• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I think the character roster looks great :D

Is Lloyd Irving going to be in this, or will there only be one tales of... character?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Only one. With the way DLC works, Cless will be the only Tales Of character, and he was the most popular by a lot when the poll was running (which had Cless, Lloyd and one other person that I can't remember).

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Aaaaawwwwww yeeeeeaaaahhhhh

New logo is in the OP now. Big thanks to Plasmis for working on it!

Also, the Crusade wiki is currently out-of-order due to an issue with a rather persistent little Kooparaider. I would advise you not go there until we have the issue resolved.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Just wait until we've finished adding it to all the attacks that need it. |D

Also a third Mother rep is confirmed, it's either going to be Porky or Claus. The poll is still running for another week or so. I'll update the roster in the OP eventually.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
It's because entire Crusade community hates him for publication of videos with modded sprites.

OMG WHAT A SINNER WE MUST KILL HIM!!!!!
That was before (now i am a dev and everybodys loves what i do XDD). I posted this on a "certain" page xDDDD

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm around not as often as back when Crusade was SSBC, not Project Crusade.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
That was before (now i am a dev and everybodys loves what i do XDD). I posted this on a "certain" page xDDDD
Doesn't seem to have changed the fact that people still dislike your videos. :p

Also: Falcon subscribed to my youtube channel after I posted that drill-resting video on the facebook page.
So he's still paying attention. :D

According to DMX, Falcon said that DK is the only thing he has to finish so it shouldn't be too much longer now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just learned of this, and I want to put a character suggestion (dunno if it's confirmed or not), but how about Victini?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Unfortunately there isn't really much of a chance of Victini getting into Crusade at the moment... We already have the Pokemon section of our roster finalized (Zoroark is our 5th gen rep), and there's only going to be one rep in DLC (which seems to be a very close call between Meowth and Deoxys, but it won't be decided for at least another year). I think there's an SSF2 expansion being made though.

He did have a bit of support for a while, but Zoroark murdered Victini in the poll I held for the final Pokemon main roster rep.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Unfortunately there isn't really much of a chance of Victini getting into Crusade at the moment... We already have the Pokemon section of our roster finalized (Zoroark is our 5th gen rep), and there's only going to be one rep in DLC (which seems to be a very close call between Meowth and Deoxys, but it won't be decided for at least another year). I think there's an SSF2 expansion being made though.

He did have a bit of support for a while, but Zoroark murdered Victini in the poll I held for the final Pokemon main roster rep.
Zoroark beat him? That's disgusting, really. Victini has... Ah, nvm, no waste ur time. Hope this goes well, though. Good luck.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Have you guys fixed traction and wavedashing yet?
I personally don't plan to. We don't need wavedashing, IMO.

Again, the reason it doesn't work is because of how momentum is calculated upon hitting the ground. If you start on the ground and are hit by an attack with a very low angle (Jigglypuff's D-Smash, for example) you'll slide along the ground until the knockback wears off. If you're in the air and hit the ground for any reason, your horizontal momentum resets to zero. I don't know how to change this, and don't have any reason to figure it out.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Detta, Remove Hspeed=0, that resets the Hor momentum.

EDIT: Mmmmm thats pretty buggy, it will make the characters slide until they reach the end of the stages (Like the moonwalk that i discovered for G&W)

Maybe we can do it via timer, something like, after some amount of time, decrease the momentum until it reaches 0

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Detta, Remove Hspeed=0, that resets the Hor momentum.

EDIT: Mmmmm thats pretty buggy, it will make the characters slide until they reach the end of the stages (Like the moonwalk that i discovered for G&W)

Maybe we can do it via timer, something like, after some amount of time, decrease the momentum until it reaches 0
It's probably because there's literally no traction code for transitioning from air to ground. If the characters already have a ground traction attribute, just put a code in to apply it from a landing. Without considering wavedashing, it'd be nice to have landing momentum in so that combos link nicely instead of looking clunky.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if you guys have realized this already but the arc on Ness' PK Thunder is really freakin huge and it's at least as bad as Smash 64. Fix it to Brawl size so he can recover please.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
...Right.
The poll that was held. There.

Point is Victini got killed in the poll.

EDIT: Also, Anthony Higgs has won the Metroid poll and Samurai Goroh has won the F-Zero poll. The OP will be updated eventually.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Hey look, I'm doing things too. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmMCXkbpEX4

Lucario update video.
Changes made:
-Short-Hop speed increased.
-Gravity (fall speed) decreased.
-F-Air base knockback and knockback growth reduced.
-Interrupt frames on F-Air increased from 2 to 6.
-Landing lag on F-Air increased from 9 frames to 15 frames (Lucario's F-Air will not be compatible with l-cancel).

As soon as we hear back from Falcon and actually get some characters with finished sprites we'll be able to code new characters, but for the time being we're stuck with balancing stuff. Suggest away~

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I had to hold off on the Open-Source version until I had the proper .gmk, but now that I have it and know what to do, I should be able to make it. Sorry for the delay though. Should be released by the end of Thanksgiving Break, or at the very latest as a co-release with 0.8.

DocTETTA

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the game and patch
when i try to input the patch or run the game it pops an error saying "Cannot Read Game File"
anybody got a solution???

Top Bottom