• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
Something that's been going down on the forum.
A lot of people have been arguing whether F.L.U.D.D. should be in the game, as Mario's down special, as an item, or not in the game at all.
Unfortunately As an item we have 5 votes, and as a special there are 7 votes.
What does everybody here think?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
At the moment, it is more likely to be a special move, but I like Mario Tornado too much...

In other news, Classic mode is almost done. Just need to work on Race to the Finish and Credits. High Score system currently works, and on the character select screen, best times for characters are also shown in addition to their scores.

Smash Apprentice
how many names would be even in the credits?

hmm...unless you had the people from the forums username and the people who mae the sprites and credit them who else id going to be in the credits

i hope im in the credits at least for finding sprites/support/ideas/and geting more members to help crusade

it will be redcd : supporter/helper at the very least

Smash Apprentice
I don't care what you do with F.L.U.D.D. as long as it's not a special. Replacing Mario Tornado with that in Brawl seriously pissed me off.
ryu has 4 forms for no reason
what if mario has 3 forms
1. normal mario
2. F.L.U.D.D. MARIO
3. DR.MARIO

can we at least agree to that

Smash Apprentice
under ryu there is a tab to switch forms for mario there could be a tab to switch to fludd mario or dr.mario

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Well, in 0.6 we currently have these characters playable:
Veterans:
Mario
Link
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Yoshi
Fox
Kirby
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Ness
C. Falcon
Peach
Young (Toon) Link
Meta Knight
Wario
Lucas
Lucario
Sonic
Snake
Note: Mewtwo is not actually playable.

Newcomers:
Toad
Waluigi
Krystal
Tails
Knuckles
Ristar
Mega Man
Ryu/Evil Ryu (Street Fighter)
Bomberman
Saki (Sin & Punishment)
Mach Rider
Goku

Hope I didn't forget anybody... I was looking at this screenshot for reference:

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Sweet! Are you at liberty to say which yet or do I have to wait and see?

My personal choice would be Hot Top Volcano but anything is fine by me as long as you pull it off well.
That stage is a fun one; it's probably one of the first ones I played. I can't say specifically what stage yet.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Hey everybody!!!

HE'S FINALLY DONE!!!
Yep, after four months of staring at my computer for hours on end a few times a week, I finally completed the Ancient Minister.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Yay! Finally, an original Smash character. That's something the series has needed.

As soon as I fix all these glitches, he will be in.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Yay! Finally, an original Smash character. That's something the series has needed.

As soon as I fix all these glitches, he will be in.
Well, Phantom -for a lack of a better word- vetoed the idea. He gave me some good reasoning, and I replied in turn. I'm not giving up, but I'm not going to be too pushy either.
You guys should really discuss this kind of stuff more often. You're giving me rather opposite opinions, and I'm not sure which one of you has more power over the roster.
I've opened up the thread for everyone's honest opinions before the idea starts to die out; I want to know how many people support his inclusion and how many people oppose it before I even consider giving up, since "Popularity/size of fanbase" happens to be number two on the priority list. Even if it's just the people who care enough to join the forum.
So yeah, he had a good run, but the Ancient Minister's hover-pad may have just run out of juice.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
That stage is a fun one; it's probably one of the first ones I played. I can't say specifically what stage yet.
I see Dino Domain: Hot Top Volcano as one of the really iconic DKR stages and it being one of the early ones probably helps with that. Not only is it great fun but it has a lot of potential as a moving stage with fights ontop of the planes.
That's not to say that it's the one you should use though as I'm sure there are others with equal potential.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Is there a complete music package anywhere? I haven't played Crusade since the music files were split apart because I don't want to have to take the time out to grab each zip file and unzip them one by one just to get the full effect...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
ok thanks.

Has it been reported that if you're in the middle of a star KO right before the match ends & it goes into sudden death, you auto-lose?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Perhaps both players had momentum of some sort at the end from a non-clashing collision (happens in regular smash) and P2 died normally during P1's star KO animation?

EDIT: This may be more of an issue if you ever include the Ice Climbers.

Da Generic Name

Smash Cadet
That's weird. Why would a match end during Star KO unless it was a Team Battle?
WAIT A MINUTE

In smash, in a team match, the match would keep on going if P1 lost all his lives.
Does this mean that in Crusade, if one person loses all his lives, the match is ended?

Odd. In the files, Mewtwo's sprites and voices are in the files. How come he is not in?
Wow, could've sworn you were Dawis. XD

Here's the issue:
Mewtwo was originally in the game.
However, the sprites were supposed to be used for and only for SSF2, and were posted on a site where anyone can look at them. PLUS, the sprite sheet did not say only for SSF2.
Therefore, he was blocked out, but now we have a new spriter, Slissith, spriting him.

Anyone up for NiGHTS?
It'd give another nonSonic sega rep, he's an acrobatic, and his stages in his games are full of environmental beauty that could be used for a moveset. Plus magic can be used.
I'm trying to make a moveset.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Anyone up for NiGHTS?
It'd give another nonSonic sega rep, he's an acrobatic, and his stages in his games are full of environmental beauty that could be used for a moveset. Plus magic can be used.
I'm trying to make a moveset.
Agreed. Nights should be in

Top Bottom