• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swallow Who and Steal Their SOOUUL!!!

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
This is basically a thread about inhale and copying. In past games, Kirby's copy wasn't too useful in competitive. After all, the moves weren't made for Kirby, so didn't fit him well, and Inhale is very useful in and of itself.

So, my question to the Kirby Community: Do you guys see any neutral Bs that you'd like to copy for the matchup? I understand that it still will probably just be a gimmick again, but any chance we might actually use it practically this time?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I heard they are translating characters into Kirby Copy abilities from the games (I HEARD). so I would guess for example (meaning everything I say after this will be pure speculation) Mario/Luigi/Charazard/Ness = Fire Lucario/C. Falcon = Fighter Squirtle = Water Ivy = Leaf Lucas = Ice Diddy/Donkey = Animal (this is a real power up from squeak squad)

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
I heard they are translating characters into Kirby Copy abilities from the games (I HEARD). so I would guess for example (meaning everything I say after this will be pure speculation) Mario/Luigi/Charazard/Ness = Fire Lucario/C. Falcon = Fighter Squirtle = Water Ivy = Leaf Lucas = Ice Diddy/Donkey = Animal (this is a real power up from squeak squad)
If this is true, I think that, while it may take away from the charm of the gimmick a bit, it will defenitley add to actual utility, as the moves would be made specifically for Kirby (heck, they'd be made specifically FOR certain matchups).

Still I'd miss my Kirby going: FALCON PAUUUNCH!!!!!

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I was watching a vgboot camp stream of 3.0 on twitch last night and I remember a match with Charizard vs Kirby, Kirby's inhale still copied Charizards b-move, so I'm going to assume that Kirby 's neutral b will still be copying the abilities of the other characters example Mario= fire ball, Link= boomerang arrows (Edit: my bad I was playing smash 64 when I posted this lol), Wario= bite, Cpt.Falcon = falcon punch, etc

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
this should fix that
That is awesome.

@I3thargy That could still work, although the question of Ivy and Lucas has come up for it in another thread. Apparently, Warchamp said in the AMA that there were generic copy abilities, the question is will all be generic, or just a certain few? Or will they find a way to make Lucas and Ivy work? I know I'm up for Kirby using Solarbeam. :chuckle:

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
That is awesome.

@I3thargy That could still work, although the question of Ivy and Lucas has come up for it in another thread. Apparently, Warchamp said in the AMA that there were generic copy abilities, the question is will all be generic, or just a certain few? Or will they find a way to make Lucas and Ivy work? I know I'm up for Kirby using Solarbeam. :chuckle:
yeah that Psi offense up Kirby sounds like it could have been pretty interesting to see lol
but yeah I'm pretty sure for Lucas Kirby will shoot out psi freeze like Lucas does now, and for Ivysaur Kirby will use Ivy's new bullet seed

Rizner

Smash Ace
The stream looked like regular b rawl moves are used in the copies. I'd say a handful are worth it, but as always kinda situational. I usually won't use it if possible

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
I'd say a handful are worth it, but as always kinda situational.
The first useful ones that come to my mind would be spacies lasers (good, all around pressuring, and usually tacks on a bit of damage), Mario's fireballs (pressure, damage, some sort of good projectile), and of course, the Falcon and Ganon punches (for trolling :chuckle:).

Rizner

Smash Ace
The first useful ones that come to my mind would be spacies lasers (good, all around pressuring, and usually tacks on a bit of damage), Mario's fireballs (pressure, damage, some sort of good projectile), and of course, the Falcon and Ganon punches (for trolling :chuckle:).
I'd imagine falco lasers, mk nado, possibly olimar if like in brawl it is always stronger than his, maybe Mewtwo, and pit arrows. Also a ton when it comes to doubles

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
I'd imagine falco lasers, mk nado, possibly olimar if like in brawl it is always stronger than his, maybe Mewtwo, and pit arrows. Also a ton when it comes to doubles
OHMIGOD, Mach Tornado!!! That would be awesome! Combined with the sideways cutter, Kirby's recovery has went from really good, to absolutely insane.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
That sounds neat. Lucas's neutral B woulda been nice to have tho. I mean come on, who doesn't like to do this
?

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I was about to make a topic for Kirbys copy abilities, but I guess this works instead hrm? I main Kirby and I love putting in the copy ability into my playstyle, I was thinking of suggesting Kirby gets some different abilities instead of all Neutral B, like Kirby does for Mewtwo and also fixes I think some moves might need, like inhaling does 10% and you have a frame of invincibility after swallowing for example, so here's my list. Overall I think Kirby should get at least a buffed version of their neutral B if nothing else, even if it's 2% more than his opponent.

Mario : Marios fireball does 8%, but because Kirby is lower down it doesn't bounce as far, it should do 10% to compensate for the shorter distance it has
Luigi : Unlike Kirbys Mario ability, Kirbys Luigi shoots further, so it should do 8% (as opposed to Luigis 7%)
Peach : Reduce lag, that's all it really needs.
Bowser : Currently it doesn't run out, but also it doesn't bite like when Bowser does it point blank, I'm kinda mixed with this, I think it's fine not running out.
Yoshi : Needs more reach, it's like the hitbox wasn't put in properly, as you can face away and still eat them.
Wario : It's the same as Brawls one, as it's not like Warios, it kinda fits into Kirbys moveset, fine as it is.
DK : I haven't really used DK, I think it should/is the same as PMs DK one and is fine the way it is if it is.
Diddy : Kirby shoots too high to reliably use it, also the overcharge does no damage at all, lower how high Kirby shoots and it should be fine
Link : It's the same as Brawls, slow and terrible, move it to PMs
Toon Link : Is also the same as Brawls, fire only hits when it's on the ground as well.
Zelda : laggy and small, I recommend changing it to PMs and also increasing the size of the diamond.
Sheik : I think it's the same as Brawls, I haven't tested this one.
Ganondorf : Fine the way it is.
Samus : It's the same as Brawls, can't be charged in the air, not sure about damage, it just needs to be able to be air charged if anything.
Z.Suit Samus : Fully charged Laser doesn't last as long as Z.Suits does (thanks @Marthmario )
Kirby : Nothing, obviously.
MetaKnight : Keeps the Brawl one, lasts for ages, I don't think this is a good thing personally.
King DeDeDe : Absolutely useless, might as well just spit out yourself, I recommend raising the damage so it's at least worth the hassle of getting the ability.
Fox : While I personally would want Foxes shine, that might mess up the matchup, so lasers are fine
Falco : one of my favourites, I kinda wish it did slightly more damage though, as landing projectile hits on Falco can be tricky.
Wolf : The only thing I think should be done here is give the Melee damage from the gun a bit more damage, Kirbys got small enough arms as it is, I don't think it actually even connects. Also the projectile doesn't go the same distance as Wolfs.
Pikachu : It's the same as Brawls, should be PMs.
Jigglypuff : Would rest work? I don't think so, Pound would be a better choice personally.
Mewtwo: It's fine as is.
Squirtle : It's the same as Brawls in every terrible way, once you hit B you're locked into charging, that's terrible, if anything remove the locked to charging on press.
Ivysaur : Kinda missing the healing, else it's a one use one toss.
Charizard : You can't aim it for some reason.
Lucario : I guess one of these abilities needs that aura charge.
Captain Falcon : Fine as is, but good luck landing a hit with this.
Ness : It's the same as Brawls iirc, it also just dissipaters when it hits the ground or a fall-through platform
Lucas : Doesn't stun nor does it go as far, euck...
Ice Climbers : This really irritates me, current one is terrible, it's tiny, slow and barely does the same damage as ice climbers, I would change it to the Down B instead.
Marth : The only thing stopping Kirby is the range, you'll almost never land this.
Roy : It builds to max charge faster than Roys.
Ike : Blue fire, yes.
Mr Game & Watch : It flips out stuff faster than G&Ws, so thats a plus in my book
Pit: More Damage please, Pit flies all over the place, else controlling the arrow is the same as controlling Pits
Olimer : Same as PMs, with the problem that Kirbys Pikmin don't latch on when thrown.
ROB : Fine as is.
Sonic : Exactly the same as Brawls and actually puts you in a dangerous position if you land a hit with this.
Snake : Can't roll grenades.

All in all, Kirbys copy ability should at least be a slightly buffed version of the opponent he's copying, even if it's slightly faster or slightly more damage.~~~

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I made an official list about this, check it out and feel free to leave feedback. Also ask away if you want to know why the list is the way it is. Im totally open for input. I might even make a whole list on why they are that way.

Top Bottom