• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Even though this sounds insane, I would like to see their take on a sniper rifle modeled directly after the Super Scope.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Precision Syndicate, a gun manufacturing company. The producer made this custom gun for a friend, so you would probably have to befriend one of the employees to get your own premium Zapper.
Ah dang that sucks.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Speaking of guns.
Enter the Gungeon.
Get it.
If for no other reason than the glorious writing.

One of the guns you can get is just a lower case r that shoots out the word B U L L E T

The description?

"The letter r looks like a gun.
It is rare, but not unheard of, for abstract concepts to take gun form when discussed near the Gungeon."

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
SmashBoards was the last place I'd expect to find arguments about politics, gun laws, and the likes.

Is news so slow we ran out of things to talk about?
To be honest, discussions about all sorts is common in the off-topic nonsense threads like this one. Not just on Smashboards, but anywhere.

I mean, I've discussed abortion on a Spyro the Dragon/Skylanders forum before. For example.

And yes, news is very much out. We're pretty much in dry season until E3. Not just Nintendo fans, but Kingdom Hearts fans, Sonic fans, and all sorts of fanbases.

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Coming across this thread, I've seen people post their MBTI and political compass results, might just as well post mine.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned that humans are bio-luminescent but it's so weak our eyes can't see it

Edit: I just found out ALL creatures are, to a degree, bio-luminescent so it makes it a bit less special...

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...and_fire_emblem_titles_when_the_time_is_right

We are always thinking about the next iteration of Advance Wars and Fire Emblem. We can't reveal any of those details tonight, but when the time is right we will.
Huh? I never knew this was a thing.

This was from E3 2014 which really wasn't a whole long time ago. Hitoshi Yamagami stated that Intelligent Systems is always thinking about Fire Emblem and Advance Wars and that both series would be announced when the time was right. FE Fates would end up being revealed about 7 months after this interview so that gives me hope that Advance Wars 5 is going to happen very soon. Maybe they didn't start working on AW5 until they were finished working on Fates so that could mean they're going to reveal AW5 at this year's E3. It's not a sure thing but it's still shows that AW isn't dead as some might think it is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

I can see where you're coming from, but it's rather subjective. Because, again, it doesn't objectively affect the quality of the books. It wasn't added into it, because it didn't need to.

Because really, it's a small trait to Dumbledore.(A huge number of characters aren't to shown to have a sexuality of any kind, now that I think about it.) He just happens to like men, just like people happen to cake. Though some people are more expressive and passionate about cake then others....~
Also, I rushed this post out because I was cut off. I have two things to add.

Something something adding traits outside of the story is unfornately very common something something.(Especially for gay characters, like Ash Crimson and Kung Jin.)

And something something Zoroarking's chocolate cake is EO.

D

Deleted member

Can we talk about something less serious? Like how Sacred Stones has the best bosses in the series
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1459948733724.png
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1459948739968.png
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1459948745941.png

Top 10 Battles in Anime
And something something Zoroarking's chocolate cake is EO.
How am I subtle about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

^I meant quite the opposite, actually. :p

Also, darn it, I should have not clicked on that spoiler.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So after some reminiscing about past video games, what are some dormant series/games that you wish were still around or wish there was a remake of these days?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So after some reminiscing about past video games, what are some dormant series/games that you wish were still around or wish there was a remake of these days?
Banjo-Kazooie
Conker
Crash Bandicoot
Classic Spyro/Legend of Spyro
NiGHTs

Also Rodea: The Sky Soldier will most likely become this, so I guess I just hope for a sequel to quell my fears.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still want to play the second NiGHTS game.

When it was released on the wii, I wanted it! But I didn't have the money back then

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

Why? Because he's just that great and one of the few Aussie video game stars out there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still want to play the second NiGHTS game.

When it was released on the wii, I wanted it! But I didn't have the money back then
I managed to get a copy two years ago. However, the disc was scratched and so I couldn't play through Helen's story, only Will's.

It is really good though, I don't know why people say it's underwhelming. I found it to do exactly what a sequel should do, just expanding on what the original established. Maybe other people didn't play with the Classic Controller, because I played it with that and found it controlled fine.

D

Deleted member

Did you never finish SS? You had a Joshua avi recently so you must have at least played it, right?
I am. But I haven't gotten THAT far yet. But far enough to where I know what's going on in that pic.

I would've probably beat the game already though if drama didn't happen last week to make me depressed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So the only Chibi-Robo! that didn't get released in English ("Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Ōsōji!" for Nintendo DS) finally got a fan translation.

I still want to play the original GameCube game, but I ain't paying for what eBay is asking for.

D

Deleted member

Classic-style Castlevania
Crash Bandicoot
Darkstalkers
F-Zero
Jak and Daxter
The Last Story
Mega Man
Metal Gear Rising

2D Metroid
NiGHTS
Spyro
(non-Skylanders)
Virtua Fighter

I realize that some of these sequels have little to no chance of happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hmmm...Does Metroid still count as dormant despite the upcoming spin-off title?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently the democrats have "Super Delegates" that can vote for whoever they want regardless of what people voted for

That seems like it's going against he spirit of "representing the people"

Where one candidate can have the people's votes, but not win the state

Crash Bandicoot
Spyro isn't dormant but I want a game in the old style
Jak and Daxter
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Kid Icarus :troll:
Wonderful 101 (We can assume it's dead)
Half Life
Jet Set Radio (haven't played it yet even though I own it but it looks cool and so is the music)
Star Ward Battlefront
Star Wars Republic Commando
Batallion Wars
Elite Beat Agents( PLEASE)
And these are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .Alright, I need a refresher.

How many more days until we can expect a CoroCoro leak to drop, again?

Not that it'll necessarily have anything in it considering what tends to happen whenever a fandom anticipates anything from an event, but I need something to keep an eye on.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
This a thousand times. Amusement Vision really outdid themselves with the installments that they worked on.

A full Nintendo X Namco X Capcom X SEGA game would be awesome. Oddly enough, Only Ryu and Lucina are playable in both.
I really need a proper Nintendo/Namco/Capcom/SEGA all-star game (Preferably a Smash-esque game or racing game)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Was the pun intended? :laugh:

:231:
Well you smoked me to making a joke!
SmashBoards was the last place I'd expect to find arguments about politics, gun laws, and the likes.

Is news so slow we ran out of things to talk about?
Why are still arguing over Dumbledore again?

This is now the second day we're arguing over this.
this is what happens when coro Coro doesn't leak!
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...and_fire_emblem_titles_when_the_time_is_right

Huh? I never knew this was a thing.

This was from E3 2014 which really wasn't a whole long time ago. Hitoshi Yamagami stated that Intelligent Systems is always thinking about Fire Emblem and Advance Wars and that both series would be announced when the time was right. FE Fates would end up being revealed about 7 months after this interview so that gives me hope that Advance Wars 5 is going to happen very soon. Maybe they didn't start working on AW5 until they were finished working on Fates so that could mean they're going to reveal AW5 at this year's E3. It's not a sure thing but it's still shows that AW isn't dead as some might think it is.
Advance Wars as an NX launch title could be the most amazing thing ever!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
. . .Alright, I need a refresher.

How many more days until we can expect a CoroCoro leak to drop, again?

Not that it'll necessarily have anything in it considering what tends to happen whenever a fandom anticipates anything from an event, but I need something to keep an eye on.
CoroCoro leaks tend to drop around the 12th or 13th of every month, so we'll definitely hear news very soon.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
They didn't go 'OHMIGAWD WORLD CHANGING NOOS' like thy usually do when hyping up new stuff, so don't expect much
Yeah, I'm ready for that. Heck, I'm even ready for the scenario where they show off only the starters, the new player trainers, and box art then show very few stuff and say "What does this even mean" like how many first-month-of-scans usually go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom