• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This was a thing? (who am I kidding every paring exists)

Did people really think they were just going to slap a gay main character into star wars?
Zebei. One of the few things there are infinite of is stupidity. Exhibit A: Idiots whining about movies not being as they want it. See also Kotaku whining about no women in 'Praivet Ryan'
That site seems familiar... Where have I heard of it before...?

That's when I checked out that link and saw typical SJW rhetoric. How amusing.
'Samus is a transwoman, deal with it'
Remember now?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is it just me or are people trying really hard to get any sort of non heterosexual romance in their favorite films?

Now I get wanting more sexualities to be shown in popular media. But stuff like this, when people just try really hard to force it, is annoying to me.
As a bisexual transwoman I really couldn't give a **** about sexualities being more progressive in movies

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Zebei. One of the few things there are infinite of is stupidity. Exhibit A: Idiots whining about movies not being as they want it. See also Kotaku whining about no women in 'Praivet Ryan'

'Samus is a transwoman, deal with it'
Remember now?
Obviously they should have inserted scenes of woman back home into the movie that would have added nothing to the plot and have a B plot of them worrying about the men. BUT, being strong and confident regardless of that/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just saw it on my Facebook and thought you guys would find it interesting since we talked about it.

Jeez, I didn't know about the site's reputation.

D

Deleted member

I just saw it on my Facebook and thought you guys would find it interesting since we talked about it.

Jeez, I didn't know about the site's reputation.
Well, I mean, they call themselves The Mary Sue for a reason....

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Finn and Poe had a really fun and interesting relationship in Force Awakens, I want to see more of them together in Episode 8.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Argos have Mega Yarn Yoshi for €34.99 which is a lot cheaper than most places.

I decided to jump on it and it will be ready by Monday at the latest. I'm also hoping Shovel Knight is sold here tomorrow.

Hopefully I can get a lift to pick this stuff up as I'd really rather not go outside again with this flu...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As a bisexual transwoman I really couldn't give a **** about sexualities being more progressive in movies
It's already happened in general anyway. Plus, why does it need to be made special? They're normal like everybody else. Making a big deal out of it is the problem in many ways.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's already happened in general anyway. Plus, why does it need to be made special? They're normal like everybody else. Making a big deal out of it is the problem in many ways.
Eh, anything other than heterosexual relationships definitely has not really become normalised in TV/movies.

Nobody is asking for it to be made special. The fact they're rarely portrayed in a serious context is what's making them stand out to begin with.

D

Deleted member

If there's one thing I learned from this thread I learned from this thread, it's either that
1. You guys are the most "normal" people on the internet. :p

2. I'm much stranger of a person than I thought I was.

Though it's 99.999999% likely that it's the second option. :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's a click bait article, guys.

And guess what?

You clicked it.

Ironic how the only way to talk about these horrible articles is to give the horrible writer money.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait, the Wii U version is being cancelled? Or am I just misreading this? As I really want to play as Luddy in an event that isn't Table Tennis.
A lot of people were making the assumption that the Wii U version was cancelled simply because neither Nintendo or SEGA have said a word about it since it's reveal. Only the 3DS version.

But if the Arcade version is coming to the West then I think this basically flat out says there is nothing to worry about.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
A lot of people were making the assumption that the Wii U version was cancelled simply because neither Nintendo or SEGA have said a word about it since it's reveal. Only the 3DS version.

But if the Arcade version is coming to the West then I think this basically flat out says there is nothing to worry about.
Oh, whew, now I have nothing to worry about! :4ludwig:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Looking at the Mario & Sonic cast again, I find it hilarious how Jet and Wave are there but not Storm. Charmy is probably gonna be doing referee stuff, and the Deadly Six will be... who cares. So Storm really doesn't have much of anyone left.

I want an ask blog featuring Storm and his lonely adventures while literally everyone and their alternate dimension selves got to go but he didn't.

Last edited:
If there's one thing I learned from this thread I learned from this thread, it's either that
1. You guys are the most "normal" people on the internet. :p

2. I'm much stranger of a person than I thought I was.

Though it's 99.999999% likely that it's the second option. :p
>Nintenzone
>Normal

pick one

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@PushDustIn's front page post has reminded me of why this community will never be unified.
Blame mob mentality.

I've given up on the so-called "community" long ago.

This thread is basically the only reason I'm still on this forum. It's almost like a safe haven, even though we have some heated debates from time to time.

Shroob

Sup?
Blame mob mentality.

I've given up on the so-called "community" long ago.

This thread is basically the only reason I'm still on this forum. It's almost like a safe haven, even though we have some heated debates from time to time.
This is exactly how I feel. If this thread didn't exist, I wouldn't be here anymore. The final Smash Direct spawned soo much hate when it should be a time of celebrating another game in the franchise.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Looking at the Mario & Sonic cast again, I find it hilarious how Jet and Wave are there but not Storm. Charmy is probably gonna be doing referee stuff, and the Deadly Six will be... who cares. So Storm really doesn't have much of anyone left.

I want an ask blog featuring Storm and his lonely adventures while literally everyone and their alternate dimension selves got to go but he didn't.
It's nothing compared to there being only 4 out of 7 Koopalings. Larry, Ludwig, Wendy, and Roy but no Iggy, Morton, or the best Koopaling?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really don't get couples

For some reason, I get a lot of couples where one of them carries the ID's and info for both of them

So, I had this one customer where his ID was left in the car

So he was like, to his wife "Why did you leave my ID in the car"

Then the made her go out and get it

If I was with a girl, I'd keep my own ID in my wallet

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wouldn't leave this place if this thread wasn't here, but I've certainly been more active in this thread than I have many other social threads as of late, the reasons for this vary.

Heated debates and arguments are inevitable in any community so long as people will at least disagree on something, strongly or otherwise. I cannot deny this forum has seen quite a lot of unjustified hate towards both Sakurai and other developers as well as each other for countless different reasons, but I do feel that it's been a lot worse in the past, and that, in the long run, most people will have their own ways of moving past such things anyway.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Noragami anime OST is plain awesome, despite the recent controversy surrounding it.

I really don't get couples

For some reason, I get a lot of couples where one of them carries the ID's and info for both of them

So, I had this one customer where his ID was left in the car

So he was like, to his wife "Why did you leave my ID in the car"

Then the made her go out and get it

If I was with a girl, I'd keep my own ID in my wallet
Wow, that's... really stupid.

Do people even know how to look after their own stuff? Just because they love each other, it doesn't mean they have to do everything for one another. :ohwell:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Dagashi Kashi is airing and no one told me?? I need my fill of purple haired candy lady.

oh my god

are we the same person

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I decided to check out what all the commotion regarding the front page article was...

Great, these fries are now ruined because of waaaaaaaaaaay too much salt.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So I just beat Shantae and the Pirate's Curse today. The game was short but sweet, just like Risky's Revenge.

Shall I try out Shovel Knight next?

D

Deleted member

I come back after slaying the Great Dragon
What was supposed to be the strongest of the Elemental Dragons got humiliated by being fully bound and blinded by a little girl and then ***** by spamming Ice skills and a Jar thatcdealt around 17000 damage
Now my level cap is maxed out and only two bosses remain for me to defeat
Who's the inexplicable person who plays Ma--

OH SWEET GOD.
TURN IT BACK AROUND.

EVEN IF PIT ACTUALLY WORKS SO WELL FOR MAKO.
OH MY GOD
Pit!Mako is the best thing ever
I need more of it
MORE
O
R
E
Guys.
Guys.
Real talk.
Smash La Smash.

We already got our Ragyo.

This was Ragyo's concept art.
We already have Genderbent Ryuko too :4shulk:
So there's Smash X JoJo and Smash X Kill La Kill, I know there's a Smash X DBZ somewhere as well but all those animu crossovers.

Just waiting on that eventual OPM X Smash Bros for that bandwagon effect
I just wonder who Mumen Rider would be

Last edited by a moderator:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
There's more here than one would expect. :p

Do you mean to say that there are more trans people with Aspergers that want to be tall, nerdy, promiscuous sass queens? Who like banter-based film and television, fighting games, Nintendo, pastel and hip-hop/prog rock?

And I wasn't invited to this group?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So I just beat Shantae and the Pirate's Curse today. The game was short but sweet, just like Risky's Revenge.

Shall I try out Shovel Knight next?
Yes, I haven't beat it yet, but it's a really fun game.

Speaking of Butt Butt, now that I play his game, I'm actually kind of upset we didn't get a Mii Fighter outfit.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Is a curious villager curious?

The same answer applies to both questions. ;)
After the whole Shovel Knight hubbub from last year, this curious villager is curious alright. :4villagerf:

Yes, I haven't beat it yet, but it's a really fun game.

Speaking of Butt Butt, now that I play his game, I'm actually kind of upset we didn't get a Mii Fighter outfit.
Alrighty, guess I'll give the game a go too sometime soon. ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom