• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Surprises Are a Good Thing

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
I was already going to ban myself from the Smash World after the Japanese release until I feel I unlocked everyone I could by myself (within reason). Unfortunately, that includes avoiding on-line battles too.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
just curious...are you the "NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOOOUUUUURRRRRR" kid?

coz that video was awesome.
Uh, no I can't take credit for that, if you are referring to me.

And yes, knowing the roster wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I didn't know how I was going to get them. But I do want that one character to just magically appear without knowing.

I am not touching that Corocoro article (sorry buddy who wrote it) at least not until I have the game. I hear you though, when the Japan release comes, it's going to be tough.

I'll be playing a lot of FF XII to kill the time during those 2 weeks. Seriously need to finish that game asap...

I was already going to ban myself from the Smash World after the Japanese release until I feel I unlocked everyone I could by myself (within reason). Unfortunately, that includes avoiding on-line battles too.
Yeah, I can live with a few days of not going online to battle. I mean, what, we played Melee for 6 years with no online. I think I can play Brawl for a few days without it too.

And I would just like to say it seems like I swayed more people than I thought. Feels kind of good inside!

D

Deleted member

Trouble is, I'm going to have to wait ages for Brawl anyway.

So eventually I'm gonna be spoiled one way or another...

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
And I would just like to say it seems like I swayed more people than I thought. Feels kind of good inside!
of course you did, it's a fair cop and well worded, the whole christmas metaphor is great! i remember one christmas i accidentally saw, and it just wasn't the same, i can just imagine the characters climbing out of a little box on screen and i just shove 'em aside because i know already.

i still need more gags though... turns out there's more gamers in this state than i thought.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
That was a nice story :)

Although truth be told I don't really mind spoilers, so I'll probably stick around here after the Japanese release. When the game comes out on the US though, I'll probably dissappear from here.

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
Well, I will be importing my copy, so from January 24th to when it arrives (Japanese copy), I will probably not look up any Smash sites.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I've been planning on staying away fom the boards by the time the Japanese release it. Now that I think about it, if any of these million "leaks" are true, I should probably leave them right now...

hmm...

Well, this is my last post for the boards til the game is in my own hands. You didn't sway me sir, I've been on your side already, but you definetly gave the extra push I needed to stay away for a little while.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
^ ^ yeah thats what I think too. I'd rather be surprised than know all of it. I remember when I was playing Melee for the first time, ahh. . .those were the days. Going to miss those updates, its REALLY going to be hard staying away from the info though. . .Good luck all ^ ~

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
Beautiful

I like people like you. You know how to enjoy things to their absolute fullest, and encourage others to do the same. I already planned on isolating myself starting January 23, and after reading this I am only more absolute in my resolve to uncover Brawl's biggest secrets by myself. Afterwards, it'd be nice to have a bige nice discussion about the awesomeness of it all.

My first post. Sweet:laugh:

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I like people like you. You know how to enjoy things to their absolute fullest, and encourage others to do the same. I already planned on isolating myself starting January 23, and after reading this I am only more absolute in my resolve to uncover Brawl's biggest secrets by myself. Afterwards, it'd be nice to have a bige nice discussion about the awesomeness of it all.

My first post. Sweet:laugh:
it is
and brawl is just awesome and every one wants it

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
This is very good advice, although I am not going to follow it. In Melee I had most characters accidentally spoiled for me already and I was just as excited I was about seeing a character my friend had as I was when I saw the "WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!". I am not going to spoil everything, (SSE FYI) but I will see who I'm going to play as. Besides, I'd just be torturing myself to walk away from Smash for a while after all of this and finally the motherload shown to the world. It's just impossible to miss.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
yeah so exciting.

i love knowing what chraactesr are coming so i know what to expect and get all excited over them haha.
but the SSE is a secret, duno anything about it. :p

WOOT

AinSophAur1361

Smash Rookie
yeah i thought about doing that for a hot minute. but then everyone told me the character list was out.

ill refrain from looking at anything else though, i swear lol.

Top Bottom