• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smashed Bros drinking game

wolfpacksteve

Smash Rookie
I know that this thread has been posted in various forms, but I wanted to set down the rules my mates and I have set up for a drinking game based on Super Smash Bros Melee. For those of you in the over-21 crowd (or over-18 if you're fortunate enough to not live in the States), please enjoy this game somewhat responsibly.

Required:
A lot of beer
A copy of SSBM
A Gamecube (or Wii if you're lucky ;) )
Four controllers
Four Smashers ready to get SMASHED

Rules:
1. Matches are stock battles, fives lives each, no teams, no time limits, any assortment of items you prefer.
2. All Smashers must have a full cup/bottle/pint of beer at the start of each match.
3. Any time your character loses a life, you MUST put down your controller and drink one swig of beer before you can move your character. You've gotta be quick, as this eliminates usage of the few seconds of invulnerability upon respawn.
4. Failure to take a swig after losing a life results in the game being paused until the offending Smasher polishes off the rest of his/her beer.
5. At the end of the match, you can "deal out" your KO total to the other players (ie I score 6 KOs, so I can distribute those six drinks anyway I please to the other three Smashers).
6. In addition to any drinks dealt out from KOs, you must also drink the following penalty depending are your place:
First place: +0 drinks
Second place: +3 drinks
Third place: +5 drinks
Fourth place: +7 drinks​

At first glance, it doesn't seem like a lot of drinking, but once you start to play you realize that you are drinking a full beer every five or ten minutes. It adds up QUICK, especially if you take an early beating.

I shouldn't have to write this, but I know that some people have the sensibility of brain-damaged rhesus monkey high on paint fumes, so..... BE RESPONSIBLE WHEN YOU DRINK!! I lost a friend to drinking too much (NOT through this game, mind you), so please keep it smart and, for the love of Miyamoto, stay the hell outta your cars.

deshman

Smash Rookie
Smashed Brothers!!

Trust me, this game is soooo much fun. Better have a high tolerance! :psycho:

AS Money

Smash Lord
to answer your question on how drunk people play

THEY SUCK

dope becomes very bad its quite funny(he also likes to MM drunk which JV one time got him to a tab of over $1000 though he let him MM it back down)

wolfpacksteve

Smash Rookie
Hmmm... drunk smashers(I wonder how the they will play) this thread is going to kill a couple of smashers.
to answer your question on how drunk people play

THEY SUCK
Oh yeah, your game definitely drops off BIG TIME as the intoxication level increases. Wavedodging, L-cancelling, teching... you can forget about it. When the world is wobbly, just hitting the A button is hard enough!

Dead Smashers are always a bad idea... let's try to keep this thread death-free. If I find that some thirteen year old kicked it because he tried to get faced with this game, I'm gonna hunt him down and beat his corpse to death. Not that I have anything against thirteen-year-olds (aside from those that can beat me at SSBM); I just prefer that they live to reach their legal drinking age.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
honostly, please don't bring up these threads, a lot of people on here are under 21 (from the states) and this might encourage some of them...just warning ahead of time

drunk smashers....bad idea

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Beer and smash is always fun. I just drink for my respawn time, and between matches :p

pdk

Smash Lord
honostly, please don't bring up these threads, a lot of people on here are under 21 (from the states) and this might encourage some of them...just warning ahead of time

drunk smashers....bad idea
they'd already be drinking often to begin with if a joke they read on the internet makes them really want to try a drinking game

VizionX

Smash Rookie
lol, nice to hear about others enjoying the oh so wonderful combo of beer and smash. me and my friends play drinking smash also... surprisingly, exactly the same way you do with but one minor difference. the losers don't take drinks based on the place they come in, once a player is out, then they have to take a drink everytime someone loses a life. god help them if they got knocked out early :-) ahhhh... good times.... good times.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
There is a flaw in your rules. The person that wins will drink less, so he will keep on winning, meaning he won't get as drunk !

The way I play it is different. You play a normal 1v1 game and the winner takes a shot of vodka. That way, if you win like 3 games or so in a row, you yourself get slower and play bad (and have a tendancy to pick low tier characters.... or is that just me?). This gives a chance for the other player to win!

When I play with my friends, I usually end up taking like 6 shooters in a row, lol. After a while they start beating me, of course.

SSBM drinking games are awesomely fun. There should be a new tournament rulesheet implying sucha fun activity ;P.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
don't play with liquor.... NEVER, I almost got in a fight with my friend cuz when you get trashed the only characters you can still be good with are peach, sheik, and marth, consequently the 3 characters I hate most.

anyways, ssb power hour is always a classic game, have time limit to 1 minute, have damage ratio cranked up to 1.5, and have 5 shot glasses, the winner takes 2 shots (of beer mind you) after every game, everyone else take just 1.

also have music pumping. I played this 4-5 times a week in my dorm freshman year.

now all I play is this game that the guy wrote in the first post. and yes, do drink responsibly and don't fight your friends :)

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
2 shots of beer? WTF that's nothing.

Anyway, I read this thread, and started playing SSBM again. I stopped for a while due to lack of people to play, and i don't really play with advanced tech's besides wavedash (Easiest of all advanced moves).

But anyway, i'll try this next time I bring my wii to my buddies house.

wolfpacksteve

Smash Rookie
There is a flaw in your rules. The person that wins will drink less, so he will keep on winning, meaning he won't get as drunk !
Then you better hope you bring your A-game, or else your losing streak will garner you more than just trash talk! Then again, I'm pretty evenly matched with all my friends, so the drinks get pretty evenly distributed.

If you look closer at the rules, being the winner doesn't guarantee you safety. If the other guys have racked up enough KOs, they can decide to pass all of their KOs drinks to the winner (which is most often what actually occurs). Don't worry about the winner... he'll eventually get his comeuppance!

don't play with liquor.... NEVER
I couldn't agree more. Shots of liquor = BAD. At the rate you drink in this game, liquor will almost inevitably lead to very rough times. Fighting with your friends is the least of your concerns when it comes to liquor; you should fear the hours of nausea, splitting hangover, and potential for alcohol poisoning... all VERY bad things (once again, minors, don't drink until you're both legal and responsible, m'kay?).

SSB Power hour sounds like a great variation, though I reckon it'd be too much drinking for this old man to handle (my last power hour was in college... and let's just say it was my last for a reason!).

Mate, that's two shots of beer per minute. At 3oz per double shot, that's a rate of fifteen 12oz beers per hour. That a far cry from "nothing."

Once again, play smart, play responsibly, and for Miyamoto's sake don't play if you're underaged or driving. Let me know if y'all enjoy the game!

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
If you look closer at the rules, being the winner doesn't guarantee you safety. If the other guys have racked up enough KOs, they can decide to pass all of their KOs drinks to the winner (which is most often what actually occurs). Don't worry about the winner... he'll eventually get his comeuppance!
Ah didn't get that part, makes more sense ;P.

I still prefer my version though... less complicated.
Win = Vodka shot.
Lose = Try again.

pdk

Smash Lord
$10 says that after a couple rounds nobody would even be able to calculate or keep track of how many KO drinks they have

wolfpacksteve

Smash Rookie
$10 says that after a couple rounds nobody would even be able to calculate or keep track of how many KO drinks they have
As long as that $10 is going towards buying the next case, I'll take that challenge!

And yes, the vodka version is simpler. If only I hadn't had a bad encounter with vodka in my younger days... can't stand the stuff now! If I'm going liquor, I'll be sipping on Flor de Caña rum on the rocks... but that's something that best enjoyed slowly on a Honduran beach, not in the middle of a heated Smashfest.

pdk

Smash Lord
pff, everyone knows that you drink everclear when you want to go out showing the world how HARDKORE you were in life, and/or when doing stuff like this

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
if you are better than your friends, (like me) and you win most of the games, and you play for about 2 hours, that's about 15-18 (depending on how much I win) beers in 2-3 hours, or 120 rounds. still think it's nothing? we also had to play 1 minute rounds because the 3rd and 4th place people had to sub out, we always had a crowd of people that wanted to play.

edit- didn't notice some one already did the math for me a few posts back.

ok, well time to drink and play ssb :)

wolfpacksteve

Smash Rookie
Man, I've used Everclear to sterilize kitchen counters and start campfires. Last time I had it was in a fierce PJ that resulted in a fiercer hangover the following day. If doing shots of Everclear is hardcore, then I am not. There's just something wrong about shooting stuff that can easily be turned into a Molotov Cocktail (don't get any bright ideas, pyro-wannabes).

deshman

Smash Rookie
Smash, or get SMASHED.....it's that simple!

also, Jello shots would be a good idea too.

Impp

Smash Ace
Yeah, I like alcohol as a handicap. After six beers my friends start to beat me (once in a while.)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
... WOOHOO FOR STRAIGHT EDGE SUPER SMASHED BROS... Anyone down for some coca-cola, by the third round OMG you'd be so sugar high haha... XXX for life though i don't care who drinks lol

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
I got wasted once and used smash as a consciousness test. When I can't beat my sober friend, I've had enough. I didn't lose - all my tech skill remained as I drank, and I became unpredictable, so I started doing better.

Top Bottom