• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super-tornado

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure Luigi has a super tornado rising down-b from the ground.

Move as if attempting to wavedash face-first off a platform, and if you execute down+b on the exact frame he would otherwise enter teeter animation, you get a mash-rise correlation similar to that of Mario or Doc, off the ground.
FINAL EDIT: Super-tornado confirmed. What it is is you can do much easier rising tornado off the ground 64-style if you do it from the extreme furthest possible point over the ledge without falling. can do it from ducking as well, you should be ducking with like one buttcheek off the platform. mash b... and you flyin *****. <3 this game.

triple final edit: I forgot, you have to mash down+b then immediately aim the control stick away in the direction you want to travel. otherwise you fail. will do vids when have chance.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
Double post, since I think I deserve it.
You can execute the super tornado uncharged.
Is that all there is to discover about this move? Remember the last hitbox at his feet in the air is a pretty good meteor smoosh, so maybe this will be some kind of effective edgeguard... anyway try it out, don't call me out on this cause I've tested it ad nauseam and I know it works, if you can't do it you're just a scrub.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
I have no means of recording video. Read my posts and check out my thread in the melee general forum. try it yourself in training mode at 1/4 speed. scro.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Confirmed. You get a "super-tornado" by falling through a platform first. I dont pay Luigi much and decided to test it, and it works.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
what I'm talking about does not involve falling through a platform but can be accomplished while ducking on a platform, only on the farthest possible point towards Luigi's front side, as I said.

As evidence: it can be executed on the main platform of Dreamland through which you can not duck.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
you can get a full rise, about the height of Luigi's full jump, with 7 or 8 button presses. Basically you have to be teetering/crouching on the very edge, press down+b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b and on the second "b" move the stick either straight left or straight right, which ever direction is "away" from the ledge.

smakis

Smash Ace
guessing it wasn't completly unknown, doesn't work in pal (unless I'm failing horribly, and judging from the video above I'm not =P), the charging thing in the other thread does work though

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
I really want to see this flying tornado spike implemented in tournament, people will start viscously seizing.

Perfect Luigi Game:
stock 1: taunt gimp at low percent
stock 2: flying tornado spike (surprise)
stock 3: combo ending in Ping
stock 4: bubbled snipe explosion

lets make it happen weegys.

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone gotten around to successfully implementing this into their game?

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Yeah i love this technique! Using this move to attack pplz trying to get back on the stage. Just thought of that now. Will try to implement this in other ways.

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice
My guess is that since you start on the ground, it counts as charging it. It should work on any ledge, platform or not. It also works facing away from the ledge and could have some edge guarding capabilities by facing the middle of the stage, and tornadoing slow enough to just hover then grab the ledge. Not sure how practical it is, but the thought crossed my mind while messing around earlier today. Try it out and let us know if you have any success.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Top Bottom