• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Lol I friendliy Jiggly a lot, he knows about Kirby's potential :p

Kirby isn't top tier. He lacks too much in the current meta. I'm not saying he is bad (probably mid/high-mid), but his lack of approach options, range, weight, and just simple underrepresentation is enough to keep him from the top spots. I honestly think Kirby is better than Jigglypuff, but top to bottom tier difference (where it looks like it will be going) is too much.
I wasn't counting underrepresentation. Also, He has the right tools, he just isn't used to his full potenttnial. Even ZeRo thinks that Kirby could be top tier if he was representated more. If more people used him to his best, he would be top tier, Ah, if only he made it to top 8 at EVO *Sigh* guess I'll have to keep dreaming....

Also, to voters, customs are being considered for this tier list. Just bringing it out in case people don' know (Not diected toward anyone)

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I wasn't counting underrepresentation. Also, He has the right tools, he just isn't used to his full potenttnial. Even ZeRo thinks that Kirby could be top tier if he was representated more. If more people used him to his best, he would be top tier, Ah, if only he made it to top 8 at EVO *Sigh* guess I'll have to keep dreaming....

Also, to voters, customs are being considered for this tier list. Just bringing it out in case people don' know (Not diected toward anyone)
ZeRo also thought Jigglypuff was high tier at one point. jssssss

He has good tools, especially with customs, but he has too many shortcomings to be top tier. I will agree on a good high tier placement with customs, though.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
how often can we vote? also does this list assume customs are on or off? Regardless, heres what i think.

+1 pacman
+1 little mac
+1 yoshi
-1 ryu
-1 link

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
how often can we vote? also does this list assume customs are on or off? Regardless, heres what i think.

+1 pacman
+1 little mac
+1 yoshi
+1 olimar
-1 roy
-1 ryu
-1 lucas
-1 link
-1 cpt falcon
-1 DDD
-1 mewtwo
You can only vote for five characters. If it isn't changed, the first five characters from top to bottom will be used, and the rest ignored

D

Deleted member 269706

Ike is all over the place haha. We was basically top tier last voting session, and now he's bottom tier. He's just gonna be that character who is always jumping up and down while everyone else is barely moving at all. It's gonna be a challenge to find where he actually belongs...a lot of people really underestimate him, and a lot of people overestimate him a bit.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
You can only vote for five characters. If it isn't changed, the first five characters from top to bottom will be used, and the rest ignored
ahh okay, i fixed it, when is the next time i can vote again? and also do we consider customs in our votes?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
ahh okay, i fixed it, when is the next time i can vote again? and also do we consider customs in our votes?
Yes, we consider customs.Which means characters like :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4ganondorf::4palutena::4wiifit::4dk::4kirby: Etc can be placed higher.

You can vote again when the list changes and Browny says "Updated"

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Okay, so here's a list of the danger characters (Red or Orange tier as I'll call them), who are close to getting up or down 10. The List is:

Orange (6/7):
:4sonic: (Up)
:4yoshi: (Up)

Red (8/9)
:4pacman: (Up)
:4tlink: (Up)
:4diddy: (Up)
:4wiifit: (Down)

Black (After 10):
:4myfriends: (Up)
:4luigi: (Up)

If you want me to post who is about to go up in Green, and who's about to go down as Blue, tell me, and I'll do that. But I won't that yet, as danger is more important.

Last edited:

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so here's a list of the danger characters (Red or Orange tier as I'll call them), who are close to getting up or down 10. The List is:

[snip]

If you want me to post who is about to go up in Green, and who's about to go down as Blue, tell me, and I'll do that. But I won't that yet, as danger is more important.
Diddy? UP? They nerfed him bad... he's not a bad character at all, but he's never going to be top tier again. I agree with your other choices though.

Also, I'm not sure if we should vote on DLCs other than Mewtwo now. They've been out for less than a month. In fact, EVO 2015 will have the trio banned for being released too soon before the tournament (which is about mid-July, according to the SSB Wiki).

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Diddy? UP? They nerfed him bad... he's not a bad character at all, but he's never going to be top tier again. I agree with your other choices though.

Also, I'm not sure if we should vote on DLCs other than Mewtwo now. They've been out for less than a month. In fact, EVO 2015 will have the trio banned for being released too soon before the tournament (which is about mid-July, according to the SSB Wiki).
Nowhere was it stated that this is what Winter thought should happen, it just says that those are the characters close to +/- 10 which moves characters up/down two tiers.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
:4tlink:+1 (waaayyyyyy too low)
:4ness:-1 (those MUs in row 2 aren't that good for him)
:4jigglypuff:-1 (unless I see more from this puff, she shouldn't be considered in the row that she's in)
:4ganondorf:+1 (He does better than most heavyweights and can easily destroy them)
:4darkpit:+1 (Pit & Dark Pit should stick together imo)

F

FennerGuy1992

+2 :4yoshi: (good matchups for him. He deserves to be an S-tier character)
+1 :4peach: (She's too low on the tier list, and her best matchups are Little Mac, King Dedede and Ryu...as long as you keep using her forward B and neutral B)
+1 :4sonic:
-1:4shulk: (he's too high. He kind of had a poor match with Peach imo)
-1 :4littlemac:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion

Those aren'y my votes. Those are other's. I agree with you on him. And I agre with your sig

Merkabo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Merkabo
3DS FC
2895-8009-7813
+1 Luigi
+1 Diddy (slight nerfs to all of his moves isn't going to change the way he plays)
+1 Yoshi
+1 Lucas
+1 Tool Link (Too low)

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion

Orange (6/7):
:4peach: (Down)

Red (8/9)
:4luigi: (Red)

Black (After 10):
:4myfriends:

This will be updated for the rest of this voting period. This will also come back next voting period, too

Merkabo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Merkabo
3DS FC
2895-8009-7813
Not necessarily, but it doesn't mean he low high tier or upper mid tier either.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I of confuse now? Are we doing customs on or off?

I thought it was customs off, but there's conflicting statements now. :confused:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I am going to wait until after Evo until we figure out if we are doing customs or not.

As much as I love the idea of custom moves, it seems like every week people are discovering a new broken combo with it. Im talking about mii brawlers chaingrab into helicopter kick, pikachus infinite and who knows how far some people are willing to take kong cyclone or dr marios broken as hell custom upb.

If Evo literally becomes brawler vs pikachu then things might change.
The Answer:Not even Browny knows.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion

Orange (6/7):
:4peach: (Down)
:4yoshi: (Up)

Red (8/9)

Black (After 10):
:4myfriends: (Up)
:4luigi: (Up)

LUIGI IS NOW BLACK, I REPEAT, LUIGI IS NOW BLACK

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Minus 1 to Ike: :4myfriends:
Minus 1 to Luigi: :4luigi:
Plus 1 to Meta Knight: :4metaknight:
Minus 1 to Zero Suit: :4zss:
Minus 1 to Toon Link: :4tlink:

Last edited:

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Okay maybe I'm just misunderstanding how this works, but Watermelon43 keeps saying Ike won't move anywhere if he keeps getting +1s, but in the OP Ike is 2nd from the bottom. I'm confused? I thought we +1 if we think a character should move up and -1 if a character should move down. Could someone clarify for me please?

bruna

Smash Rookie
+1 peach
-1 wii fit trainer
+1 diddy kong
+1 zero suit samus
-1 villager

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Okay maybe I'm just misunderstanding how this works, but Watermelon43 keeps saying Ike won't move anywhere if he keeps getting +1s, but in the OP Ike is 2nd from the bottom. I'm confused? I thought we +1 if we think a character should move up and -1 if a character should move down. Could someone clarify for me please?
Well, if he gets 10 up votes or more, he goes up two tiers. So, He'll be back to where he was before. This will make people down vite him. This creates an endless chain

Top Bottom