• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Ghost392

Smash Cadet
I'm totally stoked, brah.

I've been interested in Bomberman, and seeing as how he's on Falcon88's sig, I take it he's pretty win.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
did you try uploading in parts?
Well, we kind of are - we are uploading the music separately from the rest of the game. At some point we might upload groups of songs, since they will probably get to be too big. Right now the game without music is 83.4 MB zipped, and the music is 156 MB zipped.

Okay, the demo itself is up! http://www.mediafire.com/?y4yyozlfgbj

However, the music is still uploading, and it isn't going too well. So, here's what you can do. You can take the music from 0.3 and paste it in the new game's music folder. However, there are new stages. So, you'll have to make new folders for them with the correct names. The new stages are

chemical
cutman
moses
zebes

In the music folder, make new folders with those names and insert your music in the corresponding folders. You can now use MP3's as well as Oggs. :)

Also, be aware that the game will work without music now, if you don't have the old music.

itsjenyoumen

Smash Apprentice
maybe you should only upload the new stage music only instead of uploading all the old ones with the new demo and like you said we'll just C/P the old music in

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, the bigger window lags me even more >.< I do like the new characters and stages though. Wondering, does zss sideb no longer auto sweetspot? Also, i was messing with the option to turn background music off, and I ended up with about 7 songs playing over each other at once :/ All in all it's a great demo though, nice work!

Dark knuckles

Smash Cadet
Well, we kind of are - we are uploading the music separately from the rest of the game. At some point we might upload groups of songs, since they will probably get to be too big. Right now the game without music is 83.4 MB zipped, and the music is 156 MB zipped.

Okay, the demo itself is up! http://www.mediafire.com/?y4yyozlfgbj

However, the music is still uploading, and it isn't going too well. So, here's what you can do. You can take the music from 0.3 and paste it in the new game's music folder. However, there are new stages. So, you'll have to make new folders for them with the correct names. The new stages are

chemical
cutman
moses
zebes

In the music folder, make new folders with those names and insert your music in the corresponding folders. You can now use MP3's as well as Oggs. :)

Also, be aware that the game will work without music now, if you don't have the old music.
can we put our music in the folders maybe?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Lol@720i

Obviously you dont know what that means.
960 x 720? If that's incorrect, I'm going to go jump off of a building in the next 5 seconds.

EDIT: Never mind, I just looked at different video formats on Wikipedia. It seems 720i doesn't exist after all, I guess I was trying to be too fancy, lol. I meant 960 x 720, though.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
As a die-hard Bomberman fan I tell you that you have wrong Super Bomberman release date in the profile (correct is 1993). I'd replace Bomberman Hero with Saturn Bomberman (1996/1997 depending on region) as well.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
As a die-hard Bomberman fan I tell you that you have wrong Super Bomberman release date in the profile (correct is 1993). I'd replace Bomberman Hero with Saturn Bomberman (1996/1997 depending on region) as well.
Sorry about that, that was actually just a typo. If you want to fix it, after you've downloaded the game, go into the "data / profiles" folder, then click "bomber". Where it says "games:" change Super Bomberman to 1993.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about that, it was merely a typo. If you want to fix it, after you've downloaded the game, go into the "data / profiles" folder, then click "bomber". Where it says "games:" change Super Bomberman to 1993.
To be honest, I saw it by opening the bomber.txt file. But thanks for quick answer.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I came here like DRMARIOX asked me to.
I'm the guy who attempted to voice for the announcer, then suggested Angelglory.
Anyways, I find Crusade to be the best fangame PERIOD.
Keep up the good work!:)

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Thanks for the comments! And sorry about the Bomberman typo - I mean no disrespect to the games. They are good.

So, if you want to put in your own music, you should have these folders:
asteroidfield
battlefield
castlesiege
chemical
common
css
cutman
final
goodegg
greenhill
hcastle64
menu
moses
mutecity
onett
pcastle
saffroncity
vegetable
zebes

Use the "css" folder for the main menu and character select. It should be easy to figure out the others. :) I'll be uploading the "menu" and "common" stuff along with the default "css" music shortly... with any luck. Our internet connection has been iffy lately. Just check on this folder periodically for music updates: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=64b035092ecb9db0e7ba8e3c6e11ce20665ee5d1c715a41f38538f5672f1b9df

D

Deleted member

I have a question.
Why are there Viewtiful Joe album pics in the music folder? I've seen this in every Demo that I've downloaded...
EDIT: And in the Super Sonic pic that was just posted, his eyes are green. They should be red. (Sorry to be nitpicky...)

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I have a question.
Why are there Viewtiful Joe album pics in the music folder? I've seen this in every Demo that I've downloaded...
EDIT: And in the Super Sonic pic that was just posted, his eyes are green. They should be red. (Sorry to be nitpicky...)
Viewtiful Joe's picture was sort of an accident. lol

Well, Super Sonic's eyes are green in Sonic 2...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I was able to teleport into the middle of hyrule castle with mewtwo and then fall to my death..

Smash Apprentice
i found saki in dr.mariox sig his in menu folder, mugshots scoll down and you see the person maybe
this is just like crystal his going to be in the next demo becuse crystal was in the fighter
folder in demo 3.0 but not playable

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
i found saki in dr.mariox sig his in menu folder, mugshots scoll down and you see the person maybe
this is just like crystal his going to be in the next demo becuse crystal was in the fighter
folder in demo 3.0 but not playable
You've got a good eye, man. Actually, Saki is planned to be one of the next characters, even though that was a complete accident.

I was able to teleport into the middle of hyrule castle with mewtwo and then fall to my death..
That's definitely not good. It's probably because there may be a small spot that's not covered with wall objects or not covered enough. I'll try it, though. EDIT: I tried it, and I couldn't manage to warp through the walls. I really don't know how that could have happened.

Other than that, what are your thoughts on the new update? :)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
That's definitely not good. It's probably because there may be a small spot that's not covered with wall objects or not covered enough. I'll try it, though. EDIT: I tried it, and I couldn't manage to warp through the walls. I really don't know how that could have happened.
I also did it with Link's FS, when it ended I was inside of the wall because I started it next to a wall.

Other than that, what are your thoughts on the new update? :)
Camera and copyrights aside it looks really good.

D

Deleted member

Glitches found:
1. (This was done with two players) On Stamina mode, if Kaioken Mode's damaging properties is what KO's Goku, it will not count as a KO, and the remaining player can move around like nothing happened. If they jump off the stage and die, the game does not end and the camera follows items that fall. If they self-destruct through Smart Bomb or their own bombs if Waluigi or Bomberman, THEN it ends, but it says "none wins!"

2. When Peach does her Neutral Air attack, her sprite is slightly larger than normal.

3. Megaman's first shot on his Neutral Special hits slightly behind him.

4. Not sure if it's just the Hadoken, but reflected projectiles don't turn around. They go backwards, but don't flip.

5. When Peach uses Toadsworth on a projectile, they just go through her like she isn't there.

Does this help any?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
What part of the stage? Was it through a wall, slope, or floor? I might be able to fix it more easily if I know which surface was the problem.

Glitches found:
1. (This was done with two players) On Stamina mode, if Kaioken Mode's damaging properties is what KO's Goku, it will not count as a KO, and the remaining player can move around like nothing happened. If they jump off the stage and die, the game does not end and the camera follows items that fall. If they self-destruct through Smart Bomb, their own bombs if Waluigi or Bomberman, THEN it ends, but it says "none wins!"

2. When Peach does her Nuetral Air attack, her sprite is slightly larger than normal.

3. Megaman's first shot on his Nuetral Special hits slightly behind him.

4. Not sure if it's just the Hadoken, but reflected projectiles don't turn around. They go backwards, but don't flip.

5. When Peach uses Toadsworth on a projectile, they just go through her like she isn't there.

Does this help any?
Yes, thanks. I'll be trying to fix those.

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
another glitch -

as soon as i transformed into Super Sonic, i flew into the air to hit someone, and then all of a sudden i detransformed! (the KO boundary caused that maybe?) i fell back down as regular sonic. then i got hit - i thought i was KO'ed, but i didn't for some reason! then while i was recovering back onto the stage, i died TWICE! yes, i lost TWO lives!

its like when i got the hit i went PAST the KO boundary! and it seemed like when i got back across it, thats when i died. not once, but TWICE!

wierd huh? :confused:

D

Deleted member

Also, while watching a fight between Fox and Krystal, Krystal fell through the Asteroid Field stage and died. She fell through the left (reffering to how we face the stage) blue part of the Destructor.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It was on the left of the middle floor of hyrule. I teleported while moving backwards and the teleport ended about where the bottom platform is. I was able to reproduce going straight down in that general area.

EDIT: I've also experienced Smart Bomb collision SFX going READREADREADREADREADY and GOGOGOGOGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO! :E

D

Deleted member

I also have an idea that I told DRMARIOX:
Like how you can select Ryu and Evil Ryu, what if you could select Wario and Classic Wario?
The default Wario is Brawl's version, where Classic Wario is the overalls Wario with a moveset similar to the one I posted here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278758
Is that a good idea?

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
This game is amazing as a fan-made game, and it is FUN! I think just about every person in the first 10 pages (20 posts per) of this thread owe you an apology.

Smash Apprentice
a glich i found was that i was doing team battle with luligi kirby vs peach and mario the stage was peachs castle we were on the left and peach did her special and kirby fell asleep stuck there then mario and peach just followed me i trick peach into doing here special next to kirby again then he got unstuck kirby was stuck there for awhile
also who is saki

Top Bottom