• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Star

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
We all know that Kirby Super Star is arguably the greatest Kirby game ever made and we all also know that it was created by Sakurai. What I would like to see is a single player mode with different story modes and some mini-games especially ones that change up some of the mechanics in one way or another. A couple connected stories would be cool as well as some thing like the Great Cave Offensive would be awesome where you can change characters at certain points and collect treasures along the way.

A mode like Milky Way Wishes would be awesome as well where you can change characters at will after you find their trophies (Would only unlock after all characters were unlocked). Would it be broken as all get out? Heck yeah it would be but it'd be fun just like MWW was.

Gourmet Race would be a lot of fun as well with branching paths and stuff to make slower characters more viable. The slower characters also tend to be bigger so it'd be easier to collect food as well.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'm not sure we can all know that anything is arguably the greatest anything, judging by the definitions of "know" and "arguably." You either know it is the greatest thing or you know it is a thing, but you don't know that it is arguably anything because it's just redundant. It sounds like you wanted to say "We all know it's the greatest," but didn't want to sound arrogant, so you added in the safety net word "arguably" to protect yourself from any detractors talking about how much better Dreamland 2, Dreamland 3, and The Crystal Shards are. You can always just fall back on "I never said it was the greatest, just that it was arguably so." Sorry to sound so negative, I'm just not a fan of passive-aggressive rhetoric.

Milky Way Wishes sounds identical to Subspace Emissary. To be honest, the Great Maze felt like it was supposed to be an entirely different game mode since it played like Kirby and the Amazing Mirror fused with Milky Way. I would prefer a stand alone Great Maze with partially sequence-breakable cut scenes to the crap of the SSE.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Yes Kirby Superstar is the best Kirby game ever made! Never will it be topped....

Anyway I would like the game to be played like Milky Way Wishes. Where you can choose any character at any point. Only problem is how will they still have the cutscenes that involve certain character interactions. When your playing as characters that have nothing to do with the cutscene you just watched?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Word Police
"Arguably" means "can be argued." Kirby Super Star is one of a few titles considered the best Kirby game, but it's subjective so people argue over it. Pretty simple.

Smash technically does this already by having several single player modes with their own rules and goals and whatnot. An expansion into more adventure-type modes rather than arcade-types sounds good though.

umegames

Smash Cadet
"

Smash technically does this already by having several single player modes with their own rules and goals and whatnot. An expansion into more adventure-type modes rather than arcade-types sounds good though.
Agreed. Personally, perhaps having individual story modes that feature the others would be more interesting to me. Similar to how Street fighter, Mortal kombat, marvel vs capcom, etc have.

i.e. Marios' story can be the traditional save the princess
Samus is responding to a distress call
Fox is defending the lylatt system again, or whatever

Doing this even opens up the room for Boss specific characters, though not playable. I know no one likes boss characters that aren't usable, but hey...it opens up the game.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
Yes Kirby Superstar is the best Kirby game ever made! Never will it be topped....

Anyway I would like the game to be played like Milky Way Wishes. Where you can choose any character at any point. Only problem is how will they still have the cutscenes that involve certain character interactions. When your playing as characters that have nothing to do with the cutscene you just watched?
I'm playing Sengoku Basara right now and what they do is just not show your character unless the cut scene in question involves them so it's kind of left to the player. Some thing like that could work. It can be a little cheesy at times but it works alright.

As for the similarity between Great Maze and MWW... yeah there's definitely some overlap (The season changing area was almost identical to one of the MWW's planets) but GM doesn't have the travel to different areas which was part of what made MWW fun. Plus, in MWW you could pause and then switch to any ability that you've acquired. It'd be horrendously broken but it'd be fun to do that with Smash Bros. as well. In that mode you could just switch characters at will with out having to die or any thing.

I do like that idea of individualized story modes for each character.

Top Bottom