• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Not to bother, but it says I need to open it with a certain app. I've got Windows 8, so I'm not sure which app to use. Suggestions?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hey, I hope you guys consider making the wavedashing back to how it was in the Zenith version. That version is still my favorite by far because of the wavedashing. Current wavedashing feels less applicable than Melee atm and reminds me of Sheik's wavedash in Melee :( Still love the game of course!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
This has probably been asked 1.000.000 times already, but about when will 0.9 be available?
What newcommers will there be?

Loving your game.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Two Questions.

1. Do you have the DEMO in anything other than .rar?

2.Does this game have a Training Mode?
You have to download the RAR files (there are two parts) and extract them into the same folder. You can use a program such as 7-Zip, which is linked in the OP near the demo downloads.

Training mode is likely to be in the full 0.9 but it isn't in the test demo that is up for download now.

It has wavedashing now huh?
Yep.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Wow, there's so many things good about this version I don't even know where to start. Wavedashing feels so slick, Ganon kept his cool moves while still being original (UpB animation is badass), IC's has desyncing, I think you guys have finally surpassed Super Smash Flash again. The newest version lags on my ****ty laptop though, when the previous versions did fine but my desktop can still run it.

Two questions though, is Phoenix Wright an unfinished/joke character or am I just missing something about him? And is there tumble state in SSBC? I think that might be the last thing that feels a little bit, "sticky" about it.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Wright is finished, but just like any character, he still needs to go through more balancing. He has a very awkward playstyle based on "gathering evidence" to power up his SideB. He's more of a defensive character.
There is indeed a tumble state after hitstun ends.

D

Deleted member

Had trouble extracting the 0.9t rar. There's no sound whatsoever and lots of missing graphics. What happened? :/

volbound1700

Smash Master
Just tried it and it works great other than AI constantly taunting when nobody is near their character. Is Weegee and Zamus still in the game? I didn't even check? How about Dr. Mario, has he been added?

Edit: Nevermind checked roster, Pichu, Weegee, and Zamus are in it along with Evil Ryu.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Will you now be using .bin files for character sprites and such? Because I had a sick alt. costume for Jigglypuff I made in 0.8.4, and I wanted to be able to bring that over to 0.9, personally.. ;/

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Wright is finished, but just like any character, he still needs to go through more balancing. He has a very awkward playstyle based on "gathering evidence" to power up his SideB. He's more of a defensive character.
There is indeed a tumble state after hitstun ends.

Eh, how do you "gather evidence?"

And what do Gannon's and Pichu's DownBs do exactly?

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
OP could eventually use some updating, the answers to a lot of the FAQs have definitely changed over time. Also, the roster pic should probably be of the new demo.

Eh, how do you "gather evidence?"

And what do Gannon's and Pichu's DownBs do exactly?
You gather evidence by landing his other B moves, and IIRC by doing throws.
Ganon's down B is a wind push attack, but it needs more work. By 0.9 it will be a much better move. For now, it's probably useful to know that the wind effect works better against characters with low traction (long wavedashes). Characters like Marth, Ness, Luigi, Mario, etc. get pushed much better.
Pichu's down B is Endure, it gives super armor allowing Pichu to tank any hit and counter with whatever she wants. Side B is Flail, it gets stronger as her % rises, becoming a deadly finisher once you get above 100% and counting

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Other than the computer A.I. (which will be undoubtedly be addressed in the real 0.9 so don't take it the wrong way) I am really, REALLY liking what is being offered in this demo. Congrats! Couple of questions: does R.O.B.'s side B have any specialties other than a item-like projectiles? And is Phoenix Wright's down B like a projectile absorbing move or something?

Hoenn Elite

Smash Rookie
Krystal is terrible, especially as a partner, she kills herself and cannot get any KOs.

Speaking of partners, I'd like to note that regardless of any level I set they all fight as if they were level 8s. When I first played I set them at 1 to get used to them, and they weren't all so level 1. Didn't expect level 1s to dodge so much roll around do combos and shield all the time.

Snivy is also terrible, especially Energy Ball as a B move. Snivy is fairly weak, if you're actually going to keep her in at least give a bit more use to Energy Ball, Leech Seed and especially Leaf Blade, Leaf Blade could be used like Marth's Dancing Blade (it's called something like that) as a combo of some sort.

Lucario is very good, mostly thanks to the fact he now uses aura much more.

Knuckles is also good, his B move is a bit confusing though, winding up your arm just to spin around with it doesn't seem all that clear to me, but he's still a complete powerhouse.

Shadow would be better if his recovery was boosted a bit, his teleporting is terrible for such a short range.

Mewtwo is also sort of like Shadow in terms of aerial moves, and possibly B and up B but what makes him better is his floating which helps if knocked off from the side. Mewtwo got a very much deserved buff.

Weegee is a fun character, his down smash is straight OHKO if above maybe 30-50%, I also find that laser eye that turns others into him funny.

Regular Ryu is kind of weak. Evil Ryu is much more powerful, probably slightly slower when doing moves.

Fox and Falco are still good.

Ganondorf is much different, and benefits a bit from it, that purple tornado he throws is a little weak too.

Pikachu and Pichu... not that much different, still has their uses.

The Links are fine too.

Samus is a bit weird in the suit, I find her a weakling to fight against. Can't say the same about Zero Suit though.

Marth can use some more polishing, I like the side B though a lot, it feels it can use more attacks in it.

Sonic spin dashes too much, and he is also pretty weak, not that that's a bad thing.

Mach Rider is a cool character too, he can use combos well with down B and up B, the motorcycle probably can use some polishing.

Phoenix Wright... what the hell? I can see why you're going to balance him more, he "gathers evidence" and then pulls out a judge thing, says I have committed a crime or something like that, then bang.

Porky is a weird one too. He's powerful as well, don't see use for Down B though.

There is a problem with Lucas as a CPU, if I fight someone along with him, there's a point where he'll get hit and remain stuck in either a hurt sprite or a PK Thunder kind, or crouching for the rest of the match.

Jigglypuff, I think could use alternate form of Wigglytuff. It could be on the defensive side.

Ridley is fun to use. He fights like a monster and hits like one.

Most stages don't work as well, but I think that's a demo thing.

I think that the aforementioned characters that I have noted bad aspects of could use some changing, especially Snivy.... Snivy is god awful. And so is Krystal right now.

I thoroughly enjoy Super Smash Brothers Crusade and I expect many more good things to come from it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I like Ganon, but his Nair and Uair look too similar, and his Gerudo could maybe send the opponent down?
Love his Usmash.

Ridley's Dthrow does only 3% damage and it looks glitched.

Anyway, good job, guys! Looking forward to the release.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
I'm having so much fun with Waluigi. I know this is just a test version of .9 but I'm worried he may be stupid good. This is mainly cause he has an AMAZING wavedash. I just keep using it to move around and it's incredible. It lets me chain grab forward grab into forward grab or even back grab if I wanted at low percentages. The added gliding after Up B is nice and sure, he moves slowly, but the distance you can cover with it if you don't get gimped is...damn. Plus his bombs can KO reliably now, tennis balls are still good/annoying tools to use against enemies, and you can wavedash into side smash pretty nicely. Nair was like his best move in .8.4 and the fact that it's been buffed here to be even more powerful...damn. Down B still seems iffy, I can only follow it up with down tilt so it seems best not to use it at all but well...everything else makes up for it hahaha

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMejArWpVs4
Here, I recorded myself doing it, pardon the poor recording.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm having so much fun with Waluigi. I know this is just a test version of .9 but I'm worried he may be stupid good. This is mainly cause he has an AMAZING wavedash. I just keep using it to move around and it's incredible. It lets me chain grab forward grab into forward grab or even back grab if I wanted at low percentages. The added gliding after Up B is nice and sure, he moves slowly, but the distance you can cover with it if you don't get gimped is...damn. Plus his bombs can KO reliably now, tennis balls are still good/annoying tools to use against enemies, and you can wavedash into side smash pretty nicely. Nair was like his best move in .8.4 and the fact that it's been buffed here to be even more powerful...damn. Down B still seems iffy, I can only follow it up with down tilt so it seems best not to use it at all but well...everything else makes up for it hahaha

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMejArWpVs4

Here, I recorded myself doing it, pardon the poor recording.
Have you tried SH Forward > down-B?
You can slide across yr opponent while stomping. safe as ****.

CaraioTheCario

Smash Rookie
Geno shouldn't have a voice in my opinion.
It ruins the "Mysterious Being" that shrouds him.

... And the voice actor (no offense) makes him sound like the fat kid in class who is all ways seen with a slice of chocolate cake.

LuigiWee

Smash Rookie
Aaaaawwwwww yeeeeeaaaahhhhh

New logo is in the OP now. Big thanks to Plasmis for working on it!

Also, the Crusade wiki is currently out-of-order due to an issue with a rather persistent little Kooparaider. I would advise you not go there until we have the issue resolved.
Kooparaider? Who's he?

Anyway, nice work on the test demo guys.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
With 0.9: When I go to begin a match, the game basically black screens. One of the character-name-frames appears in the bottom left of the screen, but otherwise the game is unloadable. Tested on two computers.

Top Bottom