• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Special Edition — what do you want to see in an updated re-release?

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Once all the Smash Bros Ultimate DLC gets released, I'm hoping that we'll see a special edition of the game that includes all of the additional content. I also would like to see additional improvements to further induct the DLC series as a core part of the full Smash Ultimate experience.

Here's a list of things I'd like to see in an enhanced Ultimate re-release:
  • All of the DLC, including all Fighters Pass and Mii Costume content, unlocked at the start or through gameplay
  • New World of Light cutscenes featuring all characters, including DLC
  • New and reworked World of Light sub-areas and pathways featuring DLC fighters and spirits
  • New and reworked Spirits representing the full roster of fighters and series
  • No more post-battle spirit shooting minigame
  • New Assist Trophies from DLC series
  • Adjustable Assist Trophy and Pokeball contents
  • A new Classic Mode mural featuring all fighters
  • New and reworked Classic Mode routes to represent all fighters and some new bosses
  • New Boss Rush mode
  • New music tracks for some base roster series
  • Full backwards compatibility with the original version in Online mode (new assist trophies will be disabled in battles with original version users)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Once all the Smash Bros Ultimate DLC gets released, I'm hoping that we'll see a special edition of the game that includes all of the additional content. I also would like to see additional improvements to further induct the DLC series as a core part of the full Smash Ultimate experience.

• All of the DLC, including all Fighters Pass and Mii Costume content, unlocked at the start or through gameplay
  • New and reworked World of Light sub-areas and pathways featuring DLC fighters and spirits
  • New and reworked Classic Mode routes to represent all fighters and some new bosses
  • New Boss Rush mode
  • Full backwards compatibility with the original version in Online mode (new assist trophies will be disabled in battles with original version users)
This, plus:
  • All Star Mode
  • Better load times if it’s on the Switch Pro/Ultra/whatever the more powerful Switch will be called
  • A BETTER NETCODE. Seriously
  • If there’s any Spirit to Playable promotions in base Ultimate, replace their WoL Spirit battles in Ultimate Deluxe with their fighter battle
  • 2P WoL if that doesn’t happen in Ultimate’s lifetime
  • More Spirits for existing series - why is Tsubasa the only Tokyo Mirage Sessions Spirit? Where’s Itsuki, Touma, Eleonora etc?
  • Some adjustments to the WoL maps spirit wise - since Off The Hook’s Spirit is found in the Dark Realm, make the Squid Sisters spirit able to be found in the Light Realm to complement it (I know they can be summoned but so can Xenoblade’s Dunban who’s also found on a WoL map)
  • If it doesn’t happen in vanilla Ultimate’s lifetime, you know how Hero’s trailer had the Dark Realm aura on various characters outside of WoL? I’d like to use that, the Light Realm aura, and the full body “phantom” effects as seen in the final battle on any character of my choice outside of WoL
  • WoL Very Hard mode, if it doesn’t happen in vanilla Ultimate
  • MAYBE one or two Event Spirit/AT/Mii Costume promotions to playable from Ultimate, such as Officer Howard, Spring Man or Rex? Doubt it tho

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

• New Boss Rush mode
Most of this I agree with, but two points confused me a bit:

>New and reworked Spirits representing the full roster of fighters and series

>New and reworked Classic Mode routes to represent all fighters and some new bosses
Spirits I could maybe understand (here’s lookin’ at you, Final Fantasy), but what’s the second point about Classic Mode?

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Most of this I agree with, but two points confused me a bit:

Spirits I could maybe understand (here’s lookin’ at you, Final Fantasy), but what’s the second point about Classic Mode?
Just a way to make DLC fighters feel more like they belong with the base roster. Right now, the DLC roster don't appear in the base roster's classic routes at all. That, plus the lack of DLC roster representation in practically all the Spirit battles, makes the DLC feel like a separate entity to the base roster, a bunch of pretenders among the true roster. I would want a re-release of Ultimate to better integrate these fighters.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Just a way to make DLC fighters feel more like they belong with the base roster. Right now, the DLC roster don't appear in the base roster's classic routes at all. That, plus the lack of DLC roster representation in practically all the Spirit battles, makes the DLC feel like a separate entity to the base roster, a bunch of pretenders among the true roster. I would want a re-release of Ultimate to better integrate these fighters.
Okay, maybe I wouldn’t rework the Classic Mode routes in that case (probably would be way too much work), but you have a good point about the Spirit Battles (that being said, I’d only rework some of the DLC and Event Spirits).

toonito

Smash Ace
special final bosses and stages for every character's classic mode

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy: Giga Bowser
Bowser, Bowser Jr, Wario.: Mario
Yoshi: Kamek
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong: King K Rool
King K Rool: Donkey Kong
Link, Sheik, Zelda: Ganon
Young Link: Skull Kid
Toon Link: Toon Ganondorf
Ganondorf: Link
Samus, Zero Suit Samus: Meta Ridley (big)
Dark Suit Samus, Ridley: Samus
Kirby, Meta Knight: Emperor DeDeDe (new)
King DeDeDe: Kirby
Little Mac: Giga Mac
Fox, Falco: Wolf
Wolf: Fox
Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff: Mewtwo
Lucario, Greninja, Incineroar: Rayquaza
Mewtwo: Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer: Blue (Blastoise, Charmeleon, Bulbasaur; type advantages in this battle are on)
Captain Falcon: Black Shadow
Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena: Medusa
Ness, Lucas: Porky
Wii Fit Trainer: Wii Fat Trainer
Pac Man: Big Ghost
Simon: Dracula
Snake: Metal Gear
Sonic: Dr. Eggman
Mega Man: Dr. Wily
Ryu: M. Bison
Ken: Ryu
Bayonetta: Baldur
Cloud: Sephiroth
Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda
Terry Bogard: Geese Howard

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
More additional characters
Board the Platforms
Additional bosses
Break the Targets
All-Star Mode
SSE story like mode

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Anyways, here would be my hypothetical boss lineup for a hypothetical Special Edition, and who would fight them in Classic Mode:

Light Realm
Giga Bowser (:ultmario::ultfalcon::ultganondorf::ultzss::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultkrool::ultincineroar:[Round 6 w/:ultgreninja:])
Galleom (:ultsheik::ultdarkpit::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultrob::ultwolf::ultmegaman:[Round 6]:ultcloud:)
Queen Sectonia (:ultkirby::ultdaisy::ultroy::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultgreninja::ultisabelle:)
Rathalos (:ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultpeach::ultbowser:[Round 6]:ultmarth::ultduckhunt::ultpiranha:)

Dark Realm
Ganon (:ultlink::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultchrom:[w/:ultlink:]:ultdiddy:[w/:ultlink:]:ulttoonlink::ultbanjokazooie:)
Marx (:ultfox::ultness::ultdoc::ultsquirtle::ultlucas::ultrosalina:[w/:ultmario:]:ultinkling::ultridley:)
Grima (:ultlucina::ultmewtwo:[w/:ultpikachu:]:ultpalutena::ultrobin::ultshulk::ulthero::ultbyleth:)
Dracula (:ultluigi::ultgnw::ultpit::ultwario::ultike::ultivysaur::ultpacman::ultsimon:)

Master (and Crazy) Hand (:ultdk::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ulticeclimbers::ultpichu::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultbowserjr::ultryu::ultcorrin::ultjoker::ult_terry:)
Crazy Hand only (:ultdarksamus::ultfalco::ultvillager::ultken::ultcorrinf::ultbayonetta::ultrichter:)

Galeem: WoL only
Dharkon: WoL only
Master Core: Secret boss unlocked by facing Master Hand at least 7.0 or higher
Tabuu: Secret boss unlocked by achieving the True Ending in WoL and going back to the portal where you fight as Master Hand

All these bosses can be faced in Boss Battles once you've beaten Tabuu in WoL.

In addition, I'd give :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard: separate :GCD::GCB: and change the Pokémon switching mechanic to :GCLT::GCRT::GCB:. I'd even give :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur: their own Classic Mode routes*, but keep :ultcharizard: the same as 's, and even keep the changed switching mechanic.

*I went ahead and made some routes in the Classic Mode creation thread:

Squirtle: Go Away, Gunk! (Fights characters with an ink or water motif, all of which are team battles with Mario)
Stage 1: :ultdarksamus: (team battle w/:ultmario:) on Peach’s Castle 64 (Castle Theme (Super Mario World) / Fortress Boss (Super Mario Bros. 3))

Stage 2: :ultgnw: x8 (team battle w/:ultmario:) on PAC-LAND Battlefield (Yuga Battle (Hyrule Castle))

Stage 3: :ultwiifittrainer:x4 (team battle w/:ultmario:) on Wii Fit Studio (Super Hoop)

Stage 4: :ulttoonlink::ultgreninja::ultcorrin: (team battle w/:ultmario:) on :pirateship: (Dragon Roost Island)

Stage 5: :ultinkling:x8 (team battle w/:ultmario:) on Moray Towers (Inkoming!)

Stage 6: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr: (team battle w/:ultmario: and Ivysaur) on :delfino: (Delfino Plaza (Remix))

Boss: Marx (team battle w/:ultmario:)

Ivysaur: Dude, Where’s My Sun?! (Fights against characters with a dark motif mostly on dark or night-themed stages)

Stage 1: :ultdarksamus: on :frigate: (Snowman)

Stage 2: :ultganondorf: on Brinstar (Dark World (Brawl))

Stage 3: :ultbayonetta: on Fourside (Riders of the Light)

Stage 4: :ultwolf: x3 (one of them breathes fire) on Luigi’s Mansion (Lost Painting)

Stage 5::ultmetaknight: (Dark alt) on :spearpillar: (Celestial Valley)

Boss: Dracula

Stage 6: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr: (team battle w/Mario and Squirtle) on :delfino: (see Squirtle’s Classic Mode route)

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Bring back all the missing stages, Pokéball Pokémon, and Assist Trophies, even the ones that were promoted. Dark Samus is a classy character, but she was more unique as an assist, so let her appear as an object when she's not being played. Same with Ridley on Pyrosphere.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Bring back all the missing stages, Pokéball Pokémon, and Assist Trophies, even the ones that were promoted. Dark Samus is a classy character, but she was more unique as an assist, so let her appear as an object when she's not being played. Same with Ridley on Pyrosphere.
The Ridley on Pyroshoere is a clone that used the original Ridley’s DNA, so he’s the only one where it’d make sense to have him on the same level as Smash Ultimate‘s Ridley cue the Spider Man pointing meme

Although I DID figure out a loophole:

-Use SA-X for :ultdarksamus:‘s former Assist Trophy’s function (or at least something similar)
-Use the main player character from Super Punch-Out for :ultlittlemac:‘s former Assist Trophy function
-Use any other Animal Crossing character for :ultisabelle:‘s former Assist Trophy function.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
The Ridley on Pyroshoere is a clone that used the original Ridley’s DNA, so he’s the only one where it’d make sense to have him on the same level as Smash Ultimate‘s Ridley cue the Spider Man pointing meme

Although I DID figure out a loophole:

-Use SA-X for :ultdarksamus:‘s former Assist Trophy’s function (or at least something similar)
-Use the main player character from Super Punch-Out for :ultlittlemac:‘s former Assist Trophy function
-Use any other Animal Crossing character for :ultisabelle:‘s former Assist Trophy function.
I didn't know that, thanks for the information. Nevertheless, I think what really matters for the dev team is the apparence, not the lore. Because of his taunts, Toon Link seems to be the Hero of Wind from Wind Waker, who lived long before the, uh, Hero of Trains from Spirit Tracks. But this one in the background is still replaced by Alonzo when Toon Link is being played.

So in conclusion, if they ever bring back Pyrosphere, when Ridley is being played on it, the Ridley stage-boss will most likely be replaced by Alonzo.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

javier2020

Smash Rookie
"Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Special Edition"
How would you name that in Japan since the word "special" already exists on the title?

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
More bosses.
Metalface and Yellow Devil now Bosses in single player.
Death Egg Robot.
Wart (Literally catch and throw vegetables in his mouth)
Rayquaza (Returning)
Giovanni (Background character that attacks with Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Dugtrio, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, and Rhyperior)
Duon (Returning)
Porky (Returning)
Andross
Omega Ridley
Masked Dedede (It clearly doesn't bother me that bosses have playable counterparts as long as the boss is some other form of the character)
DJ Octavio
Gruntilda
Tiki Tong
Edit: Forgot Petey Piranha

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Special Edition"
How would you name that in Japan since the word "special" already exists on the title?
"Great Fray Smash Brothers SPECIAL: Ultimate Edition"

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Characters like Wario and Ganondorf getting new redesigned movests reflecting their games. (Wario Land for Wario and magic for Ganon.)

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Characters like Wario and Ganondorf getting new redesigned movests reflecting their games. (Wario Land for Wario and magic for Ganon.)
That would break backwards compatibility though, how about a ZSS situation?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
What would you guys think if this was the Assist Trophy roster for a Special Edition?

Subspace Emissary
  1. Poppant: Runs around dropping healing items and rocks
  2. Auroros: Dives into the ground after flying above its target; can be used a throwing item once it gets stuck
  3. Jyk: Floats around and attacks using a Hydro barrier. It can also follow up with one of two attacks:
>It can turn into a Zap Jyk and spin around (sucking in enemies) until it lets put a burst of electricity

>It can turn into a Flame Jyk and shoot out flames from its spikes, turning either from a T shape to an X shape or vice-versa

Super Mario
  1. Hammer Bro
  2. Waluigi
  3. Lakitu and Spinies
  4. Chain Chomp
  5. Thwomp
  6. Red Koopa: Tucks into his shell and spins around the stage, acting the Red Shell item from 64 and Melee
  7. Pianta: “I’m a chuckster!” appears on the screen as the Pianta walks around to grab enemies and chuck them at the blast zone

Donkey Kong
  1. Klaptrap
  2. Cranky Kong: Plays a music box that shoots explosive barrels, only to blow up when the sequence ends

Zelda
  1. Moon
  2. Midna
  3. Ghirahim
  4. Revali: Enhances everyone’s jump power with Revali’s Gale; this lasts for 20 seconds

Metroid
  1. Metroid
  2. Mother Brain

Yoshi
  1. Kamek: Either makes the summoner Giant or makes the opponent Tiny

Kirby
  1. Knuckle Joe
  2. Chef Kawasaki
  3. Susie Haltmann: Turns every fighter Metal

Star Fox
  1. Andross
  2. Krystal

Pokémon
  1. Pokémon Ranger: Draws continuous loops around opponents, instantly K.O.-ing them once their damage passes 100%

Earthbound/MOTHER
  1. Jeff
  2. Starman
  3. Pigmask: Walks around and throws a bomb

F-ZERO
  1. Samurai Goroh
  2. Pico: Hides in the background and attacks opponents with his rifle

Fire Emblem
  1. Lyn
  2. Black Knight
  3. Tiki
  4. Hanneman: Attacks opponents using Sagittae

Game & Watch
  1. Manhole: Rescues the summoner whenever they’re near the blast zone

Kid Icarus
  1. Phosphora

WarioWare/Wario Land
  1. Ashley
  2. Cpt. Syrup: Steals an opponent’s item and brings it to the summoner

Metal Gear Solid
  1. Gray Fox
  2. Dwarf Gekko: Scurries around latching onto opponents in sight and electrocuting them

Sonic the Hedgehog
  1. Knuckles the Echidna
  2. Silver the Hedgehog: Bursts with telekinetic energy, toppling opponents

Pikmin
  1. Burrowing Snagret

Animal Crossing
  1. Kapp’n
  2. Tom Nook: Gives the summoner additional coins for after the battle

Mega Man
  1. Dr. Wily
  2. Zero

Punch-Out!!
  1. Bald Bull: Charges at opponents like a bull and finishes with his Bull Rush

PAC-MAN
  1. Ghosts
  2. Dig-Dug: Turns fighters Giant with his pump, reducing their gravity in the process

Xenoblade Chronicles
  1. Riki

Street Fighter
  1. Guile

Final Fantasy
  1. Cactaur: Eratically hops around pricking opponents, finishing with its signature 10,000 Needles attack

Bayonetta
  1. Rodin
  2. Loki: Hops around throwing his cards, finishing off with charging them for one last powerful rain attack

Castlevania
  1. Alucard

Other
  1. Color TV-Game 15
  2. Sheriff
  3. Devil
  4. Takamaru
  5. Flies & Hand
  6. Excitebike
  7. Muddy Mole: Digs underground, pushing out heavy black balls at opponents
  8. Prince of Sablé
  9. Sukapon
  10. Isaac
  11. Barbara the Bat
  12. Starfy
  13. Dr. Kawashima
  14. Vince
  15. Nikki
  16. Dillon
  17. Rusty: Throws several Beastballs at opponents
  18. Arcade Bunny
  19. Bomberman
  20. Akira Yuki
  21. Magician Type-0: Flies around chucking fireballs at opponents, and then explodes when he’s K.O.’d
  22. Rathalos
  23. Shovel Knight
  24. Bubsy: Does nothing except spout catchphrases and glide around, making him a purr-posely open target

Fighters Pass Characters (This will change as more fighters are revealed)
  1. Jack Frost: Shoots icy bullets while also hanging from surfaces
  2. Golem (Dragon Quest): Throws bricks at opponents, sometimes attack opponents behind it
  3. Mumbo Jumbo: Randomly transforms the summoner into any transformation
  4. Nakoruru: Attacks opponent with the help of Mamahaha
  5. Hedlok (scaled down): Latches itself to the summoner’s head, enhancing their attack power and punching when the shield button is pressed (meaning the summoner can’t use their shield)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Okay, I decided to change my vision for a Smash Ultimate DX (ignoring everyone Fighters Pass-related DLC, since it’d be made available at the start):

Unique Fighters
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Bandana Dee
  • Toxtricity
  • Euden
  • Sakura Shinguji
Echo Fighters
  • Black Shadow (#11ε)
  • Shadow the Hedgehog (#38)
  • Alph (#40ε)
  • Ninjara (#76ε)
  • Sakura Amamiya
New Assist Trophies
  • Pokémon Ranger
  • Hanneman
  • Bald Bull
  • Cactuar
  • Futaba Sakura
  • Golem (Dragon Quest)
  • Mumbo Jumbo
  • Nakoruru
  • Creeper
  • Dr. Neo Cortex
  • Ichiro Ogami
  • Bubsy
New Stages
  • N. Sanity Beach
  • Dream Palace
  • Wyndon
  • Halidom
  • Grand Imperial Theater
Returning Stages
  • Rainbow Road
  • Wooly World
  • Poké Floats
  • Mute City (Melee)
  • PAC-MAZE
New Bosses
  • Ho-Oh
  • Grima
New Modes
  • True All-Star (has you facing characters in order of Smash debut; All-Star Smash gets axed)
  • Coin Battles
  • Boss Battles
Other Additions
  • A new WoL area dedicated to the DLC fighters (also, fighters like Min Min get their initial Spirit Battle replaced by their awakening battles)
  • Toggle individual hazards
  • Create playlists for each stage
  • Starting roster now includes :ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Here is my version

All fighters and DLC fighters from Ultimate are in the base game.

Newcomers: Geno, Midna, Sylux, Adeleine, Bandanna Dee, Lugia, Dragapult, King Boo, Viridi, Shantae, Issac and Crash Bandicoot

Echoes: Yamper, Black Shadow, Dark Bowser, Hilda, Dark Meta Knight, Liquid Snake, Dixie Kong, Shadow, Alph, Tom Nook, ProtoMan and Octoling

DLC Fighters: Elma (Free DLC), Ray-Man, Fawful, Sceptile, Marshall and Chun Li (Fighter’s pass 1), and Kloana, Mipha, Creature (E.V.O: Search for Eden), Preytor, Doc Lewis and Maxwell (Fighter’s Pass 2), it is a work in progress

Some updates to fighters (Bowser being able to talk, Mario using his hammer, several fighters like Mario, Daisy and Young Link getting new final Smashes, Dark Samus getting a moveset upgrade, Lucario using steel and ground type moves)

New stages: Bowser’s Castle, Bowser’s Keep, Dragon Driftway, Gangplank Galleon, Clock Tower, Castle Dedede, Battle Tower, Alolan tour, Wyndon Stadium, Studiopolis Zone, Urchin Underpass, the Nether, Scuttletown, Venus Lighthouse, N Sanity Beach and 64 Desk

Returning Stages: All the stages from Ultimate plus Meta Crystal, Poké Floats, Rumble Falls, Rainbow Road, Pac-Maze, Orbital Gate Assault and Yoshi’s Woolly World. Also you have the option to use earlier versions of battlefield and final destination

DLC Stages include Band Land, Toad Town, Zora kingdom, Rhythm Studio, Chun Li Stage, Kloana’s Domain, Wild Area, Bird King’s Lair, Metropolis, Boxing Ring (Super Punchout) and Creative Mode

New and returning Assists (includes most from Ultimate (due to Shadow, Midna and Issac being playable)): Midbus, Vivian, Lakitu and Spinys, Rambi, Revali, Susie, Slippy, Rotom, Hector, Magnus, Silver, Mr.Resetti, Orville and Wilber, King Hippo, Nia, Chocobo, Oracle, King Slime, Mumbo Jumbo, King, Creeper, Risky Boots, Garet, Dr Neo Cortex, Muddy Mole, Qbby, Barbara the Bat, Jill and Infirmary and Tanks

New and returning Pokéball Pokémon (includes almost all from Ultimate (due to Lugia being playable)), Beedrill, Onix, Weezing, Cyndraquill, Sneasel, Octillary, Tyrannitar, Houndoom, Munchlax, Gulpin, Glaceon, Zebstrika, Trubbish, Maractus, Mandibuzz, Tyrantrum, Aurous, Crabrawler, Cinderace, Boltound, Corviknight, Greedent, Hattena, Drednaw, Falinks, Cramorant, Frosmoth, Galarian Mr.Mime, Galarian Stunfisk, Galarian Yamask and Eiscue

Returning and new Bosses, Rayquaza, Porky, Dr.Eggman, Ender Dragon, Duon and Mother Brain

I also Confirming DLC Assists and Pokeball Pokémon. They include Globox, King Wart, Vaati, Karate Joe, Cammy, Prince of all Cosmos, Mudsdale, Bird King, Robo-47, Glass Joe and Doppelgänger.

Also All Star Mode, Target Test, Smash Run and Boss Battles are back, and World of Light has been extended. Smash Run contains new enemies and mini-bosses like Boss Bass, Toothy's, Blade Knight, Sword Knight, Tyrannitar, Hatterene, Burrowing Snagret, Zapfish, Creepers and Ghasts, among others

The Fan, Red Shell and other absent items are back as well as new items like the Coconut Gun, Skillet, Soda Bottle, Rebel, Kite and FLUDD

That is all for now

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also some newcomers who didn’t make DLC in vanilla ultimate, like Akira Howard (Astral Chain, got Event’d), Travis (Mii Costume’d), and Rex if the costume really does Deconfirm him too (I believe it does)

Just want Elma as DLC for Vanilla Ult at least...

Pupp135

Smash Lord
While I’m expecting the next game to be on a new engine (the assumed “reboot”) instead of a port, I would probably approach a port like this.

All characters are available at the start
Five (maybe six) new characters
I’m not concerned with who since I really think that there are not any glaring omissions after :ultisabelle: was added even though I was happy to see :ultbyleth: in (Toad, Tom Nook, and a :ultsonic: echo are the closest to me, but the former 2 aren’t as requested as other characters, especially Waluigi and Geno in Toad’s case, and 3rd parties are more of a special case since there’s a ton of important ones to choose from, so there’s only a few I’d even consider essential, including those already in).
If I’m biased though: Tidus, Sora, and Isaac would be the ones I’d like to see the most
For the last fighters, I’ll just slap on the :ultsonic: echo, Tom Nook, and Toad since we have echoes for other 3rd parties, and the latter are the biggest Nintendo characters not in yet.

Returning/New Stages
Poke Floats
Mute City (Melee)
1-2
Rainbow Road
Pac Maze
Stages for new characters (from the biased list: Blitzball Arena, Castle Oblivion, Venus Lighthouse, Egg Carrier, Bowser’s Castle)
Small battlefield or hazardless Smashville variants for each stage

Multiplayer
Tag Team and Elimination are 4 or 8 player now
More options for the number of lives in tag team and elimination (more like crew battles)
Rotation mode (both continuous matches and discontinuous matches)

“Single” player:
Classic All Star returns (doesn’t replace All Star Smash however)
Multiplayer WoL
Boss Battles and maybe the return of Rayquaza and Porky
Brawl style Target Test (90ish levels seems unfeasible)
Stage builder can be used with a controller in handheld mode

Online:
Ability to switch character without leaving
Ranked and unranked matchups
Continuous matches where players switch out after deaths.

Last edited:
Top Bottom