• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWEET VI: Sparty's Revenge Results [2/25/12 - East Lansing, MI]

trainheartnet

Smash Rookie
Great tournament, definitely a great one to be my first.
I may have gotten destroyed by everyone there, but it was a lot of fun and i learned quite a bit.
Thanks all for being a very open and welcoming community :)

TheLake

Smash Master
midwest is soooooooooooooo groooooooooooovy :D

Ill do shout outs maybe

if im feelin frisky and naughty

ggs to everyone i kicked

sorry to those i didnt

shout outs to onnett

**** should be legal all daiiii

kd-

Smash Lord
midwest is soooooooooooooo groooooooooooovy :D

Ill do shout outs maybe

if im feelin frisky and naughty

ggs to everyone i kicked

sorry to those i didnt

shout outs to onnett

**** should be legal all daiiii
Lmfao

Kels ($260) - Absolute beast, was amazing to see that Fox, wish I coulda played it instead of that Marth! Thanks for the Fox/Falco advice

VaNz ($130) - Loved the Peach shirt haha, nice job tearing it up in bracket

Duck ($78) - Yo you shoulda made grand finals :p Good job not Chad-raging in the tourney, unlike the day before's smashfest

Shaeden ($52) - Nice to see you still going strong

Moose - GG Michigan PR, thanks for riding with me, maybe someday I'll be as good as a spacie player as you

Vudujin - You are a gentleman and a scholar, always exciting to play you

Shady - I didn't see any of your matches, but you had to play pretty strong to advance. Great job

Flip - gg's in teams

Dope - gg's in teams and singles, thanks for being such a chill dude

Velynn - Finally got to play you :] Come back to tournies

TheLake - Finally got you play you too :] Fun match to play

Juggleguy - I'm feeling a tourney win from you real soon

SilentSwag - My boy, gg's in friendlies and thanks for the advice

Kalamazhu - Don't get lazy because you play scrubs like that Chad kid

Kail - Nice job in teams, come back to tournies :o

Zinoto - Crazy awesome teaming with you, and if you keep playing melee you'll easily place better than 17th soon

Carroll - gg's in teams, didn't get to play you in singles but I bet you woulda ****ed me up like you said rofl

Butch G - This Peach is mad good, gg's in teams

Tremor - Didn't get to play but we should have, it's impossible to choke against me

roki - I hate you, but thanks for your advice. Still one of my favorite foxes. Samus free-for-alls? What/How low have we sunk to?

MegamanX - GG's in pools and friendlies wow, great play, clutch

Dre - gg's in bracket, we've had to play a lot in bracket but it's still fun, aside from the whole playing-a-bad-game part

mista sprinkles - gg's in teams, you've improved over the past month

RyeJew - Beeeeeast how have you passed me? Our games used to be close and now you just smoke me. Also, learn to order Jimmy John's correctly haha

Dempt - gg's in teams, that Marth sliced me up good

BloodyJoker - I hate you, but your dog is awesome so I guess you're tolerable. Just beat me next time

General Heinz - Didn't play, but nice to see you again

machinegungeek - gg free-for-alls

Jungle - One of these times we're gonna play and it'll be fun. Only it'll be 3s or ae2012 and not some scrubby game like melee

Artificial Flavor - gg's in pools, dunno how to play against Luigi

ChillPill - Didn't play, but it was nice talking to you

Solo - Didn't play :/ but always nice to see you

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
1: Kels ($260) - good games the night before and it was fun housing you. You ****. But I'm not losing to your pika ever again & don't play falcon, he is bad.
2: VaNz ($130) - good **** wish we got some games in
3: Duck ($78) - you destroyed me. salt. good **** on third. someday i'll perform up to par.
4: Shaeden ($52) - still got it, don't quit.
5: Moose - good MM and gg's. I'm comin for you.
5: Vudujin - your luigi is awesome
7: Shady - what happened son, need to focus on marth.
7: Flip - nice placing mr sheik
9: Dope - old school my ***. we'll practice you're shine OoS and you'll be all set.
9: Velynn - don't quit yet, I still have yet to meet you in bracket
9: BigD - it was good housing you man, had a blast at the bars. wish we played more, but who cares about this game. You guys are always welcome back.
9: TheLake - nice meeting you, didn't get to play any games but we will next time
13: Anther - dat pika
13: Juggleguy - gg's in pools and our MM. glad I got a bit of that salt out, you were on in bracket. We need to get some seriouslies in for a session soon, we could both learn from each other.
13: SilentSwag - nice job man, your sheik is a bit better than mine. Hope to change that soon. Let's beat duck ha. GG's
13: Kalamazhu - good games kzhu. I'm getting my money back next time ha.
17: Kail - I hope we meet in bracket again. GG's.
17: Zinoto
17: Carroll - nice talking to you man. we gotta get better ha. you SD like I used to....well still do. GG's other than that tho.
17: Chad -
17: Tremor - stop sucking
17: roki - gg's for a bit
17: MegamanX
25: Dre
25: Toadster - your DK made the whole world sad
25: RyeJew - wish we could have played more, you aren't bad at all for how long you've been playing. Don't stop.
25: Get Low - GG's in pools
25: Dempt - don't SD man. You gave me that set, I know you're better than that. But hey, I have the same problem.
33: BloodyJoker - you funny guy
33: Rh1thmz - gg's
33: King Miles - puff sucks but not bad son
41: LuigiMaster - ends
49: Easy - good seeing you man

I know I am forgetting a few people, GG's to everyone I played not in bracket as well.
I had a good time housing you Illinois and Ohio, always welcome back. Good seeing you Trail, Big_R, Big_D, Soap, and dope and running dem bars

@Carroll I'll be watchin your account for when those vids go up. Thanks in advance man. It was me vs Juggle, then shady and someone else got a MM in, then I believe it was me vs moose then me vs kzhu. I'm always green sheik.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
GGs to everyone I played, I'm too salty to type out personal shoutouts...

Also Carroll: I played like 4 friendlies with Juggleguy at the very end of the tournament right before everyone got kicked out. If you got them, could you either upload them or just send me the file via email?? I'll PM you my email if you got it, so let me knooow.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, Shaeden was literally the Pittsburgh slayer at this... took out Carroll, SilentSwag, TheLake, Vudujin... o_O

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Taki's the man

So I've uploaded all the doubles matches that were recorded. Now uploading matches from Vudujin's pool, then uploading the rest of singles bracket later tonight, mostly winners bracket.

All credit goes to Roki for recording and splitting the vids. He's way better than I am at getting vids done fast, lol. I'm gonna start waiving venue/entry for people who record at these tourneys, I know it's a ton of work.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Kail is still my Melee hero. But good **** to everyone in the MI melee community that I know and made it far into bracket. It looked hella stacked.

Looking at this makes me want to play Melee again, hrmmmm..........

Also, Zinoto too good.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Juggleguy, I was wondering if you could also put up or just send me the friendlies with silentswag, duck, and moose. They should be like the last things on the recording.

I had the coolest zero to death with Roy and must see it again.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Late shoutouts from a newer face!

5: Moose :falcomelee: - Bodied me in pools. Learned a lot from our set and friendlies, thanks a lot!
5: Vudujin :luigimelee: - Awesome friendlies! Thanks for playing your Luigi first, I had a lot of fun in that match! Not sure if you remember me, I left the TV pretty quickly; I was playing Falco against you before pools, I think, by a TV closer to the stairs. Your Luigi is a lot of fun to watch, too, for sure.
9: Dope :falcomelee: - Wrecked me in pools, as well. Old school or not, you made it apparent that I've definitely still got a lot to learn with Falco.
9: TheLake :zeldamelee: - Thanks for the friendlies! Don't run into a Zelda main very often, haha. It was very entertaining. That kick comes out quicker than I thought.
13: Anther :pikachumelee: - Dat pikachu. I need to watch out more for those uair gimps. Thanks for the friendlies!
13: Juggleguy :falconmelee: - Thanks for playing my Falco a few matches! And especially for the advice; gave me things to think about for SWEET VII.
17: Carroll :foxmelee: - GG's in friendlies, your Fox is definitely better than my Falco, lol. Rematch next time I see you!
17: Tremor :sheikmelee: - I've heard a lot about your Sheik, and I finally got the chance to play against her...she's pretty nasty, haha.
25: Dre :pikachumelee: - Was gonna play some friendlies, just didn't get the time to. SWEET V rematch next time.
25: Toadster :sheikmelee: - GG's in pools. I gotta brush up on that Fox matchup, haha.
25: Blake :falcomelee: - dat Falco. You played good sets against VaNz and Anther! We gotta practice up for SWEET VII!
25: mista sprinkles :drmario: - Good games in our pools set! Looks like I lost this time. Rematch next time!
33: Rh1thmz :falcomelee: - Lombardi is a pretty cool guy. eh sort jop lazur and doesn't afraid of anything.
33: King Miles :jigglypuffmelee: - Puff makes me mad, haha. I need to be more patient with Puff. I'll be wanting some rematches next time, for sure!
33: General Heinz :falconmelee: - Falcon ain't free for Falco :p I'll pull back ahead of you, padawan, if it's the last thing I do, haha
33: machinegungeek :peachmelee: - reppin' the real K-zoo Peach, haha. Time to practice for SWEET VII.
33: Jungle :foxmelee: :sheikmelee: - Didn't quite get around to friendlies with you...we should definitely fix that next time.
33: Russ :falcomelee: - I wish we had time for a rematch! I didn't quite get around to friendlies with you. Next time.
41: Artificial Flavor :luigimelee: - dat weegee. ****ing weegee.
41: Eywa :ganonmelee: - GG's in pools! Really had me worried at times with that Ganon. Really enjoyed the set.
41: Sex Panther :drmario: - everyone be stealin' that SEX tag. I still think you shoulda brought the shades, haha
49: 2.X :falconmelee: - GG's in pools. Keep practicing! The smash community can always use more players.

My apologies if any of the character icons are off; just put down what I remembered

Shoutouts to those I forgot to mention who I played friendlies with and/or gave me advice and tips, and to everyone who came for playing ****ing smash, as well.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Juggleguy, I was wondering if you could also put up or just send me the friendlies with silentswag, duck, and moose. They should be like the last things on the recording.

I don't actually have the raw footage. Roki has been sending me multiple sets through his umich webspace. He said tomorrow he'll get to the final few friendlies/MMs that happened post-tourney.

13: Juggleguy
- Thanks for playing my Falco a few matches! And especially for the advice; gave me things to think about for SWEET VII.
Yup, no problem. If you have time, take a look at this blog about "Lean Melee" written by Scar. He has some really good thoughts on how some proven business concepts are applicable for making your Smash game more efficient.

http://leanmelee.wordpress.com/

rokimomi

Smash Lord

I specifically cut out the sets that had a stagestrike right before them. I do have two matches after grand finals with a luigi which I presume are your money matches. One is vs purple samus (duck?) and one vs white falco (moose?). If you can confirm those, that'd be nice.

As for friendlies, could you tell me what the matchup was and anything else specific that would help me narrow it down via pm or something.

That goes for anyone else too.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
I played a friendly set with shady after I got destroyed by duck in tourney and was wondering if there was any possibility that it would be uploaded? I think it was recorded.. could be wrong though. ;p

I've decided to actually attempt to improve myself at this game.

good games to those that I played and stuff like that.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
Good matches to everybody I played. I think I'm getting better, and I think I know how to keep it up too, so thanks for all the practice.

Good to see the real k-zoo come out too, haha. Props to Blake for putting us on the map. Hopefully we'll have even more success at the next one.

ChillPill

Smash Rookie
Funniest freaking thing was my 2nd match of friendlies was with Kels and I got ***** so hard... *match starts and all you hear is *ching ching ching ching*
Well, I got what I wanted.(4 stocked every match). Heh! It was fun and I'm not going to stop learning. I am prescribed to not give up and I crave to get better. Everyone was very nice giving good advice.
Shouts to Vudujin, (thanx bro, representing dat swag Luigi) (pocket Ness and Doc FTW)
Vanz - You gave a lot of amazing advice and taught me many things... Thanx bro! (Young Link repz)
Sprinkles - Youuuuu rapppeee with doc
Butch G - Man you got a very gay peach and when I mean that, I mean your very good.
Zinoto - Your pretty gross with doc.
Very awesome tourny!!!
I've only been to one smash fest Lol... I have faith I can get better. (1st real tournament too. ulti Stacked lol)
Last Shoutz to RyeJew. I need to train a lot moar bro.
Add me!
You Salty? - Take a Chill pill bro? xD

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
yeah man thats how falco v marth goes. all my sets were intense at this. me v moose, me v shaeden, almost having a 4 stock comeback on kels, and that intense pool match vs that pikachu

but yeah carroll if you have time can you put me and robs mm's on there? he went falcon 4 straight times i went falcon then falco then marth then fox i think. he beats my two mains then loses to the others

random as ****

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The first three weren't recorded =( I checked and noticed during our break, and I started a new recording before you and Shaeden played, so only that last MM of me vs your Fox was recorded.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
im excited to see the results of a motivated shaeden

this was a lot of fun, i like being the only goof with 3 characters listed by his name, and absolutely needing all of them and the fox that wasnt even listed

Soloist

Smash Ace
I was going to edit my first post, but I like there untouched SAAAN!

Things that need to happen at the next SWEET:

Setups: We had a grand total of 8 setups at this tournament. That is pathetic, and I still cannot believe that we ended by like 9:30. With over 50 people in attendance, it boggles my mind that more did not deliver in this department. I mean, bringing one does shave 5 bucks off of your visit!

Name tags?: I noticed a rise in "Wait, what's your name again?" throughout the day. Since there were quite a few OoS players as well as new players who showed up, I can see why. If we get this many people next time, I think it would help to give everyone a name tag. It definitely did at The Big House.

----------

Shout outs (In alphabetical order)

BloodyJoker: We need more fests at your house so we can play pool and pet your puppy.
Dre: Why aren't you on Axe's level yet?
Duck: Just another day on the job, eradicating space pirates.
HIV+: The want will be summoned soon.
Juggleguy: I don't even know what to say about this man.
Jungle: And on this day, only a few damns were given.
Kail: You'll be back.
Kels: Is there something you're not telling us about quesadillas?
Roki: Stole my money when I was in need.
RyeJew: If you see me using the tag RARE in melee, you'll know why.
Shaeden: Zelda's kick is pretty good.
TheLake: Pink is still better than blue.
Velynn: Make sure Kail comes back.

v2.x

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, great tournament. Everyone I met was awesome, got 4-stocked a lot, saw some awesome matches. I wanted to give shoutouts to everyone in my pools, I know it was mandatory, but I appreciated the games. Shoutouts to Sprinkles, Zinoto and ShockSauce.. You guys are amazing!
Finally, I want to shoutout to ChillPill and Train for being awesome.
I'll definitely work to improve and try to make it to another Sweet.
Add me!

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, great tournament. Everyone I met was awesome, got 4-stocked a lot, saw some awesome matches. I wanted to give shoutouts to everyone in my pools, I know it was mandatory, but I appreciated the games. Shoutouts to Sprinkles, Zinoto and ShockSauce.. You guys are amazing!
Finally, I want to shoutout to ChillPill and Train for being awesome.
I'll definitely work to improve and try to make it to another Sweet.
Add me!
Speaking of no name tags, were you the Falcon I played that bunch of friendlies with before pools?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Things that need to happen at the next SWEET:

Setups: We had a grand total of 8 setups at this tournament. That is pathetic, and I still cannot believe that we ended by like 9:30. With over 50 people in attendance, it boggles my mind that more did not deliver in this department. I mean, bringing one does shave 5 bucks off of your visit!

Name tags?: I noticed a rise in "Wait, what's your name again?" throughout the day. Since there were quite a few OoS players as well as new players who showed up, I can see why. If we get this many people next time, I think it would help to give everyone a name tag. It definitely did at The Big House.
Yeah, the lack of setups was definitely disappointing. People have gotten spoiled big time by the building TVs at Mason Hall... which, by the way, we won't even be able to use at SWEET VII, because SWEET VII isn't at Mason Hall! So we need a much better setups effort at the next one. Everyone should realize that if we don't have at least 9 setups, then there is almost no time for friendlies until the very end of the day.

The nametags were fun at The Big House, but I'd need an extra staff member to commit to the nametag-writing job during registration. Where you at, Chris/Aceplayer?

Is there anything else people would like to see at future tourneys? Whatever feedback that will help improve a tourney experience, let us know, cause it's an important topic!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Commentary is 100% happening at SWEET VII. I really wanted to run commentary for SWEET VI, but the narrow venue arrangements made it nearly impossible to set that up (you'd have to be there to know what I'm talking about). The SWEET VII venue is much more spacious, so it'll be easy to arrange tables/chairs/projectors in a commentary-friendly way. Roki and I are working on it.

Doubles pools are probably never happening again, sorry. We tried it at the UM Triweeklies last summer and decided they just take way too long to finish and the eventual seeding is almost always as expected anyway. I think the current format, $5 entry per person with doubles bracket only, is fair for everyone involved... half the price, half the average playing time.

Moooose

Smash Champion
yea doubles pools are dumb

gg's everyone!
salt for vudujin and duck, ill get you guys next time
to everyone i beat...you'll get me next time =p
thanks vanz for carrying me to first
gj kels for doing it with fox

Top Bottom