• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Support Thread] - Spore Creature for Smash! - Life Finds a Way!

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet

Hey, everyone. This is a brainstorm and support thread for a character that I have never really seen suggested before, and that’s an EA rep, namely Spore.

EA is known as one of the most evil companies out there and it’d be pretty nuts to see it in Smash somehow. The perfect way to do this I believe would be a Spore rep.

Why Spore? And what is it?

Spore is a 2008 strategy/stimulation game made by Sims creator Will Wright. It’s totally unique, and you create and evolve alien creatures through 5 stages: Cell stage, Creature stage, Tribal stage, Civilization stage, and Space stage.

During its early development Spore was a much more realistic and scientifically accurate game than it ended up being. There was gore, more stages, and a different art style. The game was extremely hyped before release.

However, due to EA’s intervention the game was made much more kiddy and family friendly. Gameplay was oversimplified, the art style was made much more cartoony, and the extra stages were completely removed. This was done simply so it would sell more.

Spore, however, was still enjoyed by a giant number of people upon release, and to this day has a cult following. It formed a special part of many people’s childhoods who are now young adults. Spore had many spinoffs too, most of which were released on Nintendo consoles: Spore Creatures DS, Spore Hero, and Spore Hero Arena.

Spore deserves to represent EA in Smash as it is a symbol of EA as well as its infamy. It’s a great game that was ruined by EA pre-release, but still managed to create something special in many players’ lives.

So, here’s my idea for how this fighter would work:

Fighter: Creature

Creature would be based off of Oogie, a primitive creature from Spore and Spore Creatures DS. It’s a sluglike little alien, and so its walking animations would involve him crawling along the ground like a worm.

Other potential names for Creature include Oogie and Sporeling.

But, the running animation would feature Oogie growing a pair of legs and running around, which then recede back into his body afterwards.

This is Oogie’s main mechanic. He evolves for all of his moves.

Neutral Attacks:

The Creature would grow a pair of arms to grab/punch the opponent, and would use a primitive carnivore mouth (modelled after the Jaw from Cell Stage) to bite. This could work as his down tilt as well.

Aerial attacks could use a variety of parts; The bat wings could work for an up aerial similar to Banjo & Kazooie’s, and a down air could use something inventive like extra-long legs shooting downwards out of Creature and meteor-KOing players below.

Tilt attacks would use more parts. Creature biting while lunging downwards could be a great down tilt as previously mentioned. Other options could involve utilization of the Chieftain’s Staff from Tribal Stage; Creature could jab it upwards and forwards in an angled side and up tilt.

Special Attacks:

Creature would grow different parts depending on the move. He would grow a spit part on his tail end for a Neutral Special, or would grow the Casso-weary wings for an up special. Side Special could be Charge, and down special could perhaps be Strike or something different, like laying an Egg. These would all include growing corresponding parts.

Many of these parts can be found here for those of you who aren’t familiar with Creature stage parts in Spore.

Final Smash:

Creature’s Final Smash could stem from a variety of sources. It could include summoning Steve and the Staff of Life, summoning the Sea Monster to eat all opponents, summoning a Monolith, or perhaps using the Planet Buster.

My personal favorite idea would be called Black Hole. It would involve Creature creating a Black Hole and sucking players in. This would then be a reference to the boot-up screen, where there is a “supernova” and various artworks of creatures spiral out. This could also include the “llamas” from the wormhole at the center of the galaxy at the end of Space Stage.

Taunts/Victory Screen:

Creature would obviously use Sing, Charge, or Pose for taunts.

Creature’s victory animations could involve using the Pose taunt, growing a bigger brain, and throwing the Chieftain’s Staff up in the air like during the end of Creature Stage.

Additionally, Creature’s Boxing Ring nickname could be “Galactic God”.

Stage:

A Spore stage has a ton of potential. It could involve flying around the Spore galaxy, or perhaps a planet as it matures through all 5 stages.

Music:

Spore music is pretty tricky, as a lot of it is licensed music. However, other EA properties could be included for music, such as The Sims, which was also made by Spore creator Will Wright. Some Spore music is even directly taken from The Sims games.

Meanwhile, I’ve compiled a list of music:

Anyways, I really hope this suggestion makes sense. I’d love to see Spore finally done right and immortalized. Thank you for your support.

Support:

Here’s an old GameFAQS thread I made. People seemed to actually really like the idea of Spore in Smash. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78214569?page=2

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I support this. I never really thought about this, but it excites me. It's something that has briefly crossed my mind a couple times. I love Spore. It's a charming game that has a lot of potential for a creature design, moveset, and stage. Even though it's very unlikely, if Spore made it into Smash, that would be a dream come true.

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
I support this. I never really thought about this, but it excites me. It's something that has briefly crossed my mind a couple times. I love Spore. It's a charming game that has a lot of potential for a creature design, moveset, and stage. Even though it's very unlikely, if Spore made it into Smash, that would be a dream come true.
Thank you so much for your support! I grew up with Spore and although I’ve never thought of it for Smash, it’s something that actually could gain support. Spore’s a franchise that was mistreated by its owners, and there’s a chance that us the fans can “avenge” it in a way.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm supporting Spore for Smash.^-^
I love playing that game, and this would be cool.
Willosaur_2.png

My choice for a Spore rep would be Willosaur. (It's the mascot of the game.)
For it's Classic Mode boss, it would be an Epic Creature or either the Grox themselves.

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
I'm supporting Spore for Smash.^-^
I love playing that game, and this would be cool.
View attachment 255522
My choice for a Spore rep would be Willosaur. (It's the mascot of the game.)
For it's Classic Mode boss, it would be an Epic Creature or either the Grox themselves.
Thank you so much for your support!!!

Yeah, I actually thought of the Wilosaur as a Spore rep, but the problem is that the Wilosaur was never actually in the final game of Spore. It was a test creature that Will Wright made to demonstrate the beta of Spore during E3.

There is a Maxis creation called Tripod Nuevo or something like that, and it’s a “final game version” of the Wilosaur, but other than that the Wilosaur isn’t technically a valid videogame character.

Plus, I kinda decided that a dynamically evolving Creature would best represent Spore, and so I think basing it off of Oogie would work best. Tripod Nuevo could still be a Spirit though.

Speaking of, Creature’s alternate colors should be based off of the color presets in Paint mode (brown and green, yellow and orange, cyan and light yellow).

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Thank you so much for your support!!!

Yeah, I actually thought of the Wilosaur as a Spore rep, but the problem is that the Wilosaur was never actually in the final game of Spore. It was a test creature that Will Wright made to demonstrate the beta of Spore during E3.

There is a Maxis creation called Tripod Nuevo or something like that, and it’s a “final game version” of the Wilosaur, but other than that the Wilosaur isn’t technically a valid videogame character.

Plus, I kinda decided that a dynamically evolving Creature would best represent Spore, and so I think basing it off of Oogie would work best. Tripod Nuevo could still be a Spirit though.

Speaking of, Creature’s alternate colors should be based off of the color presets in Paint mode (brown and green, yellow and orange, cyan and light yellow).
Hmm, that's okay, I don't mind. (The idea of a fighter morphing with different body parts would be cool, for example it's down smash could be swinging a spiky tail around.)

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
Hmm, that's okay, I don't mind. (The idea of a fighter morphing with different body parts would be cool, for example it's down smash could be swinging a spiky tail around.)
Yeah, that’s exactly what I was thinking!

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
Thanks, also did you like my idea for it's Classic Mode boss fight?
Yeah! I like the idea of an “Epic Creature” boss battle. I think the route itself should be based on the 5 stages, with the first battle being Cell Stage and you fighting against Kirby, Inkling, and Jigglypuff on Electroplankton. Next would be Creature, then Tribal, then Civ, then Space.

And yeah, a giant Epic as a boss would be sick. But I think the Grox would be absolutely excellent as a boss. Maybe have them be the Space Animals in red alts? I have no clue.

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
I’ve come across a video brainstorming ideas for Spore in Smash, and it seems the video’s creator and I have come across some of the same ideas. I’m linking the video right here. Please give it a look!

And I think you’re gonna like this, Mamboo07 Mamboo07 . He uses the Willosaur as an example, lol :D

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I’ve come across a video brainstorming ideas for Spore in Smash, and it seems the video’s creator and I have come across some of the same ideas. I’m linking the video right here. Please give it a look!

And I think you’re gonna like this, Mamboo07 Mamboo07 . He uses the Willosaur as an example, lol :D
Watched the video, it was awesome. If I made up my own pretend Smash game, I would add a newcomer to rep Spore. It's funny that me and this guy who made the video had the same idea. (Both using Willosaur as a Spore rep.)
Thanks Doc.^-^

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
Watched the video, it was awesome. If I made up my own pretend Smash game, I would add a newcomer to rep Spore. It's funny that me and this guy who made the video had the same idea. (Both using Willosaur as a Spore rep.)
Thanks Doc.^-^
No problem. Yeah, it’s pretty funny!

yoshibytoto

Smash Rookie
I was thinking a feature that randomizes a creature for you to play as,1-4 legs ,2-4 arms,randomized patterns,3-5 of each abilitys including taunts as sing,dance,charm and pose,and also randomized flair too.and it gives a random character name to display during the battle but for the reveal and menus its spore creature.

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
I was thinking a feature that randomizes a creature for you to play as,1-4 legs ,2-4 arms,randomized patterns,3-5 of each abilitys including taunts as sing,dance,charm and pose,and also randomized flair too.and it gives a random character name to display during the battle but for the reveal and menus its spore creature.
Oh, that’s pretty awesome! I like that idea!

Top Bottom