• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Just FYI, guys, Wario is finished. He just needs a profile, and he'll be ready to be played.

I am in the process of rewriting the profiles. Since we have more space on the screen, we have decided to make them a bit longer. They will now feature full descriptions of the characters' Special Moves and Final Smashes.

D

Deleted member

For Goku's, you should add that his power level is OVER 9000!!!!

And add the different Final Smash's for Ryu and Goku, as well as add a profile for Evil Ryu and Zero Suit Samus.

D

Deleted member

That won't stop it from being used, though. As long as there is humanity with knowledge of it, it will be used. Even my nephews say it...although, they have no knowledge of DBZ. They just heard me say it once, and then they say it because they think it's funny.
But it's actually appropriate, because Goku is in Crusade. It wouldn't make sense to use other memes, now would it?:dizzy:

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
This game looks like epic win!.....

but of course I don't own a Windows anything anymore :p *kicks Mac*

Smash Apprentice
wait a while ago didnt falcon88 say he wanted item switching

which is where you turn this item off or on

D

Deleted member

About time. I've been wanting to increase item imput to the highest setting with only Smart Bombs, and then be Bomberman for an all-bombs match.

Smash Apprentice
oops look
Stage profiles? That's an interesting idea,

we plan on having Training Mode soon.
Not sure about pokeballs,

but one thing I plan on working on with items is Item Switch.
he says he plans to work on it

not that it'll be in the next demo

or maybe it will

Falcon88

Smash Ace
who else is done or almost done
Well, I'll give you a small preview.

Update! I have screen shots of a new stage and two new characters. Check it out.

Wario and Waluigi decided to pick a fight with Link and Young Link (Toon Link) at the new stage, the Great Sea. How fun for us to see!

Looks like it's an even match so far...​

Sometimes it rains out on the sea. Watch out for lightning as well! (I would have shown it, but it was very hard to get a good picture of the lightning.)​

Here's part of Young Link's Final Smash - Four Sword. All four of the Links are beating up on Wario! That's cruel...​

The Final Smash ends with a huge aerial Spin Attack much like Toon Link's Up Special in Brawl. Wario did not survive that!​

Wario is completely finished, and we're going to polish a few of Young Link's animations as well as change his mugshots and other menu items, which all say "Child Link". The Great Sea just needs a few more background islands, and it should also be done.

We should be updating soon, but it probably won't be including all the stuff we originally said it would include. However, I think the updates to game mechanics are important, and I don't want to keep you all waiting for your chance to play the new version. Not to mention, Wario and Young Link are now two of my favorite characters.

D

Deleted member

So for Young/Toon/Child/Taco Link, will he be less of a clone of Link than in Brawl?

Smash Apprentice
in the second pick wario has his final smash

i guess he missed

i mean you missed since your first player

or were you

GOLDEN

doesn't it matter i mean thanks to attitude like that mewtwo,DR. Mario,pichu,and Roy

didn't make it into brawl

expect mewtwo because he wasn't a clone he just got replaced

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
Just make sure the game hits 1.0.0 someday. It drives me nuts that developers assume that 1.0.0 == flawless release. Version 1.0.0 means it is conceptually complete and stable. Sure, bugs and issues will arise, but that's what 1.5.0 and 2.0.0 milestones are for!

Sorry... random rant... It just bugs me that perfectly good, usable software stays under 1.0 forever...

D

Deleted member

in the second pick wario has his final smash
GOLDEN

doesn't it matter i mean thanks to attitude like that mewtwo,DR. Mario,pichu,and Roy

didn't make it into brawl

expect mewtwo because he wasn't a clone he just got replaced
Many things wrong with this post.

1. They weren't removed for THAT. Mewtwo was removed due to stupid roster limits. Roy was removed because he seemed too obscure. (They WILL return in the future.) Pichu was removed due to being a joke character. Dr. Mario was removed because it wouldn't make sense to see two of the same character side by side in SSE (Toon Link is a different person from Link).

2. Mewtwo was not replaced. I grow tired of exlaining this, so here's the tl;dr version: Both Mewtwo and Lucario were supposed to be playable. Sakurai needed only 4 Pokemon characters because he foolishly only had 4 Mario characters. Game Freak demanded Lucario stay. Pikachu and Jiggs safe due to Original 12 rule. Trainer would leave a huge gap in data if removed. Mewtwo axed before he was finished. Mewtwo will return for SSB4.

3. Toon Link has potential to be at least in semi-clone status, so if more of his moves are different than Link's, he won't be in the clone area, but in the semi-clone area along with Falco, Lucas, Ganondorf, Wolf, etc. More of his moves should actually take from his games that are unique from Link.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
So for Young/Toon/Child/Taco Link, will he be less of a clone of Link than in Brawl?
About the same as Brawl with changes mainly in throws and Special Moves. I rather liked him in Brawl, so I didn't want to mess with the formula too much. But, he is a little different.

His Up Special is now the Deku Leaf from Wind Waker. It works much like in that game, actually. I think you'll find it to be quite unique. Also, he uses Bombchu instead of bombs. Think of it like Pikachu's B, but explosive.

Just make sure the game hits 1.0.0 someday. It drives me nuts that developers assume that 1.0.0 == flawless release. Version 1.0.0 means it is conceptually complete and stable. Sure, bugs and issues will arise, but that's what 1.5.0 and 2.0.0 milestones are for!

Sorry... random rant... It just bugs me that perfectly good, usable software stays under 1.0 forever...
This game will not be 1.0 until we have working 1-Player modes.

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice

1. They weren't removed for THAT. Mewtwo was removed due to stupid roster limits. Roy was removed because he seemed too obscure. (They WILL return in the future.) Pichu was removed due to being a joke character. Dr. Mario was removed because it wouldn't make sense to see two of the same character side by side in SSE (Toon Link is a different person from Link).

2. Mewtwo was not replaced. I grow tired of exlaining this, so here's the tl;dr version: Both Mewtwo and Lucario were supposed to be playable. Sakurai needed only 4 Pokemon characters because he foolishly only had 4 Mario characters. Game Freak demanded Lucario stay. Pikachu and Jiggs safe due to Original 12 rule. Trainer would leave a huge gap in data if removed. Mewtwo axed before he was finished. Mewtwo will return for SSB4.

3. Toon Link has potential to be at least in semi-clone status, so if more of his moves are different than Link's, he won't be in the clone area, but in the semi-clone area along with Falco, Lucas, Ganondorf, Wolf, etc. More of his moves should actually take from his games that are unique from Link.
nerd rage!!!! Nice explanation i was wondering why they cut mewtwo >.> but SSB developers always have a bad habit of getting things done too late so im guessing moar characters are gonna be cut lolol

Smash Apprentice

wow i never know sorry golden

D

Deleted member

About the same as Brawl with changes mainly in throws and Special Moves. I rather liked him in Brawl, so I didn't want to mess with the formula too much. But, he is a little different.

His Up Special is now the Deku Leaf from Wind Waker. It works much like in that game, actually. I think you'll find it to be quite unique. Also, he uses Bombchu instead of bombs. Think of it like Pikachu's B, but explosive.
So he's basically to Link as Lucas is to Ness, and Wolf is to Fox. So now he's in the Semi-clone status! In the words of Zoidberg: "This, I like!":bee:

@itsjenyoumen and 12347:
Yeah, sorry about that...I got a little carried away...:psycho:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
Premium
BRoomer
This game will not be 1.0 until we have working 1-Player modes.
See? That's exactly what I'm talking about. It'll take eons for this project to reach version 1.0 (if ever at all). If tons of people are downloading and enjoying the game (aka it's stable), and you have a solid roster, it was version 1.0 a long time ago. Don't fall into that trap. It looks really bad hovering at 0.5 for an eternity just because it's not "done" in your eyes.

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
I don't get why this game doesn't have Donkey Kong. I mean, I'm not a big fan of his, but wtf.

Also Ryu and Goku is a bit... stupid imo. But at least it's not Sora.

Props on putting Bomberman in, he's the reason I'm going to try this.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
See? That's exactly what I'm talking about. It'll take eons for this project to reach version 1.0 (if ever at all). If tons of people are downloading and enjoying the game (aka it's stable), and you have a solid roster, it was version 1.0 a long time ago. Don't fall into that trap. It looks really bad hovering at 0.5 for an eternity just because it's not "done" in your eyes.
You've got a point, but I think that 1-player modes are coming soon. It'll probably only be event matches or something similar to that, but that should be good enough to bump this up to 1.0.

By the way, you're working on your own 2d platform fighter, right? I remember you saying that you wanted to make it like Mugen, and I just had an idea.

Do you want to join the Crusade team and try to make Crusade able to use fan-made characters? I have a feeling that the rest of the team would welcome a decent programmer like yourself.

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure about fan characters. That's something we're trying to avoid, actually- According to Phantom.
I agree with Phantom- This is Smash Bros where Characters from popular video games come together and fight. That's why Goku will be the only character past 3rd party.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm not sure about fan characters. That's something we're trying to avoid, actually- According to Phantom.
I agree with Phantom- This is Smash Bros where Characters from popular video games come together and fight. That's why Goku will be the only character past 3rd party.
I know, I know.

I meant that after the game is finished, we could put in a system that allows people to make their own characters and put them in, like Mugen.

D

Deleted member

And have potential "Rare Akumas", "Yuiitusins" (ironically where I got my name from...), "F1s", "Omega Tom Hankses", etc.? No thank you.

Smash Apprentice
I know, I know.

I meant that after the game is finished, we could put in a system that allows people to make their own characters and put them in, like Mugen.
maybe this would be a good idea
but focus on the game first t
hen focus on this

Smash Apprentice
because i didn't know where to post this

on the forums and sometime people answer here

quicker than there

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Okay, I'll give ya an update then! :)

The latest news is that characters voices pitch up and down when their sizes change. I know it's something I should have done already, but you can now rejoice knowing that it's done. And Goku's Kamehameha is hilarious in Tiny mode.

More news: The Great Sea stage is finished! I think it's one of our best-looking stages so far. I really think this stage sets the standard for future ones. We might even polish up some of the older ones.

And more news: Now you may select Zero Suit Samus from the character select screen much like Ryu/Evil Ryu and their FS's. Coolness.

Also, I have been working on a Mario platforming game in 2D with some mechanics from the newer games. These mechanics include Wall Jumping, Spin Attacking (like in Galaxy), and Ground Pounding. I currently have most of the very basic things done, even a system for saving and loading progress, different Stars for levels, and an enemy engine with several enemies completed, including Homing Bullet Bills. It's coming along nicely, but I don't want it to slow down SSBC, so I'll probably get more serious about it when I feel the main features of SSBC are finished.

As for fan characters, I would love that, but I honestly was thinking of releasing the engine after it is mostly finished. I think the engine wasn't designed with outside customization in mind...

I know this post is long, but I have an idea ...! What if there were settings to change gravity and hit stun in-game? I was playing Melee today, and I realized that the speed of the game made it fun, and wondered if there would be a way to play SSBC with that speed without destroying the game.

D

Deleted member

I honestly think (and please don't shoot me for this...) that fast speed would destroy the game if played with a keyboard. Some keyboards do not function if too many keys are used at the same time or in succession.
Had computers be able to use the GC controller, I would simply use that...

Smash Apprentice
great does Saki have a final smash now i heard you guys couldn't think of one

and i have been playing kirby air ride and

wanted to know when will kirbys star item be available

along with Mr.freeze

since bomber man has frozen bombs

Mr. freeze shouldn't be that hard

also a lava or volcano stage from kirby air ride would be cool

DBlock14

Smash Journeyman
are there any sprites for kirby's Dragoon? I was maybe thinking, why not change kirby's FS to him riding his dragoon onto his enemy, like do a few flips and **** like master hand, swoop down and hit his enemies.

oh and LOVE the idea of a faster speed, it would make the game A LOT more enjoyable, but not too fast because just like Golden said, keyboards can't read multiple buttons being pushed and one time.

Top Bottom