• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con 2015

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Is there a reason that 64 is getting round 2 of pools at 9 AM on saturday? This is some odd scheduling too. It seems that sm4sh and melee have a top 8 block scheduled but brawl and 64 only have a top 16 block leading to top 4. I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet, but I'm sensing some dejavu here. A very familiar feeling is creeping up on me telling me that we're going to have some disappointing news about stream time regarding 64. Almost as if this is more and more like "a melee major with side games" (Sedda, 2015).

Don't let me be correct on this.

Last edited:

nickthename

Smash Apprentice
I'm really surprised by the number of teams entrants, looks like we had a great proportion of singles entrants also enter teams. I'm curious to see how many more people register before signups end.

Shears

Smash Master
Over 100 entrants registered, I've got a list of 40+ names in the OP. If your name is on there in error let me know and I'll remove you, if your name should be on there let me know and I'll add you.

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
So I am about to look at plane tickets. Is everyone getting in on Thursday night? I haven't really met any of you guys and would like to play some friendly DK dittos

Shears

Smash Master
So I am about to look at plane tickets. Is everyone getting in on Thursday night? I haven't really met any of you guys and would like to play some friendly DK dittos
Get in at or before 8pm on Wednesday and you can do Xanadu and Smash Con all in one trip. If you fly into BWI at or a little before 8pm I could pick you up since I will be picking my little brother up from the airport at 8pm on Wednesday. Xanadu should have a huge turnout as a warmup for SSC.

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
Wait I thought I should be flying into Dulles. And where would I stay Wednesday night?

I'm not sure I'll be able to get off work another day but I'd definitely be interested in doing that?

I actually think we should just DM @ Shears Shears

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Wait I thought I should be flying into Dulles. And where would I stay Wednesday night?

I'm not sure I'll be able to get off work another day but I'd definitely be interested in doing that?

I actually think we should just DM @ Shears Shears
Dulles is the airport closest to SSC. BWI is the airport closest to Xanadu. They're about an hour away from each other. Wednesday you could crash on my couch. Thursday/Friday I'll be going down to the venue and could get you a ride. Theres also public transportation that could get you from Baltimore to SSC in ~2 hours for ~$10.

I don't want to DM this because I think its good everyone can see and know about Xanadu the night before and their options for getting as much smash in as they can.

Also, I updated the OP with the list of names from the doubles signup since that list was released. Not all doubles players will be in singles but the list is of players signed up to play SSB64. Unofficially, 66 entrants and their tags are known.

Last edited:

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
I'm a free agent in teams. If anyone wants to play with a DK that has no regard for his, his team mates, or his opponents life hit me up

Happenin' Falcon

Smash Rookie
This is gonna be my first tournament I'm in. I live 20 minutes way from the venue. I'm a falcon main playing Sm4sh singles (My tech skill isn't advanced enough yet for melee) Is there like an FAQ I can use for my first tourney? I know how the bracket system works, but the whole system for selecting stages and characters is kinda confusing. Plus I don't know what the protocol on controllers is. Do you have to supply your own controller and adapter?

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
This is gonna be my first tournament I'm in. I live 20 minutes way from the venue. I'm a falcon main playing Sm4sh singles (My tech skill isn't advanced enough yet for melee) Is there like an FAQ I can use for my first tourney? I know how the bracket system works, but the whole system for selecting stages and characters is kinda confusing. Plus I don't know what the protocol on controllers is. Do you have to supply your own controller and adapter?
this is the smash 64 boards so you may be in the wrong place

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
I also need a team mate. Preferably someone who is among the top 10 in the world and doesn't mind if I DK back toss them on "accident".

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
@ Shears Shears if i fly in to BWI on tues night (12:12am arrival) or wed morning (11:18am arrival) can you pick me up+house me for xanadu/until smashcon? looks like nobody needs to drive AND airline prices have fallen ultra low specifically to BWI from here, potentially convenient

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
So who is all coming down early for Xanadu?

So far I have boom, revan, wookiee, knitephox, kirbstomper. Is there anyone else I'm missing? I know barkhorse can host and so can I but it would be great to know before hand who is coming up so arrangements can be made. This Xanadu should be pretty stacked and I see no reason (if your schedule allows) for anyone to not come to this. Its a warmup for SSC, its the day before, its basically getting you two tournaments in one trip. On top of our usual Xanadu crew, and the people I just named, most of PA and VA should be at this. Xanadu is like 5 minutes from BWI, 10 minutes from the Penn Station (train station), less than an hour from DC, and 20 minutes from the Megabus stop (I work near the Megabus stop so I can pick anyone up). If you're coming to SSC, and can get here a day early, come to Xanadu.

Shears

Smash Master
REGISTRATION FOR SUPER SMASH CON ENDS TODAY! IF YOU HAVEN'T REGISTERED AND HAVE BEEN PROCRASTINATING FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND REGISTER!

Shears

Smash Master
Just a reminder for anyone coming down and looking to crash at houses and hotels, try and bring a sleeping bag or blanket of some sort. There's always space for people to sleep but there isn't always enough blankets/pillows/beds/couches for everyone.

Maliki

Smash Ace
What time does registration close like tonight by 12?me and stranded haven't registered and it's unlikely we will at this point.

Shears

Smash Master
What time does registration close like tonight by 12?me and stranded haven't registered and it's unlikely we will at this point.
It ends right now, so go and do it. Steal a credit card, scam someone, rob a bank, open a lemonade stand, whatever, just register now before its too late.

Maliki

Smash Ace
It ends right now, so go and do it. Steal a credit card, scam someone, rob a bank, open a lemonade stand, whatever, just register now before its too late.
We aren't home like we literally can't right now. I mean if I got home later I could but I don't know if I'll be home in time to do it.

Maliki

Smash Ace
You're a kid. What could you possibly be doing? Go home and do it now.
18 years old. Out with stranded and friends swimming at this place in the woods.
Definitely a kid compared to all of you though:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom