• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF College Outreach: Atlantic North Chapter ~Last Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

trogita

Smash Apprentice
What college/university do you go to? University of Virginia

What state is this school in? Virginia lol

Are you currently enrolled, graduated, or starting soon? Enrolled

If you have not yet graduated, what year do you plan to graduate? If you have graduated, what year was it in? 2012

Does your school have a specific Smash organization? If not, is there a similar club like an Anime or Video games club where many members share an interest in Smash? What is the name of this organization? No Smash organization, but there are Anime/video game clubs. The "Gamers Club" is rather big, but not much Melee interest overall.

Do you hold an office position (such as President, Vice President, Treasurer, etc) in such organization? No.
Yes! Another UVA smasher, and you seem interested in Melee.

I'm in the class of 2013, we should definitely play when the fall semester starts.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
What college/university do you go to?
I'll be going to Kutztown University.

What state is this school in?
Pennsylvania.

Are you currently enrolled, graduated, or starting soon?
Starting soon. Moving in on August 28th.

If you have not yet graduated, what year do you plan to graduate? If you have graduated, what year was it in?
I will be graduating in 2014, but I believe I'm setting myself up for at least a masters degree, maybe a PhD as well.

Does your school have a specific Smash organization? If not, is there a similar club like an Anime or Video games club where many members share an interest in Smash? What is the name of this organization?
It has a gaming club ("The Gaming Guild"). It's for all video games, table top RPGs, card games, LARPing, etc. Basically all things geek. I was talking to the club leader and a lot of the incoming members, and almost all of them play Smash. None on a competitive level, but must are aware of it and are interested in it.

Do you hold an office position (such as President, Vice President, Treasurer, etc) in such organization?
I do not, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up in a higher position. The club was only started last semester, and as someone with tournament experience and whatnot, I plan on organizing events and introducing the members to competitive gaming.

Also, for the record (since my signature is misleading), I play Melee.

richie137

Smash Cadet
Hofstra University

New York (Hempstead,NY)

Enrolled as a Junior should graduate in two to three years because I transferred in 2007 and I am a part-time student.

If you have not yet graduated, what year do you plan to graduate? If you have graduated, what year was it in? I graduated in 2007 from Hostos Community College (Bronx,NY) with an associate in liberal arts.

Does your school have a specific Smash organization? If not, is there a similar club like an Anime or Video games club where many members share an interest in Smash? What is the name of this organization? My school used to have a Gamers Club, but was disbanded same with the anime club.

Do you hold an office position (such as President, Vice President, Treasurer, etc) in such organization?
None

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
University of Maryland, College Park.

Maryland.

Enrolled.

If you have not yet graduated, what year do you plan to graduate? If you have graduated, what year was it in?

Does your school have a specific Smash organization? If not, is there a similar club like an Anime or Video games club where many members share an interest in Smash? What is the name of this organization?
We have an unofficial club. I don't feel like doing paperwork. xD

If we had a club, I'd be President or Vice President, since I hosted the last several tournaments.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Southern Alabama University

Alaska

Currently enrolled, but attending graduate school at Idaho State.

Got kicked out in 2009 but hopefully will be readmitted based on my beer pong scholarship.

Yes, but the club doesn't have a name. The meetings are usually oriented around our shared dominatrix fetish and take place in my grandmother's basement, but occasionally we play smash.

I used to be president, but the dominatrixes kind of took over and now I have the title of 'Boot Licker'.

skitts

Smash Rookie
college - dowling

state- NY

starting soon - Aug 26

smash organzation- idk

office position- nope

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
What college/university do you go to? Villanova University

What state is this school in? Pennsylvania

Are you currently enrolled, graduated, or starting soon? I am currently enrolled

If you have not yet graduated, what year do you plan to graduate? If you have graduated, what year was it in? I plan to have a Bachelor's Degree in May 2011 and a Master's Degree at the same school in May 2012.

Does your school have a specific Smash organization? If not, is there a similar club like an Anime or Video games club where many members share an interest in Smash? What is the name of this organization? I wish there was, but sadly there isn't.

Do you hold an office position (such as President, Vice President, Treasurer, etc) in such organization? Yes... oh, wait, I mean no.

There you go, Chibo.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
University of Rhode Island

RI

Enrolled

Graduating in 2011

There is a Gaming Club, but there is little to no Smash interest there at the moment (I'm told that the Smash interest used to be huge before I was there, but in its current state, the club is pretty bad...)

I will be the vice president in this upcoming year

Rykard

Smash Ace
Ithaca Colege

NY

Enrolled

IC Gamers

NO!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What college/university do you go to? Harcum College (at Congreso)

What state is this school in? PA

Are you currently enrolled, graduated, or starting soon? Currently Enrolled

If you have not yet graduated, what year do you plan to graduate? If you have graduated, what year was it in? I hope to graduate in the next year or after, if I only finish my two years, I could go on, depends on financial aid

I am not sure, if there was I'd join it.

No I am not. : D

FearTheMateria

Smash Apprentice
What college/university do you go to? Ocean County College

What state is this school in? NJ

Are you currently enrolled, graduated, or starting soon? Currently Enrolled (Financial Aid is being ******** though.)

If you have not yet graduated, what year do you plan to graduate? If you have graduated, what year was it in? 2012

Yes, they have a video game club

I am not a part of it because some of the members annoy me.

blizzardbeam

Smash Cadet
Vassar College
New York
Starting Soon
No idea
No

mcem222

Smash Rookie
Just searched my college, and I'm glad I found someone else going there

Vassar

New York

Starting soon

There's a video game/anime/sci fi, but it is not very specialized

no

Realizer

Smash Rookie
University of Pittsburgh

PA

Starting soon

Should be and I plan to join :)

Perhaps. I got ambition :D

Anyways, I play Melee.

Karnith

Smash Rookie
Vassar College

New York

Enrolled

There's no Smash-specific, but there is a general nerd association that occasionally hosts video game-related functions, called the N(o)S(uch)O(rganization).

No.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
What college/university do you go to? Lehigh University

What state is this school in? PA

Are you currently enrolled, graduated, or starting soon? I'm enrolled as an undergraduate

If you have not yet graduated, what year do you plan to graduate? If you have graduated, what year was it in? Will graduate in 2013

Does your school have a specific Smash organization? If not, is there a similar club like an Anime or Video games club where many members share an interest in Smash? What is the name of this organization? There is a video game club, but I don't know it's name. There is also an Anime club.

Do you hold an office position (such as President, Vice President, Treasurer, etc) in such organization? Nope

No one at Lehigh has heard of competitive smash, lol.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
No one at Lehigh has heard of competitive smash, lol.
I have two friends who go there who play Melee pretty often, both are actually good too. GSO is the one who actually posts.

What college/university do you go to? Hofstra

What state is this school in? Hempstead, NY

If you have not yet graduated, what year do you plan to graduate? If you have graduated, what year was it in? I'm graduating with my BA in Spring 2011, I might decide to finish my Masters there or in the area though.

Does your school have a specific Smash organization? If not, is there a similar club like an Anime or Video games club where many members share an interest in Smash? What is the name of this organization? Probably a video game club, but I don't know.

Do you hold an office position (such as President, Vice President, Treasurer, etc) in such organization? Nope.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
What college/university do you go to? Rutgers - Newark

What state is this school in? New Jersey

Are you currently enrolled, graduated, or starting soon? Enrolled

If you have not yet graduated, what year do you plan to graduate? If you have graduated, what year was it in? I plan to graduate in 2014.

Does your school have a specific Smash organization? If not, is there a similar club like an Anime or Video games club where many members share an interest in Smash? What is the name of this organization? I don't know yet since I start tomorrow, but I really hope there is. If there isn't I'll probably think about starting one..

Do you hold an office position (such as President, Vice President, Treasurer, etc) in such organization? Nope.

dlew2191

Smash Rookie
- University of Pennsylvania

- Pennsylvania

- I am enrolled.

- I plan to graduate in May, 2013.

- I have looked, and I know that there must be a Smash community, but I cannot seem to find it.

- Nope.

Andronikos

Smash Rookie

Boston University

Massachusetts

Enrolled

I plan to graduate in 2014.

Absolutely. Smash group.

Nope.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

New York

Enrolled

Apparently it does according to that other guy. It's advertised horrendously though.

Nope

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Thanks for providing the information everyone, next step will be coming soon.

Room mods, don't unsticky this please yet so I can find it easily again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom