• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
So, wow, I haven't been here in forever.

Over on our forums it was recently announced that Donkey Kong will be in the next demo! GET HYPE

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Donkey who?

EDIT: Also which style sprite are you going with for him? I never liked the one from King of Swing or the one over at TSR found here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/supersmashbros/donkeykong_icon.gif

I feel like DK needs to be bigger than he usually is in smash clones.
The one you linked to... Ugh.

It's a custom edit of King of Swing. His face looks different, and the palette is more Melee-like than Brawl-like.

By the way, Super Smash Land is cool.

4nace

Smash Ace
Hmmm I could see that working. After looking at it a king of swing sheet, its not too bad. With a recolor it could match the other characters fairly well. It's much better than any other existing sheet at least =P

-4nace

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I think a couple of things need to be changed in the OP.
MP3 files can be used and there's no longer a need to convert to OGG Vorbis.
Some new screens might be nice.
The logo should be updated to the newer version (could wait until 0.7, I suppose).
In the FAQ section, there's a typo. "Will this game include and Online Play feature?" should be "Will this game include an Online Play feature?"
From what Falcon's said about the physics changes, it seems that this statement may be reversed: "As far as physics go, it will be more like Brawl than Melee."

DaviD DaW15

Smash Cadet
OK, sooo what's the deal? Three days NO SIGN OF LIFE AROUND THIS TOPIC! Oh whatever...
Bobbery:

Standard combo: kick, kick, headbutt 3% each

Smashes:
Side: Kirby-like kick uncharged: 10% low knockback, Full charge: 20% medium knockback
Down: Spins on his head hitting with his legs. 11% low knockback Full charge: 17% low-medium knockback
Up: Two Upward kicks: 7% each. low-medium knockback Full charge: 10% each, high knockback.
Run attack: Jumps forward and explodes 6%

Aerial:
Neutral: Rotates for 360 degrees with his legs straight 4%
Forward: Downward headbutt, can meteor smash 5%
Down: Dives into the ground 5-7%
Back: Kicks backwards 6%
Up: 3 kicks with head to the ground, does 3% each

Grabs & Throws:
Grab: No ideas
Down throw: sits on the enemy and explodes 11%
Forward and Back throws: Kicks the enemy 11-12%
Up throw: Headbutt. 13%
Specials:

Neutral: Bomb
Bobbery detonates in his place. The more Bobbery doesn't use this move the more powerful it is. Low Charge: 10% low knockback, small explosion. Medium charge: 16% medium knockback, medium sized explosion. Full Charge: 21% Bobbery flashes red, high knockback, BIG explosion.

Side special: Bomb Squad
Bobbery throws three small bombs. Each does 6%. They explode after 2 sec. or untl an enemy touches it. Low knockback

Down special: Hold Fast
Bobbery counters any attack with an explosion. Medium knockback, 8-16%, the special move button can be held for countinous countering(you can hold the button to protect self until an attack hits you, can't counter FSmashes)

Up special: Flying Blast

Bobbery explodes with his bottom half. Similar effect to Bomberman's Up B. 11% low knockback.

FINAL SMASH: BOB-OMBOFAST
Bobbery explodes in zig-zag(in place,upper right(*from the place he exploded), and to the upper left(*)). Each explosion is massive , deals 50% and high knockback.

If I missed something, tell me. BTW, this is my longest post ever!
Awesome how everyone ignored this.
Nice one you have there.
Love the FS.

Now we need a sheet.. ^^

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Been following this game for a bit but I want to give you some of my thoughts. Combo meter could be a bit more lenient, because it has the same problem as regular smash where it's inescapable but it's either not fast enough to be counted or has tumble state. I really like how Damage Ratio doesn't affect hitstun, I always play with 75 damage ratio because low hitstun was the thing I hated most about Brawl.

Now for a few character specific things:

Lucas: Great that he's really branching out from Ness, he's my second favorite character in this game. but I find Lucas' Side Special a bit useless. It's slow and it doesn't really do much, if you ever get to land it there's so much better things you can do, it's like a weaker slow FSmash you can use in the air.

Ness: I'm a big Ness fan but I kind of don't like Ness in this one. His aerials need a lot more range and power, especially his Bair which needs to have a lot less start-up time and a lot more range. PKT seems kind of awkward to control, and this goes with Lucas to, but I can imagine that's it's a big pain to program.

Lucario: is the best.

Goku: One of my favorites to use, but a few things bother me about him. Kamehameha is a bit gimmicky, I would change it to how SSF2 did it, it's just really weird the way it is now with it's extremely OP edgeguarding damage and range (infinite lol) yet very predictable and slow, either your opponent ***** you or there's nothing he can do about it when you watch in horror. Kind of like MK's Brawl tornado. Also, Kioken shouldn't cancel out all horizontal momentum, I'd also change this to a more SSF2 feel. Fair also needs a lot more range, its pretty useless, and this kind of goes towards aerials in general.

Fox: A bit disappointed on this one. Fox should play pretty slow and heavy, and his grab and Bair need more range. All moves are way to slow in general, and it'd be great if you have him a traditional jump-cancel shine.

Ryu (regular): Another one of my favorites, Ryu is a great character, and the Final Smash cancels are a nice touch. I would speed up his regular Hadoken and keep his EX Hadoken at this speed. There's no point in doing the regular one because it's such a bad move, but his EX one is a bit OP with the weird priority thing. I'd also speed up and slightly weaken his Ftilt.

Falcon's kneeds epic buffs (bad pun lol), it's a bit sad. Everything needs a lot more range, everything's too close up in general, ESPECIALLY the knee. It's already annoying enough to trying to land it without a C-Stick. You should also go towards the direction of Brawl Minus with the Falcon Punch, it's his signature move, it should be really useful.

That's all for now. I left out all the things that would apply towards increased hitstun because that's not what you guys are balancing towards.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Anyone feel that Pichu should be in as DLC?

His normal attacks will pretty much be the same as Melee with a couple of changes, his F-air being one; it is now Iron Tail, and is a spike/meteor smash. His special moveset is getting a revamp though:
N-special: Thundershock. You can't really change this; it's nostalgic. And there has to be ONE move you'll never ever use. I mean, it's Pichu after all.
S-Special: Flail. I love Skull Bash with all my heart, but I can bear to part with it. This would be a brilliant move for Pichu to have, considering it's self-damaging nature and it's D-special...
D-Special: Endure. Pichu takes zero knockback from any attack within the next second or so. This attack would have very, VERY little start up (close to Rest, it is a priority move after all), but Pichu takes full damage and the attack has a medium amount of cooldown. The advantage of this is that if Pichu is attacked, it's allowed to move again (presumably) before the opponent finishes the attack. This move is further balanced by the fact that it would have something like stale move negation to the power of 10. If used twice in a row, the second use only has a 50% chance of successfully being executed. After that it just flails fails.
U-Special: Volt Switch. It's Agility with a different name, and now explains why Pichu takes damage from it.

FINAL SMASH: Static Charge
Pichu becomes electrically charged. It's movement speed increases, and it takes consistent damage (similar to Kaioken/whatever Goku's d-special is). However, the individual electric attacks do no extra damage to it. It also gains a slightly different moveset for the duration of it's FS:
N-Special: Shock Wave. Like Thundershock but much faster, higher priority, and moves in a straight line as opposed to bouncing.
S-Special: I'm honestly not sure if this would work better as Wild Charge or Thunderpunch. Wild Charge would essentially be a combination of Skull Bash and Egg Roll; it can be charged for more speed and power and the direction can be changed, but it cannot leave the ground during the attack. Thunderpunch would be... well, Thunderpunch.
D-Special: Magnet Rise. Pichu becomes more floaty and/or gains a third jump for five seconds.
U-Special: No change.
It would work similar to Giga Bowser; Pichu can take damage but not knockback. By the time it ends, Pichu would have naturally taken around 30-40% damage.

I also have a spritesheet to be edited, and have done a few already:

F-air.
I'm using the sheet created by "joejoe". It says for SSF2, but I don't think that's a problem if 90% of it is custom.
The idle, running and jumping sprites are unedited right from the sheet, the rest have been edited.

EDIT: F-Smash is complete:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
You know, we could have some (or just one) attacks do the Lucario style more damage more strength thing and Pichu hurting himself wouldn't be a huge disadvantage.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
That's what Flail and Endure are for. Flail will do more damage as Pichu takes it, and Endure allows Pichu to safely take more if it can't provide its own.
Speaking of which...

Endure and Flail are finished!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
In essence, yes. My idea is that after being hit you will be invincible for about a second so you can get out of the way of any follow-up attacks. The attack finishes as soon as you're hit though, so it's halfway between Super Armor and a counter, since you could theoretically use the invincibility to get an attack in.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Would it be possible to be able to use brstm files for Crusade? That alone would make you miles past other projects :D

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to be able to use brstm files for Crusade? That alone would make you miles past other projects :D
BRSTMs are kinda big for what they are... Plus, it's much easier to simply use OGGs and MP3s, since those are among the most common music formats. I don't see any point in adding BRSTM support.

Thanks for the extensive comments. Don't really understand your review of Fox though - he has a lot of fast attacks and pretty fast movement as well.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I played Fox some more, I agree that he is pretty fast. It just took a bit to adjust because he has a pretty different (and kind of refreshing) feel compared to Melee. Any thoughts on PKT control?

Smash Apprentice
pk thunder? to control good you can't be pressing two button to move it you can only press one

like if you press up and right it won't go to where you want it to go

but by pressing right then up it will

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I played Fox some more, I agree that he is pretty fast. It just took a bit to adjust because he has a pretty different (and kind of refreshing) feel compared to Melee. Any thoughts on PKT control?
That could be because he is based off of the Brawl iteration.

I'm not much of a spriter, but I have an Idea for a DLC or extra stage. I'll brb with a mockup or the like.

Edit: Over here
http://www.mediafire.com/?1dbf1atrx55q5om

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
That could be because he is based off of the Brawl iteration.

I'm not much of a spriter, but I have an Idea for a DLC or extra stage. I'll brb with a mockup or the like.

Edit: Over here
http://www.mediafire.com/?1dbf1atrx55q5om
-scratches my chin-

That looks awfully familiar.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=1&Reported=All&Name=*Crystal+Cave*&ByUser=*&Credit=*&Info=*&Thumb1=*&Type=**&TypeAlt=*

Oh yeah, you made it a stage hack for Brawl. I actually did enjoy that stage.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
A wip of Fighting Polygon Team ;D

Been following this game for a bit but I want to give you some of my thoughts. Combo meter could be a bit more lenient, because it has the same problem as regular smash where it's inescapable but it's either not fast enough to be counted or has tumble state. I really like how Damage Ratio doesn't affect hitstun, I always play with 75 damage ratio because low hitstun was the thing I hated most about Brawl.

Now for a few character specific things:

Lucas: Great that he's really branching out from Ness, he's my second favorite character in this game. but I find Lucas' Side Special a bit useless. It's slow and it doesn't really do much, if you ever get to land it there's so much better things you can do, it's like a weaker slow FSmash you can use in the air.

Ness: I'm a big Ness fan but I kind of don't like Ness in this one. His aerials need a lot more range and power, especially his Bair which needs to have a lot less start-up time and a lot more range. PKT seems kind of awkward to control, and this goes with Lucas to, but I can imagine that's it's a big pain to program.

Lucario: is the best.

Goku: One of my favorites to use, but a few things bother me about him. Kamehameha is a bit gimmicky, I would change it to how SSF2 did it, it's just really weird the way it is now with it's extremely OP edgeguarding damage and range (infinite lol) yet very predictable and slow, either your opponent ***** you or there's nothing he can do about it when you watch in horror. Kind of like MK's Brawl tornado. Also, Kioken shouldn't cancel out all horizontal momentum, I'd also change this to a more SSF2 feel. Fair also needs a lot more range, its pretty useless, and this kind of goes towards aerials in general.

Fox: A bit disappointed on this one. Fox should play pretty slow and heavy, and his grab and Bair need more range. All moves are way to slow in general, and it'd be great if you have him a traditional jump-cancel shine.

Ryu (regular): Another one of my favorites, Ryu is a great character, and the Final Smash cancels are a nice touch. I would speed up his regular Hadoken and keep his EX Hadoken at this speed. There's no point in doing the regular one because it's such a bad move, but his EX one is a bit OP with the weird priority thing. I'd also speed up and slightly weaken his Ftilt.

Falcon's kneeds epic buffs (bad pun lol), it's a bit sad. Everything needs a lot more range, everything's too close up in general, ESPECIALLY the knee. It's already annoying enough to trying to land it without a C-Stick. You should also go towards the direction of Brawl Minus with the Falcon Punch, it's his signature move, it should be really useful.

That's all for now. I left out all the things that would apply towards increased hitstun because that's not what you guys are balancing towards.

Sorry sir, you are wrong XDDDDDDD

Lucas Fspecial is one of his best attacks o-o Is an infi combo, with a good timing is impossible to escape from it

Fox??? Slow and heavy ?? wut???? In ALL the samsh attacks he is Fast. ANd in crusade all of his moves are fast o.o He have the best combo potential in Crusade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV3WNvHXrhg

dettadeus

Smash Lord
It's still being developed. Gooey, Donkey Kong (with temporary sprites, I believe) and Mr. Game&Watch are the new characters, Classic Mode has been added and there are supposedly a few new stages.
G&W is still being made, as far as I know. I can only assume as much since I haven't gotten a new test version yet.
We're not quite sure when exactly, but it should be this month.

LuigiWee

Smash Rookie
It's still being developed. Gooey, Donkey Kong (with temporary sprites, I believe) and Mr. Game&Watch are the new characters, Classic Mode has been added and there are supposedly a few new stages.
G&W is still being made, as far as I know. I can only assume as much since I haven't gotten a new test version yet.
We're not quite sure when exactly, but it should be this month.
Let's hope so. I've heard that is not this weekend according to Falcon8r.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
How can you be mad? Think about it from a different perspective. Falcon has to do all the coding. It's not like you type in one line of code and a character is done. And for that matter, it was DMX (who has nothing to do with the coding in the first place) who announced the date.
If we could tell you everything that's going to be in the new demo, you'd be fine waiting a little longer, but some stuff is supposed to be a surprise. 3 new characters (including one newcomer), some new stages and Classic Mode? That alone is worth waiting for.

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
^^Exactly that, Det.

I really think some people underestimate the effort it takes to code things.

And heck, who knows. Maybe having the demo delayed might allow them to work on the Fighting Sprite Team and Race to the Finish.
Yes, it's unlikely, but hey, who knows.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
^^Exactly that, Det.

I really think some people underestimate the effort it takes to code things.

And heck, who knows. Maybe having the demo delayed might allow them to work on the Fighting Sprite Team and Race to the Finish.
Yes, it's unlikely, but hey, who knows.
Fighting sprite team is ready :p

dettadeus

Smash Lord
1. No.
2. I still don't think it's ready, and I'm pretty sure Falcon said it wasn't going to be in anyways because of a lack of sprites. If they got sprites within the last month or two, then maybe it would be finished, but I doubt it.

Top Bottom