• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swallowcide- What you should already know

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Same here, but hey, nothing was ever really gained w/out hard work and a bit of failure. :) Speaking about tourneys, I just went to one yesterday and during friendlies I was playing Kirby and I kept swallowciding ppl, probably cuz they'd never seen a decent Kirby before. :p

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Wow, he just went wild with the rolling after that 1st stock. :p Didn't realize that this was PAL until I saw Kirby meteor cancel Marth's dair. Did you read the top comments? Entar0adum-"ice pleaseee punish those rolls next time, they were so obvious after a while" AJPanton-"That's what his friends told him. He just had no idea how. Also he was totally mindgamed by Hack also giving him advice =)."

:Tally Hoes

Banned via Administration
Try dding near the edge or ys and roll back when you predict a move and up throw its too good. Marth's biggest issue is he lacks a move that he can throw out a lot that lasts fairly long. Like if his jab/ f tilt lasted 5 frames longer would be so much more useful

But if marth predicts you then you just don't roll and make him nervous being at roll range where you could counter whatever or f tilt

:phone:

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
So, because Kirby does not spit out the opponent when jumping, would it be possible to just mash jump forever as you're falling down? I mean of course this wouldn't work well for the 1-framers, unless you mess stupid fast, but for the 7,6, and 3 framers, wouldn't it work pretty well, and make it much easier cause you don't have to time the jump.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I may or may not have discovered something about how swallowciding works and why you can SD Cancel against a 0-framer. Not sure if it's new info though.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
In theory, you shouldn't be able to SD Cancel vs "zero framers" since both Kirby and the victim SD on the same frame. The only answer I've ever come to is that "zero frames" is sort of a misnomer since it should be called "less than 1 frame". The game is actually running on a timer that is faster than 1/60th of a second -- it's running on milliseconds at the least. Therefore there could be a point where Kirby's input to jump is executed before the victim gets KO'd. If so, we're talking faster-than-a-frame input speed here.

Top Bottom