• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWEET XVI Results [East Lansing, MI] feat. Vaccine, Duck, Shady, KJH!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium

Spartans/Wolverines
Exhibit Entertaining Tourneys

SWEET XVI
Results Thread
March 29th, 2014
East Lansing, MI

Original Thread

Results Thread
Videos Archive

Another fun tournament! Shoutouts to the MSU crew for organizing a great installment of SWEET on their home turf.

Special thanks to everyone who helped make the tournament happen, including but not limited to:
Alex (2Shadez) for organizing the venue and TOing staff
Eric (401k) for organizing and maintaining the stream setup
Jack (Sloppy Joe) for lots of TOing support
Josh (SonuvaBeach) for lots of TOing support
Andre (Dre) for filling in to help run bracket
Chris (CTL) for filling in to help run bracket
Richard (BloodyJoker) for filling in to help run bracket being a scrub
Aj (Stif) for holding it down on the stream
Elliot (General Heinz) for stream commentary
Jon (C_Naught) for his continued artwork excellence

Results below!

Melee Singles (70 entrants)
http://michigansmash.challonge.com/sweetmeleesingles16
SWEET XVI Melee Singles Bracket
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Vaccine
$350.00
2nd
Duck
$175.00
3rd
KJH
$105.00
4th
Shady
$70.00
5th
SonuvaBeach
5th
1der
7th
TM
7th
Ryejew
9th
Solo
9th
Bigy
9th
Juggleguy
9th
OnionChowder
13th
Cameron
13th
Ginger
13th
General Heinz
17th
BloodyJoker
17th
Treetz
17th
Derf
17th
Montross
17th
Dre
17th
GoatCat
17th
Hellsing
17th
BBQ
25th
Bobslob
25th
Tran
25th
Identity Crisis
25th
Salty
25th
King Miles
25th
Luigimastertae
25th
THuGz
25th
SkittleTits
-- POOLS CUTOFF --
33: Skraa
33: L7
33: ArtificialFlavour
33: Rasto
33: TehOwnage
33: supermegawalrus
33: Train
33: Ant
41: Haunter
41: ChickenChaser
41: Paper
41: Flynwalrus
41: Severest
41: Ex
41: Turbo
41: 401k
49: Stif
49: Wally
49: Raphius
49: NJA
49: Rich
49: Stretch
49: Datrooph
49: Showtime
57: Andrew
57: Djinn
57: CoupKey
57: Sloppiejoe
57: Napkin
57: Luketheduke
57: Lt-Sealclubber
57: Sklopp
65: Pangwell
65: NotKain
65: Rahu
65: Rayn
65: Bloodflood
65: General Rainbow

Melee Amateur Bracket (single-elim)
http://michigansmash.challonge.com/sweetambracket16
1: ArtificialFlavour
2: Train
3: Severest
3: Flynwalrus
5: NJA
5: Rasto
5: L7
5: Napkin
9: CoupKey
9: Djinn
9: Stretch
9: supermegawalrus
9: Ex
9: Raphius
9: TehOwnage
9: Turbo
17: Skraa
17: Lt-Sealclubber
17: Rich
17: Rahu
17: Paper
17: Sloppiejoe
17: Luketheduke
17: Wally
17: Stif
17: Ant
17: NotKain
17: Sklopp
17: Datrooph
17: Bloodflood
17: Showtime
17: Pangwell
33: Andrew
33: Rayn
33: Haunter
33: General Rainbow
33: ChickenChaser
33: 401k

Melee Doubles (17 teams)
http://michigansmash.challonge.com/sweetmeleedoubles16
1: Duck/Vaccine
2: TM/1der
3: Juggleguy/KJH
4: SonuvaBeach/Shady
5: BBQ/Ginger
5: Cameron/Bigy
7: CTL/OnionChowder
7: Montross/Tehownage
9: Severest/KingMiles
9: Solo/BloodyJoker
9: Ant/LuigiMasterTae
9: Bobslob/FlynWalrus
13: SkittleTits/SloppieJoe
13: Rafius/Turbo
13: Showtime/Rich
13: GeneralRainbow/LT-Sealclubber
17: Djinn/Pangwell

Once again I'd like to provide links to some region-specific Facebook groups nearby, in case any new players are reading this and want to get more involved with their local Smash community:

Michigan Melee
MSU Smash
West Michigan Smash

Thanks for attending, everyone! Let's take a minute to preview the upcoming spring and summer season -- there's so much to look forward to if you're a fan of Melee in Michigan.

* The Spartan Stadium Arcadian, a tournament without ranked players, is coming up in just two weeks on April 12 in East Lansing and will serve as an excellent stage for non-ranked players to showcase their gameplay.
* The soon-to-be-announced 2014 Michigan Melee Summer Circuit will start in May and run through August, providing a nearly endless opportunity to play Melee this summer at a variety of venues throughout the state.
* Last but not least, Super SWEET is coming up on June 7-8 in Ann Arbor, offering a supercharged two-day installment of the legendary SWEET series -- stay tuned for announcements about top OoR players attending that one!

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yeah HIV+ changed his name now that he's a sheik main I guess.

anyway, shoutouts:

Vaccine - dude congrattts this is a big win for you. HIV+ is still a way better tag though, jus sayin'

Duck - playing you and talking to you really inspired me dude. I have a lot more faith in my character and in myself as a player again, thanks a lot. I hope to see you again soon.

KJH - Next tournament dude. I'm telling you. Every time we play I get so much closer to beating you. You're a really chill guy and I always enjoy seeing you! Oh but stop sandbagging in winners, I shouldn't be facing you losers R2.

SonuvaBeach - josh you're seriously one of my favorite smashers, it was great seeing you again, congrats on 5th

1der & TM - MY BOIZ. You were so close this time. Congrats to you both in teams and singles.

Juggledude - I love you rob. It's always great seeing you.

Bloodyjoker - pocket peeeach. I'm not losing to it next time, even if it was just pools.

Derf.MW - You're getting better. Almost there.

BBQ - pretty lame. Mad that you peached me, but I just gotta get better.

Identity Crisis - dude you were pretty good, keep on coming to tournaments, you'll be there soon.

King Miles - Keep a positive mentality man, you're almost there as a player. I have a lot of puff experience, and for peach I just play that matchup so much that its sorta hard to c/p her against me.

Skraa - I'm sad to hear that you're dropping link, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Try to keep a positive mentality man!

ArtificialFlavour - Luigi is pretty jank. Next time I'll play seriously against you lmao. I just hate camping, but I gotta get out of that mentality.

TehOwnage - The oldschool legends making an appearance! Surprised you didn't make it out of pools, honestly. You're a really awesome guy and it was great to meet you. I hope to see you again eventually. Maybe next time I'll actually bring Vidjo.

Haunter - how did you not make it out of pools? you're pretty good man. You're definitely getting there, next time you've got this for sure!

NotKain - dude, next time. You're making it out. Keep practicing, you're making progress!

to everyone else - It was awesome meeting and playing all of you, I really enjoy the michigan community and I hope to see you all again in the future!

Last edited:

kalindih

Smash Cadet
Vaccine-Finally :)
Duck-Stop shaking your head, you got out played lol GG's
Kjh-My marth will do better next time lol
1der- why didnt you beat shady lmao. good**** tho
solo-:)
Ginger- Dude you remind me of myself when I got in the competitive scene except better lol. Keep working at it, I can see you being really good soon

Pangwell

Smash Cadet
This was an exciting first tournament! I got my butt handed to me, but it was lots of fun.

Duck- Good job winning the match against me in under three minutes! Four stocked twice in a row :p
Skraa- Nice Link! It's definitely a mix up from all of the other guys I ended up playing against.
Supermegawalrus- It's nice to know I wasn't the only new guy there! You were awesome! I hope we play again sometime.
Haunter- Thanks for giving me one out of my three wins at pools! That was a close game!
Djinn- Thanks for bringing me to my first tourney, and playing doubles! It was hella fun.

I'm so sorry if I forgot everyone else in my pool! You guys were all so much fun to play against. This community is super supportive, and I learned so much from this experience. I can't wait to participate in more tournaments!

Last edited:

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Vaccine - :yeahboi::denzel::dazwa::pikachu::cool::joyful::bluejump::roll::estatic::colorful::chuckle::awesome::bee::laugh::sheikmelee::sheik:
Duck - Good games man looking forward to playing you in bracket again
KJH - lol good **** on you know what. I got it next time
Shady - maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Gonna have to enter again and take that 1st homie, you got this
1der - good games man, always a good time chillin with you. probably because we're josh
TM - we didn't get to play as much as I'd have liked, but good games nonetheless. Sheik is gay.
Rye - Glad you came out man, it's too bad we didn't get to play. Congrats on doing so well tho!
Solo - salttttttt. lol always fun seein you man
Bigy - good games bigy you're hilarious. I enjoy playing you and am looking forward to playing you again
Juggleguy - we didn't get to play for once, but we will next time. Good **** staying late lol
OnionChowder - damn man you're legit. It was really cool meeting you and I had a lot of fun playing you. Hopefully you can make it out to more michigan tournies
Cameron - gg's man 13th at the tournament and you don't even have a tag...god damn
Ginger - gotta play next time
jono - jonoooooooooooooooooo good chillin with ya man i'll see ya this week at seans
Heinz - sorry we didn't get to meet up so you could have your chance. Next time homie
BJ - good **** in our mm. i had to consciously really focus and block out your hilarious ****. lmao good stuff man
Derf - always fun playing you man, thanks for comin all the way out here. Looking forward to getting some more games in with you for sure man as I really need to work on the matchup more. See ya at fight pitt!
Goatcat - goooooood ****. we didn't get to play tho wtf
montross - good games as always dave. Fun seein ya
Miles - congrats on making bracket homie, that's awesome
Tae - always fun playing you man lol and it was cool seein your falco
Thugz - :happysheep:
Skittletits - nice tag
Severest - don't be hard on yourself, I think if you push yourself and keep practicing you'll definitely be making it out next time. Maybe your pool was rough, but that won't be an issue soon. The skill is there. Keep it up man
Ant - ^^^ same

To the new players I played in my pool, Daniel from MSU, and any I didn't write, it was awesome playing you guys. Thanks to all of you for coming out and I hope you had a great time! I definitely liked seeing all the new faces and trying to help people improve.

D

Deleted member

And James won the amateur bracket.

Here’s some short and… sweet shout outs.

Vaccine – Congratulations on the win. Thanks for wrecking me on stream.
KJH – Good stuff on 3rd place. Getting better exponentially… scary.
SonuvaBeach – Only played a few friendlies, but it was fun. We’ll have to play more next time.
TM – Fun Ganon dittos in pools! Next time I won't get hit by the jump from edge down+B 34 times haha.
Solo – 9th place?! Was that you Julian? Give me a ride to the tourney next time haha.
Bigy – Cool playing you again after like 7 years.
Juggleguy – Good set in teams. My first death in the FD match was about 5 seconds in due to a nasty team combo with stomps and knees haha.
Jono – Fun matches, both friendlies and in our pool. Sorry I don’t play SSB64.
General Heinz - Really fun Falcon dittos in bracket!
Dre – Didn’t play, but always cool talking with you.
GoatCat – We did commentary together for about 2 minutes, good times.
Hellsing – Good set in bracket. We will play soon.
Bobslob – Good job making bracket. Sorry I had to crush your dreams haha.
LuigiMasterTae – Scaring me with that Roy in teams! Good work reppin the low tiers.
FlynWalrus – You (and your bro) are rapidly improving. Keep it up.
401k – Always fun hanging out by the stream.
Stif – Same with you. Good friendly on stream too haha.
2Shadez/Alex/Gamero – Thanks to you and the other TOs for hosting.

Last edited by a moderator:

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
SWEET XVI was great! Michigan TOs living up to their rep. Tons of setups, well-organized bracket, plenty of time for friendlies and money-matches.

Shoutouts to the AA crew who let me hitch a ride and all those MI bosses I played in tourney/MMs! A lot of tight sets and fun matches (and getting repeatedly 3-stocked by HIV+ on stream). It's a shame I'll be leaving the Midwest soon, but hopefully I'll run into some of you at EXP or UFGT!

Stif

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:
KJH- Damn good run through losers also mad respect for sticking to your guns and playing marth even when down in a set
SonuvaBeach- Nice job on 5th dude you beat some damn good players. Also good **** keeping the stream busy.
Ryejew- I haven't seen you around in a while good work on getting 7th
Heinz- Nice work on 17th, looking like more and more of an Arcadian threat. Also lots of fun commentating your damn good at it
Montross- For hanging out with me and co running the stream, also our hype single game on stream.
Skraaaa- Im sorry your giving up on link, your sheik is good as **** though. Good luck finding a new main.
Artifical- For winning amateur and nearly beating (ie. choking) against Juggles
401k- For setting up the stream/commentary/everything involving the computer, also giving me a ride back to brody it would have sucked to carry my CRT back
Foster street- Thanks for bringing my CRT to the venue as i slept in
Obligatory Shoutout to all the TOs for doing a great job (except maybe gamero for forgetting to put me in a pool)

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
Vaccine - :yeahboi::denzel::dazwa::pikachu::cool::joyful::bluejump::roll::estatic::colorful::chuckle::awesome::bee::laugh::sheikmelee::sheik:
Duck - Good games man looking forward to playing you in bracket again
KJH - lol good **** on you know what. I got it next time
Shady - maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Gonna have to enter again and take that 1st homie, you got this
1der - good games man, always a good time chillin with you. probably because we're josh
TM - we didn't get to play as much as I'd have liked, but good games nonetheless. Sheik is gay.
Rye - Glad you came out man, it's too bad we didn't get to play. Congrats on doing so well tho!
Solo - salttttttt. lol always fun seein you man
Bigy - good games bigy you're hilarious. I enjoy playing you and am looking forward to playing you again
Juggleguy - we didn't get to play for once, but we will next time. Good **** staying late lol
OnionChowder - damn man you're legit. It was really cool meeting you and I had a lot of fun playing you. Hopefully you can make it out to more michigan tournies
Cameron - gg's man 13th at the tournament and you don't even have a tag...god damn
Ginger - gotta play next time
jono - jonoooooooooooooooooo good chillin with ya man i'll see ya this week at seans
Heinz - sorry we didn't get to meet up so you could have your chance. Next time homie
BJ - good **** in our mm. i had to consciously really focus and block out your hilarious ****. lmao good stuff man
Derf - always fun playing you man, thanks for comin all the way out here. Looking forward to getting some more games in with you for sure man as I really need to work on the matchup more. See ya at fight pitt!
Goatcat - goooooood ****. we didn't get to play tho wtf
montross - good games as always dave. Fun seein ya
Miles - congrats on making bracket homie, that's awesome
Tae - always fun playing you man lol and it was cool seein your falco
Thugz - :happysheep:
Skittletits - nice tag
Severest - don't be hard on yourself, I think if you push yourself and keep practicing you'll definitely be making it out next time. Maybe your pool was rough, but that won't be an issue soon. The skill is there. Keep it up man
Ant - ^^^ same

To the new players I played in my pool, Daniel from MSU, and any I didn't write, it was awesome playing you guys. Thanks to all of you for coming out and I hope you had a great time! I definitely liked seeing all the new faces and trying to help people improve.[/quote
lol thanks I feel weird playing a high tier it rants my low tear blood lol

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
And James won the amateur bracket.

Here’s some short and… sweet shout outs.

Vaccine – Congratulations on the win. Thanks for wrecking me on stream.
KJH – Good stuff on 3rd place. Getting better exponentially… scary.
SonuvaBeach – Only played a few friendlies, but it was fun. We’ll have to play more next time.
TM – Fun Ganon dittos in pools! Next time I won't get hit by the jump from edge down+B 34 times haha.
Solo – 9th place?! Was that you Julian? Give me a ride to the tourney next time haha.
Bigy – Cool playing you again after like 7 years.
Juggleguy – Good set in teams. My first death in the FD match was about 5 seconds in due to a nasty team combo with stomps and knees haha.
Jono – Fun matches, both friendlies and in our pool. Sorry I don’t play SSB64.
General Heinz - Really fun Falcon dittos in bracket!
Dre – Didn’t play, but always cool talking with you.
GoatCat – We did commentary together for about 2 minutes, good times.
Hellsing – Good set in bracket. We will play soon.
Bobslob – Good job making bracket. Sorry I had to crush your dreams haha.
LuigiMasterTae – Scaring me with that Roy in teams! Good work reppin the low tiers.
FlynWalrus – You (and your bro) are rapidly improving. Keep it up.
401k – Always fun hanging out by the stream.
Stif – Same with you. Good friendly on stream too haha.
2Shadez/Alex/Gamero – Thanks to you and the other TOs for hosting.
lol yeah i like roy alot lol ggs tho

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
good stuff artificial andwas fun to play everyone and thanks for supporting my young link and shady face ill always remember the words wtf is your young link doing to me lol ggs everyone and ggs to all my mm's so far I only lost 1 that day but won5ones so that was sweet

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
SWEET XVI was great! Michigan TOs living up to their rep. Tons of setups, well-organized bracket, plenty of time for friendlies and money-matches.

Shoutouts to the AA crew who let me hitch a ride and all those MI bosses I played in tourney/MMs! A lot of tight sets and fun matches (and getting repeatedly 3-stocked by HIV+ on stream). It's a shame I'll be leaving the Midwest soon, but hopefully I'll run into some of you at EXP or UFGT!
Where are you headed man? CALI BRO!?! Also the next UFGT isn't until May, will you still be around then?

Funny you said we lived up to our rep, while in our facebook group we have people upset about the way the tourny was ran lol. We are so spoiled in Michigan.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Glad you thought so man. It's always good to hear when people had a good time. I'll have you know that the next one will be run even better! Really though, there are some minor things that will be improved so the next one will run even more smoothly and timely.

Soloist

Smash Ace
Vaccine - Too good. You're a *****. :denzel:

KJH - Wipe that smile off your face. :denzel:

1der - You play so weird, yet so good.

SonuvaBeach - We really didn't even play at this tournament. Good ****.

tm - Me: Why didn't we play in tournament? You: Because you lost 1der. Me: :yeahboi:

RyeJew - Cute set. Good job taking out Robin Hood. :denzel:

Juggleguy - Wings Over was too good. P.S we haven't played in like a year.

Cameron - I'm really glad we played on FD so I could run away and laser and be a complete *****.

BloodyJoker - Talking mad **** in doubles was awesome. We should do that again. Please.

Montross
- Aye yo, I got you on that ride game next time, dawg. I want to drive a full car of Metro Detroiters and get Mexicray.

Dre
- What even was this tournament?!?!?!
THuGz - Thank you for repeatedly touching me inappropriately. :secretkpop:

Train - There's no reason you shouldn't make it out of pools next time with the way you're improving.

401k - It was fun hanging out with you and Mike. You should totally host a fest soon. P.S. how the **** did you place dead ass last?!?!?!

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
Where are you headed man? CALI BRO!?! Also the next UFGT isn't until May, will you still be around then?
I'm definitely going to UFGT! The subway takes me straight there (2 hour ride though). I'll be in Chicago for half the summer, but then I'm working in LA. Gonna start hitting those SSS!

Top Bottom