• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWEET XI: Sodium Rising Results [3/2/13 - Ann Arbor, MI]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Spartans/Wolverines
Exhibit Entertaining Tourneys
Sodium Rising
3/2/13
Ann Arbor, MI
Tournament Monthlies by Michigan Smash

Good to see everyone again. Fun tourney, thanks to everyone who came out for Melee, PM, and/or 64!

Special Thanks to:
Roki, Julian, Chad for maintaining the livestream and dealing with rogue girl scouts in the venue =P
Andre, Matt, Dylan, Elliot for all their help TOing throughout the day, much appreciated
Tony, Jaden, William for all their help calling matches and pool captaining

Original Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286110

Recorded Videos:
http://www.twitch.tv/umsmash/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Juggleguy

Melee Singles (32 entrants, top-16 bracket)
1: Best Riven NA

2: Shaeden

3: Juggleguy

4: Kalamazhu

5: Dope

5: Tremor

7: Butch G

7: RyeJew

9: KJH

9: Blake

9: [MCO] .Dempt

9: [MCO] Slarti

13: Dre

13: Dark Louis

13: Sweet

13: kd

17: Roki

17: Rh1thmz

17: [MCO] Skyson

17: General Heinz

21: FTW
21: Sex Panther
21: BBQ

21: Artificial Flavor

25: bobslob

25: Russ
25: ZBet

25: Eywa

29: THuGz

29: OldManKarp

29: Bonnie "Princess Peach" Billy

29: PCMJ

^ Help me out with everyone's characters, whether I missed them or got them wrong!

Melee Doubles (11 teams)
1: Shaeden + HIV+
2: Best Riven NA + Dempt
3: Dope + Juggleguy
4: [MCO] Slarti + Sweet
5: Shady + Tremor
5: KJH + Solo
7: THuGz + kd
7: Bonnie + Butch G
9: BBQ + Artificial Flavor
9: Kalamazhu + Abhisheik
9: ZBet + Blake

Project M Singles (15 entrants)
1: Best Riven NA :zerosuitsamus:
2: Shaeden

3: Dope :sonic:
4: RyeJew
5: Dre
5: kjh
7: Dark Louis
7: Sweet
9: Bubbleable UpB
9: Turd
9: Kony
9: Best Karma NA
13: Bilth
13: Mdick
13: Buttz

Project M Doubles (5 teams)
1: Best Riven NA + Sweet
2: Dope + Dre
3: Shady + Bubbleable UpB
4: Kony + Bilth
5: Mdick + Buttz

Smash 64 Singles (11 entrants)
1: Butch G :jigglypuff64:
2: Dope :kirby64:
3: Skyson
4: Sean
5: Tile
5: Aaron
7: General Heinz
7: Saucy
9: RyeJew
9: Rh1thmz
9: Slarti

Still gotta update this thread with complete results and bracket images for everything once I've collected all the various tio files, which were kept on different laptops.

Thanks for attending, everyone! Our final event, SWEET XII, is scheduled for March 30th. We're gonna go all out to make the series finale a great one. More info to come later, and I promise you will like it :)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Oh, that's what you were wondering about.

Nobody knows how he got out so early... it's the stuff of legends.

kd-

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:
1: Best Riven NA - Too good dude, nice job again. I enjoyed our matchup discussions lol
2: Shaeden - amazing work in doubles and singles. You absolutely beasted in doubles
3: Juggleguy - I'm glad I got to play you in tourney again, was a good set. I do feel like you let up; you weren't hitting stuff you normally hit and you destroy me in friendlies. gg's man the next SWEET is hyyype
4: Kalamazhu - KalamaB. gg's, I regressed since our last set D:
5: Dope - gg's, wasn't able to take that game offa you :] :[
5: Tremor - I didn't play you for some reason. Not sure why either. Thanks for the bracket help
7: Butch G - Didn't play you either. Given my play vs. Peach this tourney and your placement that's probably a good thing for me haha.
7: RyeJew - Slight Marth. I'll prove it someday :/ Not sick yet, so fingers crossed
9: KJH - Didn't play you either. I was probably too defeated to seek anyone out :/
9: Blake - gg's in teams. I didn't play you in singles either. Sorry about the pause in teams =/ You've got honor
9: [MCO] .Dempt - didn't play you either. And we didn't get to do a lot of commentary :|
9: [MCO] Slarti - gg's dude. Well deserved
13: Dre - Slight Marth. I'll prove it someday :/ Thanks for sitting through 5 million salties on Battlefield. The projector powerpoint post tourney was a nice touch rofl
13: Dark Louis - gg's in pools. I think I lucked out in about 3 different ways for about 5 different stocks. You're an absolute monster
13: Sweet - Didn't play. Nice job TO'ing
17: Roki - Noodles was fun, your advice was not. ^_^; You gotta work through all your shortcomings because the knowledge and tech skill is there, you just gotta win now.
17: Rh1thmz - Didn't play :[
17: [MCO] Skyson - gg's in pools. I lucked out here too. This game is mad frustrating :/
17: General Heinz - didn't play, and we even said we would :C
21: BBQ - gg's in pools and teams. You play an interesting variety of characters - ICs, Ganon and Peach.
21: Artificial Flavor - Thanks for getting 5 million misfires and selling me that real estate in Body City in our friendlies lol. Body City definitely increased its population by one during those games. You've improved a lot, keep it up
25: bobslob - nice to meet you, nice Hershey's sweatshirt
25: ZBet (Marth in pools) - gg's in teams and pools. You played real strong in both. Sorry about the pause in teams =/ You've got honor
29: THuGz - Our team didn't do half as bad as I thought it would.
29: OldManKarp - gg's in pools. Your puff is smooth
29: PCMJ
- Rob you troll, who was this

Solo, HIV+, Roki, someone needs to bring a SF4 setup and we can play that game which I'm awful at, rather than this game which I'm awful at.

Shoutouts to getting blown up
Shoutouts to people not entering singles :/
Shoutouts to rain checks
Shoutouts to anyone I missed, my bad

The image icons cause some weird text formatting when you delete them or try to type after them for me. The text was different colors/sizes/bold, was kinda annoying to normalize.

Edit: missed a few comments because I guess I cut and pasted instead of copying and pasting

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
@ Rob: I don't think he was supposed to be in there very long. Plus, he probably got good behavior.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
Good tourney Rob. Sweet tournaments are always fun to go too. Someday West Mi will break that glass ceiling.

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to: anti-clutch light shields... :facepalm:
Chad for driving me to my abnormally far away parking spot. :love:
'5Guys' for having a trippy hazardous stairwell. :dizzy:
Being down with the sickness. :sick:
Tremor for crushing my dreams. :skull:
Kjh for invoking the wrath of my anti-spacie Marth indirectly. :redface:
ButchG for being a ****. :rolleyes:

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs:
Juggleguy :falconmelee: great job hosting as always. nice job coming in third place too!
General Heinz :falconmelee: Nice friendlies.
ZBet :falcomelee: GGs in pools.
Blake :falcomelee: :marthmelee: The only member of the gentlemen's club to make it out of pools. AND you gave me a ride back to Kzoo. im a big fan. lets smash again soon so i can get some Marth advice.
Artificial Flavor :luigimelee: GGs in friendlies as always. you were playing so well. and thanks for driving me to the venue AND being a great teammate as always.
Rh1thmz :falcomelee: Great friendlies in practice the night before. that falco is tight. look out for my other characters. i know you already respect those ICS. haha.
Kalamazhu :peach: GGs in pools and thanks for the Peach advice. hope we can play again soon.
Dope :marthmelee: :fox: GGs in pools. that marth is free for me. hahaha. jk. lets play again soon. bust out the falco next time.
Anyone else that i missed. GGs

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
ggs to all the people i played in doubles and in friendlies

i'll do real shout outs when i enter singles

it was nice to see everybody again

Dopey

Smash Lord
Hey, I was kirby in 64 an sonic in PM. I did sell out an go a lil falco in PM ^^

Soloist

Smash Ace
Shout outs to triple kill up-smashes on Kalindi, Dope and Rob.

Dope and Rob: GGs.

James and Dave: GGs. Good job winning.

Sweet and Slarti: GGs.

Amine: :secretkpop:

Chad: :secretkpop:

That one dude I was playing friendlies with for awhile that went Luigi against my Jigglypuff: Sorry I left you mid match, but you went Luigi. I don't **** with that son. Nahm sayin'?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
1: Best Riven NA - GG's in pools. Your peach is really good. Let's definitely do that MM next time
2: Shaeden - gg's shaedennnnn. i'll get you soon
3: Juggleguy - ****, you ***** me. Looks like I have to practice the falcon matchup again, good stuff.
4: Kalamazhu - Next time I'll get your Fox and Peach both lool. Get some headphones
5: Dope - you got me this time, next time is the big one
7: Butch G - salty about those games in pools, but gg's for sure. Underestimated your peach
7: RyeJew - that lightshield. gg's.
9: KJH - you got the money and I got the placing. I suppose I'll taking placing lol
9: [MCO] .Dempt - gg's, fox > marth for sure
9: [MCO] Slarti - we didn't get to play, but any chance you could send me my recordings or upload them? It would be extremely helpful to me and I recorded quite a few. let me know
13: Dre - we didn't play I don't think? Why?

13: kd - we should've played
17: Roki - we should've played too
17: Rh1thmz - gg's in pools josh. Focus on improving what you can with the people you have I suppose.
17: General Heinz - good seeing you elliot
25: Russ - gg's in pools
yo slarti, read my shoutout! Those vids would be so beneficial and it would be greatly appreciated, thanks man.

I had fun after bracket started. Great tournament, as always Jugglerob

Top Bottom