the best offstage tricks in the game.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
+100 (-99 though because it has to be 1):4kirby: This is why Kirby needs more representation, and needs to win EVO. Srrsly. He's GOOD where he is, in fact GREAT. This is EXACTATLY where I want him. It's PERFECT. GREAT air attacks, GREAT Up tilt, great comboing, Good Smashes, can use other's Neutral special (THIS IS ALSO THE MONADO POWER) Fairly good recovery, I THINK (Not sure), good recovery, good Jab. And out of 8 votes, FOUR voted him down? WHAT????????? That's like saying Barak Obama Isn't a part of the goverment, AND HE'S THE PRESIDENT!!!!! One of these days, I'm gonna makeone of those Physcho-20-Paragraph-Essays on why he's top tier, but for right now..... Ok, sorry for the rage.

-1:4ness:Lol defitenenly not top 4

+1:4jigglypuff:She's actually a good character, ahe has GREAT air attacks, and specials, and GREAT comboing, how is she that bad?

+1:4diddy:Actually is still top tier, why so low? Every move BUT up air is still good.

+1:4dedede: Way underated, he has some good attacks.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
:4kirby: +1: Not this good but jesus christ hes gonna get downvoted.
:4metaknight: +1: Needs a higher placing, really good character.
:4diddy: +1: Still at least high tier.
:4miibrawl: +1: ^
:4jigglypuff: -1: Not a good character, and Jigglypuff is gonna skyrocket up after this period.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
+Lucas
+Lucario
+Kirby (mainly to offset the downvotes, I think he's about where he should be and I have a feeling he's gonna get moved a lot)
+Diddy (I think he's a little low now)
-Ness

kylexv

Smash Master
:4kirby: -1: Kirby is definitely not High Tier.
:4wario: +1: Could be a little higher.
:4bowser: +1: Is not Low Tier.
:4bowserjr: +1: Also isn't Low Tier.
:4shulk: +1: Why do people put him so low?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
+1:4mario: Why in the blue hell is Kirby higher than Mario?
+1:4jigglypuff: Still disturbingly underrated
+1 :4myfriends:1.0.8 did him wonders.
+1:4drmario: See Jigglypuff
-1:4ness: I doubt with every inch of my being that he's the third best in the game.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Here's the 20 paragprah Physcho thing ai mentioned earlier. Hope you enjoy.

Hello everyone. Welcome to this 10-Paragraph-Holy-Crap-You're-Pyscho-20-Paragraphs-Wow-Thing. Now 2% of you probably left. Anyway, this is about Kirby, and how he really is in this game. 88% just left the post. Anyway, I'm probably gonna get hate for this, and probably no one will listen to me, but in case you do, than this is how Kirby truly is. A top tier (There goes the 10%). But please listen. Anyway, here it is.

Once, there was a game called Super smash bros. It was created Nintendo, and it crossed over muitiple nintendo series charcters. Mario was one. Link was another. Pikachu is another. Donkey Kong, Fox, Samus, Ness, Marth, Captain Falcon, Pit and many more as well. Another is Kirby. Kirby was a top tier in SSB64, low tier in SSBM, and middle tier in SSBB. And a top tier in SSB4. But no one knew.

The first thing I'll say is Throws. They are amazing. His down throw is a good combo starter. His back throw and Up throw are great at KOing, and he has one of the best and fastest Pummels in the game. All of them rack up damage and half of the, have great KO Power, and another one is great for comboing. Only one is useless. That is rare in this game. Kirby is differant. They are an essential part of his metagame and are greatly good.

Another great thing about Kirby is his air combat. NONE of his air attacks are useless. You will be n the air a lot as Kirby. His neutral air is good for comboing, and has good KO Power. It is a good Combo starter.However, it has ending lag and startup. It's only for combo starting, I should mention. His up air has GREAT KO power, and is good to end a combo. His down air is great for starting a combo,and using an up tilt on the opponent. It also can do a lot of damage. His forward air is good for comboing, and getting damage on an opponent. It also has good KOing power. His back air has NO Startup, starting VERY quickly. When you hit with it, it has AMAZING KO power. It has a GREAT chance of killing. It is a GREAT move. Kirby has one of the best air games.

He has good tilts, as well. His side tilt... Isn't impressive. I guess it could be used to get an opponet away from you. His down tilt can trip opponents and is good for edgeguarding, and to make things not predictable. But most important is his up tilt. It is GREAT for comboing, and is a perfect move. it has good damage, can start combos, or keep it going after a down air. It has good damage can sometimes KO, Start an up air, or....... Just do anything, I guess.

And, speaking of comboing, he is GREAT at comboing. He can start a combo from down air, neutral air, a throw (Mainly down), or an up tilt. And they're all really good at doing a combo, which can end with a KO move and do a lot of damage during the combo. His combos can also finish with his Final Cutter custom (3 I think, don't remember what number. It's the one that cuts once, then leaves you helpless as you fall down).

Those are his great strengths. Except for one thing - I'll Mention that later. For now.....

I want to mention everything in this, so I'll mention Jab now. His Jab is a jab locking type. And it's really good; You can't escape it until you get out of range, which takes long enough to get the final hit on the opponent. It also does a great amount of damage.I know it's great on For Glory, but IDK anywhere else, I assume it's good. His dash attack seems good too on for glory, but either way, it has good damage, some (but still little) KO Power. That's it. Amazing right? Not.

His Smashes are pretty good, too, but not as good as his Up tilt, Up B Custom, Air attacks, throws or comboing. Better than jab and dash attack too, I just mentioned them because I want to mention every attack. Now, IDK how his up smash is. I honestly don't know what it is tbh. Yup, I don't know my own main's up smash. Yay. I should start joining tournaments, I'd win. No, serisualy, moving on, So I'm guessing it's bad. His down smash is good for gimping, and has some good KO power. His best one, however, is his forward smash. It's a great attack. GREAT KO Power, A lot of damage, and equal range to other characters (Lol that's supposed to be good for Kirby, more of that later.)

He also has good specials. His Hammer (Side-B) Has GREAT KO power, GREAT damage.... and both endlag and startup. Yeah..... I did say his specials are only good. There is a hammer custom that helps this, but it still has some startup, and can't be charged. Oh yeah, there's a risk with charging a hammer (It most likely will make you miss and make you lose a ton of damage while walking it around, since it damages yourself when fully charged and still being held). His Stone move is good for getting back onto the ground....... but that's for glory. OTHERWISE, It can KO VERY well if you time its usage correctly. Although it's rare. Final Cutter is fairly good for recovery (Well vertical, but recovery will be mentioned later), and can sometimes be used for KOing. However his Up-B Custom (The one that does one hit up, and sends you down helpless) is a GREAT finisher and has great KO power.

There is one I didn't mention yet. Inhale. Amazing without customs, thrice great with. Without customs, He stands in place opens his mouth, and eats a character. If you hit B again to spit him out (A spits an opponent out. Only do that on walf-offs, oh wait,everyone hates walf-offs), Try to use it again. It's somebody else's Neutral Special. For example, if you inhale me, You turn into a physcho, like me right now. Normal, then Physcho now. ANYWAY.......... You can use the other's neutral special. It's useless sometimes, Great others. Now customs is thrice better, because some characters aren't worth Inhaling. His second custom is called Ice Breath. Freezes an opponent instead of copying their abilitys. Good for characters like Bowser Jr. and Jigglypuff, where neutral specials aren't good. Freezing is a great power to have. Another greast Power is stealing good neutral specials. If they have a GOOD neutral special *cough* shulk *cough* fox *cough* then The Jumping inhale is good, same as inhale, but you jump after it, giving you more recovery, and making Kirbycides ten times easier (P.S. It still won't work) More recovery is always good.

Speaking of recovery, it's pretty good without customs. Six Jumps, and a Final Cutter, not that good Not that good vertictially, but great horzintatly, although not Jigglypuff-like, since Kirby has less air speed. He gets a new recovery option for horzintatel with Jumping Inhale with customs, though, and his vertictial recovery is higher with up special custom I mentioned muitiple times but don't know the name of number of. With customs, he has great recovery.

Also, each character has start-up and end lag. Honestly, half of his moves have startup and/or ending lag, and the rest don't. I mentioned it if the lag is bad, and mean something. That can't have its own paragraph. So i'll say his speed too. Not that good. Not bad. Not good. For the ground at least. I don't know how his air speed compares to everyone else. But I do know his ground speed is average.

Also, his matchup spread. It's..... GREAT!!!! He has an even matchup aganist Sheik and Fox, Advantageous matchups aganist Rosalina and Zero Suit Samus, some even saying Kirby's one of Zero Suit Samus's worst matchups. Middle tiers never have matchups like that. Which is proof. That Kirby is good.

However, each character has a weakness, except for the very best. Kirby's is range. His range is terrible. A LOT of his moves have bad range, and the ones that don't still are only average or slightly good. He also can have trouble starting combos too occasionally due to this. But honestly. This is the only. only. only. ONLY. ONLY REASON. that people think he's middle tier. But that isn't bad enough to warrant that. He'd need way more weaknesses than that. Much more. Look at videos. He does fine, still, customs or no customs. Yet, only three people use him in major tournaments. He is HORRIBLY under-Representated and underated. A top tier - and almost never used. Zero even said Kirby is potentionally top tier with customs, but can't place him there in his tier list because of low representation. Wow. Is he that underated to the point where Zero can't place him to his potentntial? Yup. He is.

Once upon a time, there was a character named Yoshi in SSB64. It was around 2012. Yoshi was a middle tier. He was perfect in his spot. One would say "Yoshi's a high tier, like Fox and Captain Falcon". Everyone laughed. They considered it a joke. How stupid would that be? Now, everyone agrees with that statement. Yoshi's almost good, or even better for some people, than Fox.

Once upon a time, there was a character named Jigglypuff in SSBM. She was a high-middle tier. One could say "Jigglypuff's a top tier!!!!!!!! He has GREAT air combat!!!!!!!!!" Everyone would laugh. They'd think it' a joke. The Smash Back Room even made an april fools joke tier list. Jigglypuff's #2. Everyone laughed and joked about that. "She doesn't rule the air! She's a high middle tier." Everyone agrees that Jigglypuff is top tier now. It's now common sense.

Once upon a time, there was a character named Luigi in SSB4. He, at first, was considered one of the worst characters in the game. "Luigi's top tier!!!!" one could say. Everyone would laugh. They'd consider it a joke. Now, everyone think's Luigi's top tier. Sme people even think he's top 3.

Once upon a time, there was a character named Olimar. In both Brawl and Smash 4, he was considered low. Lower-middle in Brawl. The worst in 4. The idea of Olimar being good would be a complete joke. Now, what they originally were is a joke. Everyone agrees Olimar is at least Upper-middle in Smash 4, and top tier in Brawl.

Once upon a time, there was a character named Zero Suit Samus in SSBB. Everyone expected Meta Knight or Snake to win the upcoming Apex. Zero Suit Samus. Good representation gave her a win, and made her a top tier.

Kirby has something with common with them. He's understimated. Any one of those could happen. Anyone could win a tournament..... if you put the heart into it. Just because they have not shown their potentntial...... it doesn't mean they're bad. Kirby is great, and I know he's top tier. And he will be...... is he wasn't underated.

Also, this isn't rage

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Kirby +1(Underatted and so many downvotes)
Villager +1(imo Top Tier now with the Diddy nerfs)
Shulk +1(There are other characters who I think should be in 4, but I will start with Shulk because he has great potential and just needs more rep)
Greninja +1(Same reason above and I think he is high tier.)
Pit +1(What is Pit doing down there. He is easily three now with the gaps)

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
:4kirby:+1 Hes underrated, but man he is very good.
:4peach:+1 She is very technical, but she is fantastic when used at her fullest potential.
:4villager:+1 surprised hes this low.
:4zelda:+1 ok seriously what is wrong with people? I would give like +5 or 10 if that were allowed -.-
:4pacman:-1

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
:4myfriends:+1. Definitely belongs in the top 20-25 after these buffs.
:4feroy:-1. Sorry, I'm not seeing top 15. I'll wait to see AFTER the hype has died down.
:4miibrawl:+1. This thing could easily make top 10.
:4link:+1. Bottom? No, Link is solid after these buffs.
:4metaknight:+1. Has definitely become a good character after all these patches.

Greek Greninja

Smash Cadet
-1 :4feroy: (solid mid-tier imo)
+1 :4ness: (to offset the downvotes)
+1 :4link: (should be on par with Robin, at least)
+1 :4diddy: (still low high tier, he's not THAT bad)
-1 :4gaw: (not one of the worst, but in this list should be in the bottom tier with the other 15 worst characters.

Last edited:

A_Kae

Smash Ace
-1 Roy -:4feroy:- Not as good as people seem to think, not bad either though
-1 Robin -:4robinm:- Same as Roy imo
+1 Zero Suit Samus -:4zss:- Very, very good. Top 5 for sure, if not better.
+1 Marth -:4marth:- Much improved after the patches
+1 Diddy Kong -:4diddy:- Patches were bad for diddy, just not that bad.

Top Bottom