• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWEET IV: Series Finale Results [12/04/10 - East Lansing, MI]

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace

Original tourney thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286110

Videos:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293183

Doubles: (17 Team Entrants)

[collapse=Doubles Bracket]
[/collapse]

1: Tink + Kels ($204.00)
2: BigO + Dart ($102.00)
3: BigR + Drephen ($34.00)
4: Vro + Velynn
5: Juke + Big D
5: BigM + Shady
7: Toadster + Dre
7: Sauc3 + JPOBS
9: Minnty + Juggleguy
9: Duck + Rat
9: Sanuzi + Riddlebox
9: Idea + Sveet
13: Hotel + Sasha
13: WeonX + Ministry
13: FlipX + Soap
13: BloodyJoker + Junglefever
17: FJW + Kai

Singles: (50 Entrants, Top 32 Bracket)
[collapse=Singles Bracket]
[/collapse]

1: Unknown522 ($200.00)
2: Kels ($100.00)
3: Drephen ($75.00)
4: Weonx ($50.00)
5: Tink ($37.50)
5: Idea ($37.50)
7: Dart
7: Velynn
9: BigD
9: Minnty
9: Sanuzi
9: Shady
13: Vro
13: Sauc3
13: BigR
13: BigK
17: Juggleguy
17: JPOBS
17: Juke
17: BigO!!!
17: BigM
17: Zeus
17: Sleaf
17: Duck
25: FlipX
25: Ministry
25: Dre
25: Rat
25: Junglefever
25: Soap
25: Riddlebox
25: BigS

Pools cut off:

33: Tr3mor
33: FJW
33: HIV+
33: Hotel
33: Mute
33: dablackpacman
33: Kai
33: M11
41: Aceplayer
41: 3Chairz
41: Toadster
41: Rabbi
41: tormath
41: Hellsinglover
41: BloodyJoker
41: Hewhosmites
49: Roki
49: Sasha

Special shout outs to Jungle for running the tournament and making sure the tournament ran as fast as possible.
Juggle for being a recording rapist.
James (I never got your tag) for setting up a live stream for this event.
Canada, Chicago and Ohio for showing up and making this event such a success.
UofM for bringing as many people as they did.

Thanks for the amazing turnout everyone.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
shoutouts:

1: Unknown522- congratz, you're amazing. fun chilling as usual
2: Kels - ggz in the friendlies we played before the tourny, those were fun and silly.
3: Drephen - nice meeting and playing you in a few friendlies, your downsmash is the stuff of legends
4: Weonx- SOOO GOOOOD. glad you finally went ooc and styled on some people im happy for you.
5: Tink- i wanted to play you in some friendlies but didnt get a chance. next time though.
5: Idea- hahah good stuff man, you did really well good for you. we still havent really played in forever though, people keep stealing you from me >_>
9: BigD- you're too good. destroyed me in both pools and crews lol. i dont know what to do. i wanted to play friendlies, next time for sure.
9: Sanuzi- nice seeing you again man as usual
9: Shady- ggs in pools
13: Vro- nice to meet you and play you for a while. ggs in bracket too you're pry good.
13: Sauc3- top placing canada team? lol get at us
17: Juggleguy- ggs dude, fun friendlies.
17: BigO!!!- really close and entertaining matches between us, both in bracket and in our MM. next time i'll get you for sure!!
17: Sleaf- good playing you after such a long time. you got a lot better than i remember, good stuff
25: FlipX- ggs in pools
25: Ministry- gah, i hate that we had to play. whatever though, hope u had fun. although we already talked about everything on the way back.
25: Rat- Your placing really doesnt do you justice. your samus is ridiculously good, just an unfortunate serious of events.
25: Junglefever- i cant remember if we played any matches. i understand that it would be tough to seed a bracket when so many people come from the same region, and they all make bracket lol. hopefully in future it goes better, we will probably make the journy again sometime.
25: Riddlebox- thanks alot for driving, i know it takes a toll on you guys staying up like that. I greatly appreciate it.

Pools cut off:

33: Tr3mor- fun friendlies, it was good times
33: FJW- ggs in pools
41: 3Chairz- ggs in pools

Sveet: wtf you didnt entre singles? or were you BigS? i wanted to play/meet you but didnt have a clue who you were lol next time mang

If i didnt mention you, its cause we didnt get a chance to play/meet unfortunately. next time fellas

Tomacawk

Smash Master
posts from tourny thread that cracked my **** up:
good **** in teams canada

oh

it's funny u say no johns when i didnt rly say anything other than i should have pulled it out.
then u mention u lost in a "joke set" way to give props and not be a hypocrite at all LOL
U should always pull it out
****. bigr needs to post more
GOOD JOB JOSH AND CHRIS. 2nd? ****. Midwest teams is really exciting, lots of up and comers. I WISH KELS WOULD LOSE GOD DAMMIT
tink why do you suck now?
next thing you know I'm gunna be beating you
also, dart outplaced bigD, interesting. did you guys play?
did dart play unknown?
5 bucks on dart

JPOBS

Smash Hero
did dart play unknown?
5 bucks on dart
he lost a $5 MM vs unknowns fox.

then won a $1 MM vs his falco.

i'd take sidebets on unknown vs anyone. free money.

marth1's quote is wack. If raynex had come, team raynford would have won.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
LMAO this post if ****ing hilarious. I think it's going to take more than just some practice to beat him unless you are somehow already good at this and i just don't know about it.
LOL, I'm semi-trolling here, if I practiced I could be good at this, I need to know what combos to what and practice some tech. I'll def prove it eventually just cuz I don't want to be just talk lol

Who's weonx o_o
Last time I saw him, he's a Falcon mainer from Canada, Ontario, not sure if he plays Falcon still.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Ally you would get destroyed playing melee.
Prove us wrong, please
you can start your career of giving us money by losing a moneymatch to my fox
no respect for you, at all. You talk so much annoying ****. There's trolling, but it needs to be in good taste. Your "trolling" is a poor excuse for your posts--they are disrespectful, ignorant, and frankly, sad. Is your avatar a picture of yourself? It looks to me like you're a narcissist, out for nothing but glory and feeding your over-inflated self importance.
Is the goal of a troll not to get laughs? Few find you funny.

zDuck

Smash Journeyman
1: Unknown522 ($200.00) - only got to play in friendlies sadly, but your mario is beast lol
2: Kels ($100.00) - copping out and going sheik >.>
3: Drephen ($75.00) - you ***** me in our MM, you're way too good at the matchup
4: Weonx ($50.00) - ggs in our MM, get some samus practice lol
5: Tink ($37.50) - i'm sooooooo close now i can feel it
5: Idea ($37.50) - ggs in our MM
7: Dart - argh we didn't get to play
7: Velynn - i don't think we played any friendlies at the tournament lol, gj placing the best out of MI
9: BigD - i want that gold dollar
9: Minnty - ggs in pools and teams
9: Sanuzi - high johns? lol
9: Shady - didn't get to play this time
13: Vro - still can't beat your falcon ;( ggs
13: Sauc3 - ggs in teams and our MM
13: BigR - uncomfortable lol
13: BigK - ARGH!!!!!!! i gotta learn this ganon
17: Juggleguy - gj taking a game off bigD
17: JPOBS - didn't get to play
17: Juke - gg in teams lol, fun times
17: BigO!!! - your secondaries > my secondaries lol
17: BigM - lol
17: Zeus - ggs in bracket
17: Sleaf - didn't get to play
17: Duck - disappointed :( and salty
25: FlipX - didn't get to play
25: Ministry - ggs in pools
25: Dre - didn't get to play
25: Rat - teams was amazing, get better soon
25: Junglefever - good **** making it out lolololol
25: Soap - didn't get to play
25: Riddlebox - didn't get to play
25: BigS - your marth is waaaaaaay better than your falco lol

Pools cut off:

33: Tr3mor - didn't get to play
33: FJW - dude you almost beat shady, good ****
33: HIV+ - gj beating toadster
33: Hotel - MI
33: dablackpacman - that link
33: Kai - MI
41: 3Chairz - MI
41: Rabbi - lol
41: BloodyJoker - lol
41: Hewhosmites - MI
49: Roki - MI
49: Sasha - MI

thanks to everyone who came, tourney was definitely fun. Wish we could've done crews though

AllyKnight

Ally you would get destroyed playing melee.
Prove us wrong, please
you can start your career of giving us money by losing a moneymatch to my fox
no respect for you, at all. You talk so much annoying ****. There's trolling, but it needs to be in good taste. Your "trolling" is a poor excuse for your posts--they are disrespectful, ignorant, and frankly, sad. Is your avatar a picture of yourself? It looks to me like you're a narcissist, out for nothing but glory and feeding your over-inflated self importance.
Is the goal of a troll not to get laughs? Few find you funny.
lol you know I skimmed through your post, it was boring to read, sorry. Keep making 10$ profit each tournament, wait no LOL I forgot you gotta pay 25$ atleast for tournament + food, keep it in the MINUS. Rofl at this keep trying to get on my 'mad' pic, gtfo kid you blow and I'll wreck you when the day comes =).

Feed it yo, Spector Gadget is not doing too well right now lmao

idea

Smash Master
Who's weonx o_o
guy from chile (which has a smash scene, apparently) who moved to canada...probably around 6 months to a year ago now. when he moved here he played marth, then it was falco, and when i asked him yesterday he said he mains fox now.

he probably just played falcon in some friendlies =P

5: Idea ($37.50) - ggs in our MM
and i can't even john that i don't have samus practice, lol. i'll get you next time =P

idea

Smash Master
hmm, haven't done shoutouts in a while...

9: Idea + Sveet - fun teaming with you =)

i guess i'll just edit out people who i didn't play...or did play, but callously forgot about in the shoutouts after the tournament.

1: Unknown522 ($200.00) - not the least bit surprised you won, GET ***** in those exactly two matches you dropped the whole tournament
2: Kels ($100.00) - fun set. i hope i don't have to play you again O_O i don't think i can do that twice lol
3: Drephen ($75.00) - fun set as well. stop fairing me before i can hit you =/
4: Weonx ($50.00) - pretty damned good for your first american tourney
5: Tink ($37.50) - probably should have played friendlies with you at some point
5: Idea ($37.50) - do that thing where you land behind their shield and uptilt, more
7: Velynn - didn't play you, but i kind of like the jiggs ditto, actually.
9: BigD - i think i only played you in crews...
9: Minnty - ggs in friendlies
9: Sanuzi - thanks for driving and stuff, as usual. dark fantasy was pretty good. especially that last song.
9: Shady - close set. i'm kind of curious why you picked fox against velynn in your set but stayed marth against me.
13: Vro - ggs in teams
13: Sauc3 - lol, now that i think of it, i'm glad we didn't run into each other in bracket. or would you have gone fox instead of jiggs? anyway, fun hanging out and such
13: BigR - kind of glad i didn't run into you in bracket =P ggs in pools
13: BigK - aside from kels, probably my closest set the whole tournament. nice ganon.
17: Juggleguy - good job running the tournament.
17: JPOBS - lol, remind me to side bet on ryan next tournament
17: BigO!!! - you were fun to play. kept talking and stuff throughout the set. lol
17: BigM - i don't know if i played you or not...if not then i guess i missed one of the bigs. lol
17: Sleaf - fun trip. you seemed kind of quieter than usual.
17: Duck - ggs in that mm
25: Ministry - get 'em next time
25: Junglefever - likewise, good job running the tournament.
25: Soap - forgot to play you at some point =(
25: Riddlebox - good job setting up a stream. you always seem to have the computer-related stuff under control =P
25: BigS - wtf, there's an S too? get more creative names midwest!

Pools cut off:

33: Tr3mor - thanks for the housing man, you guys were chill =)
33: FJW - this tag sounds familiar, so chances are...ggs in pools =P
41: Aceplayer - ggs in pools
49: Roki - ^ likewise

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The most fun (and exhausting at the same time) tourney yet. I'm glad I could play a ton of friendlies at this (more than the first three SWEETs combined) and I have Jungle/Dre to thank for that because they ran the tourney like beasts. Sorry to everyone from OoS who got eliminated by players in their own region... the way things turned out in winners made things a bit more painful than we had hoped for in losers, and it was really hard to satisfy all parties, especially with 10 people from Chicago and 9 people from Canada. Regardless, we'll try our best to continue addressing different regions for future MI tourneys.

1: Unknown522 - this makes me feel better about getting 4 stocked at APEX, haha. next time we'll drag Anther to the tourney if we have to!
2: Kels - where's Tink? ... he has to go power up to make up for his incompetent teammate ... OH NO HE DIDN'T
3: Drephen - GGs in pools, never thought I'd actually have fun playing your Sheik! help Watty escape probation so he can come next time haha
4: Weonx - I heard this is your first OoR tourney? raaaaaape, you should travel more dude
5: Tink - the most hype person as always... sorry you had to play Kels in losers quarters =\ but glad to see you again!
5: Idea - congrats on beating Kels in winners, didn't see it coming though I knew you were **** after watching you vs Hax at APEX
7: Dart - hilarious friendlies, glad you went Marth this time instead of scorp a dorp >_> really glad you could make it out to MI!
7: Velynn - good **** Andrew repping MI, and thanks a ton for the Friday friendlies, they helped tremendously. P.S. remember the quad knee =)
9: BigD - the big brother of the MW! really fun tourney set, you ***** me games 1/3... I also enjoyed watching your destruction of Canada in crews
9: Minnty - fun teaming with you man, you're the most rogue teammate I can remember playing with, haha
9: Sanuzi - awesome friendlies, but I'm convinced that you become invincible after passing 150%, haha
9: Shady - it was good to finally sit down and play friendlies for more than a couple matches... was rooting for you against
13: Vro - I still call "didn't-know-you-were-Marth" johns for that yoshi's story game, lol. can't wait for the regional next year too.
13: Sauc3 - GGs in pools, brinstar match was... regrettable to say the least, haha
13: BigR - GGs in the epic teams matches, but I disapprove of the last nickname you have for me, tsk tsk
13: Kail - scary Ganon, and thanks for the friendlies on Friday, there is no better tourney warmup than playing you and Andrew
17: Juggleguy - get *****
17: JPOBS - fun friendlies, I enjoy playing your Fox, step it up against BigD in crews though!
17: Juke - GGs in bracket, scary Fox. no longer the mystery man of the MW!
17: ORLY - WHO GOES BRINSTAR IN A MM?! hilarious matches dude, you brought the pain game 1. we definitely need to play again
17: Moose - step it up Mark, you've defeated Bigy and BigD before, so only the great BigR remains on the big hit list
17: Zeus - wish we could have gotten some friendlies in, you look fun to play and I'm glad you could make it out here to MI with the rest of IL
17: Sleaf - couldn't seem to find/meet you =( good **** traveling out here though, I hope there's a next time so we can friendly!
17: Duck - sorry about the bracket, but good **** regardless on running a train in MMs against Canada
25: FlipX - GGs in bracket, and thanks for coming out to MI once more. tell 4% and KittyMW that we miss them and they need to come back!
25: Ministry - fun friendlies, glad I could put a name to one of the people I played at APEX, haha
25: Dre - ridiculous Pika, have you been taking notes from Kels? epic low tier teams matches as well, and great job co-running the tourney
25: Rat - GGs in pools, I was rooting for you against Drephen as well... apparently you were sick, so get well soon man!
25: Junglefever - still one of my top 5 most fun people to friendly, good **** running the show, you're a beast at TOing
25: Soap - we didn't get to play this time, but you should definitely come up to MI again (before 5am lol)
25: Riddlebox - good **** on setting up a livestream. do you have the early pools matches saved?
25: Sveet - can't believe we've only played 2 friendlies ever! let's definitely play next month, watch out cause MI is coming for you guys
33: Tr3mor - I guess our proposed MM was lost amidst the OoS hype, but next time you can prepare to be $2 in debt =)
33: FJW - I heard you took Shady to game 3? you've already done something that Moose took months to accomplish!
33: HIV+ - didn't get to play, but good **** on showing up unlike a ton of other dropouts
33: Hotel - didn't get to play, heard good things though, 64 friendlies next time?
33: Mute - GGs in pools, weed Falcon is too good, I think you peaced out before playing Rat though lol
33: dablackpacman - still salty about the late friendlies, you better believe we're MMing next time
33: Kai - didn't get to play at this, but the Thursday friendlies were way too good
33: M11 - didn't get to play, your tag change mindgamed me irl when making pools lol
41: Aceplayer - good **** making it to the tourney, didn't expect to see you, thumbs up for the tourney EXP
41: 3Chairz - teach me the last month's worth of Aero and I'll train you some more, haha. (I'm dead serious)
41: Toadster - cmon Tyler, you don't go from defeating mighty Juggleguy in a friendly to not making it out of pools! let's play more next time
41: Rabbi Nevins - I keep forgetting to give you the Pinnacle device back >_> next time for sure
41: tormath - GGs in pools, I guess I really wanted that Scar combo haha
41: Hellsinglover - good to see you make it to another tourney, keep em coming cause we're definitely friendlying next time
41: BloodyJoker - worst MM ever! I'm convinced you hacked the game to get better random chars than me
41: Hewhosmites - better make an appointment with Dr. Duck for some further Samus training!
49: Roki - thanks for the pre-tourney help, hope you had fun at your first (I think) out-of-AA tourney
49: Sasha - needs moar game room training! I'll probably see you this week, haha

Kail

Smash Lord
9: Shady - close set. i'm kind of curious why you picked fox against velynn in your set but stayed marth against me.
Shady has played Velynn like the past 3 or 4 tournaments and has beaten his Marth every time while his Fox has a better record.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Amazing freaking tournament. Great TOs, smooth running, great timing, fairly balanced bracket (not ur fault kels lost).

A lot of it is a blur for me, which I will use as a john for my horrible placing. There are a bunch of people I played and met but can't remember everyone at this moment. If I forgot to put you down, it was probably a name issue (i'm so bad with names :()

Shoutouts:

Kyle, I had a great time teaming with you. We were so close to beating drephen and big r. Good job beating kels and getting fifth.
Travis, Nice to finally meet you. GGs in our friendlies. Are you coming with MI in january?
James, thanks for falco dittoing with me. It was fun. I have no idea what your smash tag is, but you have skills. Keep at it :)
That link player I played with after the tournament - I dont remember ur name but ur link is fun as hell to play against. keep coming to tourneys man!

1: Unknown522 ($200.00) - GGs in pools. Disrespect for the disrespect tho
2: Kels ($100.00) - Learn to ignore the crowd. Ur falco was doing hot, but your fox was a better bet. That or warm up the falco before hand or don't save him for the last game. Or lead with falco and switch to fox after that. Anyways, good sheet dude
4: Weonx ($50.00) - I can't even remember who you played against me, but i remember walking away from the TV after our friendlies and thinking "that guy is good".
5: Tink ($37.50) - The letter A.
7: Dart - no sleep and like 10 hours driving before the tournament and still do mad good. Props. You only lost to top 3.
7: Velynn - Nice meeting u dude. Wish we got to play
9: Sanuzi - Close set, I'll get you next time
9: Shady - We played a few friendlies at the end, ur marth is legit.
13: Sauc3 - Haha that teams MM was such a lure. Me and Rat have never teamed before lmaooo
17: Juggleguy - Holy ****, yeah i can't believe we havent played more than those 2 friendlies. I heard u making that ruckus at that one TV. I shoulda gone over and shut the crowd up ;)
17: JPOBS - Didn't meet you but was trying to find u.
17: BigO!!! - SHOW TIMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
17: BigM - lmao those friendlies at the end. you're way to good man.
17: Duck - Yeah, maybe it is. But not for long. Its not hard to get better than a character that i play horribly opposite than he should be.
25: Rat - Thanks for the housing and I blame myself for you getting sick. Hope u feel better.
25: BigS - Scrub.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
lol tomacawk gettin off on ally
Ionno, I'm confident Ally could probably do it since he's one of the top in Brawl. Either way he's done more in his game than Toma will do in his, so I don't know if Toma has any right to be talking **** LOL.

AllyKnight

its okay no need to protect me, I can play this game, I can beat Riddlebox who got 25th at this. Not saying I would place better or worst but I can def play this game without practice and beat whoever doesnt make out of pools (UNLESS its a national lmao) But I,ll practice just to beat this toma dood :O watch out I'm in the Midwest during Dec 27 - Jan 20 =D

I hate shiek falco fox though, GRRR.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I want to play you in melee Ally, just friendlies! =]

We played once in brawl when I still played...in doubles at VC5 first round doubles...we went double ike and I got off....but we still got *****...melee too good!

its okay no need to protect me, I can play this game, I can beat Riddlebox who got 25th at this. Not saying I would place better or worst but I can def play this game without practice and beat whoever doesnt make out of pools (UNLESS its a national lmao) But I,ll practice just to beat this toma dood :O watch out I'm in the Midwest during Dec 27 - Jan 20 =D

I hate shiek falco fox though, GRRR.
oh snap dog prepare for a ridiculous amount of friendlies. i mean enemylies :mad:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Ally has done more in his game--fact
we're talking about a different game--fact
I don't see how that's relevant.
Let's hype this **** up. Side bets?
I'm serious Ally. Give me your money.
What character do you play? I'll go as high as 100$ if I have the money at the time of our cash battle
And I'm pretty sure my melee accomplishments are better than Ally's melee accomplishments. Is that not what's relevant?
ALSO
zhu, you said than toma "will do in his"
way to judge my potential
without ever playing me
jerk
We met at PoE3, but you probably didn't know that. I never introduced myself.

AllyKnight

I want to play you in melee Ally, just friendlies! =]

We played once in brawl when I still played...in doubles at VC5 first round doubles...we went double ike and I got off....but we still got *****...melee too good!
lol sure wont mind.

oh snap dog prepare for a ridiculous amount of friendlies. i mean enemylies :mad:
I unno going to SSIS4 and not really going to tourneys that has melee unless there's a setup. I'll be in Kalamazoo though or Mount Morris ^^

Ally has done more in his game--fact
we're talking about a different game--fact
I don't see how that's relevant.
Let's hype this **** up. Side bets?
I'm serious Ally. Give me your money.
What character do you play? I'll go as high as 100$ if I have the money at the time of our cash battle
And I'm pretty sure my melee accomplishments are better than Ally's melee accomplishments. Is that not what's relevant?
ALSO
zhu, you said than toma "will do in his"
way to judge my potential
without ever playing me
jerk
We met at PoE3, but you probably didn't know that. I never introduced myself.
Alright let's do 5000$ MM, coming from your pocket.

LOL. I'm not going to bet 100$ on a game I don't ever play, I'll put 5$ for effort though so win and enjoy free food teehee, better not lose though I will seriously cry if you do.

I never got far in Melee cuz I always get DQ for being busy playing other stuff. I've beaten Lain at some random tournament and made out pools everytime I entered (3 tournies) lmao but get DQ right after (Lost to Raynex round 1 once in Canada then got dqed. The rest, I lost to Shieks.

And Zhu wasn't talking about my Melee accomplishments so obviously you have better accomplishment LMAO unless you're that stupid. ;)

Top Bottom