• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWEET VIII: Spring Finale Results [4/14/12 - East Lansing, MI]

BloodyJoker

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'm still bad with them, it was like starting my career over. Plus I had to play a few Falcons, nothing I ever do against Falcon works;
Yo Chad that's b/c you're playing with the wrong mentality. Play like you're fox, just wait for your chance...and GIMP THE **** OUT of them!

Also Shaeden, when you looked at me when we were playing teams friendlies before brackets and said "what the hell?! i've never seen someone do so well with just shine", that may have been the highlight of my day. :bee:

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I had a lot of fun, and will beat all you in tournament soon. Till then boys...

1: Shady - where was that falcon?? ahha good **** man
2: Kalamazhu - nice wins over Shaeden velynn and dope man. I'll get you next time
3: Shaeden - gg's man. you had kzhu, just got too aggro, next time just be a bit more patient...gayer lol
4: Dope - getting better every time man. Soon you'll be destroying me in friendlies. Oh wait , I'm the friendly king!
5: Velynn - we need to get some friendlies in next time man, I know you need sheik practice and I need puff practice
5: Bigy - glad you came out! Good seeing you, wish we played
7: Juggleguy - good few friendlies. Wish I had money, but definitely thought singles was $5. Hopefully I'll be in prime shape for the next tourny and we can get a MM
7: HIV+ - gg's man...until you were no longer coherent lmao
9: KishPrime - gg's in teams and good stuff beating me in bracket, definitely underestimated you old school fellas.
9: KishSquared - gg's in friendlies man, it was nice meeting both of you and look forward to seeing you guys at FC
9: Tremor - change your name to "onlygudinfriendlies"
9: Gracen - How come I never saw you play or friendlied? Glad I didn't run into in your bracket
13: Toadster - nice DK! lol might as well keep playing
13: Weylin - GG's man that falcon was scary for a minute. Just gotta capitalize on your grabs harder
13: Blake - gg's in teams
17: Brayden - gg's man just gotta get more consistent and your set
17: Dre - we never played wth.
17: BloodyJoker - RICHARD! why didn't we play either, oh wait you don't smash lol
17: Junglefever - gotcha mang! lol gg's
17: Solo - you had me legitimately scared in pools. I gotta work on that matchup, gg's
17: GeneralHeinz - that falcon man, keep playin!
17: Dempt - didn't get to play you, but glad you came out man!
25: ArtificialFlavor - gg's!
25: kd - gg's in pools man, but I like your fox! Partially because when you get the CG on sheik...i'm ****ed ha
25: KingMiles - place better, you deserve to be higher man. let's play soon bro, and drink

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I had a lot of fun, and will beat all you in tournament soon. Till then boys...

1: Shady - where was that falcon?? ahha good **** man
2: Kalamazhu - nice wins over Shaeden velynn and dope man. I'll get you next time
3: Shaeden - gg's man. you had kzhu, just got too aggro, next time just be a bit more patient...gayer lol
4: Dope - getting better every time man. Soon you'll be destroying me in friendlies. Oh wait , I'm the friendly king!
5: Velynn - we need to get some friendlies in next time man, I know you need sheik practice and I need puff practice
5: Bigy - glad you came out! Good seeing you, wish we played
7: Juggleguy - good few friendlies. Wish I had money, but definitely thought singles was $5. Hopefully I'll be in prime shape for the next tourny and we can get a MM
7: HIV+ - gg's man...until you were no longer coherent lmao
9: KishPrime - gg's in teams and good stuff beating me in bracket, definitely underestimated you old school fellas.
9: KishSquared - gg's in friendlies man, it was nice meeting both of you and look forward to seeing you guys at FC
9: Tremor - change your name to "onlygudinfriendlies"
9: Gracen - How come I never saw you play or friendlied? Glad I didn't run into in your bracket
13: Toadster - nice DK! lol might as well keep playing
13: Weylin - GG's man that falcon was scary for a minute. Just gotta capitalize on your grabs harder
13: Blake - gg's in teams
17: Brayden - gg's man just gotta get more consistent and your set
17: Dre - we never played wth.
17: BloodyJoker - RICHARD! why didn't we play either, oh wait you don't smash lol
17: Junglefever - gotcha mang! lol gg's
17: Solo - you had me legitimately scared in pools. I gotta work on that matchup, gg's
17: GeneralHeinz - that falcon man, keep playin!
17: Dempt - didn't get to play you, but glad you came out man!
25: ArtificialFlavor - gg's!
25: kd - gg's in pools man, but I like your fox! Partially because when you get the CG on sheik...i'm ****ed ha
25: KingMiles - place better, you deserve to be higher man. let's play soon bro, and drink
Bro. We definitely played. I took your Sheik down to one stock with Roy. XD

KishSquared

Smash Master
Paste from other thread

It sure was great experiencing a tournament again. Thanks to all the UM/MSU guys for letting a couple old ND folks crash the party There are 222many good Falcos in this group! Time for some old-school shoutouts:

Dope - Old school too good! Great seeing you again. Crazy that we're all grown up with real life responsibilities.

Bigy/Juggle - I never used to fear Falcons back in the day - even Darkrain never really scared me. Yet you two trounced me with him. Great to see good Falcons, they're so much fun to watch, even while they're comboing me.

Jungle - I confused you with my slowness and missed buttons. Next time I doubt you'll have a problem with me, lol. Very, very nice Fox!

HIV+, your name will never bring in the ladies.

Brayden and Walen (sp?), thanks for the friendlies. You guys are really cool.

KishPrime - next time don't rest me in teams :p

I love this game, and I love this community. Can't wait to see you all at FC, and hopefully sooner!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It was an honor having you here Jeff!

Videos Update: all non-commentated sets have been uploaded, and I just got ahold of the commentary files... let the destruction (video editing) begin!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Aw man Jeff and I really enjoyed doing commentary on one set at MLG. It went really well but we were never able to watch it.

We should try it again sometime.

EDIT: Hey wait what someone recorded me? Geez, at least it wasn't our bracket set.

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
hey juggleguy can u upload me vs dope in losers? u uploaded me vs him in winners but not losers. its my peach vs his fox twice

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
hey juggleguy can u upload me vs dope in losers? u uploaded me vs him in winners but not losers. its my peach vs his fox twice
Yeah I'm on it. The commentary for that set got cut off in a few areas for some reason, I'll fix it this weekend.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
If I'm not doing homework I might as well be doing shoutouts.

2: Kalamazhu: Dangerous Peach. We had good matches last time we played if I remember right, so we should definitely get more friendlies in the future.
3: Shaeden: I tried, haha. Great Falco of course. Wasn't one of our matches sort of close? I'll be training for the next time.
4: Dope: knew fountain was a bad idea vs. Peach lol. But I could use some training from the old midwest so we should play. I think we've only played a few times.
7: Juggleguy: yeah seriously, all them Falcos coming out of the woodwork. You played some good games from what I watched. Definitely could use some friendlies to work on my ditto matchup. I feel like Weylin wrecked me >.<
9: KishPrime: nice puff. I just got outspaced and outplayed. Fun matches though, and if Kalamazoo makes it to FC I definitely wanna play more.
9: Tremor: good games. I think I just need to be more confident in my followups and they'll figure themselves out. Good work reppin EL too.
13: Toadster: ****ing never not banning fountain again lol. Great games though. I was satisfied with how I did. DK's a scary mother****er.
13: Weylin: man, them dittos. Always good to see the out of state support. I definitely have to work on that matchup though. It is the manliest matchup in the game after all. Good games.
13: Blake: Okay I guess you get to be goku. Way to ****ing turn it on man. I'm impressed. This summer is gonna be one long epic smashfest for k-zoo I hope. Work on that 64 jiggly***** though.
17: Brayden: Good games man, for sure. Glad you and blakester came up. You're always welcome to come play smash any weekend of course. Looking forward to a nice long summer of maylay.
17: BloodyJoker: Don't think we played at all but we should cuz I think we had good games at SWEET VII. Glad you came out though.
17: Junglefever: Daaaaaamn I wanted that first match lol. If we weren't so busy all the time we'd play more but I guess that isn't going to happen before finals, right? :p But maybe sometime soon. If Kalamazoo runs a tourney we'll play some more.
17: Solo: I still for the life of me can't remember where we played our first match but that Zelda is definitely scary. I won't lose next time though. Good friendlies earlier too. I wanna play your fox more.
17: Dempt: You weren't in my pool for once haha. But I'm glad we got some friendlies in early on, I feel like I'm getting better. Good games man.
25: SexPanther: We never seem to play in tourney but good friendlies. I swear to god you're the one that can consistently **** me up like ten times in a row for reasons unknown. Our matches are always so back and forth. But yeah, good **** as always.
25: ArtificialFlavor: some nasty combos over the weekend. You ****ed me up in friendlies for sure, but just keep it up (utilt that **** baby) and we'll all get way better this summer. Good work.
25: kd: Glad I didn't overthink that matchup like I usually do lol. But not bad. Like roller said you just gotta get those ****ing 0-death CGs in and **** me over as hard as possible. But it's probably easier said than done *shrug* good games dude, let's play more.
25: KingMiles: come to kalamazoo this summer and we'll play a **** ton miles I swear. Sorry this semester's been so slow. I should come up to east lansing sometime too and we'll get some games in. Either way, nice puff as always, keep it up, viva la smash, etc. etc.

Real fun tourney everybody. Always a pleasure to spend all day smashing with some of the best competition in the midwest. Looking forward to more.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Well I'm actually kinda salty that people said our commentary was bad. I would've at least liked to have known what we (or probably me, since I get the idea I did something wrong lol) did wrong.

Soloist

Smash Ace
Okay I guess I'll do these now as well.

2: Kalamazhu - Quite a nice run you had at this. You will give me Peach practice, and then I will become the campiest player in the known universe.
3: Shaeden - You have a pretty overwhelming bird. That's all I have to say.
5: Bigy - Start playing again on a regular basis so we all have an excuse to come over and see your animals.
7: Juggleguy - "Yo Richard, Julian's Zelda is like a million times better than yours." Thank you for making my day.
7: HIV+ - :happysheep:
9: Tremor - :salt:
13: Toadster - I have yet to face the DK but I'm sure when we do get to play it will be the most unique tournament match-up ever. Also good times at the wings place.
13: Tile - GGs
13: Weylin - GGs
17: Dre - Get personally dominated by me in teams. Also tell that tree branch to step aside the next time I attempt to back out of your driveway. :awesome:
17: BloodyJoker - That awkward moment where we realize that there actually weren't any attractive females in high school, and that we were living a terrible lie.
17: LuigiMasterTae - GGs.
17: Junglefever - Playing around with your stick (no homo) made me want to get my own even more, and I refuse to learn SF until I have one! :3 GGs also of course.
17: GeneralHeinz - Lmao yeah, we should have just gone to Hyrule or something to settle it. Oh, and there was a time where I played Fox all the time. Those were basically the dark ages of my competitive smash experience. GGs once again.
17: Dempt - "I would destroy that..." Magical times. Let's just pretend that our team chemistry was actually good. :secretkpop:
25: kd - Pro commentary. You'll be back. And yes, I definitely got a little emo there for awhile but it made me feel better!

By the way pretty much all I played at this tournament were Falcos and Falcons lol. Really cute MI.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
@Solo: GOD DUDE. I FORGOT ABOUT THAT LOOOOOOOOL.

@Rob: I don't know who they are 100%, but the Youtube users are daveparkk and Ubermunki3. Either way, it's funny how they just insult it rather than actually help fix it.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I had fun doing it. Like, it wasn't really meant to be cut-and-dry professional commentary, it was just whatever came to mind about the match. Isn't that what commentary is supposed to be anyways? :(

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Dude, don't beat yourself up over two YouTube comments. For what it's worth, I saw several more YouTube comments praising you guys. Not to mention, freakin' KishPrime liked your commentary. And he has a high standard for that kind of stuff!

smashtile

Smash Rookie
thanks for the shout-outs guys. This was my favorite of the tourneys ive attended so far and i hope to play u all again soon with an improved falcon ;)

Top Bottom