• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Project Crusade came back at Super Smash Con '17 and have a new trailer starring Shantae (and a surprise included):

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
is this an appropriate place to ask for troubleshooting or could someone point me where a good place is instead?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Care to elaborate?
This guy was banned from the Crusade forums for being a general nuisance, constantly begging to be re-admitted to the official Crusade Discord, trying to "steal" the older versions of the game, and his final post was, and I quote:

"Go ahead and try to ban me! I'll shoot myself!"

He was then promptly banned and now seems to have a grudge against a game he clearly enjoys playing because he was banned for being an immature nuisance.

Rootspread

Smash Rookie
This guy was banned from the Crusade forums for being a general nuisance, constantly begging to be re-admitted to the official Crusade Discord, trying to "steal" the older versions of the game, and his final post was, and I quote:

"Go ahead and try to ban me! I'll shoot myself!"

He was then promptly banned and now seems to have a grudge against a game he clearly enjoys playing because he was banned for being an immature nuisance.
Wow. Let me hear you spell "immature"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I love this fangame and I need to give it the praise it deserves. The major differences that set it apart from the official games is awesome. There's so many things I'm surprised weren't considered by Nintendo, like giving Luigi Thunderhand, making DK's Final Smash Rambi and Ness's Final Smash PK Rockin, basing Kirby's copy abilities off of Adventure, making Peach pull out Toadsworth instead of a regular Toad, having custom settings for Marth's sword's properties, allowing each character to turn on/off individual special settings, attaching the Final Smash to a meter, adding the Ultra Hand as an item, providing the option to change how the air dodge works, and giving Toon Link and Ganondorf unique movesets; you don't know how long I've waited for this! The roster is full of characters I recognize, and even if some of them aren't high on my most-wanteds list, the playstyles each character has is so distinct. Most characters have unique traits and movesets in every smash game, but in Crusade, it's handled in a way that I end up enjoying more. Shadow's moves have so many unique attributes that makes for some very difficult to pull off yet satisfying combos. There's a lot of different in-game options that can be tweaked to really fit one's desires, and players aren't forced to accept one change or another. I really appreciate that; choice is good. While I can acknowledge how much time and effort goes into other fangames, I personally have more fun with Crusade, despite it's imperfections, and that's what matters to me at the end of the day.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Shoot, this game doesn't seem to want me to use the Switch Pro Controller.

In controls settings, it shows it recognizes the left analog stick does analog but when I go to gameplay it only does digital movement. The other problem is that it doesn't recognize left/right on the right analog stick at all,

Guess I'll go back to the Wii U Pro Controller.

Tetriser

Smash Rookie
OK is it just me or the game suddenly thinking that I pressed Up? I can't control the game after updating to 0.9.1.1...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Wow...it's been a while.
I downloaded the new version and it warmed my heart to see myself listed as a PR Rep...
...then I remembered my job in the first place!

Well, in case you haven't heard...

Version 0.9.2 has dropped.
It features Dr. Mario, Shantae, and Nega-Shantae, along with some new stages!
Characters can now be unlocked (or you can skip them with a secret shortcut ;)) and the graphics have received a gorgeous overhaul.

It's been in the making for years now...come give the best version of Crusade yet a try!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
It's alive! How epic. Respriting some of the characters, that's awesome. Dan SFA seems a bit out there tho, but I think he looks cool.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
the newest update is epic i loved the resprites also seperating :ulttoonlink::ultpichu:, Evil Ryu from :ultlink::ultpikachu::ultryu: was a very good idea!
i hope we get all star mod in the future and get :ultzss: and Weegee back
i think the edition of unlocking trophies collection would be cool too

Last edited:

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
the newest update is epic i loved the resprites also seperating:ultlink:, :ulttoonlink:,:ultpikachu:,:ultpichu:,:ultryu: and Evil Ryu was a very good idea!
i hope we get all star mod in the future and get :ultzss: and Weegee back
i think the edition of unlocking trophies collection would be cool too
I don't think Project Crusade is going put back Weegee, I think they hate him or something.

Last edited:

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Can somebody help me with a glitch? Some characters are invisible and others are colored odd

Quillion

Smash Hero
Anyone still here? I think at this point Crusade is really catching up to Flash 2 with its movement updates plus everything else about the game already there.

Top Bottom