• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ver. 3.0 Update Coming Soon

Ultimate_Ver_Soon.jpg

The long-awaited Ver. 3.0 update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate finally has a release date: April 17th, 2019!

That’s right, Joker will be out today, but that’s not all, we learned more about his appearance in Smash as well. We saw snippets of Joker gameplay and learned that he has a limit break-esque mechanic that unleashes his persona, Arsene. This powers up his attacks and alters his specials until his gauge, known as “Rebellion Gauge”, runs out. The Rebellion Gauge gets filled by having fewer stocks than your opponent, taking damage, and defending yourself from attacks with Joker’s down special “Rebel’s Guard”. We also learned that the stage in Joker’s challenger pack is none other than….

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.43.32 PM.png

Mementos! Not only does it have that ominous red and black color scheme, it changes color depending on which music track is playing. This doesn’t just alter the stage, but it does affect the color of Joker’s victory screen when he wins on Mementos. If a track is from Persona 5, Mementos and Joker’s victory screen will be red, but if it’s from Persona 3 or Persona 4, it’ll be blue or yellow, respectively.

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.18.40 PM.png

That pretty much wraps up Challenger Pack 1’s content, but that isn’t the only paid DLC that’s coming out today. There's also Mii Fighter costumes made in the image of various characters such as Persona 5’s Morgana or Sonic the Hedgehog’s Miles “Tails” Prower. Smash Ultimate’s Ver. 3.0 update doesn’t just have paid content though, the stage builder mode that was leaked is being added and you don’t have to pay a single dime for it! We know more about it now; it works like the stage builder in Super Smash Bros. for Wii-U where the player draws in the features they want, but it’s a lot more fleshed out this time. There are more elements to use, it has front and background layers and you can now move any platform you want instead of just the preset movable platforms. Additionally, these stages can be shared and downloaded in the new Shared Content mode online.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 12.01.39 AM.png

Shared Content isn’t only for sharing stages, you can also share your favorite Mii Fighters you’ve created and your own gameplay videos. These videos and stages will also be available for viewing in Smash Ultimate’s official mobile app, Smash World. And speaking of videos, there’s also a mode to edit them in now, called Edit Video. This mode lets players create a timeline, edit footage out of clips, place text and even change the background music.

If you want to see all of this for yourself, please watch the video below:

Author's Note: What are you most excited for in the Ver. 3.0 update? Joker, Stage Builder, Mii Costumes, potential balance changes or something else? Please let us know in the comments below!

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

D
I just love how Sakurai made me look in Ultimate.

7DAC1777-FDCB-41F5-8EA7-A7F424416FFF.jpeg

Outside maybe making my skin paler than it actually is, he completely nailed my look.

Something tells me that you're going to have to learn when to use Rebel's Guard, since it doesn't sound like you can raise the Rebellion Gauge on your own.

you cant expect everyone to be into persona i wont be
I've never played any of the Persona games (tho I def want to now!) but the trailer oughttabe exciting if not for stage-builder's return but seeing the love Nintendo is putting into DLC for Ultimate. I mean, c'mon man

Ignoring that Joker looks hella fun even w having no context having not played P5, unique and mobile without a doubt

I've never played any of the Persona games (tho I def want to now!) but the trailer oughttabe exciting if not for stage-builder's return but seeing the love Nintendo is putting into DLC for Ultimate. I mean, c'mon man

Ignoring that Joker looks hella fun even w having no context having not played P5, unique and mobile without a doubt
i dont know what to tell you nothing about the character really grabbed me, i admit the stage changing colour depending on the music is a nice tough

Joker sure does look awesome, but I never played the Persona series. Also glad stage builder's returning.

Top Bottom