• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2 Beta Has Officially Released!

After three long years of development, Super Smash Flash 2 Beta has been released! This new version has added eleven additional characters, more than ten stages, Classic Mode, Arena Mode, and so much more. It's clear how much attention to detail has been put into each and every crevice of this clean cut fangame.

We went to the game's head developer Cleod9, for a word about its development as a whole as a whole.

Cleod9:
SSF2 Beta is finally out! Even as the lead programmer I'm still in awe at what such a passionate group of talented individuals was able to accomplish over the past 10 years of development. But despite SSF2 Beta being such a big release, we're not done yet! Expect big things from the SSF2 crew as we continue to pour our hearts into this project so that players can enjoy this game for many years to come!

You can go play and download Super Smash Flash 2 if you click here. Make sure to follow McLeodGaming's Twitter for future updates as well!

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Much respect to these guys for all the hard work they put in to this game.

Also I need to git gud with Isaac.

Took a while to get my GCC working properly but damn, I just played with Chibi Robo and it feels so good. I love the pace of the game.

This game is amazing. I'm so glad they didn't drastically change Black Mage. Also glad they nerfed Naruto's Rasen-Shuriken. Lol That move was so OP. Btw, does anyone know if the online servers are up and if there's a music customize screen like Brawl and Smash 4?

Marth is slower, and is probably no longer top tier.
Sheik is pretty much unaffected as they gave him sm4sh side special but now all of the throws are wak.
Falco is top tier. Period.
Issac seems fun but learning is required
Samus might as well be unchanged, except for some added delay frames to bair
Goku can do a move or two out of recovery
Fox is sloooooooow
I like beta but hopefully these changes don't stick around.

YOOOO ISSAC IS OP!! JUST WAS TESTING ON A CPU; UTHROW TO UAIR CAN KILL OFF OF THE TOP OF BATTLEFIELD AT 53%. ITS OVER, BAYO MK.II IS HERE

I wonder if they will add more Fire Emblem characters in the future... or is confirmed Marth will be the only one?

Controller support is added with this update.
Problem is, the game is still stuck with 8 directions only (no 360), so it's kinda pointless imo.
Does it work with gamecube controllers though? I figured out how to make it work with other controllers, but not gamecube.

Also I gota agree with hero here, analogue controls really need to get incorporated into this game to make it 100% perfection. I'm loving everything in this game, but i have a lot of trouble enjoying these amazing features without good analogue controls.

fingers crossed for analogue being included in the future! :p

Last edited:
BronzeGreekGod BronzeGreekGod The only thing I can think off is to install the driver for the gamecube adapter is you havent, otherwise idk since I dont own one.
I have all that adapter stuff installed. Is there some setup that needs to be done in the game to make it work? Cause like i said, my normal computer controller worked, but the gamecube controller didn't

I have all that adapter stuff installed. Is there some setup that needs to be done in the game to make it work? Cause like i said, my normal computer controller worked, but the gamecube controller didn't
I got it working with a mayflash gamecube controller adapter with the correct drivers.

Yeah it seems to work just fine for me.
Like my analogue stick was working for my non gamecube controller, but it had no precision. even the slightest tap was being registered as a full press, know what i mean? I'm hoping to get the precision that a normal analogue stick gives so that walking/running/smashing feels right.

Like my analogue stick was working for my non gamecube controller, but it had no precision. even the slightest tap was being registered as a full press, know what i mean? I'm hoping to get the precision that a normal analogue stick gives so that walking/running/smashing feels right.
Try adjusting the dead zone and the other(I forget what it's called) sensitivity. I have mine at 55 30 if I remember correctly and it's pretty comfy.

Top Bottom