• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Unity

scottycj256

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1788 5030 7613
Hello, I am the creator of this project (that hasn't started development yet). I have seen plenty of projects recently on this forum that have failed to take off and a lot of them probably wouldn't necessarily appeal to the public which is probably why they failed, and the ones that were actually promising and were on the drawing board with actual progress being made to them just faded into obscurity. I recently decided that I would try to take on a project of this caliber and now here I am with a document of what I plan to put into this project if this actually does take off, and I am asking for help with Unity engine programming and animation and model work, and I'm also looking for people who have contacts with others who also have plenty of experience with Unity engine and making fighting games, because this is a hefty task that I want to do that might take a long time to materialize as a full product that is playable.

The project is called Super Smash Bros. Unity, a Unity fangame that has Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster combined with a dozen more newcomers plus anime characters for noncompetitive builds. Everyone is buffed to Melee top/high tier levels, more 3rd party representation, more music from both the newcomers' games and from other fangames, Xbox/GameCube/Steam Controller/PS4 controller compatibility, a good keyboard and mouse layout with support for macros to perform difficult tech methods, and a lot of other content is planned. Right now i plan for a future demo build to include 5 original Smash Bros stages and 6 characters that fill 7 niches: shotoclone, Spacie, rushdown character, spacing character, unique character moveset, 3rd party character, and anime character. The 6 characters being Mario, Fox, Falcon, Marth, Wayne Holden, and Ichigo Kurosaki. The 5 stages being Battlefield, Final Destination, The Arena, Waiting Room, Trophy stage from Melee, and the Coffee Shop test stage from Melee with Delfino's Secret music playing.

I plan for this game to be compatible with various frameworks like OpenSmash (if that ever comes out), and Project TUSSLE (a smash bros. engine made in Python with a 2.0 planned with Unity support). I also hope that others have the opportunity to host tournaments for this game and make more custom stages and OC newcomers to implement into the game after support for it is released. If you're interested in this project, contact me on Discord at coolzie#3215, thanks and prepare to Smash it out soon!

P.S. Here is the document with the **** I have so far.

Last edited:

scottycj256

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1788 5030 7613
Quick update:

I have changed around the project name plus changed the roster that will be joining the fray. The new project name will be ProjectUnity instead of Smash Bros Unity.

I have also decided to postpone the project until I learn to code in C++ and learn the basics of Unity engine. Instead I have decided to direct my attention towards Project L on Smashboards due to it being more plausible at this time.

Thanks for understanding.

Top Bottom