• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to be playable at EVO

evoult.jpg

EVO 2018 is bound to be exciting for fighting game fans both across the country and the world, but one small tidbit is going to make those attending potentially more excited.

The Nintendo Versus official Twitter account has announced that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be playable at their booth. EVO will be August 3rd through the 5th.

Author's Note: I’m planning to attend this year’s EVO and am hoping to test Ultimate myself. I’ll be able to provide further information upon the event’s conclusion. Are you planning on attending? Let us know in the comments!

Jedidiah "SHSL Jedi" Baker

Comments

Oh, at first I thought there was gonna be a full-blown tourney with Smash-U as one of their top lists and I had a whole list of dumb arguments such as "But the game isn't even out yet, dammit!" lol.
Regardless, this is very nice news, and as much as I hate to be one of "those people" this sounds like a fine time for a character reveal. Remember when Pac-Man was revealed behind closed doors?

Really hope it's a newer build since there are many characters people wish to see, Daisy and Robin namely.

@ the attendees though: I'd like to request someone do a Mario vs. Inkling match just so we can see if FLUDD effects the ink....?

Last edited:
Really hope it's a newer build since there are many characters people wish to see, Daisy and Robin namely.

@ the attendees though: I'd like to request someone do a Mario vs. Inkling match just so we can see if FLUDD effects the ink....?
That sounds cool but no, F.L.U.D.D. is only a windbox with water effect. Unless they specifically programmed it, which I doubt, it won't happen.

View attachment 153617

EVO 2018 is bound to be exciting for fighting game fans both across the country and the world, but one small tidbit is going to make those attending potentially more excited.

The Nintendo Versus official Twitter account has announced that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be playable at their booth. EVO will be August 3rd through the 5th.

Author's Note: I’m planning to attend this year’s EVO and am hoping to test Ultimate myself. I’ll be able to provide further information upon the event’s conclusion. Are you planning on attending? Let us know in the comments!
do you think that the roster will be updated for this demo? or will everything be the same as the E3 version.
I think we'll have all of the original 12, most likely.

Top Bottom