• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2: Luigi Slides In!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
We previously reported here that Super Smash Flash 2 would hold a special stream at Super Smash Con. They have been streaming gameplay for fans to enjoy who can't make it to the event. In their official announcement before the event they said, "We'll have a little surprise for you at the end of that Saturday's stream." They weren't lying! Here is a character many have asked for and will be happy to see in the game: Luigi!

Like the trailer? Excited for Luigi? Let us know in the comments below! Here's to the upcoming Super Smash Flash 2 Beta and the players excited to play it.

SmashCapps is super excited to see Luigi finally join the roster and loved the trailer. To share in his hype be sure to follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
My only hope is that McLeod actually took a proper look at the design of characters and balanced them more accordingly. Damn Animes are too good compared to the rest of the cast not counting a few like Marth.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
****, why not add every character that appeared in Smash into that game before adding anyone else.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Luigi wasn't in? Wow that's actually kind of sad.
It's sad that a character that was a shoe-in to be an unlockable was added before any unlockables were added? This was a pretty unexpected decision for people who follow the game.

****, why not add every character that appeared in Smash into that game before adding anyone else.
Think about it from a game developer's perspective - who would care about the announcements if we guaranteed all Smash vets a spot and exclusively announced them? I don't think very many people would be excited about that.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Aw hey, that was a really cute and cool trailer! Musta been pretty hard work!

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Now is really a proper Smash Bros. game.
I always forgot there no luigi there.

Im glad they add it because was neeeeeded about it. Luigi is weegee.

TriTails

Smash Lord
FINALLY! MAH ****ING MAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Used to main Falcon and Marth here.

TIME TO DROP THOSE TWO AND F-AIR TO MY DREAMS!

'Let's-a-go!' ~Luigi.

(Kinda wish the pixel art weren't so goofy tho)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And all of his fans can finally stop asking for him now that he's back. Now I'm wondering when my boy Pit will finally get his chance.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
If they added Lucario, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Pit, Wolf, maybe Falco, a Young Link of some kind, another retro rep, and Luffy to round out the anime characters (I don't even like anime, but seeing how popular Luffy is, it seems weird to have the other 3 and not him), I would probably be satisfied.

Really if we got every veteran I would be happy, but that is simply not plausible. Possible, but so incredibly time consuming and difficult, there is no way I could expect that.

I also want them to add Dr. Mario. I feel like the only person that wants this.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Now I can taunt and kill in style.

Weegee is back, baby.

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
And all of his fans can finally stop asking for him now that he's back. Now I'm wondering when my boy Pit will finally get his chance.
I lost a lot of money betting Luigi wouldn't be added, and Snake, Pit, Olimar or the Ice Climbers would be announced today.

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
If they added Lucario, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Pit, Wolf, maybe Falco, a Young Link of some kind, another retro rep, and Luffy to round out the anime characters (I don't even like anime, but seeing how popular Luffy is, it seems weird to have the other 3 and not him), I would probably be satisfied.

Really if we got every veteran I would be happy, but that is simply not plausible. Possible, but so incredibly time consuming and difficult, there is no way I could expect that.

I also want them to add Dr. Mario. I feel like the only person that wants this.
Asking for 9 characters to be satisfied is asking for a lot.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Can't wait to play him anyways will they add a super smash flash 2 fourms here?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I don't really like these sprites to be honest (especially Luigi's). I'd prefer if, rather than trying to copy Brawl's style (which IMO doesn't work very well at all in pixel/sprite form), they'd find their own, unique art style, or simplify the character designs to make them work well in sprite form. Perhaps brighten things up as well. Or just use the sprites from each character's games.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I still don't get why this game doesn't have it's own part of the forum on here. A lot of people play it, and it shows up at a lot of conventions.

If PM can get it's own section, it's only fair that this does too.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Asking for 9 characters to be satisfied is asking for a lot.
How so? If we got those 9 characters I would be satisfied. Cleod 9 said there would be more than Brawl, or at least around Brawl's size, and right now we have 32. There is room there for 7 more characters before we reach Brawl's size. Plus with the fact that what we have so far is just the starting roster, I can imagine with unlockables, we will end up with more than just what Brawl had.

Top Bottom