• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ver. 5.0.0 Released

Patch_Five_Ultimate.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s Ver. 5.0.0 patch released today, and Banjo & Kazooie have just joined the fight! They aren’t the only new things to check out in this patch either, there’s a ton of content that was added. Here's everything else that Ver. 5.0.0 includes:

Author’s Note: Personally, I really love the fact that Sans is actually in Smash, even if it is just a Mii Costume. Anyway, are you excited to play with any of the new content? Let us know in the comments below!

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Did anyone confirm a patch for Hero? I was wondering because of the ban.
The explosion of Kafrizz now functions like a proper projectile, meaning that it can be reflected/absorbed, and the shields of the Links/Hero will now properly block Kafrizz.

The Magic Burst change is to prevent opponents that are on-front of Hero to use a frame 1 option to mash out of the move.

They are both relatively minor changes.

so you are assuming how me and some other people think because we aren't positive about Terry?
but still to me Terry doesn't have that ''WOW!'' factor that Joker,Banjoo and Hero had
i am not a Banjoo fan but even i know he has the ''WOW'' factor because so many people wanted him,
compared to the DLC characters we gotten i really find Terry boring and a huge disappointment compared to the other 3

i won't lie i would love to have my fave characters get in smash and there is hope for that in the 2nd pack but that doesn't have to do with why i am negative about Terry.
and to me he looks like another Ken lookalike but that's how i think of it.
The reason Terry comes as disappointing to you and doesn't have the "WOW! factor" is because you've never picked a game where he was playable. If I've never played a Banjo-Kazooie game in my life or didn't grow up during the N64 era, then their announcement would have meant nothing to me. And that has actually been true for some people here.

You only find Terry boring because you are ignorant of him. You don't know who he is, you don't know anything about his personality and backstory, or even know how he plays. That's pretty much the TL:DR version behind all of your rationalizations about his inclusion. And in the last paragraph you pretty much admit that it's because you didn't get your personal picks, thus proving Wigglerman Wigglerman 's point. Don't tell us that has nothing to do with your negative reaction, because you would be lying to yourself.

If you actually played KOF or Fatal Fury back in the day, you would know that he is no Ken. You make the comparison on a superficial level which just cements how you know nothing about the character. It doesn't matter if you weren't there to experience it yourself, because a quick internet search would have put that misconception to rest.

Last edited:
The reason Terry comes as disappointing to you and doesn't have the "WOW! factor" is because you've never picked a game where he was playable. If I've never played a Banjo-Kazooie game in my life or didn't grow up during the N64 era, then their announcement would have meant nothing to me. And that has actually been true for some people here.

You only find Terry boring because you are ignorant of him. You don't know who he is, you don't know anything about his personality and backstory, or even know how he plays. That's pretty much the TL:DR version behind all of your rationalizations about his inclusion. And in the last paragraph you pretty much admit that it's because you didn't get your personal picks, thus proving Wigglerman Wigglerman 's point. Don't tell us that has nothing to do with your negative reaction, because you would be lying to yourself.

If you actually played KOF or Fatal Fury back in the day, you would know that he is no Ken. You make the comparison on a superficial level which just cements how you know nothing about the character. It doesn't matter if you weren't there to experience it yourself, because a quick internet search would have put that misconception to rest.
Even the trailer for Terry shows off his personality very well; he’s patient, calm, but a little wild. If he’s a clone of Ken, he’ll hastily grasp for the smash invitation just like anyone else in the trailer.

I’m curious to know in what way is Terry similar to Ken besides their hair color or something?

I mean honestly, I feel like those types of folks are mad about his inclusion just for the sake of being mad, which is very stupid.

I responded because I read your whole comment and saw this this garbage.

Seriously, how in the **** does he even resemble Ken in the slightest aside from hair color? Even their body types are different.
aww did i offend the Terry fanboy? i seen you being a ass to people in this section who are negative about Terry soo how about you think first before you start defending your precious Terry with such a annoying attitude?
take a example to some other people who can actually reply back to me without being a ass about the fact i have a negative opinion on Terry

Last edited:

i partly agree and disagree with you,
i haven't admit anything about me being salty about my fave character not making it..i just know currently what people really wanna see in Smash and i know Terry wasn't on that list, so my opinion has nothing to do with me being salty about my faves not being in,
i did say that i would love to see them get in but who doesn't want their fave character to get in smash?
and i am not lying, you don't know me like at all so how about you don't try to predict what i think and why? i would really appreciate that thanks. no hard feelings but plz don't do that cause there is no reason to do that.

Last edited:
aww did i offend the Terry fanboy? i seen you being a *** to people in this section who are negative about Terry soo how about you think first before you start defending your precious Terry with such a annoyinmg attitude?
take a example to some other perople who can actually reply back to me without being a *** about the fact i have a negative opinion on Terry
I have never played a snk game in my life. I didn’t even know that snk existed before I heard about the Terry rumors, but I never looked into it. What you are being here is an ass who’s completely unaware self-aware of being an ass.

There’s other characters I would really like to have in the game in exchange for Terry. But that didn’t grant me the right to act ******** and say “durr, it’s Ken with a hat.” Because behavior like that would be extremely disrespectful, hilariously ignorant, and selfish. You also came off as pretty dumb because your own arguments left you open for mockery because you couldn’t really tell us any similarities between Ken and Terry aside from being blonde nor admit on being a total **** for downplaying characters like Terry for not having the ‘wow’ factor as you didn’t bother to research anything about his support and history, so you instead target me instead of Terry.

Last edited:
i party agree and disagree with you,
i haven't admit anything about me being salty about my fave character not making it..i just know currently what people really wanna see in Smash and i know Terry wasn't on that list, so my opinion has nothing to do with me being salty about my faves not being in,
i did say that i would love to see them get in but who doesn't want their fave character to get in smash?
and i am not lying, you don't know me like at all so how about you don't try to predict what i think and why? i would really appreciate that thanks. no hard feelings but plz don't do that cause there is no reason to do that.
I have never played a snk game in my life. I didn’t even know that snk existed before I heard about the Terry rumors, but I never looked into it. What you are being here is an *** who’s completely unaware self-aware of being an ***.

There’s other characters I would really like to have in the game in exchange for Terry. But that didn’t grant me the right to act ******** and say “durr, it’s Ken with a hat.” Because behavior like that would be extremely disrespectful, hilariously ignorant, and selfish. You also came off as pretty dumb because your own arguments left you open for mockery because you couldn’t really tell us any similarities between Ken and Terry aside from being blonde nor admit on being a total **** for downplaying characters like Terry for not having the ‘wow’ factor as you didn’t bother to research anything about his support and history, so you instead target me instead of Terry.
Not to mini mod but is this really worth fighting over?

Sakurai does it again. I'm laughing because with all these speculative and wish character threads people post, we keep missing the point- we don't know! And that what makes this fun!

Terry is a good character and it makes me sad he getting hate. It's just like Hero all over the again. People need to give these characters a try first. I didn't grow up on SNK, but played KOF and loved it. It made me interested to research more about SNK franchises and I learned that KOF is all SNK classic in on game. That's sooo cool. Anyway just be patient and give him a shot guys : )

Last edited:
I have never played a snk game in my life. I didn’t even know that snk existed before I heard about the Terry rumors, but I never looked into it. What you are being here is an *** who’s completely unaware self-aware of being an ***.

i am not being a ass, i simply stated my opinion on Terry and then you started replying to me with a rude attitude, and i am not gonna take that **** my dude, either talk to me normally or be rude and expect rudeness right back at ya,
the only reason we are having this argument is cause you had to be asshole to me in the first place, from everyone who replied back to me in this thread, you are literally the only 1 being a ass to me cause i say bad things about your precious Terry.

oh wait or is it maybe that you do not know the difference between a opinion and a fact? what i said was simply a OPINION, that means how i think of something, doesn't mean it's a fact, haven't you learned that at school?

Last edited:
You either like Terry or you don't. The only thing that matters is how you handle it, and how you express your opinion about it.

I don't like Terry. I'd rather much have Nakoruru instead, but that's just the way it goes.

Happy that the Terry fans got who they wanted.

They buffed magic burst and fixed his weird neutral-b issues.
The explosion of Kafrizz now functions like a proper projectile, meaning that it can be reflected/absorbed, and the shields of the Links/Hero will now properly block Kafrizz.

The Magic Burst change is to prevent opponents that are on-front of Hero to use a frame 1 option to mash out of the move.

They are both relatively minor changes.
Thanks!

i am not being a ***, i simply stated my opinion on Terry and then you started replying to me with a rude attitude, and i am not gonna take that **** my dude, either talk to me normally or be rude and expect rudeness right back at ya,
the only reason we are having this argument is cause you had to be ******* to me in the first place, from everyone who replied back to me in this thread, you are literally the only 1 being a *** to me cause i say bad things about your precious Terry.

oh wait or is it maybe that you do not know the difference between a opinion and a fact? what i said was simply a OPINION, that means how i think of something, doesn't mean it's a fact, haven't you learned that at school?
My facts is that Terry has too much crap to differentiate him from Ken but you provide jack **** to counter my points. So you try to attack me. I have already pointed this **** out earlier and you are going to keep playing dumb?

My facts is that Terry has too much crap to differentiate him from Ken but you provide jack **** to counter my points. So you try to attack me. I have already pointed this **** out earlier and you are going to keep playing dumb?
cause your points aren't gonna change my opinion on him since it's a O-P-I-N-I-O-N
you really need a chill pill my dude, if you react like this to everyone who has a negative opinion on a character you like then daaaaamn..i feel so sorry for you i really do,
just accept the fact how my opinion on Terry is don't like it? well do something else, play smash and move on, there is no need to try to proof someone wrong over a OPINION..cause that's just sad dude :l

i seen people who have bad opinions on some of my fave smash characters too..but so ****ing what? it's their opinion, they don't have to like what i like just as i don't have to like what you like simple as that -.-

Last edited:
cause your points aren't gonna change my opinion on him since it's a O-P-I-N-I-O-N
you really need a chill pill my dude, if you react like this to everyone who has a negative opinion on a character you like then daaaaamn..i feel so sorry for you i really do,
just accept the fact how my opinion on Terry is don't like it? well do something else, play smash and move on, there is no need to try to proof someone wrong over a OPINION..cause that's just sad dude :l

i seen people who have bad opinions on some of my fave smash characters too..but so ****ing what? it's their opinion, they don't have to like what i like just as i don't have to like what you like simple as that -.-
Lol. Have you even seen Terry’s and Ken’s character designs?

Top Bottom