• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
the br members have opinions formulated from tournament results both locally and online tho and also the diversity of the individual opinions kinda averages out to be pretty good

i agree with most of the list tbh
I personally think there are not enough tournament for us to gather accurate data. We haven't exploit most of the characters to their maximum potential. There is no way Chibi-robo is on the bottom of the list. His ridiculous grab range combined with neutral b that can jab reset, and his great aerial juggle game and early kill move should at least land him on the B tier.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I stopped giving a crap about tier lists a long time ago. They don't change my preferences and opinions, and it shouldn't. As in the end, they're just statistics.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't see why you're making a big deal out of this. It's a tier list for a freaking fan game for Christ's sake. It's not like it's some great catastrophic event because God forbid it didn't agree with your opinions.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
A tier list isn't an opinion, it's a representation of factual data. It's like a trial, we're all looking at the same data, and we can interpret the facts in many different ways, but in the end, there is only one truth. That truth is based on the knowledge we have at the time we try to transcribe it, and if that changes, so too can our visualization of the data, but the facts are the facts.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
I don't see why you're making a big deal out of this. It's a tier list for a freaking fan game for Christ's sake. It's not like it's some great catastrophic event because God forbid it didn't agree with your opinions.
I don't see why you are making a bid deal of telling me that I'm making a bid deal of a fan game tier list. Also this thread is kinda dead in the first place, so some argument is better than no arguments.
A tier list isn't an opinion, it's a representation of factual data. It's like a trial, we're all looking at the same data, and we can interpret the facts in many different ways, but in the end, there is only one truth. That truth is based on the knowledge we have at the time we try to transcribe it, and if that changes, so too can our visualization of the data, but the facts are the facts.
But this data defies logic, how did DK move up 10 spots even though they nerfed his recovery? Or how about sora falling down to the lowest tier with a buffed recovery and way better side special? Oh and also, what about Lloyd?

I'm really just upset because a year ago I posted on the same thread saying how Lloyd and DK are "broken" and they deserve better attention, but you guys bashed me for it, telling me to "get good" and learn how to play the game, see what happens now?

Last edited:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
But this data defies logic, how did DK move up 10 spots even though they nerfed his recovery? Or how about sora falling down to the lowest tier with a buffed recovery and way better side special? Oh and also, what about Lloyd?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
bc people are playing dk and lloyd now in forum-run tournaments and showing everyone how good they are. the metagame changes as people learn more about each character

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
bc people are playing dk and lloyd now in forum-run tournaments and showing everyone how good they are. the metagame changes as people learn more about each character
Funny, cause last year I posted on the same thread on how Lloyd and DK deserves higher spots on the list, yet I got ignored. So can I say Ichigo and Sora are ridiculously good, and ranked too low on the current list now?

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
If that's the case, then the knowledge the ones have when they made the 0.9a tier list are very limited. I can say the same thing about this new list.
Ps: I am replying to digiholic, the quote box didn't show up for some reason.

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If that's the case, then the knowledge the ones have when they made the 0.9a tier list are very limited. I can say the same thing about this new list.
Ps: I am replying to digiholic, the quote box didn't show up for some reason.
We don't have as big of a community as, say, Melee, trying to push each character to its limits. When a new player strolls around and picks up a character, that is what sparks a tier list change. If nobody plays a character, there's no way to know if they're great or just good.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
We don't have as big of a community as, say, Melee, trying to push each character to its limits. When a new player strolls around and picks up a character, that is what sparks a tier list change. If nobody plays a character, there's no way to know if they're great or just good.
But last year, I did post on this thread telling everyone how good Lloyd and DK are.

UcheD914

Smash Cadet
Some sprites look out of place with the rest of the cast? Are the developers doing something about this?

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
How can I increase performance on this game without upgrading my machine? I'm using a laptop and getting about 28-30 FPS, and I keep the thing in tip-top shape. Defrags, registry cleans, the works. Is there some setting I can turn on to get this thing up to full speed?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
How can I increase performance on this game without upgrading my machine? I'm using a laptop and getting about 28-30 FPS, and I keep the thing in tip-top shape. Defrags, registry cleans, the works. Is there some setting I can turn on to get this thing up to full speed?
In the game's options menu, there's a section where you can change the quality of the display, including if you want speed or quality when you play full screen.

Sure, lowering the quality will make the game look less pretty in full screen, but sometimes you do what you gotta do for satisfying speed.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
In the game's options menu, there's a section where you can change the quality of the display, including if you want speed or quality when you play full screen.

Sure, lowering the quality will make the game look less pretty in full screen, but sometimes you do what you gotta do for satisfying speed.
Thanks for replying! I've already got it set to low. Are there any flash settings I can change, like how you can change Java's runtime parameters to give it more memory?

Also, be sure to use CTRL+F to go fullscreen, do not maximize or resize the window.
Thanks, I didn't know about that! I can pretty consistently stay at 30 FPS now, but that can't be full speed, can it? Just about every game ever made (except in PAL regions, obviously) is designed to run at 60 frames per second.

Sorry for hijacking this thread for tech support, but if I can get this thing running at full speed I'm gonna try to get my TO to run this game. No real point in trying to get a bracket going for a game that we don't have one guaranteed setup for.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Thanks for replying! I've already got it set to low. Are there any flash settings I can change, like how you can change Java's runtime parameters to give it more memory?
Outside of the quality settings we give you ingame, unfortunately not really.

Thanks, I didn't know about that! I can pretty consistently stay at 30 FPS now, but that can't be full speed, can it? Just about every game ever made (except in PAL regions, obviously) is designed to run at 60 frames per second.
Unfortunately as a limitation of our medium SSF2 runs at 30 FPS. Cranking all of our calculations and graphical effects at 60 FPS is impossible on most computers. Hell, 30 is a stretch for many - especially when run inside of a browser.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Outside of the quality settings we give you ingame, unfortunately not really.

Unfortunately as a limitation of our medium SSF2 runs at 30 FPS. Cranking all of our calculations and graphical effects at 60 FPS is impossible on most computers. Hell, 30 is a stretch for many - especially when run inside of a browser.
Ah, well. Still, good to know that I'm at full speed. I'll bring my laptop to the next Smash 4 local and see if we can't get a scene going, this is a pretty sweet game you've made. I don't see any reason why SSF2 can't be the next PM. Thanks for the tech support, and more than that, thanks for all the hard work you've put in to make this game.

Isaac hype!

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Ah, well. Still, good to know that I'm at full speed. I'll bring my laptop to the next Smash 4 local and see if we can't get a scene going, this is a pretty sweet game you've made. I don't see any reason why SSF2 can't be the next PM. Thanks for the tech support, and more than that, thanks for all the hard work you've put in to make this game.

Isaac hype!
This might help you out: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41234

Let us know how it goes!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Any hints on future SSF2 Beta news (it doesn't have to be a trailer or release date but anything)? I'm aware of the teaser pictures you've been posting but it doesn't fill my hype completely.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Quick, make an outrageous prediction about what character will be revealed!

Uh ... COOKING MAMA BAKES THE BATTLE!
Or ... SHY GUY MANS UP!
Maybe ... DEBU SONZAI SHIMASEN!

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Quick, make an outrageous prediction about what character will be revealed!

Uh ... COOKING MAMA BAKES THE BATTLE!
Or ... SHY GUY MANS UP!
Maybe ... DEBU SONZAI SHIMASEN!
There might not be a character reveal you know.
They just said a "surprise" and that could be anything.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since it's been a long time since we've had a major news announcement (APEX 2015 which was half a year ago), I'll be pretty upset if we don't get any release date news.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Since it's been a long time since we've had a major news announcement (APEX 2015 which was half a year ago), I'll be pretty upset if we don't get any release date news.
You're going to be pretty upset :/

This is a huge update, we can't constrain ourselves to our previous development cycles or else we would get a v0.9c.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You're going to be pretty upset :/
Rereading my post, I definitely over exaggerated my feelings. I'm not upset, just excited/jumpy. Sorry 'bout dat.

If I've been patient enough to continue following the project since I downloaded the very first demo back in 2007 (which gives me a great understanding on your development progress), then I totally have no excuse for me to be upset.

Trust me, you'd have to do something unrealistically bad/crazy for me to truly upset me (but you've proven to me in the past 7-8 years that will never happen).

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
There might not be a character reveal you know.
They just sad a "surprise" and that could be anything.
I am well-aware of that, but if there's a surprise, I'm gonna hold out for optimism.

Speaking of which:

DILLON ROLLS OUT!
WONDER RED TAKES COMMAND!
PROFESSOR LAYTON PUZZLES THE COMPETITION!
TOAD RETAINS!
BANDANA DEE WADDLES ALONG!
SAMI ADVANCES ON THE BATTLEFIELD!

That is all. :D

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Very nice reveal! Can't wait for the Beta.

Edit: Someone notice :4pikachu: got a sprite makeover in the trailer. Plus I noticed a new design of the Spring, implying :4sonic: is also getting a sprite makeover.

Last edited:
Top Bottom