• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Roster Thread

Welcome.

In this thread, you can post your various rosters for Smash For Switch in whatever form they may be.

1. You are only allowed one post in this thread. This post will serve as your showcase. This also means if you change a prediction it will show when you edit. So don't pretend you are Nostradamus after making an edit. I suggest keeping your old rosters in your post so people can see your original predictions and how they change.
2. Rosters can be ideal or prediction based, but they should be indicated as such.
3. Do not discuss other user's rosters. Roster discussion can go in the general thread.

Roster Maker:
https://smashboards.com/threads/the-super-smash-bros-roster-maker-version-9-1-available.336761/

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This is my ideal roster, which hasn't changed all that much since the last time I posted it (whenever that was):

I won't bother making a prediction list, since aside from Inklings and most unique veterans, I have no idea what to expect.

For the sake of making it easier to tell who the characters are, I'll list them by series, and explain any choices that might be controversial. Also, Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Snake are back, because ideally, they wouldn't have been cut in the first place.

Mario: Captain Toad
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong, King K. Rool
Metroid: Ridley
Zelda: Midna
Pokemon: Decidueye (he seems prominent enough, but I've been out of Pokemon for several years and I'm still trying to get through Pokemon Y)
Kirby: (Bandanna) Waddle Dee
Xenoblade: Elma (I haven't gotten the chance to play through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 yet - I'm still working through the original, and November's Switch releases pretty much drained me. Maybe Rex and Pyra would work better; I have no idea)
Joy Mech Fight: Sukapon (I just find it fitting that the main character of Nintendo's first fighting game makes it into their big fighting crossover)
Mysterious Murasame Castle: Takamaru
StarTropics: Mike Jones (I find it odd that the series hasn't even gotten a sticker in Smash Bros. - apparently, it not getting released in Japan has something to do with that, but I think he deserves a chance)
Golden Sun: Isaac
Sin & Punishment: Isa (went with Isa over Saki mainly for the jetpack and possible tag-team gameplay, with Kachi joining in for specials)
Eternal Darkness: Alexandra Roivas (while Pious Augustus is more visually distinct, Alexandra is the main character, and I'm not sure how willing Nintendo would be to have a guy with a human spinal column for a staff interact with Mario)
The Wonderful 101: Wonder Red
Splatoon: Inkling
ARMS: Ribbon Girl (could be replaced with Spring Man; I haven't played ARMS yet for the same reason as Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but both of them seem equally prominent in the marketing)
Rayman: Rayman
DOOM: Doomguy
Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight
No More Heroes: Travis Touchdown (aside from Suda 51 consistently pushing for him, I figure that his luchadore moves and strange Dark Side powers (like turning into a tiger) would make him entertaining and far more than an average swordsman character)

EDIT: August 4, 2018

I'm going to make a prediction for Smash Ultimate's roster, now that we know more information about the game. I'll put it in spoiler tags, since it seems kind of unfair to claim it as my prediction when an overwhelming majority of the roster has already been revealed.

It's got the sixty-eight characters that have already been revealed, plus the following.

King K. Rool: while some people might view relevancy as an issue, I'd honestly be surprised if he didn't make it in given his sheer popularity.

Impa: decidedly less likely, but it seems to me that a new Zelda character is long overdue. The Champions, from what I've seen, don't give much to work with, and Midna and Ghirahim are confirmed as assist trophies. I figure it's either Skull Kid or Impa.

Bandanna Waddle Dee: Kirby seems like it could get a new character, and Bandanna Waddle Dee's been treated as a core member of the cast since the Wii (even taking priority over Dedede and Meta Knight in some cases).

Decidueye: they're going to put in a new Pokemon; they might avoid a new Fire Emblem character due to the backlash against Corrin, but a new Pokemon seems like a certainty. I'm not familiar with Gen. 7, but Decidueye seems to be one of the more prominent ones, though the same could be said for Incineroar, Mimikyu, and maybe Lycanroc - not sure about that last one.

Elma: the Xenoblade series has really grown in prominence, getting new releases quite regularly in spite of how expansive those games are. Rex and Pyra didn't even have their designs finalized by the time that Smash Ultimate started development, from the information that we have, so I could see Elma taking priority. (plus, the Smash games tend to reflect the previous home console generation)

Octoling: I figure we're going to get at least one more echo fighter - they wouldn't add that designation just to cover the two direct clones that we already have and Daisy. While I wouldn't be too thrilled with an echo fighter, I feel like Octoling would work well. They're popular, and it's easy to see them being included as an echo fighter.

Heihachi: Bandai-Namco is back with helping in the development of Smash Ultimate, and I could easily see them including a second character from their series. Heihachi was previously considered for Smash 4, so I could see him making it in this time.

Rayman: he got trophies in Smash 4, and Ubisoft has a really strong bond with Nintendo, to the point of making experimental crossovers with Mario.

I feel like there might be too many newcomers in this list, even though I also feel like there could be more new series. (if they're sticking with Wii U series, the only ones that come to mind beyond Splatoon are Nintendo Land and the Wonderful 101, but they don't seem likely) I realize that there's generally a retro character, but aside from Excitebiker, none really come to mind - Villager covers everything that Balloon Fighter could do, and Sukapon and Takamaru were confirmed as assist trophies.

EDIT: November 25th, 2018

If I had to guess the five DLC characters, I'd say (in no particular order)

-Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X) - the lack of new Xenoblade content in the base game seems weird to me, given how much the franchise has expanded

-Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby) - with Ridley, K. Rool, and Dark Samus added, Kirby and Zelda seem the most overdue for new characters, and most of the major options for Zelda were made into assist trophies instead

-Geno (Super Mario RPG) - apparently, his Mii costume is nowhere to be found, and Sakurai has gone on record saying that he's wanted to include him for two games now

-Heihachi (Tekken) - his Mii costume is also nowhere to be found, and unlike fellow fighting game character Akira, there's no sign of him anywhere, even as a spirit. Plus, Namco-Bandai is developing the game

-Banjo (Banjo-Kazooie) - this is something of a long shot, and Rayman or Travis Touchdown could easily take this spot. This is only if the datamining that showed
references to Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps in the game's code
is true.

I'm working under the assumption that spirits don't confirm anything either way, and I could easily be wrong about all of this, as all of my other attempts at making a roster have shown.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
smash-5-Roster.png

This is my roster. 78 characters in total. The one with the red border are the unlockable ones.

-All 58 characters from Smash Wii U

-Returning veterans: Wolf, Ice Climbers and Snake. I also included the Pokemon Trainer but I will explain him later.

Newcomers:
-Captain Toad: Toad is probably the biggest Nintendo character still not in the roster, plus the Captain starred in his own adventure and appeared in Odyssey.

-King K. Rool: I think his time has finally come. The Mii Fighter costume is a sign of that.

-Impa: I feel she deserves a spot, being a recurrent ally in the series. She could also be interesting by adding to her capabilities the Sheika Slate Powers, since she is a Sheika.

-New Fire Emblem: now listen to me, I'm keeping this post just in case the new protagonist from FE Switch is interesting moveset wise. If that isn't the case I would add another character entirely.

-Bandana/Waddle Dee: he has became the 4th main character of the series, plus he would be unique with his spear.

-Decidueye: while he could be dropped if Gen 8 arrives before the next Smash, at the moment I wanted to include him due to him being my favourite Gen 7 pokemon, and also he could be very unique with a moveset based on ranged attacks and grass elements.

-Pokemon Trainer: I still think that he has a place in Smash Bros. if reworked. For example I would eliminate the stamina mechanic and change Charizard with Blaziken (or another popular 3rd evolution of a fire starter). Also he would became quite unique if he is the only character with the swap ability.

-Elma and Rex & Pyra: I think that Xenoblade has established itself as a big enought serie to get 3 characters (also because it keeps on growing, as 2 outsold X which outsold the original), and both Elma and Rex would bring very different and interesting movesets to the table.

-Takamaru: he is the perfect candidate for the next retro rep, and is quite unique by using several sub weapons.

-Tibby: I think he is the perfect character to rappresent Rhythm Heaven because he isn't tied to any particular minigame, so he can reference a lot of them without feeling out of character. And RH deserves some representation.

-Inkling: the obvious one.

-Ribbon Girl: tho I used her icon, that spot is for an Arms character. I wanted to go with Ribbon Girl because I'm not a fan of Spring Man, but that is the only reason why I put her there.

-Bomberman: after Super Bomberman R success I think that Konami will start promoting him more, plus he is an icon in gaming (especially in Japan).

-Simon Belmont: what Cloud is to Final Fantasy Simon Belmont is to Castlevania. And that series is such a part of gaming history that it is almost outrageus how we still haven't got it into Smash.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Edit: 24/05/2018

-Removed Ribbon Girl/ARMS rep due to the recent comment from mr. Yabuki
-I added Dixie Kong
-Celica replaced the bland FE newcomer
-I also added Agent 8/Octolings, Young Link, Pichu and Alph as potential last minute clones.

smash.png

Edit: 20/06/2018

Ultimate Predictions Roster.png

-Added Ridley
-Added all the veterans (Charizard was removed since he is with the Trainer again)
-Added Ninten & Octoling as Echo fighters
-Added Ashley as a Newcomer
-Rowlet took Decidueye's place
-Removed Dixie Kong, Rex and Pyra, Celica, Impa, Takamaru & Bomberman
-The blanck space between Bayonetta and Random is for the Mii Fighters. For some odd reason it didn't save their icon.
-Added the confirmed alternate costumes with green borders
-The newcomers have red borders, for a total of 13 including Inklings, Ridley and Daisy
-Total of playable characters: 78, including the 3 Mii Fighters, the Echo Fighters and Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard as separate
Edit: 14/09/2018
Ultimate.png

+Added Chrom, Dark Samus, Richter and Isabelle as a unique fighter, all confirmed.
+Removed Ninten, Ashley, Octoling and (sadly) Tibby.
+Re-arranged the roster with the numbers
+Added Geno, Impa, Viridi, Ken and Shadow.

Total: 80 characters, including echoes, the Mii Fighters and the Pokémon Trainer as separate characters.
So...what do you think about it? Feel free to send me a private message!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not much has changed with my roster, but I'll showcase it anyway.

Smash Switch Speculation Roster.png

Blue: Starting Fighter
Red: Unlockable Fighter
Green: Alternate Character Option
Magenta: Final Smash Fighter

Returning Veterans
Wolf and Ice Climbers make a comeback, along with all the fighters from Smash 3DS / Wii U.

Newcomers
Inkling, King K. Rool, and Rayman join the fray. Rayman's inclusion primarily has to do with the fact that he received a trophy cameo in Smash Wii U.

New Alternate Characters
  1. Dry Bowser is an alternate character option for Bowser.
  2. NES Dr. Mario is an alternate character option for Dr. Mario.
  3. Kaptain K. Rool is an alternate character option for King K. Rool.
  4. You can choose between the female Inkling or male Inkling, with the female Inkling being the default palette.
Final Smashes
Ash-Greninja serves as Greninja's new Final Smash. Ash-Greninja has better speed and attack power, along with infinite super armor, but it can still take damage from attacks, and be affected by footstool jumps. Likewise, size changing items can affect Ash-Greninja's size, which can be good or bad, depending on if it picks up a Super Mushroom, or a Poison Mushroom.

Other Notes
  1. The Koopalings are still Bowser Jr.'s alternate character options, but unlike in Smash 3DS / Wii U, Bowser Jr. gains seven recolors of himself, increasing his color slot amount to 15.
  2. Excluding Bowser Jr., all fighters with an alternate character option will receive 16 color slots. Fighters without any alternate character options are still limited to 8 color slots.
5/11/2018 Update

Smash Switch Speculation 2 Roster.png

Key is the same as the one for the previous roster image.

Returning Veterans
Pichu returns alongside Wolf, Ice Climbers, and the whole Smash 3DS / Wii U cast.

Newcomers
Toad, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Buzzwole, Rex, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, and Crash Bandicoot join the fray.

New Alternate Characters
  • Toadette is an alternate character option for Toad.
  • Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf is an alternate character option for Ganondorf.
  • Pikachu Libre is an alternate character option for Pikachu.
  • Shadow Mewtwo is an alternate character option for Mewtwo.
Final Smashes
  • Ganon becomes a playable Final Smash fighter. He can't use most items, and is unaffected by size-changing items, but most of his attacks would deal 2x more damage than Ganondorf's attacks.
  • Masked Dedede serves as King Dedede's new Final Smash. He can use items, and his attacks deal 1.25x more damage than King Dedede's attacks.
  • Mega Charizard X operates like a standard fighter now, and is able to use items, while keeping its knockback immunity. Attacks deal 1.25x more damage than Charizard's attacks.
Other Notes
  • One of Toad's palettes is the Captain Toad outfit. Likewise, one of Toadette's palettes is her outfit from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.
6/14/2018 Update
Now that we know that every fighter from the first four Smash Bros. installments are coming back, I've made a good amount of adjustments for my newest roster image.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Speculation Roster.png

Confirmed characters are sorted by series, followed by their number value from the Super Smash Bros. website. The Mii Fighters are positioned at the very last slot, due to their unique customization features. Fighters with a magenta border are the echo fighters, and they're placed next to the fighter whom they're mimicking.

Newcomer Speculation
  • Dry Bowser (Bowser's echo fighter)
  • King K. Rool
  • Bandanna Waddle Dee
  • Gardevoir
  • Buzzwole
  • Spring Man
  • Rayman

Last edited:

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713

My Roster:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser: Captain Toad, :rosalina::4dk::4diddy:Dixie Kong, :4yoshi:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik:Impa,:4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:Bandana Dee, :4fox:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja:Decidueye,:4lucas::4falcon::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4corrin::4villager:Isabelle,:4shulk:Rex, Elma
:popo::4olimar::4littlemac::4wiifit:Takamaru, Inkling, Spring Man,:4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:Shovel Knight, Shantae:4mii:

Secrets:
:4ness::4jigglypuff:
:4falco::4feroy::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4gaw:
:4wario::4rob::4tlink::wolf:
:4lucina::4darkpit::4bowserjr::4duckhunt:
Daisy, King K. Rool, Linkle, Ridley, Black Shadow, Sukapon

its been a long time, i've been on Pokemon Ultra Sun GameFAQs, anyways what do you think

also i'm not so sure on :4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta:

Edit: added Elma

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
~ Feel free to PM me any thoughts / critiscms / ratings, or tag in the general discussion ~

- I'll start off with my old rosters I made a few months before the switch reveal. They didn't get updated much so I can't remember when exactly I made the last update. Anyways...

Ideal:
Brawl Roster.png

Prediction:
oldlo.png

Really need to update soon. Don't even have Arms in this because it didn't exist yet XD.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If Port...

If New Game...

Ura's Ideal Roster that will never come true...

Will elaborate later. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about any roster.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
This is a mix of my deal roster + prediciton roster
I predict that the new characters here get added, but not all of them
construction Roster.png

I used Brittany to represent a Pikmin Character
Poke Ball is a Gen 8 pokémon
Fire Emblem symbol is a character from the upcoming Fire Emblem for switch
Ribbon Girl to represent an ARMS character. I think Ninjara is a high contender

(edited to correct minor errors)
(edit: I totally forgotten toon link omg I will fix this on a later date)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Updated My roster with the announcement of my game

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
My roster has Mimikyu, Ghirahim, Doc Louis, Isabelle, Dixie Kong, Paper Mario and Mach Rider. I'm expecting a Splatoon and ARMS rep but I'm not interested in them. Ridley is worth an honorable mention.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

Mostly predictions. Not going to bother thinking too hard about justifications, I'll just assume these newcomers and returning characters are popular enough to be added.
Nobody getting cut was an easy guess, but man am I upset that I took Y.Link and Pichu off of the original roster I made. Would've been 2 more good calls I'd made.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Crap-Zapper's Smash 5 Roster;

MODS, can someone help me with the photo? Because... I can't do it, and it bothers me, as it appears broken. Here is a link to the photo I want presented.

https://imgur.com/a/K1iHi

^
This is what I am certain of will happen for Smash 5. Not saying that this would be Smash 5 by 100%, but this is where my gut-feeling tells me is very very predictable and idealistic. I will place some more photos in a Spoiler (so help here as well mod <3) where I will discuss the roster fully. If you'd like to discuss any of it, hit me a PM, write on my page or direct me to the general discussion, so we can all who want to participate.

First of, welcome, and thank you for wanting to hear me out regarding the roster prediction I've posted. I'll discuss some potential returns, as well as others I see less likley, but that I'm in favor of seeing them, also cuts, don't worry. So, without further ado, let's start.

Mario Series;

- Mario.
- Luigi.
- Peach.
- Rosalina & Luma = Interesting new addition that gave a unique style, will be kept.
- Bowser Jr = Being a minor villain, and a genious way of applying 8 characters in one, also fan-favourite.
- Bowser.
- Dr. Mario = Perhaps a less prioritized character, but a perfect alternative gameplay for Mario.
- Toad/Captain Toad = Toad will happen. Don't fool yourself, it's not WAH-time before the true ruler of player 4 is playable. Toad is the most likely candidate, but wether it will be Captain Toad, or simlpy Toad is hard to pin out. Captain Toad might give Toad a better charismatic, but Toad alone can bring a lot to the table.

Yoshi & Wario;

- Yoshi.
- Wario.

Donkey Kong Series;

- Donkey Kong.
- Diddy Kong.
- Dixie Kong = It is very likely that the DK series will again have a few surprises, and both Dixie and K. Rool are both very well deserving of the place, I have a feeling that both of them will get the chance. Like Kirby who got both Metaknight & King Dedede in Brawl, and the whole Fire Emblem deal in 4, means that a franchise CAN gain over one new-newcomer, and both of these two have wide vocal bases. Dixie for being the female Kong, semi-clone of Diddy?, and often had playable status in the DK-series.
- King K. Rool = Sakurai has been teasing K Rool for too long. First with the trophy descriptions telling how important he is (if Bowser is any important at all, that is) as he state how K Rool is how Bowser is to Mario. Also, the Mii-Costume late in the production really gave the fans a response that Nintendo & Sakurai for that matter has not forgotten about the kremlin king, and if popularity and outcry has something going for it, this lizard king has just that, so, unless every newcomer will be third parties, then look no further that the kremlin king has to be far up on the decision board this time around.

The Legend of Zelda;

- Link.
- Toon Link.
- Zelda.
- Sheik.
- Ganondorf = New moveset is just wishful thinking, but damn it would be lovely.
- New Zelda Character = This will happen. With Breath of the Wild being this innovating deal for both the Switch & the Zelda series itself, and that Smash 4 saw nothing new for the series, as with Donkey Kong, it makes sense that Nintendo will look back here, but who? Could it be a BotW character? Or just another recurring Zelda character? I do not know, but I place my bet on either, Skull Kid, Impa, Tingle or another Toon LoZ fighter.

Fire Emblem Series;

- Marth.
- Lucina = Like Doc, a very well alternative for Marth, also she is very much the face of FE by now.
- Ike.
- Robin = Most innovative FE character to date, also very popular. Better to make Robin female by default.
- Corrin = Very late edition, but also very different from the classic swordsman fighter. Corrin female by default please.
- New Fire Emblem Character = Just like Apple, Fire Emblem loves to bring the new guns to the table in each installment, which has been a thing ever since FE's debut in Smash. Who it will be, I do not know, therefore I will not bet on any either. Roy? Something regarding him is further down, so keep reading if Roy's your boy.

Pokémon series;

- Pikachu.
- Jigglypuff = Don't fool yourself, Jiggs will stay. She has become a Smash legacy character, and it's weird without her on the roster.
- Charizard = Bring back Squirtle & Ivysaur? Not likely, but I would not mind. Charizard on the other hand will not leave anywhere, that's for sure.
- Mewtwo = I got a feeling that after what they did to Mewtwo, and the fans reaction, he will be part of the core roster next time, again.
- Lucario.
- Greninja = Same as with Lucario, won't leave the roster. Greninja is more than just the flavour of the month, the popularity of it is very high, and continues to be marketed well, Ash-Greninja popularity, and a very distinct moveset not seen in others.
- New Pokémon Character = As FE, Pokémon loves to bring a new fighter or two each time, and who it could be is very hard to place a bet upon, as there are over 700+ to pick out of, but a new one is very most likely.

Kid Icarus series;

- Pit.
- Palutena.
- Dark Pit.
- New Kid Icarus Character = Just want to comment on this one, as Sakurai did a bold move adding two new fighters for Kid Icarus, it was partly very well recieved, and making a fourth character does indeed feel possible. The only character that I would like to see is Medusa. This way we could get Dark Pit's own Palutena, as well as a female villain, bring it on Sakurai !!!

Mother/Earthbound;

- Ness.
- Lucas.

Kirby Series;

- Kirby.
- King Dedede.
- Metaknight.
- Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee = The last remaining of the epic group, and a fan-favourite amongst the speculators. WD often comes up as the next Kirby inclusion, and it makes sense.

Star Fox Series;

- Fox McCloud.
- Falco Lombardi.
- Wolf O'Donell = Other than Ice Climbers, Wolf is the next that should come back, from a pre-Smash 5 standpoint. It was weird that he got the back-burner again, after the poor exsecution in Brawl, one would think he got a bigger priority for Smash 4, but that was not the case. Come on Nintendo, bringing Wolf again on the back-burner? I simply can't let you do that, Nintendo. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmQFcVR6vEs )

F-Zero;

- Captain Falcon.

Xenoblade Series;

- Shulk.
- New Xenoblade Character = It makes sense that a new character from the new expanding series of Xenoblade recieves a new character. If it's Rex, Elma, Mecha-Fiora or whatever I do not know, and I will not make a bet on any of them, as I do not know the series, but a newcomer is indeed very likley.

Metroid;

- Samus Aran.
- Zero Suit Samus.

Other Nintendo Series;

- Rhythm Heaven Character = While it were heavily rumoured that the Chorus Kids were coming for Smash 4, the result showed us that it did not happen. Could the rumour have any truth to it what so ever? Still, I can't shake the feeling that this series is in for a first debut in form of a playable appearence. Or could the individual who made the leak make us reflect on RH as a series that is very much in for a character? Tricky...
- Villager.
- Little Mac.
- Takamaru = Being considered for both Melee and Smash 4, and finally appearing in some form as an Assist Trophy, Takamaru was shelfed of being too unrecognizable as the concern. With the Marasume Castle being an attraction of the well known Nintendo Land. Therefore, Takamaru is now exposed to far lands outisde of Japan, and thus kills the sole argument. Genious move of Nintendo of just a coincidence?
- Duck Hunt Duo.
- Ice Climbers = No doubt that Ice Climbers will return. Switch should have the power to make them work again.
- R.O.B.
- Mr. Game & Watch.
- Inkling = No doubt that Splatoon has sparked a brand new selling series for Nintendo, and the cast is very well design for a game like Smash, Inkling (who I also believe got it's name from the fan-community. Come on, Squid Kid? No they are Inkling, and Nintendo took notice).
- ARMS Character = Now, Spring Man would be easy to just brush of, but Ribbon Girl is also a poster character for the series, so, I would favour them both, as I want me some Ribbon Girl.

Third Parties;

- Sonic = Biggest rival to Mario, and been part of Smash since Brawl.
- Bayonetta = WINNER of the bloody Smash Ballot, she is not going anywhere, mark my damn words.
- Mega Man = Very popular rival, therefore entering Smash 4 due to fan-demand. Also marking it's 30th it Anniversary (aka revival of the series)
- Ryu = Ryu is a legacy to the fighting game universe, also Smash 4 experimented with Little Mac & Ryu, which both were recieved positively, therefore Ryu will stay, most likely.
- Pac-Man = Wether or not Namco will have anything to do with Smash 5, Pac's inclusion in Smash 4 was brilliant, and now he is part of the family, and is perhaps THE Video Game Icon of all time, so why get ridd of him?
- Bomberman = My tricky pick for the new third party guest character. As Smsh 5 will be a Switch title, there is to remember that Bomberman had a game on it very early on, as well as it's a very iconic character still missing. Also, drop the Konami & Snake hostage conspiracy. If Nintendo wanted Snake to return they would. No word about the situation from Nintendo was ever given, and I'm sure Konami would like to do more business with them as it would give them money and publicity, so come on.

Further Reading!

https://imgur.com/a/zL1lD
^
MOD Please insert this as viewable <3

As we can see, very little has been "cut", first of all, and that is because Sakurai dislikes cutting. Also, people often accuse cutting to be amongst clones and third parties. Which sounds logical, as they are more difficult to implement (at least for the third parties), the clones are often more the ''last minute'' additions, and therefore lower priority, but let's look at what we got here!

First of all.

The Toad = As I mentioned, Toad is my biggest gut-feeling regarding the Mario series, and Toad will happen makes a lot of sense to me. ("Will" in this case is not meant to be 100% legitamacy lol). BUT, Toad or Captain Toad? I can't figure out which.

The ARMS character case. Yes, as mentioned. Spring Man or Ribbon Girl? Or as some people like to put it, reach in the bloody catalog of ARMS. Why do this first time around tho? Best way is to introduce the poster characters before expanding, therefore, to me it's either Spring, Ribbon, Combination Slot or both as seperate (doubt a little).

Then there is the returners that I believe in;

- Roy = Lucina was the last minute addition this time, and Roy was left DLC, which means he got the short end of the stick, excluding Corrin which had a very different and relevant purpose. Roy coming back to the core roster could happen, the amount of characters a series can have is not a thing, but Roy being the last addition yet again makes sense.

- Pichu = Alright, honestly this is more or less just a wish of mine, but hear me out. Pichu's concept of a glass-canon fighter, which while taking damage, it is more powerful is a very interesting concept we lack in the current games, while it was poorly excecuted in Melee, I think this is the time to bring Pichu back, as the little mice did have fans.

- Mii Fighters = The Mii Plaza is dead (R.I.P), same with the Miiverse (R.I.P), so, why keep the Mii's around? The mode the Mii's required takes developement time, and all the works for costumes and consuming of time will delay it, so, it sounds better to just cut them off, but the concept of fighting as anyone you desire in a limited way was cool, still, you could not even use them online. The Mii's are facing a huge obsticle if they want to make them return, but it could happen.

- Cloud Strife = The only third party to fall here, and the reasons are, why Cloud in the first place? Why did they include Cloud at the time that they did? Within the DLC state. Because of this, I have no clue if they want to make him return or not, as well as, why not another guest over Cloud? There are just more questions over answers that I can not feel easy about letting him back for now.

Even MORE Further Reading!

https://imgur.com/a/RrT32
^
MOD Please, you know the drill <3

Now here we come to all the rejected fairytale princesses, forgotten rellics and of course personal fan-favourite maids that we all just wish to join the party... Or something like that. Well, this is all about the more "Less Likley" additions, characters that I would be ok with, and personal favourites that I do not expect. Yes, this is more or less the realistic and hard to take inn choices.

- Tingle = Most recurring Zelda character yet not playable, spawn his own spin-off games and have been an Assist Trophy in the prior 2 games. I think he would be a fun addition.

- Samurai Goroh = It's a sad pill to swallow, knowing one of your favourite franchises is considered "dead", and I just want to see some more life breathe into the F-Zero series, and my favourite character and pilot is Samurai Goroh, luckily for me, he is also the true rival to Falcon, he was feautured in the Melee intro and also had a prominant role as an Assist Trophy in the 2 prior games. If Goroh is not the next F-Zero addition, then I will be outherly dissapointed, but at this point, any new F-Zero fighter would be like Jesus reborn lol.

- Skull Kid = Not going to hide the fact that Majora's Mask is my personal favouirte Zelda game, and that the addition of SKidd as an Assist Trophy was a real treat, but how about making him playable? I would love the idea of that, and Zelda is in desperate need of check up in the Smash Universe.

- Impa = I do not know much of Impa, but I know how important she is for Zelda, as a character to the story, and Impa makes more sense than Sheik, but, Sheik is now becoming a Smash Legacy addition, so she will stay. Impa seem to have a great arsenal at her disposial, as well as great moveset potential, so, I would not mind.

- Ridley = It's about time that Ridley and his fans get some sort of closure in their cries. We know the issues at hand, but Sakurai is a man who has proven to go back on things he had said in the past to rewrite the rules. Metroid is in desperate need of a new character, but there are no certanty it will happen, but I hope, and Ridley is a great choice, at least I felt that after playing the Brawl Mod of Ridley.

- Krystal = While Wolf is a very prominant proposal of a return, there is no denying that Krystal would be nice into the mix, but it's hard to see when she fits, but if we were to have two characters of the Star Fox series, then I would see her as second priority after the howling Wolf.

- Waluigi = NOW it's WAH-Time, or, it could be Waluigi's time. This character is my favourite Mario Spin-Off character, and I like using him in Mario Party, Kart and the very few sport titles that I have played. Other than actually being a Waluigi fan, I think I really want him so that the Mario Bro's vs Wario Bro's in Smash could finally happen. I honestly hope to beisde being original, he feels more agile like Mario than Wario.

- Geno = If Square can agree on Cloud, and take him back, I hope Sakurai can make a last attempt on bringing Geno back to the scene, and finally we might get the possesed wooden doll into the fray. I've wanted him ever since Brawl speculation days. Could this gamer get his wish this time? Only time will tell, but I will not hold my hopes up too hight.

- Crash Bandicoot = Sony you say? Yes, he was born there, but he has a sweet record with Nintendo, don't you think? Also with the revival, and the fact that Crash is a popular character in Japan, maybe this could be the epic time to invite the Bandicoot? or... Wombat?

- Medusa = The only new Kid Icarus character that I really want. Not saying that I would be fine with, but really want. I mentioned this earlir.

- Chibi-Robo = There is faith in this little guy, but how likely it is, is discussable. Ever since Smash Flash 2 provided me with a gameplay concept for this guy I've been on board with the idea and inclusion. He is really cute, and I think would be a very fun addition.

- Decidueye = Wether it will be a Gen 7 or 8 has a lot to say for Decidueye's possible addition, for a new Pokémon character WILL happen. So, it all comes up to timing, as well as how much push Game Freak & Nintendo keeps on giving Decidueye.

- Balloon Fighter = Legacy of late Satoru Iwata, and an instant classic of Nintendo as a company, as well as the potential to finally enitiate a well developed AIR-focused character, Balloon Fighter has a lot going for him on the positive side, but is he likely? *cries in a corner*

- Dark Samus = If Ridley is a huge stretch, then the second up there is Dark Samus, as Metroid does need a newcomer, and what Dark Samus can give is a very different moveset from Samus, which you can clearly see with it's attempt at being an Assist Trophy. Dark Samus is a character I really support.

- Andy = Or any Advance Wars for that matter is welcomed. I feel like being very optimistic of ambitious if I place an Advance War character on the base roster without any indication or proof that it will happen, which unfortuantly is nothing more than a candle in the wind.

- Isaac = Same goes for Isaac, as I just said about Andy. Golden Sun, is like F-Zero, ignored and "dead" in some peoples eyes, even if it's a hard pill to swallow, a grand return for either series would brighten up the hopes, but as far as Isaac goes, even the Assist Trophy from Brawl was mysteriously taken out. Still, same as Chibi-Robo, Isaac in Smash Flash 2 gave me a sweet idea on how he would play, and I've been lending my support for the character ever since.

- Doshin = I fool you not. Nintendo loves to surprise, and what would be a BIGGER surprise than Doshin? Either way he is a guilty pleasure pick of mine. Size will not be an issue, as his gimmick is all about changing his size, so, that can be done. Also, think of that guy who supported Duck Hunt Dog, who's laughing now? Even though his chances are probobly the slimmest of ALL, I still would like it.

- Lip = Panel De Pon is a master piece, and Sakurai knows it. He had some issues regarding Takamaru not being recognized in the west, but was placed as an Assist Trophy, and now most likely a playable character. Also, remember how Marth and Roy made it to Melee, and the crowd was like "Who the hell are those blokes?!", but quickly fell in love with them, making the Fire Emblem now a staple of Smash. Those were the days, a very nice experimental time, and I wish Nintendo will be this bold again, and why not with Lip? Like, who the heck where Lucas? I did not even know who Ness where before Melee, and same with Lucas. Let the next one be Lip and I would be very very very happy.

Now that would be all. Thanks for hearing me out, a cookie is sendt in the post. And if you would like to discuss, do one of the following instructions that are on the top of this post.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
this is my ideal/prediction smash switch roster if its not being made from the ground:

the yellow ones are DLC and the question mark after Rayman is a character that does not exsist yet but would hype up a game similar to Corrin
Pichu and Ninten and Dry Bowser as the last minute clones

Attachments

Last edited:

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
New Roster Time! PS: UNREALISTIC PERSONAL IDEA
My Roster:
:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario2::4dk::4diddy:Dixie Kong King K. Rool
:4link::4zelda:/ :4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss:Sylux:4pit::4palutena:Magnus :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4corrinf:
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:Bandanna Waddle Dee :4fox::4falco::wolf::4pikachu::4charizard::4mewtwo::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja:Decidueye:4ness::4lucas::4falcon::popo::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt::4villager::4olimar::4littlemac:Isaac:4shulk:Rex/Pyra Inkling Min Min:4sonic::4bayonetta::4megaman::4ryu::4pacman:Bomberman Rayman :?:
Secrets:
:4luigi::4jigglypuff::4falcon:
:4ganondorf::4marth::4falco::4mewtwo::4gaw:
:4tlink::wolf::4rob:
:4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4shulk:
King K. Rool Sylux
Cuts:
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:
:4drmario:(Alt for :4mario:)
:4darkpit:(Alt for :4pit:)
:4lucina:(Alt for :4marth:)
:4mii::4miif:
:4feroy:
:4cloud::4cloud2:
V.2
Added: Impa, Isabelle
Cut: :4sheik:
V.3
Cuts: Magnus, Isabelle, Min Min, Bomberman
Added: Spring Man
Redo
Smash For Switch Roster.png

Cuts::4corrinf:,:4bayonetta:,Spring Man
Added: Waluigi, Toon Zelda, Lyn, Dillon

New Smash game, new roster
Also, screw the last rosters.
My Roster:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultwario::ultdk::ultdiddy:Dixie Kong :ultkrool::ultlink::ultsheik: Impa :ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley:
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultduckhunt::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:Bandana Waddle Dee :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:Decidueye :ultgnw::ultrob::ultness::ultlucas::ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultvillager::ultolimar::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultshulk::ultinkling: Octoling :ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultken::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultsimon::ultrichter: Rayman :ultmiifighters:?(Random Icon)

Last edited:

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
There's a lot of really big rosters on here, so I'm hoping my rather small predicted/wanted Smash Switch roster provides some interesting contrast.
I'd rather have a small selection of all-star Switch mascots that are well-designed and well-balanced than a massive selection of characters that are hard to keep track of. Each of these characters' movesets would be updated to fit their most recent appearances, and would feel like they do in their respective games. The general rule of thumb for selection was one per franchise, preferably with a game on the Switch or 3DS or otherwise with an important legacy.
Ultra Smash Bros alternate shape.png

• Captain Falcon, Villager, Pit, Fox, and Olimar do not change.
  • Mario is straight out of Super Mario Odyssey, cap and all.
  • Link, as seen in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, is considerably revised.
  • Pikachu appears from the upcoming Pokemon Switch, with his modern "anime moveset". (electro ball, iron tail, quick attack, thunderbolt)
  • Chrom fuses together the legacy of Fire Emblem in Smash, taking on the Dancing Blade in a well-rounded style.
  • Kirby, featuring the copy abilities of Kirby Star Allies. Yep, that's an almost brand new moveset!
  • Samus Returns, with new moves from Metroid Prime 4 (and Samus Returns of course)
  • Luigi, with a full Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon re-build. (I imagine he plays kinda like ROB)
  • Yoshi, but controlling as he does in his more modern appearances.
  • Donkey Kong, rebuilt to feel more like he does in the new Donkey Kong Country games.
  • Ness, fused with some aspects of Lucas. (PK Freeze, for example)
  • Sonic is modernized, with Down Spec. being the new Stomp + Drop Dash techniques, and Side Spec. being classic Spin Dash only.
  • Bayonetta sticks around, a true Nintendo exclusive now. Her Bat Within works much differently, and her risk factor is increased.
  • Mega Man is fully equipped with his arsenal from the upcoming Mega Man 11, receiving a slight moveset update.
  • Rex, from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, takes Shulk's spot this time around. He'll be similar in some ways, but a relatively fresh character.
  • Spring Man enters the ring from ARMS. His fiery arsenal can charge up for extra knockback as he punches away from a distance.
  • The Inklings from Splatoon 2 swim in, equipped with the new Splat Dualies at the core of their versatile zoning moveset.
  • Mr. Game & Watch ditches luck for strategy, with much more defined moves that don't rely on good fortune.
  • Pac-Man is de-glitched and ready to take the stage one more time, with much better utility in his melee game this time around.
  • Mii returns, but simplified greatly. With Mii Brawler as the core moveset, there are 4 options for each custom move, selected at the character select screen. There will be 8 classic Mii personas available, alongside the active player's Miis. Size is no longer a factor.
Sonic through Pac-Man are the 8 unlockable characters this time around. The CSS would be a ring of 24 around the Random button, making a 5x5 grid with the unlockables in the middle ring.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
For some reason I couldn't update my version of the program so I used the old version.

My roster is a mix of prediction and personal wishes for a Smash 4 Port on Switch. So it just has all Smash 4 characters with some new ones. (I put a fire emblem icon into corrin's space because the old version of the software doesn't have corrin)

Blue: Smash 4 Characters
Yellow: Smash 4 DLC characters
Green: The New characters included in the port for the Switch. I'll explain each one:

Inkling: basically the new super popular nintendo franchise that everyone wants a representative in smash. Very high chances.
New Pokemon newcomer: I'm guessing it'll be a new pokemon from the 8th gen.
ICs and Wolf: Very popular veteran smash characters that have very high chances of coming back.
Bomberman: More of a personal wish, but he does have some chance considering he had a Switch game at the console's launch.
Rayman: I'm personally not a super big fan of Rayman but considering Nintendo seems to be in a very good relationship with Ubisoft I think it's very possible.
Crash Bandicoot: 100% personal wish

D

Deleted member

I am pretty nervous about posting here since this is my first time constructing my own roster. Okay, considering the reduction of playable characters from Tekken Tag Tournament going into Tekken 4, I decided to take that same approach with my roster by doing the 30-character-roster challenge. Of course, the original twelve are here to stay as well as at least three veterans each from Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. Also threw in three newcomers I predict will be in the next Smash. Hope y'all like it, 'cause the decisions on who to omit was a very hard one. Here it is...

Sayonara :kirby:

Fearitself

Smash Rookie

Dixie Kong would be a semi-clone of Diddy. Most similar to Fox & Falco. Her moves with have opposite knockback directions as Diddy to keep her unique. K. Rool is added, we need more villains and super heavy weight characters.

Samurai Goroh would have Ganondorf's moveset finally allowing Ganon to have a non-Falcon clone moveset. There are enough swordsmen so Ganon wouldn't always have a sword. He would have a magic projectile a la his electric energy ball in OoT.

Ice Climbers return.

Young Link skins for Toon Link. It is tempting to add a character such as Impa and make her a stronger but slower Sheik. But she's not a big enough part of the series to merit a roster spot.

Dark Samus can stay a Samus skin, no need for more clones. Ridley is the logical choice as Metroid needs another character spot badly. Ridley could play like a faster Charizard.

Dark Pit removed and made back into a skin for Pit as he should be.

Waddle Dee joins the roster. He would play similarly to Kirby but with a little more range.

Krystal joins the Star Fox cast. She would be a fast character but would not have a blaster or any long range projectile or a shine. Her movement would be similar to that of the spacies but her specials would be more unique. Wolf makes his welcome return.

Eevee would join the roster and all of Eevee's evolutions would be costumes (Sylveon is very popular in Japan and all the evolutions would likely appeal to the most amount of people while only taking up one roster slot).

Lucina and Marth become one character with the exact same size and with tipper mechanics. Robin and Corrin stay as the choose male or female characters. No additonal Fire Emblem characters. There are enough swordsmen already.

Wii Fit Trainer is removed (is an assist trophy that uses WFT smash ball move). Olimar splits a slot with Alph and Inkling is added. Inkling would work very similarly to Villager with different skins and both male and female costumes.

Shovel Knight joins the roster. Ms. Pac-Man skins share a slot with Pac-Man. Chun Li is added and uses the advanced inputs Ryu uses. Shadow and Knuckles are Sonic skins and Sonic gets costumes that aren't all blue. Tails is added as he wouldn't be a complete clone of Sonic and would have a much slower run speed but still relatively fast and with great recovery. All Miis would have the same weight and size of hitboxes to keep them the same regardless of the Mii size.

Notable omissions include Pichu, Young Link (it's hard to merit Toon Link and Young Link both having a spot), Cloud, Bayonetta, Duck Hunt, Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle and Ivysaur) and Snake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My turn.

Here's my updated, post-E3 2018 roster (warning: it's faaaaat):
Changes from the previous versions:
- Toon Zelda and Bomberman have been removed.
- Black Shadow stays and now becomes an Echo to :ultfalcon:.
- Includes a total of 18 newcomers for 5 new Echo fighters.

This roster is a follow-up to my deluxe version of my previous roster, as Ultimate's roster is likely to exceeds it.

January 7th said:
Just like in the previous thread, my roster exists in 3 versions:
- An honest version, which corresponds to what the roster would look like if the next Smash game is a Smash 4 port.
- A standard version, which corresponds to either how my honest roster would look like with DLCs or what it would like if the next Smash is an all-new installment.
- And a deluxe version, which corresponds to either how my standard roster would look like with DLCs or if the next Smash game is very generous in terms of content.

Let's get started with:
- Characters whose names are typed in italic are newcomers.
- Toon Zelda, Dark Samus and Black Shadow are mainly added for the purpose of keeping most or all of their models' old movesets in favour of getting new ones. Same with :4darkpit:.
- Decidueye is the most likely to get cut for another Pokémon rep, most likely for one from Generation 8, but is added anyway instead of a bland "Pokémon rep" slot.
- Bomberman is added alongside Snake as he's a property of Konami as well, and he would be the most likely choice for a second Konami rep.
- Rayman is added due to Nintendo's recent relationships with Ubisoft, notably with Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.

This roster and its 3 versions will get updated regularly, and I'll put the older versions under spoiler tags to keep a record.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Alright. My roster is a little...out there. I made with a "soft-reboot" in mind, which I know a majority of people don't like the idea of (myself included). The overall idea of trimming the roster back and spending development time on veterans to potentially make them feel as fresh as the Smash 4 newcomers, all while still providing a decent cast of new fighters. New models, new animations, heavily reworked movesets, etc.

First, here is the roster (Please ignore the not-perfect order and placement. I tried my darn hardest to make it work into this roster shape, but kinda have up near the end...):

BONUS Roster with Third-Parties:

Credit and link for the Rhythm Troupe icon can be found in their respective section of NEWCOMER EXPLANATIONS.

Here are a few restrictions I placed on myself when making it:

1. 42 character limit. I know that placing an arbitrary maximum isn't how it's actually done, but I wanted to reflect the idea limited development time. Previous game clearly have less time spent on veterans, but for this hypothetical Smash, focus would be put on making EVERY character feel as distinct as possible, meaning less time to make a larger roster. I also believe that anything less than Brawl's total (39) would cause too much disappointment, so 42-45 feels like a nice middle ground.

2. No guests. Yeah, you probably saw the lack of guests and were confused. Smash 4 backed itself into a corner in terms of third-parties. With a smaller roster, the number of guests would have to be cut back as well, but then the question arises of who gets included? Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man are all too big to not return, if guests are included, then people will want to see NEW guests, which ultimately means less room for Nintendo characters.In the end, I chose to exclude guests completely. If this were a real scenario, I would leave guests for DLC. For fun though, I have also included a roster with Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man - the three biggest guest characters.

3. No more than 4 characters per franchise. Again, this kind of random limitation is not a realistic way of going about it, but doing so forces me to choose characters from new universes. I personally feel that Smash should strive to represent as many IPs as it can, as opposed to just adding onto what is already there.

I played it fairly safe with the newcomers, adding who I feel are the bigger, more hype bringing characters to help detract from the large number of cuts. Below are explanations for each newcomer. I hope to later add explanations for why I decided to cut and keep who I did, as well as a potential DLC plan. NOTE: I put way too much time into these, so prepare for a hefty read! Additionally, most of these are kinda scattered, as I was mostly writing whatever came into my head. I plan to clean it up in the future.

KING K. ROOL

It’s crazy how almost unanimous the belief was that the Donkey Kong series would receive a new character in Smash 4, but it’s clear that Sakurai didn’t share the same mentality. King K. Rool, one of the biggest antagonists the Donkey Kong series, is a world-wide popular choice for Smash, with the only real road block in his way being his lack of presence in newer games in the franchise. That said, considering how big of a name he is within the Smash scene, his inclusion would bring a ton of excitement. Plus, it’s always nice to have more playable villains.

IMPA

The Legend of Zeldahas featured the same cast of characters in Smash since Melee (barring the swap from Young Link to Toon Link, which is mostly a visual one), and it’s starting to grow stale. It’s time to spice it up. The franchise is absolutely filled with characters ripe for the picking, though the major problem stems from a majority of those candidates only existing in one game. There aren’t too many characters in the series with a legacy, so the choice wasn’t too difficult.

Impa has been part of the series since the very beginning (even if it was just in the instruction booklet), and has taken on a plethora of forms throughout the series. It seems that Nintendo has settled on Impa being of the Sheikah Clan, which is exactly how she’d be portrayed in Smash. Taking some inspiration from Sheik’s moveset, Impa would be quick, incorporating swift melee attacks. Additionally, Impa would make use of the Sheikah Slate powers from Breath of the Wild.

GANON

“What?! Ganon?!” you shout, baffled and perplexed. “What about Ganondorf?!”

Ganondorf is great. I love the dude, no matter what look he takes on. However, it’s been made clear by Sakurai himself that Ganondorf was incredibly lucky to make it into the roster (as a clone of Captain Falcon in Melee), and since then, not a whole lot has been done with his moveset, which, for the King of Evil, is blasphemous. Ideally, reworking Ganondorf into something new and fresh would be best, but I wanted to take it a step further.

Ganon is the OG. He’s appeared in more many more titles than his humanoid form (and usually appears alongside his humanoid form as well), and even serves as the final boss of Breath of the Wild, where Ganondorf is nowhere to be seen. While Ganondorf may be the more iconic form, Ganon holds that legacy and plot significance. In Smash, I see him being inspire by his classic, more pig-like appearances. Give him some dark sorcery alongside with his trident, and you’ve got one monster of a fighter.

DECIDUEYE

Every Smash game includes a Pokémon newcomer from the newest generation; Melee had Pichu (Gen 2), Brawl had Lucario (Gen 4), and Smash 4 had Greninja (Gen 6). It only makes sense to continue the trend, and for this roster, I chose Decidueye (Gen 7). The difficulty here lies in the fact that Generation 8 of Pokémon is in development for the Switch, but there is absolutely no info on it yet, so a Sun/Moon Pokémon is the only viable pick for a new Pokémon fighter. There are plenty of choices, as there always is, but there a few reasons why I chose Decidueye:

- There are two other starter Pokemon in Smash: Charizard and Greninja. Charizard is fire type, and Greninja is water type. Decidueye, being a Grass starter, would nicely round out the trinity.

- Decidueye is grass/ghost, both of which have yet to be represented in Smash. The moveset potential here is huge, and Decidueye would have a very unique moveset because of it.

- Decidueye is playable in Pokken Tournament, so there may definitely be some push by GameFreak to put Decidueye in the spotlight.

ASHLEY

Ashley is a bit of a wild-card pick. There were a few contenders that fought for this position, and while I feel she may the weakest of the newcomers in terms of importance and Nintendo, she’s got a very sizeable fanbase, and gets a great deal of attention from Nintendo themselves. Her inclusion would mostly be to please the fans, especially after the deep cuts to the roster. Additionally, Ashley’s witch magic and powers could make for a great moveset with a strong focus on manipulating opponents’ stats, such as setting clouds of magic on the field that will temporarily reduce an opponent’s speed or jump height if they enter it, all depending on which magic was used.

LYN

When it comes to a new Fire Emblemcharacter, I feel there are two options: Lyn, or whoever the protagonist of the newest game is. Unfortunately, we know nothing about the newest title yet, so Lyn will take the spot for now. Personally, I feel Lyn is a solid candidate regardless. She’s topped official polls as one of, if not the most popular female lord of the series, and she sort of marks a turning point in the series as she was the first playable character in the first ever worldwide release. Furthermore, there’s a nice sense of historical balance with the three FE characters:

- Marth represents the beginning of the series, as he is the first protagonist.

- Lyn represents the growth in popularity, as she is the protagonist of the first worldwide entry, and most fans’ introduction to the series.

- Robin represents the rebirth, as he is one of the protagonists of Awakening, one of the most popular entries, and the one that saved the series from certain death.

REX & PYRA

Xenoblade Chroniclesis starting to become a major IP for Nintendo, so much so that they had the series help launch the Switch in its first year. Due to the smaller roster size, I don’t believe the franchise is important enough for two representatives, and while the first title is a classic, it is the latest entry that has been given the biggest push. It has already sold more than the two previous games in the series, and has gotten much more attention from Nintendo themselves. Because of this, I feel Rex & Pyra, the protagonists on Xenoblade Chronicles 2, are a near lock for the roster.

Taking inspiration from the Ice Climbers, the player would control Rex alone, with Pyra following close behind. Just like in the original game, a beam of light would connect the two, representing their “affinity”. The longer Pyra stays close to Rex, and stronger the affinity becomes, eventually turning a golden yellow. The stronger the affinity, the stronger Rex’s moves become. The exact opposite occurs when Pyra is knocked away from Rex; the farther away Pyra is, the weaker the affinity and Rex become.

INKLING

I don’t think there’s much to explain about the Inkling. The Inkling’s inclusion in Smash isn’t a matter of “if”, but “when”. Splatoon has become a huge new IP for Nintendo, so big that they used it to help launch the Switch. Whenever the next game is revealed, I’d bet good money on the Inklings being the first newcomer revealed.

…that’s it. I don’t have much else to say. I don’t think anyone would disagree…

EXCITEBIKER

I believe Excitebikeis severely overlooked when it comes to Smash speculation. It’s one of more iconic NES titles, and always manages to pop-up when you least expect, like with Excitebike 64 and Excitebike: World Rally on the Wii. Additionally, the Excite brand was also used for Excite Truck and Excitebots: Trick Racing, both on the Wii.

The Excite series is a well-known Nintendo franchise, but there is another reason I believe the Excitebiker should be included. Back in the days of the NES, Nintendo would categorize their games as a way to indicate to players what style of game they were about to play. For example, Super Mario Bros. was labeled under the “Action Series”, Gyromite was labeled under the “Robot Series” (games that were compatible with R.O.B.), Duck Hunt is labeled under the “Light Gun Series, and so forth. Other categories include “Adventure” (Metroid, Kid Icarus), “Arcade” (Donkey Kong), “Sports” (Ice Hockey, Golf), and “Programmable” (Excitebike, Wrecking Crew), the later two of which do not have a playable representative in Smash (though a Wrecking Crew stage does appear in Smash 4). As you may have guessed, Excitebiker would help to represent yet another NES series, the “Programmable” series.

Now all we need is a character for the “Sports” series…

SPRING MAN

Spring Man is the poster boy for Nintendo newest IP, ARMS. There aren’t very many characters in Smash from single-game franchises (mostly retro characters and Shulk), so it may seem a little much to include an ARMS representative, but the game has sold well, and has gotten a major push from Nintendo. It was one of the first games released for the Switch, and thus makes Spring Man a great representative of the Switch. Furthermore, with a graphic novel series releasing later this year, I believe the series has a pretty decent future ahead of it.

RHYTHM TROUPE

First, I want to give credit to DeviantART user Pavlos-Walrus for creating this beautiful render, and also for simple coming up with what I believe to be the best way to represent Rhythm Heaven as a character. Here is a link to the original art:

https://pavlovs-walrus.deviantart.com/art/Rhythm-Troupe-Smashified-536965341

So, how does one choose a fighter from a series that doesn’t have a main character? Why, by mashing some of them together, of course! The idea of the Rhythm Troupe is genius. It allows for many of the quirky characters to shine, and provides a contextual reason to base a moveset off referencing different rhythm minigames. It’s smart from a design perspective, it’s smart from a gameplay perspective. It’s just all around smart. There has been some evidence that Sakurai planned to include a Rhythm Heaven fighter in Smash 4, but those plans clearly fell through. I believe the franchise is big enough for Smash inclusion, especially when you consider the insane potential for a moveset, stage, music, and more.

TAKAMARU

Our last new fighter is Takamaru, a samurai hailing from the little-known NES title, The Mysterious Murasame Castle. Takamaru’s inclusion completes the reunion of the sibling games, the others being The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Kid Icarus, all of which released in 1986. The reason for them being “siblings” stems from the sharing of game engines. The Legend of Zelda and The Mysterious Murasame Castle are the “brothers”, sharing the top-down gameplay, while Metroid and Kid Icarus are the “sisters”, sharing the side-scrolling, vertical corridor gameplay. One of the major blockades keeping Takamaru from joining the battle was that his game was, until recently, Japan exclusive. However, during Smash 4’s development, the game was finally localized worldwide on the 3DS virtual console. The worldwide release of his game, alongside with the minigame based on his game in Nintendo Land and the huge dose of love the game got in Smash 4 all but confirms his inclusion in the next Smash.

Last edited:

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Here's my personal roster. It shows a bit of bias towards the mother series and kinda shoulders metroid but this is my opinion so whatever.

Mario characters::4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::4drmario::rosalina: :4wario: ( might as well put wario here) and adding Waluigi and Captain Toad. Toad would finalize the mario roster and captain toad seems to be growing in relevance, and waluigi deserves the upgrade due to moveset potential.

DK characters::4dk::4diddy: and adding K Rool and Dixie. Why not add both? We need more heavyweights and villains, though Dixie is more relevant, so why not add both?

Yoshi::4yoshi: and Yarn Yoshi. The sequel to wooly world on the switch inspired the wierd pick. I feel like Yarn Yoshi could use the actual power ups in Yoshis island and also add a new twist with the yarn balls.

LOZ: :4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink: And add Lana, Botw link, and young link. Lana could represent the whole Warriors franchise since that doesn't look like it's leaving anytime soon. I also think the two new links could expand upon the base of normal link by implementing the sheikhs slate, the masks, and the ancient weapons.

Kirby series::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight: and Bandana Dee.
Bandana Dee seems to be the new main character in Kirby. Give him his spear and we have a unique fighter.

Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus::4marth::4corrinf::4lucina::4feroy::4robinm::4myfriends::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:.

Retro characters::4duckhunt::4rob::4gaw::4littlemac::popo: and exite bike. Imagine if we had a character to represent mario kart and other Nintendo racing series, not to mention always stay on his bike. I think that'd be hilarious.

Metroid::4samus::4zss:... sorry Ridley

Mother: :4ness::4lucas: and ninten and porky. Ninten to finish off the trilogy, and I hope they change his recovery too. Porky would be awesome though. He could fight in the spider robot he had at the end of moTher 2. I imagine he'd play like a bulkier and slower Bowser Jr.

Pikmin::4alph::4olimar:. I want alph to be his own character so he can throw rock pikmin and throw winged pikmin, but I could go without him.

Star Fox::4falco::4fox::wolf: and Krystal. So far the star fox characters have all been based on fox's move set. Give us someone new!

F-Zero::4falcon: and black shadow. Give black shadow Ganondorf's moveset and make Ganon canon.

Xenonlade: :4shulk: and Rex. Pyra would be cool too I don't really care. The new Xenoblade is doing pretty well. I think it's time that Xenoblade got a new rep.

Pokemon: :4pikachu::pichumelee: (Pichu back would be hilarious):4jigglypuff::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4mewtwo: and decidueye. We don't have a grass or ghost type and pokemon Ultra sun/moon just dropped. He could be replaced by a popular gen 8 pokemon but were not there yet.

Other::4villager::4wiifit:. Add inkling and ribbon girl. The 2 newest Nintendo ips are totally making it in and both of them have a promising moveset.

3rd party: :4sonic::4bayonetta::4cloud::4megaman::4pacman: And bomber man.

The end.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
My roster

Super Mario - Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Dr Mario, Yoshi, Rosalina, Bowser Jr - New - Waluigi (Clone of Luigi)
Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
LoZ - Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link - New - BOTW Link
Metroid - Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley
Kirby - Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Star Fox - Fox, Falco - New - Wolf, Krystal
Pokemon - Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja - New - Decidueye
F-Zero - Captain Falcon
Earthbound - Ness, Lucas
FE - Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Robin, Corrin
G&W - Mr Game & Watch
Kid Icarus - Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit
Wario - Wario
Pikmin - Olimar
ROB - R.O.B
Sonic - Sonic - New - Tails
Animal Crossing - Villager
Wii Fit - Wii Fit Trainer
Punch Out - Little Mac
Xenoblade - Shulk - New - Rex & Pyra
Duck Hunt - Duck Hunt Dog
Megaman - Megaman - New - Zero
Pac-Man - Pac-Man
Street Fighter - Ryu - New - M. Bison
FF - Cloud - Sephiroth
Bayonetta - Bayonetta
Ace Attorney - Phoenix Wright
No More Heroes - Travis
Splatoon - Inkling
Shovel Knight - Shovel Knight
Metal Gear - Snake, Raiden
Ice Climbers - Ice Climbers
Crash Bandicoot - Crash
ARMS - Ribbon Girl

75 characters

christyalmeth

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3332-4545-9808

New Characters:
Mario: Daisy, Captain Toad, & Birdo: from past games and have been rumored before/wanted
DK: Dixie & King K. Rool: Been heavily rumored in the past, I love Dixie and she was in Tropical Freeze that did well, so why not add her?
Added Banjo & Kazooie because they were rumored to be DLC for Wii U Smash and how awesome would it be??
Kirby: Waddle Dee because cuteness and would be nice for another beginner character for the kids
Star Fox: Added Wolf because he's an OG fan fave that was deleted from recent Smashes that deserves to be in the game
Pokemon: Added Poliwhirl & Psyduck because they are fan faves from the anime & Poliwhirl just looks like he can be in smash (plus he's one of my favorites)
Pikman: Alph because Pikman needs more representation
Sonic: Tails, Knuckles, & Eggman: How do you have Sonic without these characters? It just feels right to add them in.
Ice Climbers I think it goes without saying we want this iconic duo back, I've secondary mained them in every game they appear it. Love them and their stage in Melee it just doesn't feel like a Smash game without them.
Rayman: Added him because he was one of the biggest rumors
Rabbid: For the fact of Mario Rabbids Kingdom battle's success
Shovel Knight, Wonder Red, Bomberman: Indie faves
Ms. Pac-Man: Wildcard
Ribbon Girl, Springman, & Inkling: New IPs Nintendo needs to market & 2 big games on the Switch that are possible guarantees

POSSIBLE UNLOCKS: Snake, Blazeikan, Master Hand & Ridley since these are all fan faves and bosses people would love to see

MAYBES: Pauline and a Cappy Mario????

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
so!
it can look like an ideal roster. Well, actually it ended to be that, haha.
But it started as a prediction roster -a very detailed prediction: in fact some of the spots are the results of prediction about things like announcement and release date, announcement and release of other games (in particular for dlc characters) and so on-
This roster is the roster of a game that is half way between a Smash 4 Deluxe and a Smash 5: the engine and the graphics are pretty the same of Smash 4, almost all modes are the same of that version too. But there are enough characters to consider it a new game, moreover some of the old characters receive a rework/some tweaks.
It will be announced in the January direct, will be showed again in april direc, showed for the last time at E3 with the release of a beta, and will be released at middle of September 2018.
tAnother particularity that makes it a little different from a simple deluxe edition is the fact it will contain dlcs (7): they will be released: the first 2 six months after the vanilla game (so march 2019); the 2nd and the 3rd after other 3 months (June) ; the 5th and the 6th after other 3 months (September), and the last one after other 3 months (midde of December or slightly after Christmas).

Let's analyze the image!

-red characters are the unlockable ones: they will never be showed during presentation, aside from a little hint to Mr G&W
-the red fire emblem icon is Corrin
-Link is green because he is reworked: now he is Link from BotW!
-Other reworked characters of the vanilla game are Ganon(dorf?), Mario and Dr Mario: Marios are just slightly different from Sm4sh in term of moveset, in order to accept new moves from Odyssey and to make them even less clonish: Dr Mario is severely buffed
-the simple "newcomer icon" is Springman with Ribbon Girl as alt skin
-Fiora is green because she is a placeholder in order to represent Pyra (yep, not Rex)
-Lucina is a Marth alt skin and Dark Pit a Pit alt skin now, because the reason that bringed to add them in first place now wouldn't have sense anymore: they were added to occupy the last part of development time with 2 cheaps additions. Now there isn't this time, so they would have been added only if planned since the first moment. But clones aren't planned at the first moment, unless you have to make your little roster bigger: this time the roster is just huuuuuge!
-Crash Bandicoot obviously is the star of Smash presentation at E3. Porting of Crash Trilogy for Switch will be announced in a direct between January and April, and released in June. If there will be a new Crash game in development, at E3 Direct will be announced that also that game will be released for Switch

DLCs chapter!
-March: 8th gen pokèmon newcomer; Fire Emblem Switch main character. FE Switch could be already released at the time of SpatSmash release, idk, maybe not in the whole world. The fact is that SpatSmash was at first planned to be released months earlier, but technical and rights issues caused its delay. The FE character wasn't planned at first

-June: Metroid newcomer (MP4 will be released in march 2019) and the useless Waddle Dee join the battle!

-September: Isaac aaaaand... Wolf! an half completely reworked Wolf! this rework is exactly the reason why he wasn't included in the vanilla game

-Christmas 2019: now, don't scare, don't be upset... until some months ago I was one of your team: never and never I could accept a not_generated_from_a_videogame_character. But now I think that for this specific case -only for THIS specific case- it would be a great addition, it will generate an overload of hype and sells. And moreover he is connected to the release of "DragonBall FighterZ: Over9000 edition" for Nintendo Switch (May 2019)

Very ironic that Goku could be the very last character of Smash Hystory...

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
This is a weird mix of realism/ideal... Some of my most wanted characters aren't here but that's only because I find them unlikely. That said, some of these are leaps of logic, but Sakurai is the kind of bloke who would put some of these rando's in here.

Important notes

Cuts-
Lucina, Doctor Mario, Bayonetta, Toon Link

Returning Characters-
Pokemon Trainer (Reincorporating Charizard), Ice Climbers

New Characters-
Professor E. Gadd (Eclectic af with lots of tools)
Kamek (Distance based character, can teleport and do a short quick broom-dash but runs real slow)
Dixie Kong (NOT a clone)
King K. Rool (Blunderbuss)
Impa (Wielding a Naginata)
Masked Link (Trading between Goron, Zora and Deku, ult is limited time Fierce Deity)
Ribbon Girl (Is just default, all ARMS characters are different costumes)
Rundas (Ice Climbers are great, but we need a REAL Ice-based character and Rundas is great)
FE Switch Character
Slippy Toad (Real turret based, it'd be great)
Isabelle (Basically using all the other AC things that Villager doesn't)
Decidueye
Callie/Marie (Really just a standard Inkling character, but with different costumes between the two of them, Squid Sisters final smash)
Shovel Knight (Pls)
Rex & Pyra (I think Nintendo wants to make Xenoblade a core series, I think X2 is doing so well and these guys are all but assured)
Viridi (Nature based hero sounds amazing plus #sakurai)
Mike Jones (Startropics has gone unnoticed for too long. Kid Icarus that series please)

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Smash Switch Prospective Roster.png

MAIN ROSTER ADDITIONS
  • I think King K. Rool had to have done well in the Ballot. It wouldn't surprise me if they add him to the next game, port or not; he's had a resurgence of popularity as of recent, and if Sakurai doesn't see Dixie as viable without a gimmick, K.Rool might be more interesting.
  • Takamaru makes sense, since he's sort of gained a cult following nowadays. He's probably one of the least-likely choices here, but as a retro character with a unique style, I could see him getting in.
  • Okay, so Ridley's a very debatable choice, I'll admit. But we all know Ridley could make a great incentive for Smash fans to buy a Switch port, or an awesome newcomer to reveal (or even keep secret and wait for people to uncover). His only fatal flaw is Sakurai would need to be able to figure out how to make him work; if not, he's toast again.
  • Wolf was one of the more highly-requested veteran returns from Brawl, and I could see him being added to help flesh out the roster and bring in some older fighters.
  • The Ice Climbers are practically a shoe-in without the limits of the 3DS. Do I really need to elaborate here? :p
  • Inkling is also really likely, given the massive success Splatoon's been and the interesting elements they could have in their moveset.
OTHER
This section is for characters I think have a decent shot, but might not be the top of the priority chart or may be overlooked for others.
  • Waddle Dee makes sense as a Kirby newcomer, but I wonder if Sakurai's even going to add more Kirby characters. He might think the series is fine with just Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight.
  • Knuckles and Tails both make sense as Sonic newcomers, since both could be decently unique from Sonic while still feeling similar. Tails could use his inventions and machines to augment his normal moveset, while Knuckles could emphasize brawling and more rough, power-oriented combat. Plus, Knuckles has meme fame to work with.
  • Funky Kong, similarly to Knuckles, has sort of become a meme thanks to the Switch version of Tropical Freeze and it's "FUNKY NEW MODE!". I wouldn't be shocked if they add him as a DK clone.
  • Bomberman is honestly more likely as a new Konami character then Snake is, in my opinion. He's already got a Switch game, and he fits much cleaner into the stylized world of Smash, especially Smash 4, with it's vibrant colors. Plus, with Kojima out, Snake's basically dead in the water in terms of Smash, sadly.
  • I can see Captain Toad in Smash, honestly, but I'm wondering how easily one could transplant him into Smash while making him a good fighter. We know Sakurai likes to keep characters consistent, at least generally, to their home games, and Captain Toad can't jump in Treasure Tracker.
  • Sylux seems like he might be a prime (heh) candidate for a new non-Ridley Metroid newcomer, especially if he's returning in Prime 4. I'd like to see Ridley get in first, but Sylux would be a nice addition, too.
I was debating if I should add an ARMS character or not. Maybe that would be DLC or something, I don't know.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My wish list / predictions for Smash 5 (not SSB4 Switch) roster.

81 characters total
57 veterans
24 newcomers

1. :4mario:
  2. :4luigi:
  3. :4peach:
  4. :4bowser:
  5. :rosalina:
  6. :4bowserjr:
  7. :substitute: Toad (with Captain Toad and Toadette as alternate costumes)
  8. :4yoshi:
  9. :4wario:
  10. :4dk:
  11. :4diddy:
  12. :substitute: Dixie Kong
  13. :substitute: King K. Rool (with Kaptain K. Rool as alternate costume)
  14. :4link:
  15. :4zelda:
  16. :4sheik:
  17. :4ganondorf:
  18. :4tlink:
  19. :substitute: Toon Zelda
  20. :substitute: Impa
  21. :4samus:
  22. :4zss:
  23. :4pit:
  24. :4palutena:
  25. :4ness:
  26. :4lucas:
  27. :4marth:
  28. :4myfriends:
  29. :4robinm:
  30. :4corrin:
  31. :substitute: Celica
  32. :substitute: Fire Emblem for Switch protagonist
  33. :4kirby:
  34. :4dedede:
  35. :4metaknight:
  36. :substitute: Waddle Dee
  37. :4fox:
  38. :4falco:
  39. :wolf:
  40. :4pikachu:
  41. :4jigglypuff:
  42. :4mewtwo:
  43. :4charizard:
  44. :4lucario:
  45. :4greninja:
  46. :substitute: Decidueye
  47. :substitute: Meowth (with Alola Form Meowth as alternate costume) :052:
  48. :4olimar:
  49. :substitute: Alph (semi-clone with Rock Pikmin) :4alph:
  50. :4shulk:
  51. :substitute: Rex
  52. :4gaw:
  53. :4littlemac:
  54. :4duckhunt:
  55. :popo:
  56. :4rob:
  57. :4falcon:
  58. :substitute: Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
  59. :substitute: Track Meet (World Class Track Meet)
  60. :4villager: (now with 8 boys and 8 girls as alternate costumes)
  61. :4wiifit:
  62. :substitute: Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
  63. :substitute: Wandering Hero (StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii I & II)
  64. :substitute: Inkling (Splatoon)
  65. :substitute: Spring Man (Arms)
  66. :4miibrawl:
  67. :4miisword:
  68. :4miigun:
  69. :snake:
  70. :4sonic:
  71. :4megaman:
  72. :4pacman:
  73. :4ryu:
  74. :4cloud:
  75. :4bayonetta:
  76. :substitute: Bomberman
  77. :substitute: Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
  78. :substitute: Rayman
  79. :substitute: Banjo-Kazooie
  80. :substitute: Shantae
  81. :substitute: Shovel Knight
Why 24 newcomers? Because of this pattern I made up. :awesome:

SSB 64 had 12 newcomers. 2 x 6 = 12
Melee had 14 newcomers. 2 x 7 = 14

Brawl had 18 newcomers. 3 x 6 = 18
SSB4 had 21 newcomers. 3 x 7 = 21

SSB5 might have 24 newcomers. 4 x 6 = 24

That and because I want more newcomers to play with. :grin:

If this was SSB4 Switch, then my roster would be the same as SSB4 Wii U/3DS plus all the cut characters.
:pichumelee::younglinkmelee::snake::wolf::popo::ivysaur::squirtle:

EDIT

I want to thank Megadoomer Megadoomer for making this roster image based on my roster list. It was an unexpected surprise but I appreciate it!

There's no character icon for Track Meet so he used a retro series icon as a placeholder. There's also no character icon for Wandering Heroes so he used a generic Mii icon as a placeholder.

IMO, if Track Meet gets in, his series icon would probably be a hurdle like the one in the NES box art. And if Wandering Heroes get in, their series icon would likely be the crown just like the Find Mii stage in Smash 3DS.

Last edited:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Here is my roster I might be especting for Smash Bros.'s take on the Switch:

Blue = Starter
Red = Unlockable
Green = DLC
Yellow = Alternate Costumes

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929

1 cut, 16 additions, 3 returning veterans.

3 cuts, 18 additions, 2 returning veterans
Cut: Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit
Returning: Ice Climbers, Wolf
Newcomers: Toad, King K. Rool, Impa, Ridley, Waddle Dee, Decidueye, FE16 character, Rex, Takamaru, Chibi-Robo, Chorus Kids, Dillon, Inkling (confirmed!), Spring Man, Bomberman, Crash

June 22nd Edit:
Ultimate Speculate.png

Newcomers: Inkling, Daisy, Ridley (All confirmed) + King K. Rool, Dixie Kong (echo), Decidueye, Ray, Chorus Kids, Dillon, Simon Belmont
New Series Represented: Splatoon, Custom Robo, Rhythm Heaven, Dillon's Rolling Western, Castlevania

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I made a fantastic "ideal" roster of one hundred characters. I don't necessarily consider these characters plausible or optimal (like Ninten and Kamek). It's just my ideal roster. If you have any comments, please don't complain about what IP a character is or what IPs do and don't have newcomers. I only added the characters that I think would work, with some personal exceptions. So if I don't think there are any Metroid newcomers that would work, that's why there aren't any.

"Super Smash Bros. 100"
Ideal Roster of 100 Characters!!! + 4 Mii Fighters & Tabuu + 5 Clones
* = Unlockable Character

Super Mario
  • Mario
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Captain Toad
  • Luigi*
  • Daisy*
  • Dry Bowser*
  • Rosalina & Luma*
  • Paper Mario*
Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Dixie Kong*
  • Pauline*
The Legend of Zelda
  • Link
  • Zelda
  • Ganondorf
  • Sheik*
  • Skull Kid*
  • Toon Link*
  • Toon Zelda*
  • Tetra*
Metroid
  • Samus Aran
  • Zero Suit Samus*
Yoshi
  • Yoshi
  • Kamek
Wario
  • Wario
  • Waluigi*
Kirby
  • Kirby
  • King Dedede
  • Meta Knight*
Star Fox
  • Fox McCloud
  • Andross
  • Falco Lombardi*
  • Wolf O'Donnell*
Pokemon
  • Pikachu
  • Charizard
  • Greninja
  • Decidueye
  • Lucario*
  • Jigglypuff*
  • Gengar*
  • Mewtwo*
Kid Icarus
  • Pit
  • Palutena
Fire Emblem
  • Marth
  • Ike
  • Robin
  • Corrin*
  • Camilla*
  • Alm & Celica*
  • Lyndis*
  • Roy*
Mother/EarthBound
  • Ninten
  • Ness*
  • Lucas*
F-Zero
  • Captain Falcon
  • Samurai Goroh*
Pikmin
  • Olimar
  • Alph*
Animal Crossing
  • Villager
  • Isabelle
Punch-Out!!
  • Little Mac
Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Rex & Pyra
Pilotwings
  • Pilots
Splatoon
  • Inkling
Arms
  • Spring Man
  • Ribbon Girl*
Golden Sun
  • Isaac*
The Legendary Starfy
  • Starfy*
Chibi-Robo!
  • Chibi-Robo*
Big Brain Academy
  • Dr. Lobe*
Rhythm Heaven
  • Rhythm Troupe*
Retro
  • Balloon Fighter
  • Ice Climbers
  • Duck Hunt
  • ExciteBiker
  • Takamaru*
  • Donbe & Akari*
  • Ayumi Tachibana*
  • Lip*
  • Sheriff*
  • Mr. Game & Watch*
  • R.O.B.*
Third Party
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Mega Man
  • Pac-Man
  • Bomberman
  • Simon Belmont
  • Snake
  • Ryu
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Cloud Strife
  • Lara Croft
  • Bayonetta
  • Alucard*
  • Terra Branford*
  • Shadow The Hedgehog*
  • Zero*
Super Smash Brothers
  • Mii Brawler
  • Mii Swordfighter
  • Mii Gunner
  • Mii Mage*
  • Tabuu*
The Clones (Unlockable when roster has been completed)
  • Dr. Mario*
  • Donkey Kong Jr.*
  • Pichu*
  • Dark Pit*
  • Lucina*
Alternate Costume Characters
  • Bowser Jr. (The Koopalings)
  • Captain Toad (Toadette)
  • Sheik (Impa)
  • Marth (Leif)
  • Little Mac (Wirefame Mac)
  • Isaac (Matthew)
  • Starfy (Starly)
  • Spring Man (Spring Tron)
  • Bomberman (The Bomberman Bros.)
  • Pac-Man (Ms. Pac-Man)
  • Lara Croft (32-Bit Lara)
Character Concepts:
Dixie Kong appears as a semi-clone of Diddy Kong. But, she has many unique abilities. Most of her non-special attacks are completely different. Mostly using her hair, whereas Diddy would use his tail.

Unique Abilities: Gumball Gun, Hair Twirl.
Final Smash: Guitar

Pauline's design is inspired by Donkey Kong on Gameboy and her dress is torn like in her arcade artwork and one of her straps is hanging off.

Potential abilities: Super Hammer, Mini-Pauline Toys, Oil Drum, Spring, Parasol, Key, Trash Can, Ladder (DKGB).
Final Smash: New Donk City Festival

Kamek dawns an original design in this game to further establish him as a unique character. Like Bowser Jr and his clown car, Kamek is always on his magic broom.

Potential Abilities: Magic, Toadies, Mario Enemies, Change opponents stats.
Final Smash: Giant Magic Hammer

Andross appears in his "humanoid" form from Star Fox 2 & Star Fox Zero. He doesn't have any arms so he still functions with his proper abilities. One of his abilities (and his stage entrance) is the inter dimensional cube from Star Fox and Star Fox 2.

Potential Abilities: Telekinesis, Metal Panels (can build anything), Scepter, Black Holes, Magnetic Laser (used for pulling opponents toward him), Become Metallic, Ghostly Aurora, Plasma Rings, Light-Speed Warp, Inter dimensional Cube, Darkness, Cosmic Powers.
Final Smash: Summons black hole, pulls in opponents to another dimension, becomes Giant Head Andross, sucks up opponents, chews them, spits them back out.

Samurai Goroh is very slightly a semi-clone of Captain Falcon. Even less so than Luigi. Though he shares the same special abilties and Final Smash. Most all of his non special abilities are a unique mixture of brute strength and his stingray katana.

Final Smash: Fire Stingray

Ninten appears with minor differences from Ness. Ness is his Falco and Lucas is his Wolf. I don't actually consider Ninten a plausible or even sensical addition. I just love him the most of all the Mother protagonists so it's a shame he's the only one absent. But, obvious why.
530-90_5a32ecf21c383.jpg

Differences from Ness & Lucas:
  • Neutral Special is Rising PK Flash
  • Side Special is PSI Beam
  • Down Special is PSI Vacuum
  • Up Special is Rolling PK Thunder
  • Hank's Bat (Strongest of the three)
  • No Yo-Yo
  • Ness's Final Smash is PSI Rockin
  • Lucas's Final Smash is PK Love
Ninten's Final Smash: 4th-D Slip

Differences from Princess Peach
  • Faster, more agile and energetic
  • Side tilt
  • Some attacks cause flower head effect
  • Unable to float
  • Unique Neutral & Down Special
Final Smash: Flower Blossom

Differences from Bowser
  • Faster and lighter
  • Running animation from Melee
  • Side Smash from Melee
  • Some body parts fall off after excessive damage, becomes faster and lighter
  • Ability to use head as an item (and as tilt attacks)
  • Side special replaced with Bone Boomerang

Waluigi's move set is ENTIRELY original. Though he uses his Tennis racket briefly in his neutral attack, all of his moves are original to Super Smash Bros, inspired by his wacky and devious personality, just as Wario's were.

Potential Abilities: Jetpack, Handglider, Birdman.
Final Smash: Gyrocopter

Balloon Fighter is kind of like a reverse Little Mac. He is a supreme aerial fighter who is mostly helpless on the ground. His balloons make recovery (especially after being launched) much easier.

Balloon Fighter can have three balloons. After taking significant damage, a balloon will pop. With his Nuetral B Special, Balloon Fighter can use his balloon pump to make more balloons. If he already has three, the next balloon he pumps will pop, making it an attack.

If Balloon Fighter's arms get tired from flapping, he can sacrifice his balloons by over inflating them until they pop as a final recovery. He will then descend by parachute.

Potential Abilities: Balloon Pump, Flippers, Sparks and Static, Air Pump (like Stanley). His swimming animation is him trying to avoid the fish. Instead of drowning, the fish will eat him and take him to the bottom of the ocean.

Final Smash: Bonus Stage (Balloons can Star KO)

Donkey Kong Jr. is a clone of Donkey Kong. He's not as big as DK, but he's bigger than Diddy. He uses his fists a lot more than DK rather than his palms, like in his Spinning Kong move and Hand Slap move.

He also uses a key as his down aerial and can release clap traps as his down tilt.
DK-Jr..png

Alternate Design:
MKDD_Unused_Character_Icons.png

Final Smash: Donkey Kong Jr. uses a key to break 8-Bit DK out of prison, allowing him to wreak havoc.

Shadow is a Luigi-esque clone of Sonic. He retains his homing attack and spin dash as well as Super Shadow. But, he can teleport with Chaos Control and use Chaos Spear.

Abilities: Chaos Control, Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast.
Final Smash: Super Shadow

Semi-Clones
  • Luigi
  • Daisy
  • Dry Bowser
  • Dixie Kong
  • Toon Link
  • Toon Zelda
  • Falco Lombardi
  • Wolf O'Donnell
  • Roy
  • Ness
  • Lucas
  • Samurai Goroh
  • Alph
  • Ribbon Girl
  • Shadow The Hedgehog
Full Clones
  • Dr. Mario
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Pichu
  • Dark Pit
  • Lucina

Mario (Debut: 1981)
  • Donkey Kong Classics (NES)
  • Super Mario Bros. (NES)
  • Super Mario 64 (N64)
Luigi (Debut: 1983)
  • Mario Bros. (NES)
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Japan Only)
  • Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Princess Peach (Debut: 1985)
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
  • Super Princess Peach (DS)
Bowser (Debut: 1985)
  • Mario Party 2 (N64)
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (3DS)
Bowser Jr. (Debut: 2002)
  • Super Mario Sunshine (GCN)
  • Mario Power Tennis (GCN)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)
The Koopalings (Debut: 1988)
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
  • Super Mario World (SNES)
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
Rosalina & Luma (Debut: 2007)
  • Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
  • Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
  • Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
Captain Toad (Debut: 2007)
  • Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (NS)
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (NS)
Toadette (Debut: 2003)
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash (GCN)
  • Mario Party 6 (GCN)
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (NS)
Princess Daisy (Debut: 1989)
  • Super Mario Land (GB)
  • Mario Tennis (N64)
  • Super Mario Run
Dry Bowser (Debut: 2006)
  • New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
  • Mario Kart Wii (DS)
  • Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
Dr. Mario (Debut: 1990)
  • Dr. Mario (NES)
  • Dr. Mario 64 (North America Only)
  • Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (3DS)
Paper Mario (Debut: 2000)
  • Paper Mario (N64)
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)
  • Paper Mario: Color Splash (Wii U)
Donkey Kong (Debut: 1981)
  • Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
Diddy Kong (Debut: 1994)
  • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)
  • Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
Dixie Kong (Debut: 1995)
  • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)
  • Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble (SNES)
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (NS)
King K. Rool (Debut: 1994)
  • Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
  • DK: King of Swing (GBA)
Pauline (Debut: 1981)
  • Mario VS Donkey Kong 2: March of The Minis (DS)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (NS)
Donkey Kong Jr. (Debut: 1982)
  • Donkey Kong Jr. (NES)
  • Donkey Kong Jr. Math (NES)
  • Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Yoshi (Debut: 1990)
  • Super Mario World (SNES)
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)
  • Yoshi's Story (N64)
Baby Mario (Debut: 1995)
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)
  • Mario Golf (N64)
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (DS)
Wario (Debut: 1992)
  • Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (GB)
  • Wario Land 3 (GBC)
  • WarioWare Gold (3DS)
Waluigi (Debut: 2000)
  • Mario Tennis (N64)
  • Mario Party 3 (N64)
  • Mario Strikers: Charged (Wii)
Link (Debut: 1986)
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild (NS)
Princess Zelda (Debut: 1986)
  • The Legend of Zelda (NES)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild (NS)
Sheik (Debut: 1998)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NS)
Ganondorf (Debut: 1998)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GCN)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Skull Kid (Debut: 2000)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Toon Link (Debut: 2002)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
Toon Zelda (Debut: 2002)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (GBA)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
Tetra (Debut: 2002)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GCN)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
Impa (Debut: 1986)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/ The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
Samus Aran (Debut: 1986)
  • Metroid (NES)
  • Super Metroid (SNES)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (NS)
Zero Suit Samus (Debut: 2004)
  • Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
  • Metroid: Other M (Wii)
  • Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
Captain Falcon (Debut: 1990)
  • F-Zero (SNES)
  • F-Zero X (N64)
  • F-Zero GX (GCN)
Samurai Goroh (Debut: 1990)
  • F-Zero (SNES)
  • F-Zero X (N64)
  • F-Zero GX (GCN)
Ninten (Debut: 1989)
  • EarthBound Beginnings (Japan Only)
  • Super Smash Bros. 100
  • ---
Ness (Debut: 1994)
  • EarthBound (SNES)
  • Super Smash Bros. (N64)
  • ---
Lucas (Debut: 2006)
  • Mother 3 (Japan Only)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
  • ---
Kirby (Debut: 1992)
  • Kirby's Dream Land (GB)
  • Kirby's Adventure (NES)
  • Kirby Star Allies (NS)
King Dedede (Debut 1992)
  • Kirby's Dream Land (GB)
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64)
  • Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)
Meta Knight (Debut: 1993)
  • Kirby's Adventure (NES)
  • Kirby Superstar (SNES)
  • Kirby Superstar Ultra (DS)
Fox McCloud (Debut: 1993)
  • Star Fox (SNES)
  • Star Fox 64 (N64)
  • Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
Falco Lombardi (Debut: 1993)
  • Star Fox 64 (N64)
  • Star Fox Command (DS)
  • Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
Wolf O'Donnell (Debut: 1997)
  • Star Fox 64 (N64)
  • Star Fox Assault (GCN)
  • Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
Andross (Debut: 1993)
  • Star Fox (SNES)
  • Star Fox 64 (N64)
  • Star Fox Zero (Wii U)
Pikachu (Debut: 1996)
  • Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition (GB)
  • Hey You, Pikachu! (N64)
  • Pokemon Sun/Pokemon Moon (3DS)
Jigglypuff (Debut: 1996)
  • Pokemon Red/Pokemon Blue (GB)
  • Pokemon X/Pokemon Y (3DS)
Charizard (Debut: 1996)
  • Pokemeon Fire Red/Pokemon Leaf Green (GBA)
Gengar (Debut: 1996)
  • Pokken Tournament DX (NS)
Lucario (Debut: 2006)
  • Pokemon Diamond/Pokemon Pearl (DS)
Greninja (Debut: 2013)
  • Pokemon Battle Trozei (3DS)
Decidueye (Debut: 2016)
  • Pokemon Ultra Sun/Pokemon Ultra Moon (3DS)
Mewtwo (Debut: 1996)
  • Pokemon Stadium (N64)
Pichu (Debut: 1999)
  • Pokemon Gold/Pokemon Silver (GBC)
  • Pokemon Channel (GCN)
  • Pokemon Heart Gold/Pokemon Soul Silver (DS)
Pit (Debut: 1986)
  • Kid Icarus (NES)
  • Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
Palutena (Debut: 1986)
  • Kid Icarus (NES)
  • Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB)
Dark Pit (Debut: 2012)
  • ---
  • ---
Marth (Debut: 1990)
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & The Blade of Light (Japan Only)
  • Fire Emblem: Mystery of The Emblem (Japan Only)
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)
Leif (Debut: 1996)
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of The Holy War (Japan Only)
  • Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Japan Only)
  • ---
Roy (Debut: 2001)
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
  • Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Japan Only)
  • ---
Lyn (Debut: 2003)
  • Fire Emblem (GBA)
  • Fire Emblem Warriors (NS)
  • ---
Ike (Debut: 2005)
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GCN)
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)
  • ---
Robin (Debut: 2012)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)
  • ---
Corrin (Debut: 2015)
  • Fire Emblem Fates (3DS)
  • ---
Camilla (Debut: 2015)
  • Fire Emblem Fates (3DS)
  • ---
Alm & Celica (Debut: 1992)
  • Fire Emblem Gaiden (Japan Only)
  • Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (3DS)
  • ---
Lucina (Debut: 2012)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)
  • ---
Olimar (Debut: 2001)
  • Pikmin (GCN)
  • Pikmin 2 (GCN)
  • Hey! Pikmin (3DS)
Alph (Debut: 2013)
  • Pikmin 3 (Wii U)
  • ---
  • ---
Villager (Debut: 2001)
  • Animal Forest (Japan Only)
  • Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
Isabelle (Debut: 2012)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
  • Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS)
Little Mac (Debut: 1984)
  • Punch-Out!! (NES)
  • Super Punch-Out!! (SNES)
  • Punch-Out!! (Wii)
Rex & Pyra (Debut: 2017)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (NS)
  • ---
  • ---
Pilots (Debut: 1996)
  • Pilotwings (SNES)
  • Pilotwings 64 (N64)
  • Pilotwings Resort (3DS)
Inkling (Debut: 2015)
  • Splatoon (Wii U)
  • Splatoon 2 (NS)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS)
Spring Man (Debut: 2017)
  • Arms (NS)
  • ---
  • ---
Ribbon Girl (Debut: 2017)
  • Arms (NS)
  • ---
  • ---
Isaac (Debut: 2001)
  • Golden Sun (GBA)
  • Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA)
  • Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
Matthew (Debut: 2010)
  • Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
  • ---
  • ---
Starfy (Debut: 2002)
  • Densetsu no Stafy (Japan Only)
  • Densetsu no Stafy 2 (Japan Only)
  • The Legendary Starfy (DS)
Starly (Debut: 2004)
  • Densetsu no Stafy 3 (Japan Only)
  • Densetsu no Stafy 4 (Japan Only)
  • The Legendary Starfy (DS)
Chibi-Robo (Debut: 2005)
  • Chibi-Robo! Plug into Adventure (GCN)
  • Chibi-Robo! Park Patrol (DS)
  • Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash (3DS)
Dr. Lobe (Debut: 2005)
  • Big Brain Academy (DS)
  • Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Wii)
  • ---
Rhythm Troupe (Debut: 2006)
  • Rhythm Tengoku (Japan Only)
  • Rhythm Heaven (DS)
  • Rhythm Heaven Megamix (3DS)
ExciteBiker (Debut: 1984)
  • ExciteBike (NES)
  • ExciteBike 64 (N64)
  • ExciteBike: World Rally (Wii)
Balloon Fighter (Debut: 1984)
  • VS Balloon Fight
  • Balloon Fight (NES)
  • ---
Ice Climbers (Debut: 1985)
  • Ice Climber (NES)
  • ---
  • ---
Duck Hunt (Debut: 1984)
  • Duck Hunt (NES)
  • ---
  • ---
Takamaru (Debut: 1986)
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle (Japan Only)
  • ---
  • ---
Donbe & Hikari (Debut: 1987)
  • Shin Onigashima (Japan Only)
  • Heisei Shin Onigashima (Japan Only)
  • Kirby's Dreamland 3 (SNES)
Ayumi Tachibana (Debut: 1988)
  • Famicom Detective Club Part II: The Girl in The Back (Japan Only)
  • Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir (Japan Only)
  • BS: Detective Club: Lost Memories in The Snow (Japan Only)
Lip (Debut: 1995)
  • Panel De Pon (Japan Only)
  • Nintendo Puzzle Collection (Japan Only)
  • ---
Sheriff (Debut: 1979)
  • Sheriff (Japan Only)
  • Sheriff 2 (Japan Only)
  • ---
R.O.B. (Debut: 1985)
  • Gyromite (NES)
  • Stack-Up (NES)
  • Mario Kart DS (DS)
Mr. Game & Watch (Debut: 1980)
  • Ball (G&W)
  • Game & Watch Gallery (GB)
  • Game & Watch Gallery 4 (GBA)
Sonic The Hedgehog (Debut: 1991)
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (GCN)
  • Sonic Mania (NS)
Shadow The Hedgehog (Debut: 2001)
  • Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (GCN)
  • Shadow The Hedgehog (GCN)
  • Sonic Forces (NS)
Mega Man (Debut: 1987)
  • Mega Man (NES)
  • Mega Man 2 (SNES)
  • Mega Man 11 (NS)
Zero (Debut: 1993)
  • Mega Man X (SNES)
  • Mega Man Zero (GBA)
  • Project X Zone (3DS)
Bomberman (Debut: 1983)
  • Bomberman (NES)
  • Bomberman Hero (N64)
  • Super Bomberman R (NS)
Pac-Man (Debut: 1980)
  • Pac-Man
  • Pac-Man World (GBA)
  • Pac-Man Champion Edition 2 (NS)
Ms. Pac-Man (Debut: 1981)
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • Pac-Land (NES)
  • Pac-Man World Rally (GCN)
Simon Belmont (Debut: 1986)
  • Castlevania (NES)
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
  • Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Alucard (Debut: 1989)
  • Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
  • Castlevania: Symphony of The Night
  • Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Snake (Debut: 1987)
  • Metal Gear (NES)
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GCN)
Ryu (Debut: 1987)
  • Street Fighter II
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (3DS)
  • Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (NS)
Heihachi Mishima (Debut: 1994)
  • Tekken
  • Tekken 3D: Prime Edition (3DS)
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U)
Lara Croft (Debut: 1996)
  • Tomb Raider
  • Tomb Raider: Legend (DS)
  • Rise of The Tomb Raider
Terra Branford (Debut: 1994)
  • Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
  • ---
  • ---
Cloud Strife (Debut: 1997)
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • ---
  • ---
Bayonetta (Debut: 2009)
  • Bayonetta (NS)
  • Bayonetta 2 (NS)
  • Bayonetta 3 (NS)
Tabuu (Debut: 2008)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary (Wii)
  • Super Smash Bros. 100
  • ---

• Sheriff
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Pac-Man
  • Mario
  • Donkey Kong
  • Pauline
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Luigi
  • Bomberman
  • ExciteBiker
  • Little Mac
  • Balloon Fighter
  • Duck Hunt
  • Ice Climbers
  • R.O.B.
  • Princess Peach
  • Bowser
  • Link
  • Princess Zelda
  • Impa
  • Takamaru
  • Samus Aran
  • Simon Belmont
  • Pit
  • Palutena
  • Snake
  • Ryu
  • Donbe & Hikari
  • Mega Man
  • Ayumi Tachibana
  • Larry Koopa
  • Morton Koopa Jr.
  • Wendy O. Koop
  • Iggy Koopa
  • Roy Koopa
  • Lemmy Koopa
  • Ludwig Von Koopa
  • Princess Daisy
  • Ninten
  • Alucard
  • Marth
  • Dr. Mario
  • Yoshi
  • Captain Falcon
  • Samurai Goroh
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Kirby
  • King Dedede
  • Alm & Celica
  • Wario
  • Fox McCloud
  • Falco Lombardi
  • Andross
  • Meta Knight
  • Zero
  • Terra Branford
  • Ness
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Diddy Kong
  • King K. Rool
  • Baby Mario
  • Dixie Kong
  • Lip
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
  • Charizard
  • Gengar
  • Mewtwo
  • Leif
  • Pilots
  • Lara Croft
  • Cloud Strife
  • Wolf O'Donnell
  • Sheik
  • Ganondorf
  • Skull Kid
  • Pichu
  • Paper Mario
  • Waluigi
  • Villager
  • Shadow The Hedgehog
  • Isaac
  • Olimar
  • Roy
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Starfy
  • Toon Link
  • Toon Zelda
  • Tetra
  • Lyndis
  • Toadette
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Starly
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Dr. Lobe
  • Ike
  • Lucas
  • Dry Bowser
  • Rhythm Troupe
  • Lucario
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Captain Toad
  • Tabuu
  • Bayonetta
  • Shulk
  • Matthew
  • Dark Pit
  • Robin
  • Lucina
  • Isabelle
  • Alph
  • Greninja
  • Inkling
  • Corrin
  • Camilla
  • Decidueye
  • Spring Man
  • Ribbon Girl
  • Rex & Pyra

*Sheriff is the final unlockable character before Tabuu is fought after all 105 Characters complete Classic Mode. (Not the Miis)

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Newcomers: King K. Rool • Dixie Kong • Toad • Rex & Pyra • Decidueye or Gen. 8 Grass Starter • Inkling • Springman • Mallo from Pushmo • Mach Rider • Andross • Breath of the Wild Link • Bomberman • Geno

1. King K. Rool: The kremlin king can switch costumes (king, pirate, baron) and special abilities with Down B. Each persona also changes one Smash move.

2. Dixie Kong: Dixie Kong can slow her descent and increase her aerial horizontal movement by whirling her hair by holding the jump button similar to Peach's hovering ability.

3. Toad: Toad is the Mushroom Kingdom's first speed character. He is fast, light and has small toad-like hops. In order to deal with aerial opponents, Toad has many Mariokart themed specials that act as anti-aerial moves and recovery options.

4. Rex & Pyra: Rex is the main fighter. His team partner Pyra stands on the Z-Axis. Pyra cannot be hit or thrown off the stage. She is slower than Rex, but follows him. She can perform one jump and jumps when he does, but cannot jump off the stage. She attacks towards the screen when Rex performs certain moves. Her attacks can hit dodging or rolling characters. Rex can throw opponents toward Pyra for combo attacks. (Possible unlock: Mythra - She has different stats/abilities than Pyra. Once you select Rex, there are two characters behind him on the select screen. One is a silhouette and the other filled in. You can go back and forth between Pyra and Mythra and select one)

5. Decidueye or Grass Starter: The pokemon newcomer could charge all aerial attacks.

6. Inkling

7. Springman: Springman can press A after most attacks to attack again with his other arm. At the character select screen, three elemental ARMS can be chosen. One for each hand. You can pick the same ARM.

8. Mallo from Pushmo: Mallo is a sumo-wrestler. He can summon and push blocks (and push players) to control the ring.

9. Mach Rider: Mach Rider is a warrior from a post-apocalyptic world. Mach Rider wears fragmented armor on their body and can contort limbs to form a vehicle/s.

10. Andross: Andross, the villain from StarFox, appears with his body before he defied natural law and morphed into a planet-sized head. Andross is a scientist that experiments with space and quantum physics. He can generate grids that can form into metallic rectangles. He wears two giant armored gloves complete with rocket boosters for fueled up punches.

11. Breath of the Wild Link: BotW Link starts with a Moblin Club. After enough successful hits, his club shatters and he fights with an improved weapon. Magnesis allows him to wrangle an underground treasure chest back and forth. This is an attack that pops enemies up with the mound of earth rolls under them, but it also fishes out a chest that breaks and reveals an enchanted sword. This is Link's best weapon if he can retrieve it. Weapons reset w/ lost stock. Link can mount the Lord of the Mountain as a recovery (and fire off arrows while doing so) and also use his side special, stamina wheel, to run faster, scale walls, and paraglide.

12. Bomberman: Bomberman uses a variety of bombs to solve his problems. Down B plucks out a large bomb he can log-roll on. He can also jump off and climb back on board. Enough damage to the giant bomb results in a giant explosion.

13. Geno: Geno from Mario RPG finally enters the fray.

• Mii Fighters are reworked. All Mii fighters have a standard moveset. Specials can be changed by picking different arms, legs, bodies and miscellaneous gear. Certain sets can be introduced like: Pokemon Trainer and Labo Suit.

- Cut characters: Roy, Lucas, Dr. Mario, Toon Link, Cloud, Bayonetta
- Returning characters: Ice Climbers
- Dark Pit and Lucina are costumes.

Tag-team moves are introduced. Custom moves only exists for Mii's. Shield tiers for blocking exist to balance fighters further. Cut characters have a chance to return as DL.

- Scorpion, Rayman, and Belmont are possible DL 3rd-party characters.
- Ribbon Girl is a possible DLC. FE rep is a possible DL character.

* This roster is a prediction roster soaked in personal bias.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is what I think will get in if there’s a hypothetical expanded Smash 4 port because no way they add nothing else aside from Smash 3DS & Wii U contents. So there’s bound to be some additional characters.

1. Ice Climbers
2. Wolf
3. Inklings
4. Spring Man
5. Chorus Men
6. Bomberman

All adds up to an additional sixty-four character. This number is perfect for marketing purpose because it gives the impression of a much bigger expansion than it really is and it appeals to N64 nostalgia. They should do this before they have to reboot the franchise.

Jonathan Hooker

Smash Rookie
I don't really mind as long is there are a decent variety of char. added, except for the fact that I REALLY want King Boo.
Adding Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Snake back wouldn't hurt either.

Chase

Smash Ace

A 69-character roster.

NEWCOMERS (15):
  • Captain Toad (Mario)
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  • K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
  • Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
  • F-Type (Stunt Race FX)
  • Ganon (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Ridley (Metroid)
  • Bandana Dee (Kirby)
  • Marshal (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Inkling (Splatoon)
  • Decidueye (Pokémon)
  • Spring Man (ARMS)
  • Elma (Xenoblade)
  • Rayman (Rayman)
These new characters seem to make the most sense.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
If the engine is very similar to 4's then I think most veterans will stay. The only characters I think are probably gonna go are Ryu and Cloud simply because they had a lot less content in the game than the other third party characters possibly hinting at a stricter deal. As for the roster itself, here are my predictions.

Everyone from Smash 4 (excluding Ryu and Cloud) +

Ice Climbers
They were only cut from 4 because of 3DS hardware limitations and they even had a crowd chant so they were likely finished. I'm certain they're coming back.

Wolf

Probably the strangest omission at the end of Smash 4's DLC. While I thought the absence of Snake and the Ice Climbers was more noticeable, Wolf felt like the easiest character to bring over but nothing came of it. I'm fairly confident he'll get his chance this time.

Inklings

Confirmed

Decidueye

I try not to take too much stock in patterns but Decidueye would complete the Smash starter triangle with Gren and Zard and he's one of the more popular Pokemon from gen 7.

Rex & Pyra/Mythra

There is so much moveset potential here and since we don't have to worry about the 3DS I'm sure the Switch can handle having another character in the background. The game may have only come out recently but the developers would have had knowledge of the characters and what they do a long time ago.

Springman or Twintelle

Springman is the obvious pick but Twintelle is a fan favourite. It's a new franchise so Nintendo will want to promote it in any way they can.

K.Rool

Heavily requested during the ballot and still has his fans now. The DK series could do with another rep

Dr.Eggman or Tails

I think Sonic has been in enough Smash games now where he could get away with a second rep. Eggman would give us another villain and they can be creative with his moveset while Tails could also be implemented in an interesting way.

Bomberman

I doubt Snake is ever coming back for various reasons and Bomberman makes a lot of sense as a new Konami rep. He's fairly recognizable and has a game on the Switch already.

Rayman

From what I can remember, Rayman was considered for 4 but was dropped at some point. He's still being requested a lot so I think he has a chance.

Crash Bandicoot

This would cause meltdowns on the level of Megaman and Cloud and the N.Sane trilogy just so happened to be announced for the Switch a few hours ago.

Fiora
With three Xenoblade games out now and a limited number of new characters to add I just cant see her making the cut. Elma has a much higher chance of making the base roster and I even have my doubts about her making it.

Any other Xenoblade 2 Driver + Blade duo

There's so much you could do with these characters but while Xenoblade 2 has sold well, the series is still small in comparison to Nintendo's juggernaut IPs so I can't really see there being more than 2 slots open for it.

Skull Kid

At this point I feel like Skull Kid has missed his chance since he's quite an old villain. The only things that give me hope are the 3DS remake of Majora's mask and the fact that he was an assist trophy in the previous game.

Masked Man

Probably my most wanted character but sadly also the least likely. Mother as a series is dead and Lucas only just scraped into Smash 4.

Magolor

My favourite Kirby villain but like many others on this list, I feel like he's missed his chance. I'm also not sure how they would implement him into the game.

Banjo & Kazooie

I'm only humoring this because Phil Spencer said it was possible during the ballot. I'm really not expecting anything to happen though.

Top Bottom