• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swapping Fox & Falco's Up-B

Greenme23 ( Turkey )

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverLightAngel
Hello! I was recently messing around with the Crazy Hand Character Editor, and I wanted to change moves. In particular, wanting to change Fox's up-b to Falco's up-b and vice versa to see my results. However, I tried looking through everything, and I found no differences in any of their code except for Bone, which Falco's was 39 and Fox's was 41.
Does anyone know what I have to do to change Fox's up-b to be like Falco's up-b?

The Cape

Smash Master
- UpB Attributes:

- Something with distance? Frames before slowing down?: 6 > 2

- Speed of travel/ distance traveled: 3.8 > 4.2

- Max Momentum to Stop at: 0.1 > 0.114

These are Fox's Character Specific Attributes from NTSC to PAL, so it's possible to look at these same values for both characters and swap them.

Greenme23 ( Turkey )

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverLightAngel
- UpB Attributes:

These are Fox's Character Specific Attributes from NTSC to PAL, so it's possible to look at these same values for both characters and swap them.
Which part of the moveset attributes part is it on?

Greenme23 ( Turkey )

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverLightAngel
- UpB Attributes:

I forgot to say my reason why. In the specific character attributes for fox, I didn't find a Up-b Attributes section.

Greenme23 ( Turkey )

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverLightAngel
- UpB Attributes:

Oh, I found it, I just had to refresh it. Thanks a ton!

Greenme23 ( Turkey )

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverLightAngel
I got it. But now I have another problem. When I tried to load the ISO, It would work fine, but after 15 seconds of gameplay in training mode, no matter what I did, the game would always reset to a black screen, or in any case crash. I haven't tried Melee mode yet, but I believe it will do the same thing. Is there any fix to this? This was actually happening before when I tried to make Ganondorf's attributes almost identical to Captain Falcon's.

Greenme23 ( Turkey )

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverLightAngel
Maybe the values cannot be swapped that closely. Do any of them say integer only values? Radians?
Nope. None of them say either.

At least from what my screen showed me for the things to change

If you need bigger insite, I turned off fullscreen so I could see the error message. It showed: "intCPU: Unknown Instruction 08000000 at PC = 80007040 last_PC = 81200cf0 LR = 80008214 "

Last edited by a moderator:

jjhoho

Smash Rookie
Hey, what type of iso are you modding? Crazy Hand has problems with 20xx 4.05 for instance (or rather the other way around i think). Changing simple attributes like this shouldn't cause your game to crash, so it's possible something else went wrong as well.

Greenme23 ( Turkey )

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverLightAngel
Hey, what type of iso are you modding? Crazy Hand has problems with 20xx 4.05 for instance (or rather the other way around i think). Changing simple attributes like this shouldn't cause your game to crash, so it's possible something else went wrong as well.
Nope, Having the problem again. Apparently it didn't fix itself. I am using Dolphin 5.0, and a confirmed not corrupted or broken in any way ROM.

jjhoho

Smash Rookie
Nope, Having the problem again. Apparently it didn't fix itself. I am using Dolphin 5.0, and a confirmed not corrupted or broken in any way ROM.
hmm, can you take a screenshot of your fox character specific values page? or any other pages you edited. you could also have gecko codes that aren't supposed to be enabled enabled, or honestly a host of other issues. I always keep a backup iso/make changes to a copy of my current iso to check that they won't ruin it before pushing to the real one. this game is a mess lol

Greenme23 ( Turkey )

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverLightAngel
hmm, can you take a screenshot of your fox character specific values page? or any other pages you edited. you could also have gecko codes that aren't supposed to be enabled enabled, or honestly a host of other issues. I always keep a backup iso/make changes to a copy of my current iso to check that they won't ruin it before pushing to the real one. this game is a mess lol
I do have a ton of gecko codes on. Want me to try to turn some off before sending screenshots? Another thing, will the characters stay unlocked when I take off the cheat to " unlock all characters "?

Ok, scratch that, despite me taking off all mods and everything, and turning off gecko codes. Without any modding done, this crash still occurs. Let me make a video on my channel as soon as I am able to change it completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom