• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWEET VIII: Spring Finale Results [4/14/12 - East Lansing, MI]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Spartans/Wolverines
Exhibit Entertaining Tourneys

Spring Finale
4/14/12

East Lansing, MI

Interuniversity Melee Monthlies by:

Juggleguy (Rob, University of Michigan)
Junglefever (Travis, Michigan State University)

Special Thanks to:
Bigy for putting up with me bugging him on FB to come to another tourney, and actually doing it!
KishPrime and KishSquared for bringing in a ton of old school hype and a clutch two extra setups!
Solo, HIV, Dre, BloodyJoker, KingMiles, Tremor for bringing in the other much-needed setups.
Dempt, Gracen for making the trip out here from OoS, you guys are always welcome back.
kd for keeping it real... real salty. And doing commentary, of course.
Junglefever, BloodyJoker, Solo for helping out all day with TOing duties.

Original Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286110

Recorded Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Juggleguy

Melee Doubles
1: Shaeden + Velynn
2: Shady + Kzhu
3: BloodyJoker + HIV+
4: KishPrime + KishSquared
5: Juggleguy + Junglefever
5: Bigy + Shade
7: Dope + Tremor
7: Dre + Toadster
9: Dempt + Solo
9: LuigiMasterTae + Jeff
9: Blake + Brayden

Bracket:

Melee Singles

1: Shady :marthmelee: :foxmelee:
2: Kalamazhu :peachmelee: :foxmelee:
3: Shaeden :falcomelee:
4: Dope :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
5: Velynn :jigglypuffmelee:
5: Bigy :falconmelee: :linkmelee:
7: Juggleguy :falconmelee:
7: HIV+ :falcomelee:
9: KishPrime :jigglypuffmelee:
9: KishSquared :foxmelee:
9: Tremor :sheikmelee:
9: Gracen :sheikmelee:
13: Toadster :dkmelee:
13: Tile :falconmelee:
13: Weylin :foxmelee:
13: Blake :falcomelee:
17: Brayden :falcomelee:
17: Dre :pikachumelee: :gwmelee:
17: BloodyJoker :foxmelee:
17: LuigiMasterTae :linkmelee: :luigimelee:
17: Junglefever :sheikmelee:
17: Solo :zeldamelee: :sheikmelee:
17: GeneralHeinz :falconmelee:
17: Dempt :falcomelee: :marthmelee:
25: SexPanther :foxmelee:
25: ArtificialFlavor :luigimelee:
25: kd :icsmelee: :grimer:
25: KingMiles :jigglypuffmelee:

Bracket:

I'll be taking most of the summer off from TOing due to the lack of Melee players sticking around in Ann Arbor during the school offseason, and Ori will be running locals in West Bloomfield to fill that void. I still want to host one large-ish event myself before the summer is over, though! So if everyone could chime in about exactly which weeks they are around and which weeks they are out of town, that would be great for planning.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
im gone till early july someone tell juggleguy this because he blocked me

top drivers **** every1

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Prince_Abu says: "im gone till early july someone tell juggleguy this because he blocked me"

:phone:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
1: Shady :marthmelee: :falconmelee: Congrats on the win, hopefully you realized who your true main is at this. I'm happy I finally beat your Falco in the MM too, don't forget it anytime soon Andy.
2: Kalamazhu :peachmelee: :foxmelee: GGs in bracket, I'm actually kinda glad you beat me cause you did a lot better vs Velynn and Shaeden than I would have.
3: Shaeden :falcomelee: GGs in friendlies, I have a long way to go before I can keep up with you. I think you could be the best Falco in the MW if you polished up the aggression a bit. Looking forward to any future livestreams you host.
4: Dope :falcomelee: :foxmelee: GGs in pools and our MM, you're one of the most fun people to play against. I always feel like I'm getting read or mindgamed. A couple more tourneys and you'll be back in championship form.
5: Velynn :jigglypuffmelee: GGs in pools, I always feel like I get a little better at spacing after playing you. Come to more tourneys, everyone in AA is always eager to play you as far as I know.
5: Bigy
:linkmelee: GGs in bracket, I've been looking forward to a rematch vs you for awhile and you pretty much showed me I'm still a scrub lol. You better be going to FC, I'll go to South Haven and drag you out if I have to.
7: Juggleguy
as Chad would say... get ripT
7: HIV+ :falcomelee: Good try vs Velynn, hope you feel better after the Smirnoff incident too lol. Also, where was the REACH setup?!
9: KishPrime :jigglypuffmelee: Man, words can't describe how hyped I was after Travis (Jungle) texted me yesterday morning saying you were at the venue. Thanks for coming out to this, and see you at FC for sure.
9: KishSquared :foxmelee: GGs in pools, I love playing against old schoolers like you because it reminds me that smart decisions and mixups will still beat flashy tech skill even in today's metagame. See you at FC as well.
9: Tremor :sheikmelee: Glad I didn't run into you in bracket, would have been super tough if those friendlies at the end were any indication. Host a Smashfest before you leave in June and I'll probably show up.
9: Gracen :sheikmelee: GGs in bracket, your Sheik was really scary and it took a couple Darkrain-like decisions to pull off a win. Thanks for coming out to this, you're welcome back anytime.
13: Toadster
Good stuff vs HIV, that was a hype set. I keep getting closer to taking a game off you in the DK ditto. Beware next time.
13: Tile
Good to see you at another tourney, glad we got to play this time. Finish your combos better and you'll be a rising Falcon in no time.
13: Weylin :foxmelee: Didn't meet/play, let's get friendlies in next time.
13: Blake :falcomelee: Good to see you again, glad we got to play friendlies for only the second time. I heard you took Shaeden to the brink, very nice.
17: Brayden :falcomelee: Good to see you again, I hope I can make it out to Kalamazoo for a Smashfest someday.
17: Dre :pikachumelee:
I'm always super nervous when I see you bust out the G&W. You'll get me next time. Let me know if you guys are still playing Reach in a week, too.
17: BloodyJoker :foxmelee: The worst best Smasher of all time, stop choking so much. Also, I would've stomped you in teams if I hadn't eaten so many of those lasers from James... beware next time.
17: LuigiMasterTae :linkmelee: :luigimelee: Good to see you again, wish we got to play friendlies, maybe I could've given more tips on whether you should go Link or Luigi.
17: Junglefever :sheikmelee: Thanks for taking charge at this Travis, and fun stuff in teams, we did pretty well. You're always welcome to join back in as a TO for whatever big tourneys happen in the future.
17: Solo :zeldamelee: :sheikmelee: The Zelda is looking pretty solid. Thanks for bringing setups and helping kick people off friendlies, and let me know if you guys are still playing Reach in a week or so.
17: GeneralHeinz
We need to play more friendlies. Can't let all these Falcos take over the state without a word or two from the Falcons.
17: Dempt :falcomelee: :marthmelee: Thanks for coming to this, always super hype to see you at a tourney. I'll let you know if I'm going to Pittsburgh/Cleveland for tourneys over the summer.
25: SexPanther :foxmelee: Didn't play. Friendlies next time.
25: ArtificialFlavor :luigimelee: GGs in pools, if you worked on the DI a bit you'd be escaping a lot of the combos. We will play more next time for sure.
25: kd :icsmelee: :grimer: 1-12 record in pools? Yeah, there's a reason a grimer is next to your name... in any case, thanks for doing commentary, I realized pretty quickly how terrible I am at it lol.
25: KingMiles :jigglypuffmelee: GGs in bracket, I don't even know what happened game 2 but I got wrecked all of a sudden. See you at EL Smashfests in the future.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
gg's to everyone I played it was a fun tourney

and yes rob you did beat my falco, trust me I won't forget. And can you change my characters I didn't use falcon once the whole tourney......even though I said I was going all falcon at this

except when I beat hiv's falco in pools with falcon

kd-

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

1: Shady - Such a beast and always a cool guy to talk to. I don't want to be a broken record, but Play Marth!
2: Kalamazhu - You totally called it nice break-out tourney for you. We still don't buy your Fox though lmfao
3: Shaeden - You really brought it back in lower bracket finals, amazing to see you play in singles and teams
4: Dope - Bringing old school back one tournament at a time. Get your hat back from Tremor's house!
5: Velynn - Always nice to see you, still beasting in teams and singles. Your rests were spot on pretty much all day
5: Bigy - Nice to meet you, birds suck.
7: Juggleguy - Thanks for driving and good placing again, you need to bring your fearlessness in friendlies to your bracket play. Your commentary was really good too
7: HIV+ - Freshman status.
9: KishPrime - Nice to meet you, gg's in pre-tourney team friendlies. Good luck to Notre Dame this season haha
9: KishSquared - Figures you guys would get the same placing lol. Nice to meet you, gg's in pre-tourney team friendlies. FC is hyyyyyype
9: Tremor - Yay we got to play :]] gg's in pools, also el oh el at dance fest
9: Gracen - Didn't get to play you but you got a shoutout in the commentary
13: Toadster - That DK.
13: Tile - Nice job in pools, I was too stubborn and wanted to uair your stomp rofl. You're a great up-and-comer
13: Weylin - gg's in pools, nice to meet you
17: Dre - I buy your Fox
17: BloodyJoker - Do better pleaaaase
17: Junglefever - get blown up in SFxT lol. We'll have to play SF sometime
17: Solo - SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT
17: GeneralHeinz - gg's in pools, nice to see you again
17: Dempt - Hilarious friendlies. I'd destRoy you with Fox hahaha
25: kd - ICYYYYYYYYYYY's

Shoutouts to random non-gamers walking in and laughing at our tournament, and then having their girl come over and ask me questions during commentary.

Shoutouts to Dempt and Juggleguy doing commentary with me. The commentary just got better and better I thought, LOTS of fun.

Shoutouts to IC's

Shoutouts to Kzhu and his challenge ROFL

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
Sucks I had to miss this, but there were like 3-4 things that happened Saturday that I had to/wanted to do and I could only choose 1 or 2 of them. Weird how that works out.

Blake, good s**t repping West MI and finally getting past that Dre hump. I knew it was only a matter of time. Losing to Dope and Shaeden is pretty legit, especially if it was really close. You'll get 'em next time.

Other West MI/Gentlemen's club: Sucks you guys had to knock each other out of bracket so much. We got to step it up.

Kalamazhu, good s**t as a fellow Peach main. Always good to see you rep her up.

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
The tourney was a lot better than I expected given that a lot of ann arbor couldn't make it.
Shoutouts:
Melee Singles
1: Shady I'll beat u next time shady.. All of your characters. Thx for teaming with me tho
2: Kalamazhu
3: Shaeden GGs Although you're probably salty about losing cus i probly got lucky somewhere in that set. But ur really good and you should play smash again. love that mango style falco.
4: Dope I feel bad for you cus i knocked u out of bracket twice.. Sorry! GGs tho
5: Velynn You're probly salty too, but GGs anyways. You old schoolers gotta come back and show new schoolers how its done.
5: Bigy Nice games in pools. You are as good as rob said you were in the car ride.
7: Juggleguy We always have really close games. But thanks for driving me to MSU and stuff it was a good decision to come.
7: HIV+ I'm sad we didn't play at all. I wanted to pay u back for SWEET 7
9: KishPrime Nice friendlies we had during the break. Ur awesome for coming to a Michigan tourney. You still got it even after 5 years. Cya at FC
9: KishSquared We played some doubles friendlies with you and Prime. You guys r really good and stuff. Cya at FC
9: Tremor Most underrated player in MI in my opinion. I was legitimately scared of losing to you early in the bracket. U'll have ur break through tourney sometime.
9: Gracen I'm pretty sure you were the sheik in my pool maybe? Anyways you were pretty good for someone i haven't heard of... pretty fast WDing and stuff. good games
13: Toadster nice games in pools! Shoulda played DK tho i never got to see it. From what i saw it was pretty legit
13: Tile You are getting pretty good for a newcomer. keep it up!
13: Weylin i don't think i know you but thx for coming
13: Blake sick falco. I saw shaeden styling on you, but then i realized that was you. pretty good man.
17: Brayden Nice friendlies u guys have really solid techskill
17: Dre i wanna MM ur game and watch with my fox sometime. I need revenge.
17: BloodyJoker GGs in teams. HIV Joker team always a good one.
17: LuigiMasterTae GGs in pools. imo you should stick to either link or luigi... keeping track of 2 low tiers is a lot of work.
17: Junglefever Ur always a good TO and u cool guy to be around. Thx for teaching me smash.
17: Solo ur a good guy for helping out with the tournament everytime. Smashfests soon
17: GeneralHeinz Keep it up ur getting better from what i saw
17: Dempt **** for coming from Ohio next time. Bring vanz next time tho. **** roy
25: SexPanther ur sexy
25: ArtificialFlavor thx for coming out
25: kd u only have 29 more days without smash! You got this chad! sooo eassy
25: KingMiles that puff. Hope you took notes from velynn

Shoutouts to Prince Abu for teaching me how to work out
Shoutouts to Top Drivers for being ****
Shoutouts to the rest of Ann Arbor for taking finals week srsly
Shoutouts to the SWEET series

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
mikey lenetia is the best peach in michigan
lol.

mikey definitely isn't a better peach, but he's probably a better player overall. no offense to kalamazhu?

shady.. that counter gimmick really ****ed with my head for some reason. hopefully i can learn from that mistake because we both know i'm better. =)

kalamazhu you didn't get lucky.. i let velynn's loss and my loss to shady get to my head.. that's more of a fault on my part than anything else. besides that the first 2 matches i played awful and then i found my focus after that.. but you legitimately beat me 5th match.. and you pulled out a comeback iirc.. so really just clutch play by you.

shout-outs to all these new people that are way better than me.

all i ever wanted out of smash was for michigan to get better because i had no competition.. now everyone is too good for me. but not for long =D

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
haha i was being sarcastic ive known kzhu is better than mikey for like a year now but every time i tried sayin it i got shot down
every michigan tournament this summer will either be won by kalamazhu or prince abu

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
1: Shady :marthmelee: :foxmelee: - Good stuff Shady. Lookin real strong.
2: Kalamazhu :peachmelee: :foxmelee: - how did you get better than all of us? good stuff Kyle
3: Shaeden :falcomelee: - Nice to see you back out. Still crazy good as usual.
4: Dope :falcomelee: :foxmelee: - lookin better and better everytime you come out.
5: Velynn :jigglypuffmelee: - Yo good stuff comin out. Bring Kail next time >:[
5: Bigy
:linkmelee: - Was very surprised to see you here. Good to see you back out here again
7: Juggleguy
- It's been awesome running these with you the last two years. You're the Midwest's best TO and I look forward to watching to see how The Big House 2 pans out.
7: HIV+ :falcomelee: - If you're still alive, you're sooooo good.
9: KishPrime :jigglypuffmelee: - I was sort of star struck when you introduced yourself haha. Thanks for coming out, I hope you guys had fun. Look forward to FC.
9: KishSquared :foxmelee: - Again, I was really surprised you both came out to this. Your fox was really tricky :[. Good stuff in bracket.
9: Tremor :sheikmelee: - You got me :[ Good games in pools
9: Gracen :sheikmelee: - Thanks for comin all the way out here.
13: Toadster
- what. DK. what. hype.
13: Tile
- Thanks for comin out :3
13: Weylin :foxmelee: - Good games in pools. didn't know who you were, took me by surprise haha.
13: Blake :falcomelee: - really good falco, good games in bracket
17: Brayden :falcomelee: - didnt get to play but thanks for comin out
17: Dre :pikachumelee:
- free
17: BloodyJoker :foxmelee: - free
17: LuigiMasterTae :linkmelee: :luigimelee: - bodied me in marvel and cross tekken :[ I'll come back at you for sure
17: Junglefever :sheikmelee: - awful
17: Solo :zeldamelee: :sheikmelee: - yo that zeldas so fierce.
17: GeneralHeinz
- Good stuff in pools, you definitely had me.
17: Dempt :falcomelee: :marthmelee: - Thanks for comin out again man. Always great to see you
25: SexPanther :foxmelee: - Didn't play you this time. Thanks for coming out
25: ArtificialFlavor :luigimelee: - Didn't play you this time either, Thanks for comin out.
25: kd
:grimer: - grime
25: KingMiles :jigglypuffmelee: - shake off that rust homie.

Velynn

Smash Journeyman
GG's everyone.

Just can't put the time into the game like I use too, so mostly just salty at my work schedule if anything.

Shaeden- You're stupid and your combo was stupid.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
This tourney. God dude. <3

I liked how I played like garbage in tourney, then out of tourney I **** everyone with Roy. Like wtf Michigan. Ill just start playing Roy at your tourneys.

Oh, I ended up staying the night in a rest stop because I took a nap there going home and when I woke up, Hurricane Melee was happening and I didn't want to drive in it lol

alcoady

Smash Ace
ok, we need to get better, i need to finish dusting off the cobb webbz, cuz i know i can beast all you fools XP

this being the case, we need to smashfest soon, i suggest we set something up sortof around the middle of michigan

I'd love to see it happen in GR or Kalamazoo, but i wouldn't be against going as far as lansing again, Chris/Andrew, lemme know what you think about havin a shin-dig at ur place

someone call me, and i will come **** on your favorite character w/ C.Falcon XDDD

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
what if we had it in ur ***?
cuz i've SEEN more the 4 guys in there before

BURN!
First he destroyed me in pools, then he destroyed the bathroom when I was going in after him, now he's destroying Kail on the boards.

WHAT WILL YOU DO NEXT, YOU SICK *******??!?

On a lighter note, Rob, you need to tell me whether you're going to PA in two weeks or not.

machinegungeek

Smash Apprentice
I've been wanting to host a Kzoo tourney for a while now. I'm just busy/lazy/need to figure out a venue. We have a Kzoo crew now, btw! Yay!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I would definitely support you guys if you're serious about running a tourney. Finding a good and affordable venue is the hard part. Go scout for one!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
It's nice to see another Kyle who plays Peach do well at a tourney! Good ****, Kalamazhu!!

:peach:

<3

I want to see how the results change with Mikey, since he's really good with :peach: too

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
this was an awesome tourney. alot of good falcos which is sweet. and good **** kzhu, i never know your peach was a falco slayer, or that you had a pocket fox.

BloodyJoker

Smash Apprentice
Shout-outs to Shaeden and Velynn. Playing friendlies with you guys in teams is always fun.
Although...mad scary

Top Bottom