• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. x Super Smash Bros. Melee: Stupid name, but what do you think of the concept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I have doubts that Nintendo would ever do this, but I think this would be a neat way to give everyone what they want in a Smash Bros. for the Switch. The two biggest rumors right now are a third iteration of Sm4sh (more likely) or an HD remake of Melee. So, as the meme goes, why not both?

When you highlight over a character that is in both games you get to choose between their Smash 4 iteration or their Melee iteration. Choosing Toon Link lets you choose between Toon Link (4) and Young Link (Melee), and choosing Pikachu lets you choose between Pikachu (4), Pikachu (Melee) and Pichu (Melee). Ice Climbers are a special case as I think they might be back so you could choose between their Melee model or their new model.

I'd really like to see this integrated into the main game as much as possible but it might need to be separate for multiple reasons (not enough costumes for 8-player mode, how would the old characters handle the new items?). I could also see it being a side mode (xMelee mode or somtehing like that) without items like 8-player smash technically was - all compiled by itself to go straight into for tournaments.

The pro to this would be that the community could potentially be finally united under one common game. A MAJOR con could be that if one style of character is superior to another (Melee characters are faster, but Sm4sh controls easier with buffer for example) then one whole community could in effect be alienated :( So what do you all think of this as a concept?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom