• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Z? It's Not a Dream - It's Real

Which fantasy Smash Bros. title would you want to play the most?

• Smash Bros: DBZ Edition

Votes: 183 26.3%
  • Smash Bros: Final Fantasy Edition

Votes: 131 18.8%
  • Smash Bros: Capcom Edition

Votes: 166 23.9%
  • Smash Bros: Comic Books Edition

Votes: 80 11.5%
  • Smash Bros: Metal Gear Solid Edition

Votes: 51 7.3%
  • Smash Bros: Another Edition That I've Commented About Below!

Votes: 84 12.1%

• Total voters

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Super Smash Bros. is a series that has seen its fair share of high-profile mods. Melee has the 20XX Hack Pack, Brawl has Brawl+, Brawl-, and Project M, and even the 3DS version has seen its music files broken into. All of these mods have focused on changing the gameplay of their respective games, but none of them have really looked to make anything more than mechanical changes. One Japanese modding team has taken it a step further, and created Super Smash Bros. Brawl Z. It's exactly what it sounds like: a mod of Brawl that turns the entire cast into Z fighters! It's not simple re-skins, either - each character has their own unique moveset, filled with attacks and techniques straight from Dragonball Z.

Recently YouTube channel インD MARK-2 has been releasing TAS videos showcasing each of the playable characters. The most recent video features Teen Gohan, who sports energy beams, a Zero Suit Samus-esque down-air attack, and a Final Smash that will be familiar to fans of the show.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Z, feat. Teen Gohan
There are tons more characters to watch and admire, including Gotenks, Perfect Cell, Kid Buu, and more! Make sure to head over to the インD MARK-2 YouTube channel if you want to see more - if you speak Japanese, you might even be able to find a download link somewhere!

This just goes to show that Smash Bros. is a series that really could translate well into any series. Smash Bros: Pokemon Edition? Smash Bros: Final Fantasy Edition? They may never (read: definitely will never) happen, but one thing is for sure: everyone would play the heck out of them.

The Derrit really wants ____ editions of Smash. It would be pretty much the coolest. Tell him what incredibly unlikely edition of Smash you want to play on Twitter at @TheDerrit!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Jokes aside, this is a cool mod. If I weren't just a standard "copy files over to SD card for PM" scrub I'd try this out.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I thought Gohan was ins Smash 4... That gave me a scare...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to be releasing a mod as well. Prepare yourselves.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
At first I thought this was referencing Super Smash Flash 2...and then I read the title and thought it was referencing the fan animation series Super Mario Bros. Z....

Last edited:

FEOwain

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Super Smash Bros. Fire Emblem edition. I'd finally get to play as myself...

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I've always wanted Super Smash Bros: Everything Edition.

DARTH VADER VS. HARRY POTTER HYPE

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Goku in Smash?
OH GOD NO.

Also, I somewhat want Smash Bros Cartoon Network edition (though it would be better than the existing CN fighting games).
Please don't put Uncle Grandpa though.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
ew, just more PSA garbage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Infinitely better than anything the Project Melee team will ever dream of doing. :applejack:

Coin

Smash Rookie
Though the Japanese shonen side already have their own Smash-esque collaboration in Jump Super Star series. And Final Fantasy has Dissidia for whatever that is worth. Truth be told I would rather see a traditional 2D fighter for FF.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Also, when was Smash Bros Z a dream of mine?
You guys are looking at the wrong dreams, probably Miiverse's dreams.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros: Sony Edition

Oh wait...

-----

In all seriousness, I think Smash works best because of the star power of its roster. There aren't very many possibilities that will have the same pull that Smash itself does to me, so I dunno.

I do know quite a few people that would like an Indie Smash, which could be pretty cool.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm not even a big DBZ fan at all and what they've done so far impresses me so much.

I always say that more fighting games should use the Smash formula instead of the Street Fighter formula, and I ALSO say that Goku and pals should stay away from Smash because it isn't their place to hang with each other. Doing a mod that only has these characters solves both of these things beautifully.

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros: Sony Edition? BTW i'm working on a Crash Bandicoot PSA over Luigi(ShadowLuigi~NG~ helped me by porting the Crash's twinsanity model over luigi)-

Cr@zy &nger

Smash Rookie
NNID
crazydylan123
3DS FC
1332-8755-9018
This is a good mod but Goku or any Dragon Ball character will never be in Super Smash Bros, It isn't going to happen. Sorry.

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
Well, I would die if there was a super smash bros. maplestory, But That's more obscure than spongebob in smash.

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
The fact that its not like every other brawl mod that just makes ******** skins for characters is what makes this appealing to me.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros: Sony Edition? BTW i'm working on a Crash Bandicoot PSA over Luigi(ShadowLuigi~NG~ helped me by porting the Crash's twinsanity model over luigi)-
btw DBZ is not so good/popular for being in the biggest Nintendo videogame crossover :D

Last edited:

RyuHoshi92

Smash Rookie
NNID
PhoenixRyu92
I'd LOVE to see a Capcom Edition! It'd be my dream game! (Growing up with and influenced by both Capcom fighting games and Smash)

"Stop asking for Goku now"? If the Smashified series is any evidence, this will only make people want it more. Btw, how did they let the Dragon Brawl Z pun slip through their fingers?

Top Bottom