• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWEET Prologue Results [January 3-4, 2015 - Ann Arbor, MI] feat. KirbyKaze, HugS, Duck, Frootloop

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium

Spartans/Wolverines
Exhibit Entertaining Tourneys

SWEET Prologue Results
Apex 2015 World Circuit Event
January 3-4, 2015
Ann Arbor, MI

Powered By:

SWEET Prologue was a great success! Huge shoutouts to my TO staff and volunteers for helping run the tournament. Calvin Lofton Chris Tai-Yi Lee Eric Horlocker Chad Paulinski Richard Yang Timofey Kondrashov Richard Feynman Josh Beach Josh Fendrick Jamille Alyssa Dave Matthew Trevor Maas Chris McCarthy

Thanks Johnathan Lugo Cristin DeSaro for the opportunity to run the Midwest Apex World Circuit event. And of course, thanks to all the 200+ players who traveled out to attend, especially Hugo Gonzalez Michael Haze from West Coast.

Melee Singles (202 entrants + $1000 Twitch pot bonus)
http://sweetprologue.challonge.com/meleesingles
1: KirbyKaze ($1200)
2: HugS ($600)
3: Duck ($450)
4: Frootloop ($300)
5: Kalamazhu ($150)
5: CRS.Chillin ($150)
7: Hanky Panky ($75)
7: MikeHAZE ($75)
9: Beach
9: Drephen
9: KJH
9: ESI.GG | Prince Abu
13: Ginger
13: LuigigoShard
13: ORLY
13: 4%
17: Anther
17: 4Serial
17: JWN | Nightmare
17: sauc3
17: Dre
17: Kason
17: NJA
17: Cave Dweller
25: Stro
25: Lucy
25: The Oak
25: Toast
25: Napkin
25: GDL | Beegs
25: Reeve
25: OU | Eggnawg
33-202: to be posted later

Smashboards Rankings:
to be posted later

Melee Doubles (42 teams)
http://sweetprologue.challonge.com/meleedoubles
1: KirbyKaze CRS.Chillin ($420)
2: Frootloop ORLY ($210)
3: Duck ESI.GG | Prince Abu ($126)
4: Drephen Hanky Panky ($84)
5: HugS MikeHaze
5: Kason sauc3
7: CTL Kalamazhu
7: KJH Beach
9: 4% (◕‿◕✿)
9: Stro Cavedweller
9: NJA Ginger
9: Toast JWN | Nightmare
13: LuigigoShard Goodin
13: Amazerommu Reeve
13: Dre Toadster
13: Hellsing The Oak
17: Radiowar Navatar
17: HoneyBaked CAM
17: Will Nexic
17: OU | kLUB OU | Eggnawg
17: FendrickLamar Russell
17: Invinceabull GDL | Beegs
17: WoK crip hood
17: JoeBigs Not JoeBigs
25: Bantler Grasshoppa
25: Egg rodohk
25: Nutsack Shark
25: Herm pazp
25: SaltySith CasualFriday
25: Gum Dirtboy
33: Zinoto THuGz (DQ'd)
33: Luxy Shabraca
33: Lain Anther (DQ'd)
33: spazsquirrle Da Crock
33: FinnilaWafer Flameon
33: FluffySheep jfgameboy
49: Stif Goonsquad (DQ'd)
49: Pinetop K V V (DQ'd)
49: Free Ganondorf Karls Jr (DQ'd)
49: Dublistic Drift (DQ'd)
49: Onslaught Necro Joe (DQ'd)
49: Chardcore Ruffian (DQ'd)

Project M Singles (64 entrants)
http://sweetprologue.challonge.com/pmsingles
1: Frootloop ($320)
2: Crs.Chillin ($160)
3: Drephen ($96)
4: 5-1 ($64)
5: Lordy
5: Anther
7: Freze
7: ESI.GG Prince Abu
9-64: to be posted later

Smashboards Rankings:
to be posted later

Payout

The following is a list of players who earned a payout in one or more event(s) at the tournament. If you're on this list, please email me at michigansmash@gmail.com and tell me your gamertag and PayPal account name so I can send over your prize winnings. I always make it a gift transaction such that there's no cut or fee taken by PayPal.

KirbyKaze ($1410 total)
HugS ($600 total)
Duck ($513 total)
Frootloop ($725 total)
CRS.Chillin ($520 total)
Kalamazhu ($150 total)
MikeHAZE ($75 total)
Hanky Panky ($117 total)
ORLY ($105 total)
ESI.GG | Prince Abu ($63 total)
Drephen ($138 total)
5-1 ($64 total)

Thank you everyone for attending! See you at another tourney soon.

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I had a blast playing Melee for the first time in a long time. The game has really changed a lot since 2012 haha.

I'm glad I managed to pull one set win in pools as well as 3 successful Ganon U-Tilt kills :ganondorfmelee:

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
This was yet another great tournament!!!

Had a lot of fun and managed to advance from pools into bracket for the first time!! Woohoo~~~! \o/
It was in part due to smaller pools and a DQ, but progress is progress!
I hope I'll be able to do it consistently sometime soon, so for now, training and more training! >:D

Last edited:

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
Are entrants fees usually higher for tournaments of this size? For having a thousand dollar pot bonus and 200 competitors these payouts look low.
Juggleguy Juggleguy How bad do you think a 20$ entrants fee would have hurt your turn out?

Last edited:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Are entrants fees usually higher for tournaments of this size? For having a thousand dollar pot bonus and 200 competitors these payouts look low.
Juggleguy Juggleguy How bad do you think a 20$ entrants fee would have hurt your turn out?
$10 entry per person has always been standard for Melee Singles. These payouts are actually the highest per entrant they've ever been at my tourneys, considering the $1K pot bonus from Twitch.

There's just no reason to raise entry fee to $20 per person. Wouldn't provide any additional value to the tourney.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
My shoutouts:"
All TO staff that helped run this tournament, definitely one of the best I've ever participated in

Cavedweller for helping me learn the peach matchup, we had some good games. Look forward to playing against you in the future.

Holland and GVSU crew for helping me practice day 2, thanks for spilling my water Nick.

Don't remember his tag, but he let me stay at his house for Day 2. Thanks Alex!

Jinjo for providing the ride day 1, and zBet for not being there to knock me out of bracket early.

Definitely the best tournament I've ever been to(Aside from TBH4). So much talent was here and it was definitely worth coming to. I was thinking before the tourney of taking a hiatus afterwards because I plateau'd pretty hard, but I definitely left that Sunday feeling like I had leveled up, and it really sparked a new drive in me to continue to compete.
I've never taken my tournament sets as seriously as I did, and never taken so much out. I really learned a lot here, was a great 1 year anniversary tournament for me.

Last edited:

4% APR

Smash Champion
Shout outs to Abu for beating me with a BS comeback then knocking over my redbull T_T

Stif

Smash Apprentice
Lol at Lain Anther plus Zinoto THuGz getting staggered DQs when they werent at the venue but me and goonsquad plus Chardcore Ruffian got insta DQed from winners and losers even though we were at the venue and losers hadn't started yet. That Jugglegrime

Every other part of the event was dope though

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Lol at Lain Anther plus Zinoto THuGz getting staggered DQs when they werent at the venue but me and goonsquad plus Chardcore Ruffian got insta DQed from winners and losers even though we were at the venue and losers hadn't started yet. That Jugglegrime

Every other part of the event was dope though
Their first-round opponents were also DQ'd, so they got a "win" and then still a DQ immediately afterwards.

Stif

Smash Apprentice
Their first-round opponents were also DQ'd, so they got a "win" and then still a DQ immediately afterwards.
No salt its not a big deal but we both know immediately is not the truth. Im really not angry though i get it being the TO sucks sometimes and so does time pressure. I just felt a little cheated.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Quick shout outs: Juggleguy for yet another great tournament. You keep Kentucky coming back. Shout out to everyone in my pool, especially 4% great stuff in our set man! Shout out to ORLY, Nightmare, Kason, Kalamazhu, Beach, and everyone I played in bracket. You guys were awesome. What a great experience. Can't wait to come back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom