• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support the New Nebulous Venue Fundraiser!

For years, Nebulous Games has provided a venue that has brought the New York City Smash community together like never before. Beforehand, the NYC community was in disarray - NYC Smashers were scattered all across the area, with no unified meeting point for them to come together and play Smash. But with the help of some of the area's Smashers they found a great venue for NYC - Nebulous.

Nebulous has been the place to go for NYC Smashers for many years

The venue's tournaments quickly rose in popularity, and Nebulous quickly became a second home for many NYC Smashers. Nebulous became bigger and bigger, moving locations to accommodate the NYC scene's rapid growth. This year, Nebulous hosted their third tournament in their "Super Nebulous" series. Super Nebulous 3 was a huge success - the tournament brought the best players from not only the US, but from across the world. The tournament had over 200 entrants and was the biggest tournament Nebulous ever hosted.

Lucky and Cactuar facing off at Super Nebulous 3

However, unfortunate circumstances caused Nebulous Gaming to be displaced from its location. This left the NYC scene once again with a main tournament venue.

Now, the Nebulous team has found a new venue in the heart of Manhattan - and they need help! The team needs $8000 for the initial deposit of the location so Nebulous can be reborn. To help out, go to their Indiegogo page, where almost $6000 has been raised in 6 hours. There are even rewards for donating, such as free venue fees for Nebulous, and training with NYC's top Melee/Smash 4/Project M players such as Hax, The Moon, DJ Nintendo, John Numbers, and DarkBlues.

Learn more about the Nebulous fundraiser in their official campaign video.
Keep in mind that an initiative like this will surely be a challenge - venue crowdfunding hasn't always had great success. Last year, SoCal's Super Arcade held a similar crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter. While they got the required funding, so errors occurred that has left the arcade without a location to this day. Hopefully, Nebulous does not end up they same way.

Pokemon64ism wishes the best for the NYC scene as they fundraise for their new venue. You can follow him on Twitter @ pokemon64ism pokemon64ism .

Comments

please, please donate if you can guys
living in new york city is like a damnation and a blessing: its a great place to be in and theres so much to do, but exactly 0% of it is related to smash in any way

I'm so happy to see this kind of support on the front page! Thank you for helping spread the word. Nebulous was once synonymous for the home of NY Smash players until unfortunate circumstances rendered it out of commission. If you've ever been to a tournament, watched a stream, or know how hard it is to keep a venue up and running, then please help bring life back to a place I've long lost.

This was a hub for some of my favorite people in the community and now we have a chance to reunite. We'd be immensely grateful for everyone's contributions. Thanks again.

<3

:093:

Last edited:
wish there was a large thing like this in my area of the states. unfortunate where I'm at is in the middle of nowhere on the Panhandle of Florida, and almost nobody ever heard of the city listed on my profile... very envious of you guys in New York...

wish there was a large thing like this in my area of the states. unfortunate where I'm at is in the middle of nowhere on the Panhandle of Florida, and almost nobody ever heard of the city listed on my profile... very envious of you guys in New York...
Same thing here where I live in Ontario Canada, Hope this gets funded though because anything to help smash is good in my mind.

Never heard about Nebulous, cause i dunno. ( I live in Argentina, where the economy is a disaster and not so much people plays Smash or has a 3DS/Wii U/Wii/GC/N64 )

Don't mean to nitpick, things like this just catch my eye.
But:"However, unfortunate circumstances caused Nebulous Gaming to be displaced from its location. This left the NYC scene once again with a main tournament venue."

I'm assuming you meant "WITHOUT a main tournament venue?"

On topic tho, it sucks that NYC doesn't have a main venue anymore :/ I hope it turns out well for our fellow smashers there :)

I wish you guys the best! It's always a honor to help out! This is honestly one of the reasons why I love the Smash community so much. As long as we put our heads together we can make anything happen!

This is a really great opportunity here, and I hope this gets the money it needs to be up and running again. I'll definitely donate if I can and I'll inform my smash loving friends on this too. Hope this works out!

Top Bottom