• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

SonicTHDark

Smash Cadet
The problem with SSF2 is that they focus too much on sprites.
I mean honestly.
On a computer game, graphics are the least of importance.
I see no complaints on 8-bit style games.

NEW POLLLLLL
All the following characters have potential to be in.
Which would you most like?
Up to 3 characters per want.

Arthur(Ghosts 'n Goblins)

Nightmare(Soul Calibur)

Zant(The Legend of Zelda)

Chun-Li(Street Fighter)

Black Shadow(F-Zero)

Shantae(Shantae)

Strong Bad(Homestarrunner)

Jack Cayman(Mad World)
Jack
Zant
Black Shadow

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
And i am pretty dissapointed that Geno from SSF2 (he is a dev) order the removal of Mewtwo sprites. That kind of lost me intrest in playing SSF2 (they dont even know if they are gonna add Mewtwo or not).
That wasn't Geno. That was a group agreement, that since the Crusade team went and got the sheet off of our database that they should at least get permission since the sprites were made specifically for SSF2 (but not marked as such). We offered alternate sprites when CheDDar-X said no (the original creator). That's a pointless grudge to hold and it's behind us all now. We've all talked this through.

The problem with SSF2 is that they focus too much on sprites.
I mean honestly.
On a computer game, graphics are the least of importance.
I see no complaints on 8-bit style games.
8-bit is a style, that has to be fit. You can't have a rainbow of colors on a game and call it 8-bit. JUS is a style, too, which SSF2 uses right now. We don't want our game to look like vomit. Crusade cares about sprites as well, if you haven't noticed. It's very important to give a good first impression because, unfortunately, nobody will care about your engine if the game looks bad.

SSF2 dropping such a popular character?

Now THIS is news.
We're not dropping anyone per se, but we're revamping the roster completely. Nobody is safe. We deconfirmed Vegeta to make way for the rest of the changes, such as the addition of Black Mage.

All deconfirmed characters are expected to come back in the first batch of official expansions, as well. So, it's no big deal. This just means they won't be in the story or in Classic mode.

their roster contains many 4th parties and fan creations.
All of the characters in SSF2 have appeared on a Nintendo console at least once. That's our only rule. So there's no Master Chief or Scout from TF on our roster.

I don't understand why Crusade's fanbase is still firing shots lol. The dev teams of both games are cool with each other now.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
All of the characters in SSF2 have appeared on a Nintendo console at least once. That's our only rule. So there's no Master Chief or Scout from TF on our roster.
So, the fan creations are dropped? Thank God then.
I don't understand why Crusade's fanbase is still firing shots lol. The dev teams of both games are cool with each other now.
Well, I didn't really mean to offend anyone, but fans of both games will always fire shots from time to time. That cannot be avoided.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Adding any forth party is dumb IMO, unless the sprites are flawless. If another crazy character has to happen, I choose Kite from the .hack series. He fits in much more then Vegeta AND Goku. (I know he isn't from a NIntendo game, but DBZ characters aren't even of VG origin)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I didn't say a thing about origin. The only rule is that they must have appeared on a Nintendo console at some point.

4nace

Smash Ace
I didn't say a thing about origin. The only rule is that they must have appeared on a Nintendo console at some point.
You should add JD from Scrubs. My sister and i were watching netflix on her wii. That dude is hilarious. Perfect for smash bros imo.

=P

-4nace

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
This looks great. ^_^
Is there any way that people can change the character voices themselves? Because I don't really like the voices Tails and Knuckles have.

-Edit: I also have some character ideas:
-Zelda/Sheik (Twilight Princess look).
-Ganondorf (Twilight Princess look).
-Deoxys.
-Zoroark.
-Bowser.
-Shadow the Hedgehog.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
This looks great. ^_^
Is there any way that people can change the character voices themselves? Because I don't really like the voices Tails and Knuckles have.

-Edit: I also have some character ideas:
-Zelda/Sheik (Twilight Princess look).
-Ganondorf (Twilight Princess look).
-Deoxys.
-Zoroark.
-Bowser.
-Shadow the Hedgehog.
No way to change the voices, but you could turn the sound effects off and have the music on (i think...)
Zelda/Sheik is going to be in at some point, since she's a veteran.
Ganondorf will be in as well for the same reason.
Deoxys has been confirmed.
Zoroark is a distinct possibility. I was the first to officially bring up the idea and Ralord (the spriter of Lucario) offered to sprite her for us.
I believe shadow has been confirmed to be on the roster as well.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
No way to change the voices, but you could turn the sound effects off and have the music on (i think...)
Zelda/Sheik is going to be in at some point, since she's a veteran.
Ganondorf will be in as well for the same reason.
Deoxys has been confirmed.
Zoroark is a distinct possibility. I was the first to officially bring up the idea and Ralord (the spriter of Lucario) offered to sprite her for us.
I believe shadow has been confirmed to be on the roster as well.
Ok, OK. Thanks for the info. Oh and also in the current version of SSBC, I'm not seeing Mewtwo, is he supposed to be unlocked in this version?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Haven't we gone over this... three or four times in the last couple pages?
From my "Everything you need to know" thread from the forum:
Q: Why isn't Mewtwo on the Character Select Screen?
A: The Mewtwo sprites we were using were originally made for Super Smash Flash 2 (SSF2 for short). We started using them, but the SSF2 devs came over and requested we remove Cheddar-X's sprites from the game. So, Mewtwo is no longer on the CSS.

I believe the reason is correct, but maybe an SSF2 dev will see and make it slightly more correct.s
Just read through the previous page again, never mind.

Is someone ever going to update the OP and say that Mewtwo isn't in at the moment?

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I just tried the latest version....

-Dodging does not turn you around like it should, this has thrown me off a lot, and gotten me into lots of trouble in situations where I needed to act quickly. I think it would be a good idea to fix that soon.
-I don't know if this is just for CPU players or not, but Metaknight seems ridiculously broken. the CPU was at level 5, and I fought him (using Lucario) time and time again, and eventually managed to beat him only by grabbing again and again until he was at killing percent, and then running in and hoping he didn't kill me instead. I was definitely being button read, and his attacks are way to fast for how much killing potential they seem to have.
-On that note, Lucario's counter is useless. And so is dodging too much of the time.

Still, looks pretty good for a fan project. I'd like to see higher res sprites, but I know that's hard to come by.

dettadeus

Smash Lord

-Dodging does not turn you around like it should, this has thrown me off a lot, and gotten me into lots of trouble in situations where I needed to act quickly. I think it would be a good idea to fix that soon.
-I don't know if this is just for CPU players or not, but Metaknight seems ridiculously broken. the CPU was at level 5, and I fought him (using Lucario) time and time again, and eventually managed to beat him only by grabbing again and again until he was at killing percent, and then running in and hoping he didn't kill me instead. I was definitely being button read, and his attacks are way to fast for how much killing potential they seem to have.
-On that note, Lucario's counter is useless. And so is dodging too much of the time.

Still, looks pretty good for a fan project. I'd like to see higher res sprites, but I know that's hard to come by.
Dodging: Never really bothered me, but could probably be fixed easily.
Meta Knight: He seems a lot worse than in brawl, in my opinion. He's pretty easy to beat as Krystal and Jigglypuff, at least. I don't think I've actually played him as Lucario though...
Lucario's Counter: YES. I totally agree with this. Although I've created ways around it, so I never really use it in the first place.

Falcon88

Smash Ace

Hey, thanks for pointing that stuff out. Luckily, I've already tried to address this stuff.
- Dodging has been revamped a lot. You can no longer roll-dodge off edges, the speeds are different, and, when dodging forwards, your character will turn around.
- Meta Knight is not broken. The CPU Meta Knight is hard. Although I will say Meta Knight could be toned down a little.
- Lucario's Counter now has a larger hitbox and moves farther during the attacking part.

D

Deleted member

Hi. I was wondering, if you were to rename Lucario's Files "mew2" and Mewtwo's files "lucario" What would happen? Would it just cause a super glitch? Just wanted to know before I attemt. Great Game! Finaly, Someone realizes that Ness's FS should be PKRockin' Not PK Starstorm!

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Hi. I was wondering, if you were to rename Lucario's Files "mew2" and Mewtwo's files "lucario" What would happen? Would it just cause a super glitch? Just wanted to know before I attemt. Great Game! Finaly, Someone realizes that Ness's FS should be PKRockin' Not PK Starstorm!
Nothing would happen, and I don't suggest you attempt in the first place. Mewtwo was taken out for a reason, and until we get new sprites, he can't be put back in.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Simple, it would not work. All that would be swapped is sprites and sounds. As far as I know, characters are hardcoded now - it would be really, really hard to fit all character abilities into eight freaking floating points after all.

So, I guess devs are far away from expansions now.

D

Deleted member

It actualy replaces his sprites, and some of his attacks. thats all.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I know you guys are aiming for a Brawl feel, but I honestly think the game would be a lot better if it were like B+.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Of course, we three have each made a couple of sheets, but they take around a month and we want the game to be done possibly before Fall 2010.
Best find ever, David.

Z.E.R.O.

Smash Rookie
I might have a suggestion. Since ryu was added, why not add ken into the mix? if not ken, why not dan? who knows? it might just benefit it a little. other than that, this game is fine the way it is. :p

LuigiWee

Smash Rookie
C'mon guys, I want a second chance on the wiki and the forums....
I promise not to cause anymore trouble...

Top Bottom