• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SuperGirlKels Releases Smash Bros. Ultimate Kirby Analysis

sgk.jpg

Kelsy “SuperGirlKels” Medeiros has released a new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Kirby analysis video. Her video features Kirby gameplay from the Ultimate demo, as well as her thoughts on Kirby’s changes from Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

Many of Kirby’s changes were simply buffs to his basic abilities. Kirby’s movement speed, including his dash and air movement, is quicker in Ultimate than in Smash Wii U. His up-tilt and down-smash ranges have increased, and the first hit of his neutral attack can jab-lock opponents again (a trait returning from Super Smash Bros. Brawl).

Several of Kirby’s abilities received even bigger changes in Ultimate. His dash attack has reverted to his Super Smash Bros. Melee-era “burning” attack, but with improved damage and startup time. The move can no longer send Kirby off the stage and cannot be SDI’d by the opponent. Kirby’s Inhale ability has also improved, allowing him to inhale any projectile instead of just other characters. Smaller projectiles are automatically swallowed to heal Kirby, while larger projectiles can be spat out to attack his opponents.

SuperGirlKels notes that Kirby’s Ultimate improvements help with his weaknesses from Smash Wii U, including his poor ranged options and a lack of safe approach tools. She states that Ultimate Kirby “feels like a mix of Brawl and Smash 4,” and that he now possesses “great combo potential” with his improved tools. Overall, she is happy with Kirby’s improvements and is excited to see how he will perform in the competitive metagame.

More of SuperGirlKels’ videos and live-streams, including Ultimate demo content, can be found on her YouTube and Twitch channels.

Author’s note: What do you think of Kirby’s improvements in Ultimate? Will they raise him from his low-tier standing in Smash 4? Let us know in the comments below!

Sapharodon

Comments

Kirby honestly felt like one of the most underrated characters (in terms of views from top players) from the e3 demo. A lot of his weaknesses are getting addressed in this game.

That's cool and all but can we suicide with our back throws and get no benefit out of it?
Fortunately no. Additionally, Kirbycides with Inhale will now always KO opponents before Kirby now (which makes it similar to Ganonciding in this game).

Certainly looks better than before - my pink puff's finally getting tuffer!

Loving the implied things of Sm4sh's best and Brawl's best of Kirby molding together along with faster speed and new tricks in his Inhal. And they finally brought back my personally preferred dash attack for him!

I do really hope the Hammer's enough buffed to be even viable as a move, quite annoys me they didn't revert it still back to it's old but more practical and faster Hammer Bash-self.

Last edited:
no offense but why do all smashboards writers seem like the last guy id ever wanna play in friendlies. like after two games theyd go pichu and just **** around and obnoxiously laugh the whole time

no offense but why do all smashboards writers seem like the last guy id ever wanna play in friendlies. like after two games theyd go pichu and just **** around and obnoxiously laugh the whole time
i'm like the biggest casual you'll ever meet my favorite stage is mute city (melee) ;-;

What gives you that impression? I play both casually and compeitively

Nor do I like using Pikachu or Pichu.

Top Bottom