• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Surprises Are a Good Thing

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Brawl could be the ultimate surprise - if you let it be.

Christmas morning.
By the time you are 12 years old you do not expect any surprises. You know Santa Claus stopped coming to your house because you told that younger sibling Santa doesn't exist but there really is a monster in his closet, keeping him scared to death every night.
So you mosey on downstairs, slow and easy, figuring you know exactly what you are getting. When you get to the tree though, there are two huge presents which make you wonder. Stepping slowly toward them, you wonder who they are for.

When you look at the tag you see it is for you

Link to original post: [drupal=417]Surprises Are a Good Thing[/drupal]

courte

Smash Lord
Tear to my eye

Exactly how I feel, only in my rabid fandom, i plan to ban myself from the net from Jan. 24 until Feb 11. Wish me Good Luck.

HAGANE FOR BRAWL!!

Maruku

Smash Cadet
WEST Tijuana BC Mexico(Right Next to California)
i had planed the same thing, to abandon the internet or any other place that could spoil anything from brawl that we don't already now

but i just had started to doubt if i could make it or if it was worth it

you my friend have inspired me in to not giving up and fully experience the awesomeness that will be brawl and all of its suprises

thanks man

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I am going to try and avoid information, however I will try and find images of characters such as Ganondorf or the Sonic Villain (Robotnik or Metal Sonic).

Chriso2989

Smash Rookie
Meh I'm English. No ****ing way am I waiting six more months to find this stuff out.

Bottles98

Smash Cadet
In my opinion, spoilers are a good thing for me. ;) I'm finding out every hidden character that I possibly can as soon as it's possible to.

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
i agree wholeheartedly, in fact, the main reason i go to Dojo even is to avoid my brother or my friends leaking/lying secrets to me. if only i could figure a way of preventing that from happening...

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
i support and agree. im gonna stay away from here and try to resist info. i want to be suprised when playing sse and event mode, and find out i unlocked someone. the first thing ill probqbly do is beat classic mode to see if i unlock jiggly tho, lol.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I would keep myself away from certain info.

Except I'm an Aussie, so I'll probably just look at most of the information I come across.. Who knows how long we'll have to wait.

:034:

Smash Hero
I would love to be suprised like that.

But by the time we get it it's WAY past the American release. Am I going to have lock myself off the internet until a certain date (that we don't even KNOW yet)? I don't want to do that.

Not A Naruto Wannabe

Smash Apprentice
I got my N64 on Christmas too! ah, those were the days...

As for banning myself from the internet? for what is it 10, 15 days?
I could stay off of the boards that long but then i might be playing some online game and someone say
OMG EVERYONE (X) IS IN BRAWL!!!!!!1

Gonna be a hard several weeks. :ohwell:

Pikamander2

Smash Rookie
Stupid school....I won't even be able to play Brawl when I get it.

I guess waiting won't be a problem for me.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
I wish you had told me about that before yesterday's update. But yeah, once that date rolls around, I'm leaving for a while. Now, if I can somehow sneak my Wii to school.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
You make a great point, and have changed my mind completely. Me and my brother will try our hardest to not go on the internet after January 23rd.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Yes, this was only for the American readers. There is no way I could hold on if I was in Europe or Australia either. 4/5 months is just way too long.

I don't really mind learning about Olimar since nothing has been released yet. He just felt that was worth telling us now I guess. Though this week has been crazy in terms of updates.

I probably will stop looking at the Dojo when the Japan release comes out though. He might just start spilling everything. My guess is there are still 12 characters (giving us 36) to learn about.

Keep on giving me feedback, meanwhile I'll think of something new to write about.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Argh!! I hate living in UK >.< I would SO do this if it was out here soon :(

I'm only going to find out the characters. Everything else I'll keep secret for myself, as long as it's not on the Dojo.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
If you can't figure out how to unlock Mega Man (please be there, please be there!), and you think you've tried everything, then go to boards. I'm sure Gimpyfish or Youko or that random Japanese kid that has stayed awake 60 hours straight playing the game figured it out for us.
I think we need a spoiler-less "how to unlock everything". It would be a list of things to do to unlock things, but without telling what it unlocks.
It would look like this :

• Beat SSE with Mario
  • Beat BTT with all starting characters
  • Win 10 matches online

The only thing that could be precised is the type of the unlockable (Character, Stage, Mode...)

Spot4

Smash Rookie
I'm a little torn, myself. I'd really like to know what's in the game, but I'm going to do my best to avoid finding out everything from the boards here. I figure, if it's on the Dojo, it's fair game. Otherwise, I'm not going out of my way to check out every last roster!

I do really like the idea of a spoiler-free unlockable list, though. That's pretty cool.

courte

Smash Lord
i feel bad for you high school kids, that's why i'm glad to be in college although i will tell you something about my high school daze

played smash 1 period a day sophmore year
played smash 2 periods a day junior year
played smash 3-4 periods a day senior year

how you ask?? we had this thing called the senior lounge lol me being generous during some of my periods, lunch and gym both of which were located right next to the lounge, i'd rent it out to the seniors and they'd let me chill with them and play as well. it was a chill place only seniors could go to or grant permission. if you had a free period or lunch you could go there to talk chill sit on the sofa, watch tv, play games etc. it helped that most of them were fans of mario kart, smash 64 and other 64 games, aside from halo... [gruel]

as the years went on we gamers had pretty much taken it over with two tv's it was usually melee on one and smash64/mario kart/halo/something else on the others... it got so bad people requested we give one tv up in the morning when theres 30 minutes of gaming before class starts--we were taking away from the sports fans time... add a woozy alternating schedule come senior year and i;m smashing before school, at the beginning, during the middle, at the end and even after school... good times...

and i had to save my allowance for just about 2 1/2 years just to buy my own n64 that was 2.50 a week... including withdrawals for birthdays fathers mothers day and etc... that was a terrible child hood. i bought banjo kazooie as my first game, and my little brother the genius picked up diddy kong a multi player game we could all enjoy... good times trying to beat the taj elephant genie b@stard and find that **** rooster lol

/end childhood rant

Falco_Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Um... yeah. I'm already planning to do this... And I'm not using any spoiler-free unlockable guide either. I'll figure it out for myself.

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
I love the idea, and I wish I could do it. But the one time I wish I didn't have friends who will blab everything out (Shadow of the Colussus ending got spoiled to me >:O) So unfortuntely, i'm going to be hearing what's in it...and how to do it..and the plot to subspace....GRRR!!!

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I want to know is THE roster. not how to get it, but just the roster.

foxtrotblues

Smash Rookie
I don't think Sakurai will spill everything in Dojo. Also, in the same vein that I didn't beat Melee due to school and all that, I probably won't beat Brawl. So Dojo is a good thing. (And by the way, to tell you how much time i CAN play video games...it took me NINE YEARS to beat adventure 1 on DKR. Not the Nintendo DS version though, That I beat within a week. But I'm getting off topic.)

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
didn't convince me. I'm spoiling myself. I can assure you that I wouldn't get such a feeling now; or essentially wouldn't be the same thing from looking at the final roster through the Internet.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
thank you! I was going to spoil the entire roster, but you have just opened my eyes, i am going to check the dojo 2morro, but then, i will not check it until brawl. So farewell forums, i will still be around, just not as much until brawl. Thank you for saving me, i would have regreted spoiling the entire roster...

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
thank you! I was going to spoil the entire roster, but you have just opened my eyes, i am going to check the dojo 2morro, but then, i will not check it until brawl. So farewell forums, i will still be around, just not as much until brawl. Thank you for saving me, i would have regreted spoiling the entire roster...
Aye, I have found new inspiration to this as well! (I tried to abstain from character updates before, but when the game was delayed, I just started checking everything.)

Farewell to all of you, and remember, my fellow Mega man and Wind Waker Link supporters... I will be with you in spirit rejoicing when their updates appear on the DOJO.

Please wish me well, and welcome me back in a month! (Well, I'll be around this weekend I guess. And I may send out spies to see if it's clear for a visit from time to time.)

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Yes, this was only for the American readers. There is no way I could hold on if I was in Europe or Australia either. 4/5 months is just way too long.

I don't really mind learning about Olimar since nothing has been released yet. He just felt that was worth telling us now I guess. Though this week has been crazy in terms of updates.

I probably will stop looking at the Dojo when the Japan release comes out though. He might just start spilling everything. My guess is there are still 12 characters (giving us 36) to learn about.

Keep on giving me feedback, meanwhile I'll think of something new to write about.
i don't care how hard it gets! i'm convinced, if i have to gag my friends, my brother and the entire gaming community of the state, i will, i am NOT having this spoiled, especially because Sakurai reckons he's putting all/most of the characters in SSE.

Top Bottom