• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Trump Punch (Plus Tips on how to practice it)

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Just wanted to remind Ultimate Mario players that this Tech is still in, and is actually stronger than ever.

BUT with the ledge magnet changed, it's also notably harder to pull off. I didn't have to practice it at all in smash 4, and after the first few weeks I had a 100% success rate with it.

In ultimate though, without practice it was damn near 0%

In 4, all you had to do was runoff and b-reverse SJP. In ultimate, there's a much smaller window to auto-snap. Requiring you to kill the momentum you ran offstage with much sooner.

There are two ways to do this:

1: You can Mash your stick out in direction of ledge, directly back, then up for SJP input

2: You can Mash your stick out, and then center your control stick a bit, around when crossing the ledge, before hitting up for SJP.

Personally, I find the second method easier since it's more like 2.5 inputs rather than 3.

When you practice, I suggest you go to 75m Omega so you can easily look for the stars around mario when he does this right. As improper timings will not give you the hitbox, just the ledge snap.

Edit: Important:

If you're already on the very lip of the stage, it's MUCH easier to simply walk off and b-reverse upb. Running gives you the initial dash momentum and I don't even know if it's possible to snap after that with the hitbox.

I definitely believe this to be a very powerful tool for Mario, worth practicing for any serious players.

Edit2: Also important to note that some omegas have different lips than actual FD and other legal stages. on 75m omega the coin hitbox doesn't combo into bair but on real FD it does.

Last edited:
Top Bottom