• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Vision

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Hey, I am trying to make my own Super Smash Bros Fan-Game which is currently unfinished. But let me give you the bare basics of it: It's a freeware game and the graphics are made out of hand-drawn sprites and look more like a dream of sorts. The characters are mostly newcomers and there are some obscure characters that you've probably never seen before, And they are probably gonna be about 80% of the roster.

So don't expect characters like Marth or Olimar. (Sorry! :c)
SCREENSHOTS

(The more attention this gets, The more screenshots and info!)
The game is very small right now and i would LOVE to answer questions and take character requests.

That's all for now!

Not all characters are finished, Either there sprites are not drawn or the moves are not made yet. But Mario is almost done.

Revealed Roster:
I-Ninja

Croc
Peepers
Bubsy
Parappa
Crash Bandicoot
Mario

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think he misunderstood what type of game this is or the mod is simply unaware of what this board is for. It's for forum games, specifically forum games that are strategic in nature (mafia being the primary one played here), not fan made programmed outside games.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I think he misunderstood what type of game this is or the mod is simply unaware of what this board is for. It's for forum games, specifically forum games that are strategic in nature (mafia being the primary one played here), not fan made programmed outside games.
Where should i post this?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Where should i post this?
To be quite honest, no idea where this is properly categorized, this is something so rare that I don't even know if smashboards really has a place for this. Would say smash workshop but that's categorized into games it's hacking for, and there's no completely general forum. Lighthouse is probably the best place but it's intended for non smash games. There might simply not be a place for it which i'd have to say is an oversight.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
To be quite honest, no idea where this is properly categorized, this is something so rare that I don't even know if smashboards really has a place for this. Would say smash workshop but that's categorized into games it's hacking for, and there's no completely general forum. Lighthouse is probably the best place but it's intended for non smash games. There might simply not be a place for it which i'd have to say is an oversight.
Brawl Workshop's description says "adaptions of Super Smash Bros", Which i assume means fan-made games since Super Smash Bros Crusade topics are there.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Seems legit, good luck with this dude

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Dude this looks awesome! Good luck!

Some character suggestions from me would be Popeye, Nights, Phenox Wright, Captain Rainbow (lmao look him up its a legit game from the Wii) Excite Truck, Spyro the dragon, Chibi Robo, Frogger, Dr. Kawashima, Beedle (from Zelda) Monita from Nintendo Land, Doc Louis. (From Punch Out)
and K.K Slider.

I a lot of those are mostly obscure..

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Dude this looks awesome! Good luck!

Some character suggestions from me would be Popeye, Nights, Phenox Wright, Captain Rainbow (lmao look him up its a legit game from the Wii) Excite Truck, Spyro the dragon, Dr. Kawashima, Beedle (from Zelda) Monita from Nintendo Land, Doc Louis. (From Punch Out)
and K.K Slider.

I a lot of those are mostly obscure..
Popeye 1. I wanna limit this to video-game characters.
Nights 2. That's a possibility!
Phoenix Wright 3. He's not really obscure nor much of a fighter anyway.
Captain Rainbow 4. Maybe i will look up more about Captain Rainbow then think about it.
Excite Truck 5. Excite Truck can go die. :awesome:
Spyro 6. Maybe way in the future, I haven't even finished Crash!
Dr Kawashima 7. Literally too big.
Beedle 8. More of a joke than anything.
Monita 9. That would be really cool, I wanna implement her in some how.
Doc Louis 10. Again, More of a joke than anything.
KK Slider 11. yeahno

But i really appreciate this, I never really get noticed for anything so it's great that you care this much. I really wanna put Monita in this game somehow, And maybe as a character.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Popeye 1. I wanna limit this to video-game characters.
Nights 2. That's a possibility!
Phoenix Wright 3. He's not really obscure nor much of a fighter anyway.
Captain Rainbow 4. Maybe i will look up more about Captain Rainbow then think about it.
Excite Truck 5. Excite Truck can go die. :awesome:
Spyro 6. Maybe way in the future, I haven't even finished Crash!
Dr Kawashima 7. Literally too big.
Beedle 8. More of a joke than anything.
Monita 9. That would be really cool, I wanna implement her in some how.
Doc Louis 10. Again, More of a joke than anything.
KK Slider 11. yeahno

But i really appreciate this, I never really get noticed for anything so it's great that you care this much. I really wanna put Monita in this game somehow, And maybe as a character.
Haha no problem, I also added Frogger and Chibi-Robo in the list. What do you think about them?
Maybe you could have Monita in the loading screen giving Did you know tips.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Maybe you could have Monita in the loading screen giving Did you know tips.
I don't think there will be a loading screen, Like Brawl it will just freeze at the last frame.

Loading screens bore people and make them think things are taking longer than they actually are.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So...Smash Bros with no console restrictions?

Sounds interesting.
There is more to come! As you can see Mario is back to his NES appearence and is going to have a completely new moveset which represents Mario far more as if he were never in a Smash Bros game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Very interesting. To the nomination table I summon my champion:

Yes, you're like: "Who?"

Hailing from the iOS series Infinity Blade, Raidriar. The God King. Ruler of the unnamed planet the series is set in. A powerful member of the Deathless, biologically-engineered immortal species that inhabit the world of Infinity Blade.

Bio aside, he's a generic swordsman with a godly sword known as the Infinty Blade and a shield. Can't be too hard to work on.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Very interesting. To the nomination table I summon my champion:

Yes, you're like: "Who?"

Hailing from the iOS series Infinity Blade, Raidriar. The God King. Ruler of the unnamed planet the series is set in. A powerful member of the Deathless, biologically-engineered immortal species that inhabit the world of Infinity Blade.

Bio aside, he's a generic swordsman with a godly sword known as the Infinty Blade and a shield. Can't be too hard to work on.
Cool! I think his sword would be a great item.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Here's something to leave you with for the first day of this game's reveal.
It's a match of Bubsy VS Mario on Peeper's stage "Hunting Season".

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm pretty sure Peepers is not actually Duck Hunt Dog's name, and is just a fan-made rumor.

Also, what's DK and K. Rool doing there if it's supposed to be obscure characters?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I'm pretty sure Peepers is not actually Duck Hunt Dog's name, and is just a fan-made rumor.

Also, what's DK and K. Rool doing there if it's supposed to be obscure characters?
Well, This is a fan-made game!

It's not all obscure characters, I said mostly newcomers and obscure characters, Meaning they are allowed and might be common.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
hmmm not yet :3
None? Okay.

And by the way, The game is going to have trophies! Each trophy is a single drawing and there are no limits to what trophies can be in the game as long as if it is from a video-game.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
cool, do you take suggestions for ideas?
Yes, I said earlier that i love it when people ask questions about gameplay or what will and won't be included.

Character Requests: I'm probably not adding more characters than there are in the game now. (Unrevealed)
Trophy Requests: If you're requesting a trophy, It's very likely to be in.
Other: Depends.

Last edited:

HyrulesLegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHyrulesLegend
3DS FC
4253-4618-9274
Can we get some chrono trigger / geno up in this?

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Yes, I said earlier that i love it when people ask questions about gameplay or what will and won't be included.

Character Requests: I'm probably not adding more characters than there are in the game now. (Unrevealed)
cool.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord

oh cool.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Oh yeah and here's a trophy of Radical Rex!

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Bro. Like, you should totally get this done so i can play it
Heh, It's not like it will be done in a week or anything. I want this to be a huge game and all the characters aren't even done yet.

But i do appreciate that you want to play it though!

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Here's 3 songs that are going to be in the game. (You have to use your ears)

4nace

Smash Ace
So does that first track confirm Croc? Because I've always wanted to see him in a smash fan game :D

-Dan

Top Bottom